The desperation to weaken Leo in modern astrology.

brainpuddle

I definitely agree that people over-hype Scorpio, but I think perhaps you're taking criticisms of Leo too personally. I for one, have seen the harshest criticisms tend to fall on earth signs and Geminis. Most of what I've read about Leo in pop astrology is all glowingly positive. They may make a nod to their ego and sensitivity, but for the most part, it's all "you're so fun, you're so creative, you have such a big heart, you're the life of the party, everybody loves you".

Also, I don't think I've ever seen anyone call Leo a "forgive and forget" sign. lol None of the fixed signs let things go, and that seems like pretty common knowledge.

brainpuddle

In regards to the question, I believe there are many elements that one has to factor in.

As I'm not necessarily equipped to delve into the specifics, I do happen to have strong Leo influence within my alignments and can offer that particular insight.

As for myself, power & strength are intrinsic elements of our nature. As we may know this & embody it, we do not have the need/desire to act upon it. To prove it. We know it. We are the embodiment of it. We also live on principle. First & foremost, we have heart. The heart of the lion. This, I believe to be the major differentiating factor.

A "Powerful" Scorpio may be cruel, callous, and calculating. May hide, weaken their opponents- physically/emotionally/mentally - even have others do their bidding, then strike at the lowest possible state a being can be at. Claim "strength" & "power".

While a Leo probably doesn't even acknowledge such an "opponent". It doesn't exist. They are not dependent on external sources: people, weaponry, etc. They do not need "validation" of any kind. A Leo could have just about every odd stacked against them & still annihilate & dominate. They know it. They do not have to prove it. Nor do most have the desire to. Again, the heart of the lion. Principles. Morals. Ethics.

A "Strong" Scorpion may shatter at a displeasing word / harsh criticism spoken
/ uttered to them. May break under the slightest "hardship" or "pressure" bestowed upon them.

The strength of a Leo can & will withstand the stuggles, obstacles, and challenges of 100 lifetimes. They know the majority would break under the pressure of one hardship they may have encountered in their lifetime. Let alone 100 lifetimes.

There seems to be a difference between one who actually has it & one who desires it.

Also, our society seems to have an extremely perverse understanding of what power & strength really are. Like everything else.

Again, this a very base application.
I would actually argue Leo might be the weakest sign in the zodiac. Just because they know they can handle anything, doesn't mean they actually can. There's evidence enough for that in the fact that their go-to method of coping is denial and willful ignorance. Ignoring the problem or person. Like you said, that person doesn't exist to them. But the fact is, a person with a healthy strength of character doesn't need anyone who insults or challenges them to disappear. The fact that they don't exist to them is proof just how badly Leo does need validation. Without the right mix of supporting features, Leo on its own lacks the fortitude to face harsh realities, especially about themselves. This method of coping speaks volumes.
They also wouldn't need to be so self-aggrandizing if their abilities could speak for themselves. This is in itself is a form of coping.
It's easy for people to get wrapped up in Leo's vivacious self promotion, but ask enough questions, ask them to show you what makes them so great, and the circus they put on starts unravelling fast. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's witnessed their share of Leos tantruming over a minor or even imagined slight to their ego.

In relation to Scorpio, while I would call Scorpio stronger, more powerful, it's not a healthy power. Not for them or those subjected to it. But ultimately, however toxic their coping, Scorpio can take a hit.
Because of the life I've led, I've known many, many people who come from abusive homes. The Leos, basically without exception, broke. They turned inward, they became too afraid of people to put themselves out there in any way. The abused Scorpios may have done some questionable things along the way (and still now), but they held it together. The are intractably themselves, and all the weathering the world could throw at them can't stop that force.

brainpuddle

I almost see Scorpio as that jealous kid who is desperate for attention but then acts edgy to get it. Envy has had to have been associated with this sign for good. The desperation to spam the internet claiming to be powerful and vengeful, it is almost like someone is desperate to be seen as strong as a result of lacking power in themselves.
They feel vulnerable. This is part of how they try to protect themselves.

I have to see, not just against Leos but especially against Air signs, Scorpios get outwitted and out-strategized hard.
I think Scorpio is one of the signs that really lends to intelligence, actually.

sentR89day

It goes in cycles. In the 1980's and 1990's, most people only looked at the shadow side of Scorpio. Then after 2000, people started looking at the bright side of Scorpios, more.

I do see that there's an agenda to soften Leo's light a bit for the past 21 years too, though.

The19thLaw

I disagree with puddle's post about Scorpios thriving in adversity and overcoming it. If anything, I notice that most Scorpios I have seen and met have been chronic underachievers who had everything handed to them yet rarely amounted to much in life unless there was some serious fraud or help.

Yet when I think of Leos, I think of Arnold or of Bill Clinton. I think of Tom Brady, a 6th round draft pick. I think of Woody Harrelson. I think of Barack Obama.

All men who had a very tough go early on in life and were not even supposed to have a chance for success. Men who were never given a chance at greatness because they grew up in single parent homes, had a father in jail, grew up dirt poor, or were always overlooked compared to others in their younger years.

Yet these very men who came through and delivered like none other.

I see Scorpios are more of the spoiled brat that has to be spoon fed answers on a test.

Whenever I have seen Scorpio men accomplish anything in life, it seems to always come with some special aid or some sort of an asterisk. Like you know they never really deserved it and it took a freak accident for them to get there. Perhaps that is why so many are bitter people deep down, it is for that very realization.

Bunraku

Any conversation about abuse, scorpio signs always monopolize it and claim they suffer the most and everyone else is weak and can't compare blah blah blah.

Other signs/people dont get a chance to talk about their own because of this.

The19thLaw

Any conversation about abuse, scorpio signs always monopolize it and claim they suffer the most and everyone else is weak and can't compare blah blah blah.

Other signs/people dont get a chance to talk about their own because of this.

Hayyy dude, we're like pluto Okaaayyyy, GAW! - rolls eyes -

And ugh, I like haet dat bietch for having it so gewd, lemme cast muh pluto spell and muh mars in Scorpio on her cuz.

sentR89day

As a Sun in Sagittarius, I love me some Leos, in friendship and relationships!

I believe Scorpios aren't as good-looking as Leos. Personality-wise, I find that Scorpios are sexy, but lack a lightness and fun-ness that Leos have!

I think that I'm saying this because Sagittarius is more compatible with Leo than Scorpio!

ElenaJ

I think that I'm saying this because Sagittarius is more compatible with Leo than Scorpio![/QUOTE]

Not necessarily so.
Many of the most successful marriages are between two people from signs that are next to each other.
The reason is that the personal planets Venus and mercury, so important in love and friendship, can't move too far from the sun, so there is a high chance that between the two signs there will be conjunctions going on that are very helpful.
Considering only sun signs, Leo and sagittarius are fire, so yes they could work together well, they are on the same track, but again, the sun sign isn't everything.

sentR89day

I think that I'm saying this because Sagittarius is more compatible with Leo than Scorpio!

Not necessarily so.
Many of the most successful marriages are between two people from signs that are next to each other.
The reason is that the personal planets Venus and mercury, so important in love and friendship, can't move too far from the sun, so there is a high chance that between the two signs there will be conjunctions going on that are very helpful.
Considering only sun signs, Leo and sagittarius are fire, so yes they could work together well, they are on the same track, but again, the sun sign isn't everything.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, in general. I mean, Sagittarius is way too open for Scorpio! I know, I'm a Sagittarius! But, I do get what you mean, though!

Last edited:

Bunraku

The Sun represents all things that is good and heavenly. A symbol of God.

So it makes sense that in this godless and immoral generation they hate anything associated with it. :)

They worship wh0res, s3x, and drugz & hate authority.