I'm lost. Please help! (career)

Izzy542

I never said that you will not be happy, I said you do not feel comfortable feeling happy and many people also prefer being not happy for many different reasons. You can be whatever you want because natal chart shows your starting point and how should be your road but free will is yours to deside where you want to go.Dont look for excuses in astrology to feel miserable.you have some mild dipression and you need to treat it, thats the reason behind your feeling that you can not feel or do things.
About the thyroid glad now,cancer in the 3gusp normally that could mean hormonal but you complain about your throat and the hormonal indicator in the throat is thyroid glad.

R4VEN

brilo, you have received quite a lot of help with your chart on this thread, and I am going to address 2 or 3 more things.

Firstly with Neptune so closely conjunct your Capricorn MC, finding a clear career pathway may be very difficult. Neptune clouds, confuses and hides any clear pathway for you, and you may end up feeling quite confused and even bored by the need to be `going somewhere' with your life. Career-wise you may tend to stumble a bit blindly from one thing to another, where if you just begin somewhere - anywhere - eventually you will be led to somewhere else, even though you cannot see this `somewhere else' until you get there. Just as a quick assessment of possibilities, you would be suited to something which helps others in some way (since your MC ruler is in Pisces in the 12th conjunct your Pisces Moon.)

To be introspective and quite serious about things is in your nature. You may tend to use escapist tendencies in order to `get out' of your life, while the Moon-Saturn conjunction in Pisces will have you longing for your life to be different, and for you to be free to express yourself creatively. The depression you experience is bound up in that Moon-Saturn conjunct, as well as the Sun's opposition to Saturn. I have experienced depression for most of my life (over 60 years) and it can be very unpleasant, but I also know that I have had a lifelong tendency to push into my body that which I don't want to think about, and over time this can lead to a level of depression ...... which can then be a way into what it is you have suppressed. Moon in Pisces people are massive escapists, and reality itself can be very difficult for you.

The real reason I have decided to reply to this post is because of your Chiron placement - in Libra in the 6th house. Chiron in the 6th house almost always describes someone with a level of unexplained health issues. Often these health issues will be low level - that is, not at the level of complete disability - and will frequently be difficult to explain, identify and/or diagnose. Your experience of tinnitus sounds to me like Chiron in the 6th house. This is probably something which your soul requires you to deal with in this lifetime. With your Moon's south node in Aries, you may have been quite a high achiever, or someone of note in your immediate past life. This time there are other things which require your attention.

Osamenor

Staff member
Great post, R4VEN! You hit the points I don't know enough astrology to get... I'd hoped someone could fill in those gaps for our friend here.

Firstly with Neptune so closely conjunct your Capricorn MC, finding a clear career pathway may be very difficult. Neptune clouds, confuses and hides any clear pathway for you, and you may end up feeling quite confused and even bored by the need to be `going somewhere' with your life. Career-wise you may tend to stumble a bit blindly from one thing to another, where if you just begin somewhere - anywhere - eventually you will be led to somewhere else, even though you cannot see this `somewhere else' until you get there. Just as a quick assessment of possibilities, you would be suited to something which helps others in some way (since your MC ruler is in Pisces in the 12th conjunct your Pisces Moon.) ....

With your Moon's south node in Aries, you may have been quite a high achiever, or someone of note in your immediate past life. This time there are other things which require your attention.

This makes me see something I missed in my south/north node analysis. When I got to the part about interpreting the Neptune/Uranus/midheaven square in the past life context, I was fumbling there. The ideas I came up with didn't seem to be quite right (although if they do to you, brilo, then maybe they are!).

But today, before I saw this post, I'd gone back and reread the book I have about karmic astrology, and one interpretation it gave for a square from Neptune to the south node is a situation in which the person's life was slowly leached away. Maybe by demanding responsibilities, maybe by addiction or illness, maybe by grinding drudgery... lots of things could do it. Capricorn in the south node context usually indicates heavy responsibilities, drudgery, or poverty. At the midheaven, we're not talking about obscure poverty or slave labor, but a kind of drudgery and responsibility that would bring power and visibility. In other words, a career.

So perhaps the difficult circumstance that "squared" you was being stuck in a soul killing career. Uranus squaring the south node (I got that, too from my reread) suggests a bolt from the blue, sudden loss, or a situation of extreme and unpredictable highs and lows. Maybe this soul killing career was something involving lots of rapid changes in fortune--stockbroker, for instance. Or maybe you suddenly lost your job, and felt that your world was falling apart even if you hadn't really liked it.

If that is your past life story, there seems to be some echo of it in this life. You ran for the hills from your first school because you had an intuitive sense that what they were teaching (or how they were teaching it) wasn't for you... that could be a soul level memory of getting stuck in the wrong career, which you're deeply afraid of repeating. And now you're experiencing a lot of difficulty figuring out what career would work for you, and judging yourself for being "lazy."

That could, of course, be just societal expectations working on you... we all have to deal with that, and it's especially hard if you don't fit the mold (nobody with Uranus at the midheaven does! Self included.)... but it could also be a legacy of past lives in which you followed the career path that was laid out for you, even though it was completely at odds with what who you were and what you needed. You would have gotten plenty of recognition and reward from others for doing that, but felt like a fraud, or worse, inside. At the same time, you never learned how to find your own way and create a career right for you. So now you have to learn that from scratch.

One way to integrate the skipped step... and I may have briefly touched on this in the north node post... is to make sure you have a career that fits with what's deep in your soul. If you're tempted to go into a nice, "safe" career that doesn't fit with your creative impulses and your need to express yourself... don't. Your chart shows the need for a career that brings out all those creative energies, and that makes use of your personal experiences, and shows that several times over.

R4VEN

Osamenor, the bit I had overlooked in my post has been mentioned by you in the above post, and that is the Uranus/Neptune/MC conjunction squaring the Aries/Libra Moon's node axis. I am assuming that the text you are referring to (on Karmic Astrology) is the one written by Martin Schulmann.

As one who has my Sun-Pluto conjunct squaring my nodal axis, I am familiar with the karmic nature of planets which square the nodes, and how in a way they demand that a person deals with them in order to move to the north node - at around the age of 40-42, although later is fine, so long as the `work' is done.

Thus, brilo has a need to feel, experience, wash, bathe and dive into the MC/Uranus/Neptune conjunct, and he is already doing that by recognising that the formal education he has experienced does not `speak' to him. He may have to try lots of different things before something actually `fits' him. I also have Neptune conj MC, and it gives a very foggy idea of where one is going. It can also lead to idealising a particular career idea, and then being shattered when you realise that it is not what you believed it would be. One of my astrology texts suggests that the generation with Uranus/Neptune conjunct have brought in with them a powerful spiritual mysticism and intuitive powers (from Atlantis and Mu) and will perhaps have a hard time in grounding this ability into the current earth circumstance. For brilo, this difficulty is centred around career/work and life direction. That may be a major stumbling block for him until he eventually finds a path - an expression -which fits him.

kshantaram

Premium Member
asc lord venus debilated over virgo 6th impacting health, intestinal issues, kidneys, etc.

debilated venus self-centred in inter-personal relations. sun-venus aptitude for arts and beauty, venus debilated virgo, lord mer over libra, debilation cancelled, gradual growth in arts and health matters. venus 6th coping with the opponents through personal charm of personality.

but sun-venus and moon-sat opp great stress in matters of health, calling for zinc supplements venus combust with sun, relationship with father, arts, etc. sat lord 9th for luck-higher education-father-distant travels under stress. cap 9th inimical for the taurus asc, luck etc under stress-delay. life settling late at 36+ thumb rule. sat over 12th pisces for foreign lands.

sat retro towards acq 11th gains through public-admin, reform, innovation, old friends, etc, delayed results.

mars own scorpio 6th aptitude for investigative-secretive work, aggressive with opponents, accident prone.

mars lord 7th negating to the 6th negating relationship. currently sat retro towards mars-scorpio 6th, sat lord 9th-10th for luck calling for greater efforts, prone to urological health issues, intestinal, etc. sat scorpio transit 9th from moon slow-down in luck.

jup own sag 7th growth-riches through knowledge-management, advisory-consultancy roles, delayed relationship. jup sag love of law-justice, philosophy, optimistic.

come Aug sat direct sag over natal jup could be good for employment-career prospects, transit 10th from moon, jup leo trine natal jup sag 7th promoting relationship-marriage probably by mid-Aug to watch-hope for.

jup-rahu the node heading towards sun-venus virgo 5th late 015 clouding romance, prone to tb-cancer of stomach-heart-intestine to care, while jup and rahu the giver over sun-venus could promote artistic aptitudes, relationship, advisory-managerial-admin role etc, while rahu could tend to rise and fall in these matters to care, coming 1.5yr.

ketu separative node heading towards moon-sat pisces 12th prone to pain-injury-surgery heart-lungs-feet etc impacting luck, foreign lands, career, etc to care. ketu next transit pisces 11th tending to detachment from income-friendships to care coming 1.5yr. natal ketu impulsive aries 12th

hope generic observations-inputs enable take stock, reflect further, pick as relevant.

asc taurus creative. moon-sat pisces spiritual-sensitive but prone to melancholy, aptitude for economics, jurisprudence, etc. sun-venus virgo love of beauty and splendor. mars own scorpio research aptitude.

jup own sag 7th growth-riches through advisory-consultancy knowledge based roles, and aptitude for law-justice/philosophy,

mer-rahu libra 6th scholarly, argumentative alike a lawyer while could be prone to be quarrelsome same time. mer lord 2nd for finances over 6th calling for extra efforts again. rahu 6th overcoming challenges tactically, venus 6th charm of personality, while mars scorpio tends to be aggressive again with opponents. ketu aries impulsive again in action, accident prone, tending to foreign countries-distant lands.

may be trainer/advisor/director-researcher, university roles all in one, in the area of arts sun-venus conjunct, venus 2nd highest deg factor for vocation, virgo intellectual-critical-perfectionist, moon highest deg the personality, moon-sat pisces spiritual-sensitive-emotional-just; or in the area of law-justice - gradual pace of growth venus debilated virgo-debilation cancelled. cap-sat 9th settling late at 36+.

may wear 0.25 carat diamond over a platinum pendant touching the heart, to strengthen combust-debilated venus impacting health, relationship. mars-venus 6th negating relationship. venus elevated aspect over pisces 12th promoting foreign lands.

currently jup leo trine natal jup sag 7th promoting career-relationship hopefully and aptitude for law-justice-philosophy, while come Aug sat too transits sag-jup promoting aptitude for law-justice etc. coming 2yrs, while jup-rahu transit virgo over sun-venus promote romance-relationship, advisory roles, artistic aptitudes, but prone to rise-fall to care.

wishing well, take care,

kshantaram

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Osamenor, the bit I had overlooked in my post has been mentioned by you in the above post, and that is the Uranus/Neptune/MC conjunction squaring the Aries/Libra Moon's node axis. I am assuming that the text you are referring to (on Karmic Astrology) is the one written by Martin Schulmann.
I hadn't even encountered that book before. Sounds like another one for my slowly growing astrology library! What I have is "Yesterday's Sky" by Steven Forrest.

As one who has my Sun-Pluto conjunct squaring my nodal axis, I am familiar with the karmic nature of planets which square the nodes, and how in a way they demand that a person deals with them in order to move to the north node - at around the age of 40-42, although later is fine, so long as the `work' is done.
Interesting. I'm just a couple months short of 40, and my big interest in karmic astrology started this last year. This is triggering a memory of an online discussion I had elsewhere the first time I dipped a toe into astrology. Someone told me things about my life and career that sounded utterly foreign to me, and I told him that, and he backtracked, checked my birth date, and said the indicators he'd been looking at typically didn't manifest until around the age of 40 (I was 32 at the time). The way I remember it, it was either the eleventh house or the north node, and I can't for the life of me remember which. My NN is in the eleventh house, so for me, they're one and the same. My understanding is that the main eleventh house indicators usually start fully manifesting around the beginning of middle age, too... is that correct?

I also have sun square nodes, and I'm having a terrible time interpreting that for myself. I can usually get a good sense of what karmic indicators mean in someone else's chart, but looking at my own, I get hopelessly lost. I'd greatly appreciate help with that, but so as not to hijack this thread, I've got another one going here, and would be happy to have it revived: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79976

And the way I see it, the nodal journey is a life long process. I've seen a few posts on this board by very young people--one only 16--who were struggling with issues that could be thoroughly explained by south node patterns and north node challenges. It looks to me like brilo is one of them.

Thus, brilo has a need to feel, experience, wash, bathe and dive into the MC/Uranus/Neptune conjunct, and he is already doing that by recognising that the formal education he has experienced does not `speak' to him. He may have to try lots of different things before something actually `fits' him. I also have Neptune conj MC, and it gives a very foggy idea of where one is going. It can also lead to idealising a particular career idea, and then being shattered when you realise that it is not what you believed it would be.
I have pretty much the same experience, and I have Uranus conjunct MC but not Neptune. However, my Neptune is in Sagittarius, conjunct my moon. I've had lots of difficulty with formal education not speaking to me--the only way I could get a degree was to do it in a thoroughly alternative program--but I also deeply love learning. That advice I gave him about education was entirely rooted in my own experience.

One of my astrology texts suggests that the generation with Uranus/Neptune conjunct have brought in with them a powerful spiritual mysticism and intuitive powers (from Atlantis and Mu) and will perhaps have a hard time in grounding this ability into the current earth circumstance.
Does that have anything to do with the conjunction having taken place in Capricorn? An upset of traditional structures, difficulty fitting them... sounds like disruptive transits/placements in Capricorn to me. I wonder what that will do to the Pluto in Capricorn generation that's being born now!

For brilo, this difficulty is centred around career/work and life direction. That may be a major stumbling block for him until he eventually finds a path - an expression -which fits him.
That also creates a task: he'll have to engage deeply in the process of finding his path. That, too, is a creative process, and for people oriented to creativity, the process is of equal or greater importance than the end result.