Chinese compare to Western?

SeaLeo

Fire Tiger with Sheep/Goat Rising. I am a Leo Sun, Pisces Moon, Sagittarius Rising with Jupiter dominant. Jupiter is exalted in Cancer, which has been described as the Sheep's Western equivalent and I happen to love Cancer as a sign. :) Tiger is Yang while Sheep is Yin, so there is balance. Sheep also brings gentleness, compassion, sensitivity and an artistic streak to the sign it affects. I am definitely more subdued and less exuberant than stereotypical Leo or Tiger, everything checks out for me.

oriel

I onced had bazi and zi wei do shou reading.And it was on point.My daymaster is geng metal which is what I can contribute to my struggle in life.
I am a water dominant in western having sun in ♋, moon in ♓,pluto in ♏ grand water trine which makes me emotional.
And in bazi I lack the water element.
I have lots of fire and earth element in bazi which makes it dry.I noticed I get lucky with people who has water daymasters in their charts.
I am born in the year of the earth dragon in chinese astrology.

Vir

I am Virgo Sun and rising with a Cancer moon. I am a fire snake but unsure of any secondary - could you advise where the best place to find out this info?

Humanitarian

I'm a Fire Ox with a Pig Ascendant.
I'm an Aquarius Sun, Sagittarius Moon, Libra Ascendant.

As an Aquarius Ox, I'm highly highly stubborn, yes. Most of my planets are in fixed signs. Ox is very stubborn and I relate it to Taurus as its Western equivalent. It is difficult, if not impossible, to do what people tell me to do. I am self-willed and self-directed.

Interesting to know that I have a Pig Ascendant, I did not know we had Chinese ascendants. I shall have to read up some more on the Pig now.

I'm also an Aquarius dominant Ox but Mutable dominant(Sun and rising all Mutable)and I have so much Sagittarus energy(Sagittarus Sun and Venus,Dominant sign in 9th house,Jupiter in 9th house,Neptune in 9th House,Chiron in 9th House)

Last edited:

Humanitarian

State your Chinese Animal and element and your Rising animal.

State your Sun, Moon and Rising.

How do they compare?? Are they completely different, or do they make sense?

I think in Chinese astrology you have 4 different animal signs, but I DONT KNOW. I think the year animal and time of day animal is the most important.

---------------------------------------------------

I'm an Earth Tiger with a Dog Rising.
In Western, I'm a Leo, Virgo Moon, and Capricorn Rising.

I thought the tiger was the same as the Leo in Chinese astrology, but actually they're the opposite. The tiger is similar to the Aquarius sign in Western Astrology – which I think is so cool because I love the Aquarius sign.

It makes sense that I'm an Earth Tiger. I have two earth signs for my three main signs in Western astrology. The earth element in Chinese is about the same Western astrology.

Having a dog rising also makes sense. It doesn't make all the sense, but I have my Sun in the 7th house in western, and the Dog is similar to the Libra sign western. So I can see where the selflessness comes from.
I'm an Earth Ox with Fire Tiger Rising (No major rising Chinese stars) + Sag Sun, Libra Moon, Gemini Rising

I have Capricorn and Aquarius as 2 of 3 most dominant signs in my chart, and they're also reflected in Chinese Astrology, because Ox to Tiger is like Capricorn to Aquarius. Fire is also the 2nd most dominant element in my chart, and I can see my airy side through my Chinese Rising, too (I have 2 of the 3 big 3 in air signs!)

Humanitarian

I am Virgo Sun and rising with a Cancer moon. I am a fire snake but unsure of any secondary - could you advise where the best place to find out this info?
Use your birth hour, birthday, birth month and birth year to find out the secondaries in Zi Wei Dou Shu

JUPITERASC

I'm also an Aquarius dominant Ox but Mutable dominant(Sun and rising all Mutable)and I have so much Sagittarus energy(Sagittarus Sun and Venus,Dominant sign in 9th house,Jupiter in 9th house,Neptune in 9th House,Chiron in 9th House)
you say you're fourteen currently
so you were twelve when you posted that two years ago - an early learner
:)

Chinese and Western Zodiacs: So Different. So Similar

Chinese = Lunar Calendar
Western = Solar Calendar

Same here! I only knew they gave great importance to the year animal and I've heard time of the day as well. Now I have learnt that there is also day and month animals as well. Verryyyy interesting.

I'm a wood ox and rooster rising. In Western, I'm Scorpio rising, Tauras sun and moon. They sort of make sense to me. Tauras and Ox pretty similar traits. Cannot disagree with the rooster rising traits either. :whistling:
The chinese system considers all 4 different signs because humans experience time in 4 different modes: year, month, day, hour. These 4 zones also resonnate with each of the 4 main chakras, mind, heart, body, action.