View Single Post
Unread 01-30-2017, 06:15 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: Sun destroyed by South Node conjunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeSag View Post
Thank you for coming back, Osamenor!

What I found striking is that I’m quite touched -for some bizarre reason- to hear what you say about my previous lifetime. I almost wanted to cry when I read this. It must mean that you’ve hit a truth, discovered something that is precious to me. ‘Striving for prominence’ has been a recurring theme in my life.

I was very well known locally as a child (I live far far away now). All I wanted from when I was little was being “famous”. Please excuse me, I’m cringing to admit this. And although I’m a (very minor) public figure, I know I’ll never be as “famous” as in my wildest dreams. And I’m reminding myself to be grateful for every day I have on this planet as an average human being. Even though I’m sometimes disappointed about my lack of ‘prominence’. I always thought that this is something everyone wants, but I think I have it a bit worse than others.
I've noticed that people who have either the south node or its ruler near the MC often feel that way. They come in with an expectation on themselves to be highly visible, because that's the kind of life experience they're coming from. If you're a minor public figure, you are highly visible in your community.
Quote:
This is also where I now understand my Jupiter in Pisces 5/6th squaring all this comes in. I’m supposed to share and connect to people. To not think about my prominence issues and where I stand in the pecking order, but actually really open myself to other human beings. I’ve even started warming to this kind of “cheesy” language and start to understand “connecting”, “relating” and “sharing” is actually something wonderful. (No, I haven’t gone crazy, but have come a long way! Previously, words like that would've had me break out in a cold sweat.) I love what you say about art and design being a service too. I do want to serve others, I’ve only never realised there are different ways of doing so. I want to help others with my design.

Looking at my NN in 3rd, and when I’m out and about people often like to talk to me, and I almost always have pleasant experiences with others in the community. And I relate to anyone, it’s not just the folks who are like me…
That sounds very like your north node. You have a good balance going already, respecting your nodes and the growth they indicate. If you're doing well with your personal growth, that's exactly what should be happening by the time you're 40 or thereabouts.

Quote:
What is also interesting is that you say having the children was a manifestation of my SN. Have I understood that correctly?
Yes, and it's also a manifestation of integrating the north node.
Quote:
Wow and wow again! You are absolutely correct and I’ve never even seen it. Having the children wasn’t a conscious decision I took. It was like autopilot, and I only found my husband quite late, else I probably would have had children as soon as I had the right partner. All I wanted from when I was young was have at least 3 children. And yes, you're right about the impulsive romance that led to responsibilities...we got married because I was pregnant and our kids weren't all that planned. (My husband has NN and Uranus in 5th).
Sounds like you and your husband are both very impulsive, at least when it comes to relationships. The way you've described yourself, it sounds like you, at least, are impulsive in general. If that's the case, then an impulsive romance and unplanned (but not unwanted) children would be the only way you would become parents, and it's clear that parenting is good for you. Without it, you would probably be too ungrounded.

Quote:
So the road not travelled, right?... You're right...my family responsibilities are holding me back in my career. This is also reflected in Mars in Cancer in 10th opposite Moon in Capricorn in 4th. And before I had kids I held myself back... So I'm an intensely ambitious person who's always held back one way or the other. I need to deal with this and explore.
Yes... and even if family responsibilities do hold you back in your career, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Your career is not your life's purpose. It may be an important part of your life, and it may be one way you help your life's purpose be fulfilled, but it's not the endpoint of your life. Same with your family responsibilities. They're important, and they may help you grow in certain ways, but at the end of the day, it's about the big picture, not just one detail like your family or your career.

Your Mars/Moon opposition is actually a t-square, with Uranus as the focal planet. Since Uranus is in your first house, it seems to me that you need to meet the world in a Uranian way: outside the box, dancing to your own drum. Probably, you're driven to do both career and parenting differently.

Quote:
Thank you again, it has been a revelation!

Please let me know if I could help you with anything...I see you're extremely knowledgeable, and I'm not, but maybe I could answer a question you may have?
If I start a thread, feel free to post! If you don't end up helping me, you can always pay it forward and help someone else, when you become more knowledgeable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
WannaBeSag (04-15-2021)