Are Virgo Risings unattractive?

Dobrev

I'm a Virgo Rising and ive never been in a relationship either. I am kinda young though... :whistling:

Also, ive heard a lot of people describe Virgo Rising as younger looking, but I usually get mistaken for being older :unsure:

bittermoon

The only common denominator I have found so far for 'attractiveness' is a Venus conjunct the Ascendant, or at least very close to it. I'm not talking about 'drop dead gorgeous model beauty' (which is kinda boring anyways, IMO) but it gives the person a certain magnetic charm. My ex-husband (Cancer Rising), my sister (Cancer Rising) and my best friend (Virgo Rising) all have this aspect and are all very attractive. Strangely enough, none of them seem to be really aware of this, which makes it extra charming in my book.

MantisReligiosa

Why are you friends with a bunch of utterly shallow girls?

Are you a university student? After a while, you should find a few brainiacs to hang out with.

I have Virgo rising. I got married at age 24, and have been married (2x) now for about 34 years, with two super adult children. These relationships are far more important to me than impressing a bunch of shallow women.

You mention having a bunch of planets in Pisces. Are they in the 7th house or in the 6th but conjunct the DC? This would raise some additional issues.

Do you want to post your chart?

And cheer up. After a while your ascendant will progress into Libra, if it hasn't done so already.

here is my chart: http://www.tribe.net/template/pub,P...f958b4-fc43-4b31-852d-5d12765a63b6&altText=me

So, to answer your question, yes, I have Venus and Sun conjunct one another and the DC, Venus in the 6th, Sun in the 7th.

I just graduated from college, 2 months ago. I am 22. I haven't found any brainiacs to hang out with, unfortunately.

What happens if my AC progresses into Libra? I cannot see my progressed AC sign on astro.com, how do I figure it out?

MantisReligiosa

The only common denominator I have found so far for 'attractiveness' is a Venus conjunct the Ascendant, or at least very close to it. I'm not talking about 'drop dead gorgeous model beauty' (which is kinda boring anyways, IMO) but it gives the person a certain magnetic charm. My ex-husband (Cancer Rising), my sister (Cancer Rising) and my best friend (Virgo Rising) all have this aspect and are all very attractive. Strangely enough, none of them seem to be really aware of this, which makes it extra charming in my book.

well, Venus on the AC gives a certain Venus-type charm, yes, but I think there are people who don't find that extrordinarily appealing, like me..
I know a few Venus ACs who seem very shallow and manipulative to me, although they do seem to be able to fool most people quite easily.
Men with Venus Asc are very looks-conscious and vain, turn offs for me. Just think Jude Law.

I usually find people with Pluto-Asc hard aspects to be very attractive - introverted and intense.

Or Neptune Ascendants - the women are very feminine and delicate-looking, fragile and dreamy. The men seem artistic and sensitive. Both genders have very soulful eyes.

Last edited:

Saturnian

well, Venus on the AC gives a certain Venus-type charm, yes, but I think there are people who don't find that extrordinarily appealing, like me..
I know a few Venus ACs who seem very shallow and manipulative to me, although they do seem to be able to fool most people quite easily.
Men with Venus Asc are very looks-conscious and vain, turn offs for me. Just think Jude Law.

I usually find people with Pluto-Asc hard aspects to be very attractive - introverted and intense.

Or Neptune Ascendants - the women are very feminine and delicate-looking, fragile and dreamy. The men seem artistic and sensitive. Both genders have very soulful eyes.

I have Venus conjunct Ascendant...But then I have so many planets aspecting my Asc that I don't know which one is projected the most.
I also have many Moon aspects and Moon sextile Asc(Moon Scorpio/Asc Capricorn) and I think that it makes me popular among females,more than males.I just get on so well with girls...like instantly and I am not really the type who is overly feminine and stuff.Of course the fact that I was raised in an all female family also plays an important role,but then on the other hand,my sister has Mars in the first and she gets along better with guys,way better than with girls.While I am the opposite of hers.I am more shy among guys and more affectionate when it comes to girls.I just feel more comfortable around them.
I am not really very good-looking and I dunno if I am charming.But I have noticed the Moon's influence a lot.If it helps my DC is also in Cancer so...If I am not wrong the 7th house,is the house of relationships.So that could be too.

waybread

Mantis, with your sun in the 7th house conjunct your DC, being in a permanent relationship is very important to you, whether you are in one or not. Other people might relax more about not having a relationship, but not you. This is aggravated by the fact that Venus, your femininity/female sexuality is really the only planet making a major aspect to your sun, and she's conjunct your DC as well. I think these explain your feelings more than your Virgo rising.

As the old song goes, "You can't hurry love, you just have to wait. Love don't come easy, it's a game of give and take...." In the meantime, see if you can find positive outlets for your 7th house sun: one-on-one sports like tennis, especially given your sun sextile to Mars might be beneficial.

Oh, and join a good Internet dating web site, if you haven't already.

More on gorgeous Virgo rising women later.....

Last edited:

Inconjunct

If Virgo rising was unattractive and unsexy, then the northern hemisphere would be much less populated than the southern one, seeing as Virgo is the commonest rising sign in that part of the world.

Starsareround

No way! I think a badly aspected mars ruling ascendant or conjunct ascendant can bring the ugly. Virgo rising mostly lends an earthy, youthful vibe.

or1000

i totally wouldn't base attractiveness just on the rising sign. Genetics plays the largest factor, and sexiness can come in the form of confidence, how a person carries themselves, intense inner tensions like squares is a big one for sexiness i suppose, and the energies they give off sometimes by aspects to the ascendant.

Lykanized

Marion Coutillard, Brooke Shields, Julie Delpy,..quite a few classic beauties too. Nah, we good
Sarah Paulson..unconventionally attractive. Well it's more of a personality thing, but we still good

SCP11

While each sign or planet combination will have it's own style, you can't really say one is attractive and one isn't, that will probably depend more on bad aspects which cause disharmony or challenges.

But it's like with physical attraction, there is a standard of beauty and that is
e.g.
jawlines and higher cheekbones with sunken cheeks are attractive, fat cheeks and double chins are not
straight teeth are attractive, crooked teeth are not

the attractive side demonstrates better health and facial musculature whereas the unattractive side demonstrates poor habits and musculature

So, healthy virgo rising and whatever other planetary placement = attractive
and an unhealthy virgo rising, maybe one that has bad aspects, which can sometimes be a challenge to overcome (think of the ugly person in school who transforms into someone beautiful as an adult) can possibly mean unattractiveness.

Now after that, the eye of the beholder lies within that healthy sample
i.e. of these healthy virgo risings, or healthy pisces risings, or healthy mars and saturn in capricorns... what style do you like?

Difficulties in attracting people, that can be another thing which may have nothing at all to do with how attractive you are. It could be about beliefs etc.
Virgo being typically seen as the perfectionist sign, can help lend to the 'why' of why someone would experience difficulties in attracting. Pisces rising on the other hand, if they found it difficult to attract someone, could have something partly to do with being escapist and not facing responsibilities of having to date etc.

SCP11

Oh also i recently saw Madonna's chart, she was virgo rising. You can tell she likes to be meticulous with taking care of her appearance, a Virgo trait. Being an artist she does like to add that touch of glamour and illusion though which helps her to be more venusian. With Virgo being an earth sign there's no reason why it would find it difficult to be venusian. It's not just nit pickiness but mainly sincerity that virgo is concerned with. To make something wholesome is to ensure the vessel is fit for purpose and a clean channel through which higher spiritual wisdom can become tangibly served.

Starsareround

I think there’s been a lot of speculation over the years that Madonna’s rising sign is not Virgo. I personally can not see how Virgo rising is possible...

SCP11

I think there’s been a lot of speculation over the years that Madonna’s rising sign is not Virgo. I personally can not see how Virgo rising is possible...

Yeah, i was confused about Sun etc in the 12th house Leo at first
On the other hand it does seem to be good for constantly changing your looks because it highlights a diminishment of 'me' when there's many faces/masks one puts on for show business

It could just be the planets in virgo that i'm seeing in some of her vibe rather than ascendent but i still think it's possible, i feel like she could be naturally virgo underneath but uses her work to let go leo style, virgo is good for learning dance routines etc. and being specific in her work which i feel is an energy she approaches her work and life with, ascendent style