How emotional am I?

StillConfused

In your opinion, based on this natal chart.

Thank you.

I struggle with the concept of emotion in astrology as I feel that everything is emotion. Perhaps we have been so distracted by the potential of astrological charts to "reveal our personalities" that we have forgotten that this is secondary to its potential to predict childhood circumstances and the way that our energy is inclined to be invested, from which I guess our personalities are born.

Attachments

• astro_Natal(1).jpg
    astro_Natal(1).jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Cypocryphy

Thank you.

I struggle with the concept of emotion in astrology as I feel that everything is emotion. Perhaps we have been so distracted by the potential of astrological charts to "reveal our personalities" that we have forgotten that this is secondary to its potential to predict childhood circumstances and the way that our energy is inclined to be invested, from which I guess our personalities are born.

What do you mean? You want to know what happened to you as a child? You want to do if you are emotionally balanced or imbalanced? You want to know what the quality of your emotions are the majority of the time?

Zarathu

Account Closed

Thank you.

Be happy to tell you that. But you will need to PM me your complete birth data, since the pretty picture chart you have presented won't allow me to obtain the necessary information to answer your question.

It depends on a lot of things, but mostly the condition of your limbic system. And, BTW, everyone is emotional in a different way.

Yanel

Be happy to tell you that. But you will need to PM me your complete birth data, since the pretty picture chart you have presented won't allow me to obtain the necessary information to answer your question.

It depends on a lot of things, but mostly the condition of your limbic system. And, BTW, everyone is emotional in a different way.

Yes, but from what I know about astrology if you want to be considered emotional, intense and deep-feeling you have to have a significant amount of water in your chart which I still struggle to belive because I find it ridiculous how a person can be defined by astrology as intellectual, emotional and unemontial etc. When an element is missing from a chart it's called an imbalanced chart but to my opinion this is too broad a concept. In what way imbalanced? A person isn't conscious of something, is completely missing this thing or he/she is looking outward for the qualities that are not his/her to use and feel? I disagree with all of these possibilities(almost all), as a live example of someone with an imbalanced chart.
Maybe this is not the place for writing this but I and StillConfused have already discussed this before and it's a sensitive topic.

Last edited:

StillConfused

I appologize to everyone who answered this post, I did not realize there were replies!

What I meant by the post - a long time ago, mind you - is something I can express with a sense of a little more clarity now. It's that I felt a sharp distinction between personality and experiences, and who we are. I literally have no idea what I think of this in this instance, but that is what I meant.

I didn't know anything about Vedic astrology at the time, but I now have a sense of, if you look at your Vedic Rasi chart, or even just your Western chart using the sidereal zodiac, you will notice the story of your circumstances. Your childhood. Look to the signs on the cardinal houses and keep your interpretations of them as basic and tangible as you can, and you will notice the link to your attitude to life, self-concept (1 and 7) and your relationship to your parents (4 and 10). Western is thought to be a lot more psychological than tangible, which is why I had a hard time relating older views about the axes, the Sun and Moon, to the sign placements they are in in my chart. Even so, just because it is psychological, and therefore more ego-oriented, it that who we are?

I was struggling with the notion that perhaps our charts could only display how we behaved, and not how we felt inside. Because I was lacking the sense at the time that astrology communities acknowledge the fact that everyone has emotions, just that they are processed differently. I am a very emotional person and given that I have a water imbalance, this was a very sensitive issue that was fiercely threatening my self-concept to say the least.

What do you mean? You want to know what happened to you as a child? You want to do if you are emotionally balanced or imbalanced? You want to know what the quality of your emotions are the majority of the time?

I just wanted someone to either say, no no, don't worry child, here is why it is clear that you are in fact a very deep-feeling person. That or, the usual - "you're low on water so not at all." And worst of all.... "And by the way your Pisces rising makes you a fake emotional." Because those were the messages I felt I was receiving at the time, so I thought I'd give that a last shot, since I was in my initial phase of learning astrology and not even convinced it was worth bothering with.

It's all good, Zarathu, thanks :).

Very interesting.

Yanel

I appologize to everyone who answered this post, I did not realize there were replies!

What I meant by the post - a long time ago, mind you - is something I can express with a sense of a little more clarity now. It's that I felt a sharp distinction between personality and experiences, and who we are. I literally have no idea what I think of this in this instance, but that is what I meant.

I didn't know anything about Vedic astrology at the time, but I now have a sense of, if you look at your Vedic Rasi chart, or even just your Western chart using the sidereal zodiac, you will notice the story of your circumstances. Your childhood. Look to the signs on the cardinal houses and keep your interpretations of them as basic and tangible as you can, and you will notice the link to your attitude to life, self-concept (1 and 7) and your relationship to your parents (4 and 10). Western is thought to be a lot more psychological than tangible, which is why I had a hard time relating older views about the axes, the Sun and Moon, to the sign placements they are in in my chart. Even so, just because it is psychological, and therefore more ego-oriented, it that who we are?

I was struggling with the notion that perhaps our charts could only display how we behaved, and not how we felt inside. Because I was lacking the sense at the time that astrology communities acknowledge the fact that everyone has emotions, just that they are processed differently. I am a very emotional person and given that I have a water imbalance, this was a very sensitive issue that was fiercely threatening my self-concept to say the least.

I just wanted someone to either say, no no, don't worry child, here is why it is clear that you are in fact a very deep-feeling person. That or, the usual - "you're low on water so not at all." And worst of all.... "And by the way your Pisces rising makes you a fake emotional." Because those were the messages I felt I was receiving at the time, so I thought I'd give that a last shot, since I was in my initial phase of learning astrology and not even convinced it was worth bothering with.

It's all good, Zarathu, thanks :).

Very interesting.
It's that while some astrologers acknowledge this with maybe a sentence or two, you still will meet the descriptions of the traditional water signs traits as the only ones where it's clearly said - they're very emotional. This word 'emotional' it's not used with the other signs. You say Capricorn is practical, ambitious and blah-blah, you can mention that they feel differently somewhere in a hidden, dark place of a 'suspicious' discussian, but the first trait you come up with is not the explanation of the emotiometer, this you do only with Cancer and Pisces and Scorpio. You say they are emotional, you say they are deep, you say it only for them. I don't know if you understood what I mean but things are what they are. If I say that I have a special interest in the occult, that my emotions are intense, that I am good at psychoanalazing people what would an astrologer search for in my chart? You probably can guess - he/she won't be searching for my Libra Sun in the 6th house of servitude. But this is a very simple example and a proffessional astrologer might not take it seriously but truth is truth.

Last edited: