Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Bunraku

Ah okay
Maybe if you know him for a few months longer, you can say you'd like to tell him that he's cool and if he's open to something more serious :joyful:

AppLeo

Ah okay
Maybe if you know him for a few months longer, you can say you'd like to tell him that he's cool and if he's open to something more serious :joyful:

Yeah it's gonna need more time for things to blossom

Or he might think you're only interested in hookups since you only spend the nights. :eek:

Well, we have busy schedules and friday nights are the only times that we can actually do stuff

Opal

Premium Member
I'll see if I can find out. Its been too many years since I was a child sitting in the pews as the pungency of the incense burned but it did smell good. Such exoticness as I recall. Our masses were all in Latin back then.

(tongue in cheek? a "holy recipe": And the Lord said to Moses, “Take sweet spices, stacte, and onycha, and galbanum, sweet spices with pure frankincense (of each shall there be an equal part), and make an incense blended as by the perfumer, seasoned with salt, pure and holy; and you shall beat some of it very small, and put part of it before the testimony in the tent of meeting where I shall meet with you; it shall be for you most holy. And the incense which you shall make according to its composition, you shall not make for yourselves; it shall be for you holy to the Lord. Whoever makes any like it to use as perfume shall be cut off from his people.” (Exodus 30:34-38)

Hi Leomoon, The smell was not nice. I would describe it actually as putrid. My neighbour used to burn frankincense and myrrh, I know it was neither of them. He used to infuse his laundry with it. I used to think I would like to go to the holy land. I am allergic to most scents, I don't think it would be that great of an idea now. :pinched:

When we were in Jordan once, to see Petra (the town of Petra, has an incense shop right on the corner where you walk in nearby...He gave me some sample of real Frankincense and myrrh in a baggie. Took it home, and burned it eventually. My husband loves the stuff, always buys it from Indian stores on Amazon since.

Does he infuse his laundry? or burn it as incense?

Last trip to Egypt, this little boy always walked down the alley street each day burning incense and I guess he made money that way, (tips):

I called him the little incense burner kid: A girlfriend of mine whose father and she own a small restaurant across the street from the Medinet Habu Temple called "the Maratonga Cafe" started seeing him and she too posted a photo not long ago because now he stops there where she is each day. She said his mother died, and his father and he are alone, so the boy helps his dad this way. She (the friend who owns the cafe and her dad) well, thats the way I met her once years ago. Her mom had just died (a German woman), married to an Egyptian man. So she (the young girl) went to Germany for her schooling to finish up, now she's back in Egypt running the cafe for her dad. You meet so many people, and so many stories in Luxor Egypt. To get to her cafe, however, is a long trip for this little boy, not sure if he hitched a ride with a taxi driver, but probably.

Her place: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...nga_Medinet_Habu-Luxor_Nile_River_Valley.html

Their clothing is very suitable for comfort, and the hot days. The dress, has really not change much, I guess if it works, it works.

Opal

Premium Member
''And beware lest you raise your eyes to heaven, and when you see the sun and the moon and the stars, all the host of heaven, you be drawn away and bow down to them and serve them, things that the LORD your God has allotted to all the peoples under the whole heaven.'' - Deut. 4

If there is found among you, within any of your towns that the Lord your God is giving you, a man or woman who does what is evil in the sight of the Lord your God, in transgressing his covenant, and has gone and served other gods and worshiped them, or the sun or the moon or any of the host of heaven, which I have forbidden, and it is told you and you hear of it, then you shall inquire diligently, and if it is true and certain that such an abomination has been done in Israel, then you shall bring out to your gates that man or woman who has done this evil thing, and you shall stone that man or woman to death with stones. On the evidence of two witnesses or of three witnesses the one who is to die shall be put to death; a person shall not be put to death on the evidence of one witness. The hand of the witnesses shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. So you shall purge the evil from your midst. - Deut. 17

If you worship any astral entity and you do not repent, I guarantee you that you will be stoned to death. But if you turn to the immortal and invisible king of the universe and confess that Jesus of Nazareth is his son and your lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved, for you will no longer live for yourself, but for who died for your sake, who taught us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age.

Stand up and bless the Lord your God from everlasting to everlasting. Blessed be his glorious name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise. He is the Lord, he alone. He has made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them, and he preserves all of them, and the host of heaven worships him. - Neh. 9

These are so different than The Nag Hamadi's. Very Mono God, compared to them. In the Nag's(The Secret Book of John), they say that Adam was created by all of the entities, each giving a part of themselves so that no one of them could claim humankind for themselves. Now in your quotes it is a stoning offence. Yes, I definitely prefer the Older scrolls. They are just more believable to me.

I always like Bob Dylan's style.

petosiris

Banned
The 49 sacred scriptures of God are the 22 books of the Jews in Hebrew (with small parts in Aramaic) and the 27 books of the Church in Greek. The 22 books of the Jews are divided into three parts - the Torah, the Prophets and the Writings. The 27 books of the Church are divided into four parts - the Gospels, the Acts, the Epistles and the Revelation. The order of the sacred scriptures of God is the following by their names of custom:

Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy
Joshua-Judges, Samuel-Kings, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, the Twelve
Psalms, Proverbs, Job, the Song, Ruth, Lamentations, Kohelet, Esther, Daniel, Ezra-Nehemia, Chronicles
Matthew, Mark, Luke, John
Acts
Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude
Revelation

This is the word of God, it is accepted universally.

Sirach is the word of man, though useful and it was copied through the centuries in Greek (it was originally written in Hebrew).

The Secret Book of John is the word of the adversary, hidden away while its sect was utterly destroyed, so it only serves as a monument that the name of the people who forged texts with words that God did not say will eventually be blot out.

Now everyone should agree that seven is the perfect number, that the seven parts can't exceed seven multiplied by seven books, and that therefore there shouldn't be additions or subtractions from the canon.

Last edited: