Da Vinci Code – Is Any Of It Fact?

Opal

Premium Member
Some of the OT books were indeed written by judges, kings, conquerors and mighty men, others were written by people who ''suffered mocking and flogging, and even chains and imprisonment. They were stoned, they were sawn into two (the prophet Isaiah), they were killed with the sword. They went about in skins of sheep and goats, destitute, afflicted, mistreated of whom the world was not worthy—wandering about in deserts and mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.'' - Hebrews 11.

With regard to the NT, you mean like the fishermen of Galilee and a Pharisee persecuted by his own people who said ''we have become as the scum of the world, the dregs of all things, even until now'' absolutely rejecting the idea that the saints would reign before the world to come? The NT was not written for many decades after the crucifixion, and most of it was written, because its content would be lost or corrupted in an oral transmission. Therefore this is a bad and naive excuse for rejecting the word of God.

Petosiris, you believe the newest myth. Oh well. One day, when this society ends, word of mouth will pass on the knowledge, as myth, till it is Pisces time to reign again.

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Petosiris,
I wonder which church you will join, when you eventually do, maybe a church that advocates Self Flagellation like Opus Dei?
This church started with an alleged vision, but also Sirius was culminating as Sun was rising!

Quote,

"As a spirituality for ordinary people, Opus Dei focuses on performing sacrifices pertaining to normal duties and to its emphasis on charity and cheerfulness. But much public attention has focused on Opus Dei's practice of mortification—the voluntary offering up of discomfort or pain to God; this includes fasting, or for its celibate members, "corporal mortifications" such as self-inflicted pain self-flagellation".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opus_Dei

Opal

Premium Member
Hi Jup,
Sirius is a strange star, hardly effected by procession in the Julian Calendar, as shown below:-
"It has been noticed, and the Sothic cycle confirms, that Sirius does not move retrograde across the sky like other stars, a phenomenon widely known as the precession of the equinox. Professor Jed Buchwald wrote "Sirius remains about the same distance from the equinoxes—and so from the solstices—throughout these many centuries, despite precession." [11] For the same reason, the heliacal rising or zenith of Sirius does not slip through the calendar at the precession rate of about one day per 71.6 years as other stars do but much slower.[12] This remarkable stability within the solar year may be one reason that the Egyptians used it as a basis for their calendar. The coincidence of a heliacal rising of Sirius and the New Year reported by Censorinus occurred about the 20th of July, that is a month later after the summer solstice."

The Julian Calendar was constructed on 1st January 0045 BC, but the Greek Pharaoh Ptolomy III tried to add a leap year to the Egyptian Calendar, but failed because of religious reasons in 0238 BC.

Thanks Jup, David and Monk, for all the great links and interesting thoughts, much appreciated!

Opal

Premium Member
image059.jpg

How does this picture change through the ages? Or does it?

JUPITERASC

Hi Petosiris,
I wonder which church you will join, when you eventually do,

maybe a church that advocates Self Flagellation like Opus Dei?
This church started with an alleged vision, but also

Sirius was culminating as Sun was rising!

Quote,

"As a spirituality for ordinary people, Opus Dei focuses on
performing sacrifices pertaining to normal duties
and to its emphasis on charity and cheerfulness.

But much public attention has focused on Opus Dei's practice
of mortification—the voluntary offering up of discomfort or pain to God;
this includes fasting, or for its celibate members,
"corporal mortifications" such as self-inflicted pain self-flagellation".

top-4-most-radical-secret-societies-of-the-world-watch-22196579.png

JUPITERASC

How does this picture change through the ages? Or does it?

keep in mind the following earlier comment

Hi Jup,
Sirius is a strange star, hardly effected by procession in the Julian Calendar, as shown below:-
"It has been noticed, and the Sothic cycle confirms, that Sirius does not move retrograde across the sky like other stars, a phenomenon widely known as the precession of the equinox. Professor Jed Buchwald wrote "Sirius remains about the same distance from the equinoxes—and so from the solstices—throughout these many centuries, despite precession." [11] For the same reason, the heliacal rising or zenith of Sirius does not slip through the calendar at the precession rate of about one day per 71.6 years as other stars do but much slower.[12] This remarkable stability within the solar year may be one reason that the Egyptians used it as a basis for their calendar. The coincidence of a heliacal rising of Sirius and the New Year reported by Censorinus occurred about the 20th of July, that is a month later after the summer solstice."

The Julian Calendar was constructed on 1st January 0045 BC, but the Greek Pharaoh Ptolomy III tried to add a leap year to the Egyptian Calendar, but failed because of religious reasons in 0238 BC.

petosiris

Banned
You are correct, with all you have read, how did you go so wrong?

I forgot to mention that a person having too little information is not qualified to make a judgement about what is right or wrong. He is like one taken captive as an infant and couldn't possibly know his father's law in a foreign land. May God have mercy upon this stolen child, and show him the way to his father's house and bring him to the truth - our saviour. Amen.

JUPITERASC

Hi Petosiris,
I wonder which church you will join, when you eventually do,
maybe a church that advocates Self Flagellation like Opus Dei?
This church started with an alleged vision,
but also Sirius was culminating as Sun was rising!

Quote,

"As a spirituality for ordinary people,
Opus Dei focuses on performing sacrifices pertaining to normal duties
and to its emphasis on charity and cheerfulness.
But much public attention has focused on Opus Dei's practice of mortification
—the voluntary offering up of discomfort or pain to God;
this includes fasting, or for its celibate members,
"corporal mortifications" such as self-inflicted pain self-flagellation".

the-da-vinci-code-by-dan-brown-29-638.jpg

petosiris

Banned
Hi Petosiris,
I wonder which church you will join, when you eventually do, maybe a church that advocates Self Flagellation like Opus Dei?

That is a very weird question, but my answer is an emphatic no. Not going to join any Catholic organization since that church is a daughter of the whore. Not going to join many Protestant organizations since they too retain some of her teachings.

JUPITERASC

That is a very weird question,

siriusly - you yourself asked - and I quote
:smile:

What kind of demonic power makes one exalt Judas of whom the Saviour

said it would better for him if he had not been born?
however
you yourself also said
I am a person of mediocre memory

and have read and studied more of the occult
and the Scriptures than you.
You probably won't tell me something that I haven't read
or heard before anyway.
Dilberts-joke-about-experts_Q320.jpg

but my answer is an emphatic no.

Not going to join any Catholic organization
since that church is a daughter of the whore.
Not going to join many Protestant organizations
since they too retain some of her teachings.
the-da-vinci-code-by-dan-brown-32-638.jpg

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Jup,
in empathy, phew, i wouldn't like Petosiris whipping himself.
Maybe talking in tongues?

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
"You are not to say, 'It is a conspiracy!' In regard to all that this people call a conspiracy, And you are not to fear what they fear or be in dread of it. - Is. 8:12 NASB