Astral Projection Experience

LunaNeptuna

Lately I've been reading a lot about astral projection. Two years ago I had the weirdest experience and I am just realizing now that it was the beginning of an astral projection.
I was in my bed, in my room sleeping and I randomly woke up at 3 am (more or less). The room was dark except for the corner, which was illuminated by a bit of moonlight coming from the window. I kind of slept right away but while staring at my room. Seconds later I start seeing a small ball of white light wandering around my room before it stopped in front of my bed and became an old woman's white silhouette. Just after that, another "ball of light" came and became a baby (white silhouette too), I was extremely scared and the most interesting thing is that I couldn't close my eyes which makes me think it was an astral projection, I was screaming without screaming and I only wanted to unsee what I was seeing. They remained there until I expressly said to my self "I don't want to see that". That's when suddenly, I "came back" to my physical body. I've been scared to astral project since that experience, but now I try to do it in daylight.
Have you ever had an astral projection? I'd love to hear experiences :joyful:

moonkat235

Hey gurl!

I noticed that you made two threads that I totally would've made. haha Your Lilith-Sun conjunction...I have Black Moon Lilith (h13 on Astro.com) conjunct my Sun less than 1 degree. I also find the topic of astral projection quite appealing for various reasons, one of which being that I've 'astral projected' since childhood.

I call astral projecting 'journeying' because it sounds less woo-woo to me. Active Imagination coined by Carl Jung is also apt.

I've always done it, since I was probably around 3 years old, but it really took off in grade school when I started remembering dreams with the same male character appearing in each one. He was always a few years older than me and 'grew up' with me. I contacted him consciously in childhood during one of my active imagination journeys and I learned he was my guide.

He would guide me through dreams when I slept and adventures as I journeyed while awake. He was my best friend and often when I journeyed I would meet him in this living ocean. I could feel the powerful currents around us as we submerged into its depths. We'd go a lot of places, meet a lot of beings 'over there'. Not every being is willing to interact with me, but the ones that do are really intriguing.

I've also read that astral projecting should never be done as a pastime, but it was a pastime to me since it's been so easy. Anyway, there's some scary **** that can happen 'over there', parasitic entities wanting to feed off of you, or destructive beings that find you intrusive. A lot can go wrong, so I'm thankful I had my guide with me to mitigate negative experiences.

Let me know if you have any questions. I could tell you so much more, but let's just start with that. lol

Edit: Astral Projecting goes by many names and 'Inner Vision' or 'Visionary Magic' are also terms you could search with to yield more information on the process.

Last edited:

LunaNeptuna

Hey Moonkat, thank you for replying and sharing your experience. And have you ever accessed your akashic records? I'd like to. You are so lucky, I would really love to meet my spirit guides as well. What was the most spiritually revealing journey you've ever had?
I am kind of scared to start astral projecting because I know that it will forever change me and the way I perceive life, the world, death etc.

By the way, I also have Black Moon Lilith conjunct my Sun in Leo omg. Black Moon Lilith/Lilith/Psyche. I am so Leo... :pinched: How do you think that plays out in your birth chart?

moonkat235

Hey Moonkat, thank you for replying and sharing your experience. And have you ever accessed your akashic records? I'd like to. You are so lucky, I would really love to meet my spirit guides as well. What was the most spiritually revealing journey you've ever had?
I am kind of scared to start astral projecting because I know that it will forever change me and the way I perceive life, the world, death etc.

By the way, I also have Black Moon Lilith conjunct my Sun in Leo omg. Black Moon Lilith/Lilith/Psyche. I am so Leo... :pinched: How do you think that plays out in your birth chart?

I have not accessed my Akashic Records. I don't think they interest me personally so I've never tried to find more information on them. Why do you want to access them?

I'm not sure how life-changing it would be...lol It can bring up feelings of euphoria, but also not so great feelings as well. I've read emotions make you light up like a Christmas tree 'over there' and emotions attract lots of parasitic entities to you.

You can use journeying to interact with archetypal energies like from the Major Arcana of tarot or planetary/zodiacal energies (same thing), but it can be really dangerous without an inner guide. Fair warning. Archetypal energies can easily fry your brain. For instance, working with Saturn/the World archetype might bring up some very negative emotions/experiences. A really great book to read on the subject is the Inner Guide Meditation by Edwin Steinbrecher.

I'm still on a discovery process for Black Moon Lilith (BML) and its meaning/relevance for my life. There's lots of research in the Netherlands if you read Dutch. Here's a short article on BML on facebook that I found, a translation of George Bode's work.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/astrology-of-the-invisible-luminaries/the-black-moon-translation-from-george-bode/967706746627859/?__tn__=HH-R

moonkat235

What was the most spiritually revealing journey you've ever had?

I forgot to reply to this. There are many memorable experiences, but I'm holding off on revealing my most 'spiritual' journey. I might share later as the conversation progresses organically. We'll see.

LunaNeptuna

I want to access my akashic records to understand better certain things that have happened to me... I think it would be life changing, because you have the definite proof that life isn't just what we see with our eyes. Maybe it wasn't for you because you've always known the other dimensions. Thank you so much for the book suggestion though :)
As for the Lilith/Black Moon Lilith etc. I think I might have found a possible meaning in my case. Because the sun symbolizes the father sometimes, I think Lilith's conjunctions to my Sun caused the problems and disagreements I always had with him. He didn't want me to dress certain ways, he didn't like and let me wear make up etc. But when I moved out from my house, I discovered what it feels like to be free, and nowadays I won't let anyone, ANYONE, come in between me and my freedom.
Btw, I do feel a lot like the description from George Bode's translation. I always try to be unique, but I thought that came from the Sun in Leo 11th house opposite Uranus in the 5th house. How about you? :)

moonkat235

I want to access my akashic records to understand better certain things that have happened to me... I think it would be life changing, because you have the definite proof that life isn't just what we see with our eyes. Maybe it wasn't for you because you've always known the other dimensions. Thank you so much for the book suggestion though :)
As for the Lilith/Black Moon Lilith etc. I think I might have found a possible meaning in my case. Because the sun symbolizes the father sometimes, I think Lilith's conjunctions to my Sun caused the problems and disagreements I always had with him. He didn't want me to dress certain ways, he didn't like and let me wear make up etc. But when I moved out from my house, I discovered what it feels like to be free, and nowadays I won't let anyone, ANYONE, come in between me and my freedom.
Btw, I do feel a lot like the description from George Bode's translation. I always try to be unique, but I thought that came from the Sun in Leo 11th house opposite Uranus in the 5th house. How about you? :)

I see. You want to contextualize your life with a spiritual lens? I can feel that. Perhaps you're right and it wasn't life-changing, because I've always done it. Recently, I contextualized my journeying experiences under the umbrella of astral projection/visionary magic and was quite surprised by it. This context opened the door for me so to speak.

Hm...I have a complicated relationship with my father as well, but also a deep and abiding respect for him. I vibe less with the aspect of uniqueness in the article and more with the concept of consciousness. These terms are inter-related in my mind, but not equivocal.

George Bode also studied Kabbalah, which I'm looking into right now. I heard journeying/astral projecting can be considered 'pathworking' under a Kabbalistic framework or something along those lines.

LunaNeptuna

Exactly... Imagine someone who's never believed in anything else in life but the "real" world, it would be crazy for them to suddenly see that there are so many things that science doesn't study and that schools don't teach :)
I also now have a lot of respect towards my dad because, after all, I am where I am thanks to him.
I have no idea what's kabbalah... what is it for you?
I read about the akashic records, spirit guides and all of that in the Edain Mccoy's book "Astral Projection for Beginners", if you speak Spanish I could send you the pdf. There she explains how you could check out your Akashic Records and even "heal" someone.. I don't know if that's possible, but I think it's an interesting book.

moonkat235

My apologies for throwing a **** ton of information at you. lol Tell me to chill when you want me to, because this is a conversation not a ton of people are willing to have. I appreciate you bringing it up in a thread by the way.

I consider myself a fairly slow processor, but I love getting information thrown at me so I can strategically prioritize and learn later on. Don't know if you're the same way, so let me know if it's info overload.

Are there any questions you have regarding astral projection/journeying? I'm really uncertain how much to share publicly and what you'd be interested in hearing about, but let me know and I'll try my best!

moonkat235

Exactly... Imagine someone who's never believed in anything else in life but the "real" world, it would be crazy for them to suddenly see that there are so many things that science doesn't study and that schools don't teach :)
I also now have a lot of respect towards my dad because, after all, I am where I am thanks to him.
I have no idea what's kabbalah... what is it for you?
I read about the akashic records, spirit guides and all of that in the Edain Mccoy's book "Astral Projection for Beginners", if you speak Spanish I could send you the pdf. There she explains how you could check out your Akashic Records and even "heal" someone.. I don't know if that's possible, but I think it's an interesting book.

For sure, I see better where you're coming from now. I experienced some shocks to my perception of reality with drugs in college, so I understand the concern of a foreseeable paradigm shift.

Feel you on the dad and being where you are thanks to him.

Kabbalah is Jewish mysticism basically. There's a lot to it and I'm not really very knowledgeable on the subject. My forays into magical education started like a month ago. haha

That's interesting on the book. Unfortunately, I do not read Spanish...I took French in high school and I wish I'd taken Spanish. lol I'll look online for a translation!

corvidcatharsis

When I was a kid I had an out of body experience. I'm not sure that it was astral travel quite but it certainly opened me up to a different perspective on life and death.

moonkat235

When I was a kid I had an out of body experience. I'm not sure that it was astral travel quite but it certainly opened me up to a different perspective on life and death.

If it's not too much trouble, what was that out of body experience like?

When I journey, I imagine myself stepping out of my body, committing to the astral body and then shifting over to meet my guide in a certain place, so it's kind of an out of body experience I think. Some people use elevators or stairs. I used to use portals/doors when journeying.

moonkat235

I've been debating posting an experience, but I think I shall.

Earlier I mentioned exploring the tarot Major Arcana archetypes/planetary energies via journeying. According to Steinbrecher and the Inner Guide Meditation book, the Empress a.k.a. Venus is an energy I repress in myself. I was curious to see if this was the case, so I journeyed and met with her for a few minutes.

My new guide (really long story about him) and I meet in the solar system frequently, so I asked to go to Venus. We went to the planet and then the Empress came forth as a naked woman with tree branches and vines growing out of her skin, which was translucent almost and glowing.

She said the part of her within me is wilted and said I over-prune her. I asked how I could fix it and she said I needed to stop pruning and let her grow, not stamp her out. She became enraged with me, roared and her vines/branches shot out at me as my guide quickly pulled me away. I stopped journeying when that happened, came back instantly.

Witchyone

Hey gurl!

I noticed that you made two threads that I totally would've made. haha Your Lilith-Sun conjunction...I have Black Moon Lilith (h13 on Astro.com) conjunct my Sun less than 1 degree. I also find the topic of astral projection quite appealing for various reasons, one of which being that I've 'astral projected' since childhood.

I call astral projecting 'journeying' because it sounds less woo-woo to me. Active Imagination coined by Carl Jung is also apt.

I've always done it, since I was probably around 3 years old, but it really took off in grade school when I started remembering dreams with the same male character appearing in each one. He was always a few years older than me and 'grew up' with me. I contacted him consciously in childhood during one of my active imagination journeys and I learned he was my guide.

He would guide me through dreams when I slept and adventures as I journeyed while awake. He was my best friend and often when I journeyed I would meet him in this living ocean. I could feel the powerful currents around us as we submerged into its depths. We'd go a lot of places, meet a lot of beings 'over there'. Not every being is willing to interact with me, but the ones that do are really intriguing.

I've also read that astral projecting should never be done as a pastime, but it was a pastime to me since it's been so easy. Anyway, there's some scary **** that can happen 'over there', parasitic entities wanting to feed off of you, or destructive beings that find you intrusive. A lot can go wrong, so I'm thankful I had my guide with me to mitigate negative experiences.

Let me know if you have any questions. I could tell you so much more, but let's just start with that. lol

Edit: Astral Projecting goes by many names and 'Inner Vision' or 'Visionary Magic' are also terms you could search with to yield more information on the process.

Who are those people and your guide, do you think? Are they other people who are journeying as well or different beings altogether?

You're putting me in mind of Salman Rushdie's Midnight's Children.

I don't think I've ever done this. I do have dreams where I am doing my own kind of journeying. Specifically, I glide/fly a lot in my dreams, covering so much geography and, it seems, many planes of existence. I don't stop. I don't visit anyone. I have no idea where I'm going; I'm just going. Sometimes these traveling dreams become nightmares, and I lose my flight more and more until I'm just sort of jumping along, and then I get stuck and my limbs won't move, and something is chasing me...AArrgghhh!

Last edited:

moonkat235

Who are those people and your guide, do you think? Are they other people who are journeying as well or different beings altogether?

You're putting me in mind of Salman Rushdie's Midnight's Children.

I don't think I've ever done this. I do have dreams where I am doing my own kind of journeying. Specifically, I glide/fly a lot in my dreams, covering so much geography and, it seems, many planes of existence. I don't stop. I don't visit anyone. I have no idea where I'm going; I'm just going. Sometimes these traveling dreams become nightmares, and I lose my flight more and more until I'm just sort of jumping along, and then I get stuck and my limbs won't move, and something is chasing me...AArrgghhh!

What/who they are is hard question for me. I've read and concluded for the most part that it's not helpful to distinguish them by a human label, so I'm trying to distinguish them by function. What I mean is, I could try and fit the beings I contact into labels like archangels and then try to identify which one they are, but I would probably get it wrong and then see only what I want to see. I wouldn't observe the behaviors/functions that differentiate them from my understanding of the human label.

I don't know if this answer is satisfying. lol I'm still figuring out a lot of things about journeying.

I've never read Midnight's Children. I'll look it up!

I have dreams like that too, where I'm being chased and jumping/hopping/levitating along. lol Scarrrryyyy!

Last edited:

Witchyone

What/who they are is hard question for me. I've read and concluded for the most part that it's not helpful to distinguish them by a human label, so I'm trying to distinguish them by function. What I mean is, I could try and fit the beings I contact into labels like archangels and then try to identify which one they are, but I would probably get it wrong and then see only what I want to see. I wouldn't observe the behaviors/functions that differentiate them from my understanding of the human label.

I don't know if this answer is satisfying. lol I'm still figuring out a lot of things about journeying.

I've never read Midnight's Children. I'll look it up!

I have dreams like that too, where I'm being chased and jumping/hopping/levitating along. lol Scarrrryyyy!

You have answered my question. I wondered if they were other traveling souls, and it seems they are not, or at least you do not perceive them that way. Midnight's Children is about a group of children born upon India's independence who are literally telepathic and can communicate with one another even though they haven't met.

moonkat235

You have answered my question. I wondered if they were other traveling souls, and it seems they are not, or at least you do not perceive them that way. Midnight's Children is about a group of children born upon India's independence who are literally telepathic and can communicate with one another even though they haven't met.

Interesting! I've read that inner contacts could be travelers from other timelines, but when I asked my new guide what he is, he said it was irrelevant. lol

I think technically people who journey can meet in the inner worlds, but I have yet to do that.

Last edited:

Witchyone

Interesting! I've read that inner contacts could be travelers from other timelines, but when I asked my new guide what he is, he said it was irrelevant. lol

I think technically people who journey can meet in the inner worlds, but I have yet to do that.

I have been batting around a personal theory about ghosts being real people in other timelines who for some reason become visible in ours. I've seen a ghost or two.

I'm a bit jealous of your journeying! It sounds fascinating. I have so many questions for your guide. He would hate me. LOL

How long ago did your encounter with Venus happen? Have you taken her rather aggressive insistence that you let her grow to heart?

moonkat235

I have been batting around a personal theory about ghosts being real people in other timelines who for some reason become visible in ours. I've seen a ghost or two.

I'm a bit jealous of your journeying! It sounds fascinating. I have so many questions for your guide. He would hate me. LOL

How long ago did your encounter with Venus happen? Have you taken her rather aggressive insistence that you let her grow to heart?

Interesting theory! I always think of causality and a PBS SpaceTime video on youtube when people talk about timelines and concepts like that. lol It fascinates me.

lol yeah this new guide is a bit...austere. He doesn't like to talk that much and he's very disciplined, doesn't mince words, but he's what I need right now. My last guide was with me for over a decade and he was warmer in my opinion, but he's no longer what will grow me.

Venus/Empress encounter happened a few weeks ago I think, within the last month. Initial interaction with archetypal energies, I've read, actually catalyze profound changes in the psyche/soul. I notice I'm taking better care of myself, though this wasn't a conscious decision that I made based off of her words. Archetypal energies can also fry your brain, which is why my guide pulled me out of there. I do however want to visit her again and get some advice.

I will say that when I realized I could journey to archetypal energies, I identified which ones are 'repressed' in me and tried to visit them first. I honestly need to visit Saturn at some point, but a friend cast a horary chart for me and a couple people interpreted that it was too early to determine whether the outcome would be positive. I'm holding off on visiting there.