Signs with best and worse reputations

Yoi

Hi

I was wondering what signs people think have the best and worse reputations. I don't mean what signs are the best and worse as all signs have their good and bad sides, but their reputations amongst the wider community i.e. which ones tend to get the most flak and which ones tend to be looked on most favourably, stereotypically.

Nackie

Hi Yoi,
I think, of course, that scorpios get a bum rap. I don't know who has the best reputation--I guess it would depend on what you (general you) believe to be desirable traits--for people who admire a energetic, assertive people, they will of course say that aries or leos are great, some might say it's admirable to do service work for the needy and they would say a pisces or a virgo are the best.

Me personally, I like leos and saggies because they are so (generally speaking of course) outgoing and optimistic, you can't help but feel good around them (presuming a fairly uncomplicated horoscope!)

Nackie

Arian Maverick

I suppose the answer is also variable upon whether you ask an avid astrology fan or a "layperson."

I think, of course, that scorpios get a bum rap.

I respect your opinion, but I wish to add my two cents. From what I've seen, Scorpios are worshipped within the astrology community but feared by those who do not understand the sign's inner nature.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Nackie

Hi Arian!
Of course, you are right--but the question was so simple sounding (sun signs as the be all and end all of popularity) that I answered on the same level.

If you watch people (a fav pasttime of mine hehe) and someone asks "what's your zodiac sign" and the other guy says "scorpio"--the first reaction is alwasy "oohhhh!" hehe I think it's pretty funny, I don't know how they got that bum rap.

Unless of course the scorpios have made it be so themselves--to uphold the "dangerous and mysterious" myth :eek:

lol
Nackie

Yoi

Nackie said:
Hi Arian!
Of course, you are right--but the question was so simple sounding (sun signs as the be all and end all of popularity) that I answered on the same level.

That's the idea - stereotypes are not meant to be deep and profound :) As I said in my OP, this is not about a meaningful discussion about the signs but rather people's general reaction to them based on stereotypes i.e. reputations. What are the "bad" signs and the "good" signs (stereotypically). And of course I only meant Sun signs. To the average person the Sun sign is the most important thing if not the *only* thing about astrology they know about.

Last edited:

Summery Joy

Yeah, Scoprios have a bad reputation, and so do Capricorns as well. Leos generally have a good reputation except for their (our) ego. I lot of people like Sags and Cancers as well. But that's in general. Each sign has a good reputation and a bad reputation in some specific areas

Aries
Good reputation: energetic, never boring
Bad reputation: leaps without thinking, short fused

Tauarus
Good reputation: dependable, loyal,
Bad reputation: lazy, stubborn.

Gemini
Good reputation: intellectual, good talker,
Bad reputation: impressionable

Cancer
Good reputation: nurturing, funny
Bad reputation: smothering, too emotional

Leo
Good reputation: fun, creative, romantic, good leader, lovable and generally fantastic
Bad reputation: NOTHING AT ALL
(Can you guess my sign :D)
No, seriously, have a bad reputation of being too confident, conceited and thinking that the world revolves around us. (It doesn't???) :D

Virgo
Good reputation: hard worker, helpful
Bad reputation: over analytical, lacks confidence

Libra
Good reputation: charming, talented
Bad reputation: indecisive, dependant

Scoprios
Good reputation: healer and.. well this one is R-rated.. can you guess it?
Bad reputation: dark, revengeful

Sagittarius
Good reputation: philosophical, up for challenges
Bad reputation: exxagerates, promiscuous

Capricorn
Good reputation: well-organized, gets things done
Bad reputation: not in touch with emotions, control-freak

Aquarius
Good reputation: humanitarian, friendly
Bad reputation: shockingly unconventional, insensitive

Pisces:
Good reputation: sensitive, good listener
Bad reputation: gullible, lives on the moon

These were the repuations in brief. Of course they cannot be generalized at all, but they make good material for astrology jokes.

Nackie

sorehearted said:
Leo
Good reputation: fun, creative, romantic, good leader, lovable and generally fantastic
Bad reputation: NOTHING AT ALL
(Can you guess my sign :D)
No, seriously, have a bad reputation of being too confident, conceited and thinking that the world revolves around us. (It doesn't???) :D

How many Leo's does it take to change a lightbulb?

One. He stands on the chair, holds the lightbulb securly and waits for the world to revolve around him.

hehehehehehehe :p :D

Did I mention I lurve lions??

How many pisces does it take to change a lightbulb?
Only one, but the lightbulb has to want to change.

Hey, I made those up hehe

You want jokes, you got jokes:

How many [INSERT SUN SIGN HERE] does it take to change a lightbulb?

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans serif]Aries - Just one. You want to make something of it, buster? [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans serif]Taurus - One, but just try to convince them that the burned out light bulb is useless and needs changing. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans serif]Gemini - Two, but the job never gets done. They just keep endlessly chatting with each other as to who is supposed to do it and how it should be done. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans serif]Cancer - Just one, but it takes a therapist three years to help them through the grieving process involved in actually throwing the light bulb away. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans serif]Leo - Are you crazy? Leo's don't change light bulbs, although sometimes their agent will get a virgo in to do the job for them while they're out. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans serif]Virgo - Approximately 1.000000, with an error of +/ - one millionth. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans serif]Libra - Er, two, or maybe one. No, on second thoughts make that two. Is that ok with you? [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans serif]Scorpio - I'll have you know that information is strictly secret and shared only with the enlightened ones in the star chamber of the ancient hierarchical order. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans serif]Sagittarius - Look! The sun is shining, we're young, and we've got our whole lives ahead of us; and here you are worrying about a stupid burned out light bulb? [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans serif]Capricorn - Frankly, I don't have time to waste on these childish jokes and pranks. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans serif]Aquarius - Well, you have to remember that everything is energy, the universe is constantly expanding, so............ [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans serif]Pisces - Light bulb? What lightbulb? [/FONT]

Good niiiiiiiiight! :D
Nackie

Nackie

Ok, so I'm a gemini with a tickled funny bone, just can't resist:

How many Arians does it take to change a light bulb?
1. Only one, but it takes a lot of light bulbs (SMASH).
2. None - Arians aren't afraid of the dark.

How many Geminians does it take to change a light bulb?
1. II
2. Two, plus a portable phone, an internet link and a copy of the "Bluffer's Guide to Changing Light bulbs".
3. Two, but it will take all week and when they're done the light bulb will do your homework, speak French and shine any color you want from it.

How many Leos does it take to change a light bulb?
1. A dozen. One to change the bulb, and eleven to applaud.

How many Virgoans does it take to change a light bulb?
1. One to clean out the socket, one to dust the bulb, one to install, and two engineers to check the work.
2. Virgos don't have time to change their own light bulbs, they're too busy changing them for everyone else.
3. Let's see - one to spot the bulb, one to record the time the bulb burned out and the date it was bought, one to decide who's fault it is the bulb burned out and ask why that brand was chosen in the first place, ten to decide to remodel the house as long as they're changing the bulb....

How many Scorpios does it take to change a light bulb?
1. None. They LIKE the dark.
2. So who wants to know? Why do YOU want to know? What are you, a cop?

How many Sagittarians does it take to change a light bulb?
1. One to install the bulb, and a Virgo to pick up the pieces.
2. Look, ask me when I get back from India, okay?

How many Capricorns does it take to change a light bulb?
1. The light's fine as it is.
2. None - Capricorns can't afford new light bulbs, unless they're a legitimate business expense.
3. I don't waste my time with the childish jokes.
4. None: Why should I bother? It's probably just going to burn out again tomorrow anyway.

How many astrologers does it take to change a light bulb?
"Don't ask me now, Mercury's retrograde!"

Sorry to intrude...please proceed with the topic at hand... ;)

Nackie

EvilPixyScorp

I think it depends on your culture, ya know?
Also what role the sexes have in it.
Like Eastern astrology frowns on females being born years of the tiger,
because they were believed to be too strong willed and not docile.

Scorpio's no doubt get the worst rap!
In horary, a Scorp ASC always raises red flags...Not so much now though.
Even people I meet who don't follow astrology go, "Whooooa you're a Scorpio?!, I heard things about *that* sign..."

Libras always get a nice reaction as fair & balanced...Nuts to that! lol ;)

lilllybelle

HeHeHe, As a gemini I thought the joke about it taking two gemini's to discuss it but never get it done was funny.
Hmm, I got into a discussion about astrology today with a lay person. I was kind of thinking about some of the comments that AM has made lately about scorpios being semi worshiped in the astrology community. So I asked the girl what signs she really liked a lot. I knew she was going to say scorpio before she said it. I then asked her if it was possible for her to think about the things she had read about the different signs and say what discription she liked the most without actually making it about the people in her life she liked. She then replied that she liked the descriptions of pisces and cancer. I think she described cancers as being fun. Cancer; fun? Cancers can be fun, but that would not be the main adjective I would use to describe them. I love cancers though, so I hope no one thinks I'm picking on them. Hmm, I'm not sure what my conversation with the girl says or if it even says anything. I think scorpios qualities are really admired in American society. I remember when I was about 16 years old and reading about scorpios and thinking, I wish I was a scorpio, they are cool and sexy. Of course these days I think being a gemini is pretty cool and sexy. Anyway it seems that the sign scorpio stands out the most in the minds of non astrology people. L.

Arian Maverick

This reminds me of a game I played with the new assistant band director while he was helping me with the copy machine this past summer: Guess My Sign!

Strangely enough, he thought me to be either a Pisces or a Scorpio, and I belated realized that I may very well have a Pisces Ascendant in the decante of Scorpio. Indeed, the description of physical characteristics of this decanate most closely matches my actual appearance--"dark eyes, often wavy or curly hair, soft features, petiteness, grace, charm"--so I believe this was the Universe's way of confirming my suspicions...

When I revealed to him that I was an Aries, he expressed some suprise: "Isn't Aries warlike?" I think he was almost expecting a spear to suddenly materialize in my hand! :D

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Manic_Monday

I asked my sister: 'What Sun sign would you've guessed me to be?'
'Well, definetly not a Virgo. They're hypochondriacs and obsessed with cleaning and they're perfectionists. And you're absolutely not.'
Why did she name Virgo's bad qualities? I'm helpfull and analytical and I like to read.
I think Scorpios have a bad reputation. If you tell an astrologer you're a Scorpio, he'll understand you. But non-astrologers just won't. They have no idea you're hiding your feelings etc.
Libras have the best reputation, I guess. And Leos.

Missa

Arian Maverick said:
This is interesting, because I believe it was an off-topic discussion about the reputation of the sign Libra in another thread that inspired Astrological Prejudice and Stereotypes...

Arian Maverick

Yeah, I disagree with that. Libras are underastimated and overlooked among many astrologers, some of them don't even seem to care to try to understand Libra as a sign, and I find that very sad. There are some exceptions of course.

While some signs like Scorpio and Aquarius are almost worshipped by many astrologers. You could also add fire signs and Pisces to the trendy ones. ;) I don't really mind it that much, things go in cycles and there are certain trends in certain eras. I just wish more people would realize this. Virgo used to be quite respected sign, but nowadays it seems it is considered be just blah... boring, which only shows that people don't understand the sign. Scorpio on the other hand has been quite disliked, and nowadays it's the opposite. Libra was considered to be a sign of the leaders, and nowadays even most astrologers seem to have forgotten that it is a cardinal sign, etc.

Summery Joy

Libra may be overlooked by astrologers, but still, a lot of people think that Libras are "so nice". Well,.. ehem.. they are actually :D

Arian Maverick

Libra was considered to be a sign of the leaders, and nowadays even most astrologers seem to have forgotten that it is a cardinal sign, etc.

I suppose Arians can be blamed for this, but keep in mind that many people resent leaders. Indeed, the word was used as an insult to me in another thread; the user implied that to consider oneself as a leader is to be an incurable egotist incapable of considering others' needs.

Also, in our present society, the social graces and manners of Libra are much more acceptable than Arian agressiveness in women, although I agree that the sign is often underestimated because the feminine is often underestimated... :(

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Amit89

No doubt Scorpios, the French soccer manager Raymond Domenech personally dont like scoripios, and he did'nt have any in his team for the 2006 world cup, he left a vital expierenced player Robert Pires out of the team who was a scorpio.

It was unfair by raymond, I dont think it matters what month you are born in, he is forgetting that Maradona and Pele, the 2 best soccer players ever on the planet are scorpios.

Its just like racial predjudice what raymond did.