Yo-yo.

Rawiri

Hey,

Figured I should introduce myself and not just start barging around like I own the place. I've been studying astrology more seriously for hm ~1 year or so, but I'm a mystic/occultist through and through so have dabbled in it for perhaps a decade. I am young though - about a quarter of a century.

My focus has been on traditional astrology. Specifically medieval and Persian astrology. But as of the last few months I have begun exploring Jyotish. I imagine I will cycle back to medieval astrology later and combine what I know from both.

I'm still at a point where I'm honestly deciding how much truth I grant astrology as having. I've seen enough to leave me interested, but not enough that I'm fully convinced of its usefulness yet. But it is a vast subject and I blame myself for my limited knowledge more than anything else. Because of that, I have less interest in "personal astrology" and a far greater interest in mundane astrology (wars, natural disasters, epidemics and the markets) where things are very concrete and yes or no (price of a stock either went up or down). So far I've seen some interesting things in those areas, but not enough to the point I could reliably place and predict things...thus not enough I'm fully convinced of the absolute validity or at least usefulness of it.

i.e. recent eclipse of the moon occurred in a lunar mansion which concerns rain. From that I would predict floods in various areas and as it so happened there were floods about the same time and a few days afterwards in the news around the world. But, I had no way that I knew to pinpoint the areas of the floods so even were that possible, it is completely useless to people.

(Despite how I sound above, I am actually very open minded and believe in many "woo-woo" things but I have to gather my own evidence first and I am rather strict on myself and what I consider personal evidence)

conspiracy theorist

Hey.

If you stay long enough you'll find that the people here are far from "woo-woo" despite what the general public may believe. Hope you enjoy your time here brah/brahette.

JUPITERASC

Hey,

Figured I should introduce myself and not just start barging around like I own the place.
I've been studying astrology more seriously for hm ~1 year or so,
but I'm a mystic/occultist through and through so have dabbled in it for perhaps a decade.
I am young though - about a quarter of a century.

My focus has been on traditional astrology.
Specifically medieval and Persian astrology.
But as of the last few months I have begun exploring Jyotish.
I imagine I will cycle back to medieval astrology later and combine what I know from both.

I'm still at a point where I'm honestly deciding how much truth I grant astrology as having.
I've seen enough to leave me interested, but not enough that I'm fully convinced of its usefulness yet.
But it is a vast subject and I blame myself for my limited knowledge more than anything else.
Because of that, I have less interest in "personal astrology"
and a far greater interest in mundane astrology (wars, natural disasters, epidemics and the markets)
where things are very concrete and yes or no (price of a stock either went up or down).
So far I've seen some interesting things in those areas,
but not enough to the point I could reliably place and predict things...
thus not enough I'm fully convinced of the absolute validity or at least usefulness of it.

i.e. recent eclipse of the moon occurred in a lunar mansion which concerns rain.
From that I would predict floods in various areas and as it so happened
there were floods about the same time and a few days afterwards in the news around the world.
But, I had no way that I knew to pinpoint the areas of the floods so even were that possible, it is completely useless to people.

(Despite how I sound above, I am actually very open minded and believe in many "woo-woo" things
but I have to gather my own evidence first and I am rather strict on myself and what I consider personal evidence)
Hey welcome Rawiri :smile:

MUNDANE ASTROLOGY AND INGRESSES
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/ingresses.html

MUNDANE ASTROLOGY AND WORLD EVENTS http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=b3d7d8cfc43e444a1db55d85d9771901

JUPITERASC

WORKS OF SAHL AND MASHA'ALLAH
translated by Benjamin Dykes
http://www.bendykes.com/sahl.php

Masha'allah:
Chapter on the Rains in the Year

Masha'allah:
On Rains

Masha'allah:
On the Revolution of the Years of the World

Preview
of a lengthy work on interpreting ingress charts and eclipses,
both for political events and weather :smile:

Rawiri

Thank you for those links, JUPITERASC (and thanks for the welcome :) )

I had never noticed that particular translation by Ben Dykes before, looks interesting. For a while I've wanted to buy his volumes on "Astrology of the World." So now I will have to add this to my "wishlist" too!