View Single Post
Unread 05-01-2007, 03:34 PM

Send a message via MSN to Lenvdb
Re: What is the gender of the of the Creator of Trinity

Could I post a line or two? Just my thought in my walk with God.

God is both male and female, yet neither male nor female. We cannot really comprehend God on human terms. God reveals herself/himself to us according to our capacity to understand and believe. That is why one of the hebrew names of God is the Elohim. Elohim is a Female noun with a male plural. Jesus calls God his Abba-Ama (See the Gospel of the Holy 12).

The Gospel of the Holy 12 is an Aramaic manuscript copy of the Gospel found in a monastry in Tibet, where it was hidden by members of the Essene community to escape the hands of the Roman church correctors. It was in use by the early church in Jerusalem and the Early Church fathers eventually thought it was lost forever. It is said to be older than the copies of the gospels in the New Testament, which is now in greek. You can order this book from Amazon nowadays - it makes for fascinating reading. You get quite a powerful image of the real Jesus. Not the watered down flavour of Jesus left to us by the Nicean Council!

So when Jesus died He cried Eloi Eloi Lama Sabagtani (Aramaic) which in Hebrew would be "Elohim Elohim...." and in English "my Gods My Gods, why have you forsaken me?" Sadly this duality - the Father-Mother-ness of God is poorly translated today. The church is stuck with an understanding of God which is rather inferior or inadequate.

Len