Intelligence indicator (details inside)

Starsareround

I’m wondering what people think about Uranus in H3. Ive read a lot of different things, from problems with siblings to madness to creative genius...

Gemini888

@Starsarearound regarding your charts...

The first person's Mars is very badly aspected. Square Sun and Mercury. I think this indicates motor skill problems. He is pretty clumsy and crude. Moon in Aries and in 5H also manages to retain the childlike quality. But he has a good amount of 11H for brain capacity.

And the second person, a classic case of Saturn square Mercury and Sun. That, and 6H Saturn give him some practicality to solve problems. He also has a loaded 6H.

Starsareround

@Starsarearound regarding your charts...

The first person's Mars is very badly aspected. Square Sun and Mercury. I think this indicates motor skill problems. He is pretty clumsy and crude. Moon in Aries and in 5H also manages to retain the childlike quality. But he has a good amount of 11H for brain capacity.

And the second person, a classic case of Saturn square Mercury and Sun. That, and 6H Saturn give him some practicality to solve problems. He also has a loaded 6H.

You are spot on with the first chart! He may be able to develop AI but he can’t change a light bulb. Like I said I know him well so I feel able to tease him on a astrology forum :)
Second chart is my love. I hugely admire his determination and problem solving. He admires my abstract thought. Or whatever my thought style is. But his focus and practicality is impressive. He’s pretty young yet leads a team of engineers who all have more experience than him and they trust his knowledge and authority.

Gemini888

You are spot on with the first chart! He may be able to develop AI but he can’t change a light bulb. Like I said I know him well so I feel able to tease him on a astrology forum :)
Second chart is my love. I hugely admire his determination and problem solving. He admires my abstract thought. Or whatever my thought style is. But his focus and practicality is impressive. He’s pretty young yet leads a team of engineers who all have more experience than him and they trust his knowledge and authority.

Second person: Mars conj Mercury in Leo and opposite Jupiter. I'm not surprised that he ends up being in an authority role. Mercury opposite Jupiter indicates an ability to inspire faith to others, like a preacher. Mars opposite Jupiter gives tremendous faith in action. He appears very confident to his colleague and they trust him. Looks like a typical Fire-type intelligence.

The stereotyped "genius who can't type his shoe" may lend itself to the fact that the genius is better at working on abstract concept than things that require motor skills. The first person's chart is devoid of earth, meaning lacking practicality. He is better working as an "idea guy" than someone who actually gets his hands dirty. I hope with his Saturn conj MC in Leo, he has enough authority to get people to work on things in the large scheme that he can't do.

My Mars squares make me quite clumsy too, and for a long time I thought it was an indication of stupidity. Now I know there is a difference.

Last edited:

Starsareround

Second person: Mars conj Mercury in Leo and opposite Jupiter. I'm not surprised that he ends up being in an authority role. Mercury opposite Jupiter indicates an ability to inspire faith to others, like a preacher. Mars opposite Jupiter gives tremendous faith in action. He appears very confident to his colleague and they trust him. Looks like a typical Fire-type intelligence.

The stereotyped "genius who can't type his shoe" may lend itself to the fact that the genius is better at working on abstract concept than things that require motor skills. The first person's chart is devoid of earth, meaning lacking practicality. He is better working as an "idea guy" than someone who actually gets his hands dirty. I hope with his Saturn conj MC in Leo, he has enough authority to get people to work on things in the large scheme that he can't do.

My Mars squares make me quite clumsy too, and for a long time I thought it was an indication of stupidity. Now I know there is a difference.

Ha! He is kinda like a preacher. When I first met him 3 years ago he kind of swooped down and said “this life you have isn’t good enough for you, let’s get you a better life” then he proceeded to help me fix it by “teaching (me) how to fish” He’s a very rare, kind of generous spirit who is so good at his own stuff, he gravitates toward helping others.

The other chart....I know he will eventually be able to work with other people on projects but that has been difficult for him his whole life.

Starsareround

Wish I have this within Close Orb.
Mine is Exalted Saturn Conjunct Pluto Square Mercury.
Mercury Conjunct with bad *** Rahu/NN. :bandit:
I''m only emotional rather than rational or intelligent.
In layman's terms I'm a Fool in Real/Practical World.

I would say that may be a gift in its own right. You may not see it now, but someday you may have a deep emotional intelligence.

love-thinking

LOL I was just about to write a forum about something similar.

But my 2 cents:

In vedic astrology, in more specificly jaimani:
If your atmakaraka(highest degree planet) and/or AC lord is in the 3rd, 5th, or 6th house or is with the 3rd/5th/6th lord, you are intelligent. But make sure these houses don't have many benefics.

3rd house in my opinion is analytical intelligence, 5th house is creativity, and 6th house is practical intelligence and getting through the day in a productive manner.

So one can be creative, but neither practical nor book smart, or one can be book smart and creative but not practical. The stereotype of the awkward nerd that has no practical street smartness. However, I do think that if you have intelligence in one domain, it can be used in another domain. Jaimani says that intelligence is needed to get by in life.

You add up the points, and see how intelligent you are.

In vedic astrology, the highest degree planet and the ASC lord is you and that' show you assess looks as well.

Now I've seen some patterns in my research where I focused more on mercury

3rd house is very true
Mercury in virgo
Mercury in air signs
They also said mercury quintile uranus showed up in mensa

But one thing I never expected though was Mercury in aspect to saturn. This features more than even mercury in aspect to uranus which you would expect for intelligence usually.

Now this is anecdotal, but a few high iq people that literally chose to do not much with their iq has I've seen mercury in aries.

love-thinking

Wish I have this within Close Orb.
Mine is Exalted Saturn Conjunct Pluto Square Mercury.
Mercury Conjunct with bad *** Rahu/NN. :bandit:
I''m only emotional rather than rational or intelligent.
In layman's terms I'm a Fool in Real/Practical World.[/QUOTE

Other things I must add though:

I've been studying personality, astrology, and how it might relate to IQ and other personality traits

Now this is a generalization so I'd do my own research. I've been focused on the mbti and the ennegram specifically.

When it comes to intelligence. INTP, INTJ, INFP, INFJ were the most gifted.

INTP is related to the aquarius/gemini archetype. INTJ is related to the aquarius/virgo archetype, INFP is the pisces/scorpio archetype, and INFJ is the cancer/pisces archetype-this is related to intelligence/IQ/giftedness. I've seen such patterns arising with three peer scholared articles. With one exception to the rule being apparently ENFPs outperform INFPs in terms of giftedness when it comes to females.

But also keep in mind, that the INFPs and INFJs sometimes don't do too well when it comes how much money they make compared to other types especially INFPs

So you can see water and air and their flowy nature usually overrepresent the "IQ" because IQ essentially represents the ability to recognize patterns, see things from a different perspective (visiospatially) and think outside of the box and engage in logically solving the problem and eliminating possible answers in a standardized test. Water has the first two covered, air (most particularly gemini and aquarius as gemini is abstract because of its mutability and aquarius is abstract because of its ruler) has all the talents.

Einstein also said that much of intelligence is imagination and air and water both have that. Phlagmetic is also suppoosedly spiritual and wise and that's correlated with Brahmins, Air element is associated with vhaisiyas (excuse my spelling) which are the merchants that are equally if not even more intelligent than the brahmins. But the brahmins job in ancient india was only to learn, perceive, and contemplate and come up with insightful theories.

Another thing I'd like to add on imagination is that much of INFs tend to be prevelent amongst people who claim they daydream alot and that's associated with a thicker dorsolateral prefrontal cortex which is also associated with working memory(and also having more to work with and being inventive with working memory ) as well. Now there's more to intelligence than just an imagination as Einstein also had a parietal lobe that was bigger than the average human parietal lobe.

Okay I'm going on a tangent. But what I'm trying to say here is that some inherent ability to invent and think outside of the box are within those that in general (which is a major part of IQ) is inherent in those whose signs are metaphorically consistent with a flowy element that can't be contained. You can't grasp water or air. Now this brings me to my final point, just like the phlagmetic is pictured to be a lame drunk, not all intelligence is fostered and IQ doesn't always equate to success. Openness to experience correlates with IQ, openness to experience and conscioentiousness correlates with success.

Now to my final point. There needs to be a thirst for knowledge. I do think learning and even a beneficial type of thinking can be fostered, and advanced almost exponentially. But that's where environment, and internal agency/motivation comes to play and you can assess things like that through ennegram. Type 5 would probably be highest in IQ scores as they are the researchers that like to observe.

I hope this was insightful.

Somna7H

Banned
@love-thinking

If I consider my Sidereal Zodiac Chart then I found my Gemini Archetype. Not too many benefics but balance.
Venus, Moon, Rahu and Mercury in Gemini in 2nd/3rd House (depends on house system).

Witchyone

I wonder how Mercury/Sun in other signs create other types of intelligence.

My 3H and 9H is empty. I only have Gemini and Sag on the cusps.

I don’t have enough practice with people and their charts to say for sure, but I tend to associate mutable energy with breadth of knowledge and a wide view, cardinal with actionable knowledge, and fixed with specialized mastery. Then air with quickness and verbal ability, water with psychic and emotional understanding, fire with intuition and creativity, and earth with practical and sensory ability.

I think sun and Mercury placements will tell the most about how a person thinks and communicates, but you would need to look at moon, Mars, and Venus to see other types of intelligence more clearly.

love-thinking

@love-thinking

If I consider my Sidereal Zodiac Chart then I found my Gemini Archetype. Not too many benefics but balance.
Venus, Moon, Rahu and Mercury in Gemini in 2nd/3rd House (depends on house system).

Hey I use the tropical zodiac even when doing vedic. There's a reason why I do it, if you want to know why watch vic dicaras series online of tropical vs sidereal.

You don't necessarily have to be gemini archetype to be smart although if you were, you'd definitely have a thirst knowledge and sometimes even seem smart to your peers. You can be gemini and be stupid, trust me I know two.

But if you want to assess whether you are, do what I mentioned above.

Gemini888

I don’t have enough practice with people and their charts to say for sure, but I tend to associate mutable energy with breadth of knowledge and a wide view, cardinal with actionable knowledge, and fixed with specialized mastery. Then air with quickness and verbal ability, water with psychic and emotional understanding, fire with intuition and creativity, and earth with practical and sensory ability.

I think sun and Mercury placements will tell the most about how a person thinks and communicates, but you would need to look at moon, Mars, and Venus to see other types of intelligence more clearly.
So all of my personal planets have to go to work :biggrin:

corvidcatharsis

I'm a Gemini. My verbal intelligence is much higher than my spatial intelligence. My ascendant is in Pisces and Moon is in Sagittarius. I did best in art and English classes in high school and worst in gym.

I struggled a lot in traditional learning settings. I was diagnosed with a learning disability and giftedness, but school made it seem more like a curse. My brain basically has too much in some of its buckets and not enough in others.

I love books and reading. I know about a lot of topics. But I'm also disorganized and easily overwhelmed in overstimulating environments. Kids thought I was a nerd and easy to pick on. Teachers thought I was lazy. There have been points where I've been very lonely and depressed.

I come across often as indifferent to people but it's not shyness or elitism. I really just find people emotionally draining and prefer mostly being by myself. I'm actually very passionate about making sure that people are kind and understanding to those whose minds work differently whether that be LGBT people, people with disabilities, or people with mental illness. My brain is different from other people's but it isn't better or worse. Just more lopsided and eccentric.

In the end what really matters is what I do with my brain, not the labels that are attached to it. The labels just helped educators figure out that I wasn't just being difficult after all.

I think there are some correspondences between my chart and my cognitive strengths and weaknesses, but a lot of it is genetic and seen to some extent in the rest of my family. The air signs in my family are better at putting themselves into words than the fire signs in my family though.

Cassiopeia

I’m wondering what people think about Uranus in H3. Ive read a lot of different things, from problems with siblings to madness to creative genius...

I have Uranus in the 3 house, but with Jupiter there conjunct. I guess Jupiter counterbalances the siblings' problems because it's not the case. I don't know what to say about Uranus here. I know no one except me with this aspect and I don't really see the positives I read a lot of good stuff about this placement... It makes it so hard to stay focused on one thing/ interest! Total lack of focus or discipline...

Witchyone

I'm a Gemini. My verbal intelligence is much higher than my spatial intelligence. My ascendant is in Pisces and Moon is in Sagittarius. I did best in art and English classes in high school and worst in gym.

I struggled a lot in traditional learning settings. I was diagnosed with a learning disability and giftedness, but school made it seem more like a curse. My brain basically has too much in some of its buckets and not enough in others.

I love books and reading. I know about a lot of topics. But I'm also disorganized and easily overwhelmed in overstimulating environments. Kids thought I was a nerd and easy to pick on. Teachers thought I was lazy. There have been points where I've been very lonely and depressed.

I come across often as indifferent to people but it's not shyness or elitism. I really just find people emotionally draining and prefer mostly being by myself. I'm actually very passionate about making sure that people are kind and understanding to those whose minds work differently whether that be LGBT people, people with disabilities, or people with mental illness. My brain is different from other people's but it isn't better or worse. Just more lopsided and eccentric.

In the end what really matters is what I do with my brain, not the labels that are attached to it. The labels just helped educators figure out that I wasn't just being difficult after all.

I think there are some correspondences between my chart and my cognitive strengths and weaknesses, but a lot of it is genetic and seen to some extent in the rest of my family. The air signs in my family are better at putting themselves into words than the fire signs in my family though.

Hey there!

I would have responded sooner, but I don't get notifications when someone quotes me, so I just randomly figure it out later. I should look into whether that's a setting.

I'm glad that you are speaking up for people whose minds work differently (I like the way you put that.) I was speaking very broadly from astrological archetypes, or in other words, generalizing and not being terribly inclusive. It would be interesting to see a study tracking these assumptions against real people.

I'm a Gemini sun with Pisces moon and Taurus rising. What you said about being drained by people is familiar to me. That's a classic introvert trait. But sometimes the opposite happens to me. Once in a while I am in the mood to entertain people, and when the mood and opportunity coincide I am absolutely energized by it.

I think you're right about intelligence in families. The air signs may have more of a way with words (if I'm honest, I say it's Gemini and Virgo) but the Aries(es) never stop talking. :lol:

That's a very air-like statement you made about genetics and cognitive ability, and I agree with you.

Gemini888

Someone here says something about being a Gemini and being stupid. In my opinion, being a Gemini doesn't guarantee intelligence, but Gemini seems to be more likely to have a thirst for knowledge than other signs, especially fixed signs. The fixed signs tend to be so proud of their knowledge that they stick to what they know.