What astrological age are we in?

RSA2613

How are we in Capricorn supposedly going in to Aquarius?
Today is August, 12th Leo.

Last edited:

Hkk

Account Closed
Re: Can somewone please help nme figure this out. ITS REALLY SIMPLE

Yeah it’s confusing! Can someone reply please

IleneK

Premium Member
Re: Can somewone please help nme figure this out. ITS REALLY SIMPLE

Hey, R.

You ask:

"What astrological age are we in?"

Good question. The astrological ages move backwards through the signs, according to what is known as the precession of the equinoxes.
The ages are thought to be roughly around 2300 years, and we are coming toward the end of the Age of Pisces, Pisces being the fishes, Ichthus [from Greek ikhthus ‘fish’: the initial letters of the word are sometimes taken as short for I esous Ch ristos, Th eou U ios, S oter (Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior)] The part of the body that the sign Pisces rules is the feet, as when Jesus washed the feet of his disciples as a ritual act of humility.

There is some overlap between the ending of one age and the beginning of another, so it is said that we are also entering into the Age of Aquarius. If the overall Age of Pisces is the Age of Faith and Reason, then the Age of Aquarius is the Age of Individuality and Cosmos.

There is a very cool book on this subject by Alice O Howell, entitled Jungian Synchronicity in the Signs and Ages, and I highly recommend it! It is the source material for my comments here.

I think the somewhat uninformed references to the Capricorn Age are to Saturn being in the sign it rules right now in Capricorn. Saturn moves through signs in about 2.5 years and leaves completely by the end of 2020, so not so long from now. Also, perhaps less informed people are referring to the Age of Cap because Pluto is in Cap? But Pluto in only in Cap for something like 16 years total exiting finally in 2024.

I would think these transits of Saturn and Pluto hardly constitute an Age of Capricorn. More like a period? And we are at the end of the Age of Pisces and entering the Age of Aquarius.

I hope this brings a bit of clarity to the references you hear about Cap and Aq.

Last edited:

RSA2613

Hey, R.

You ask:

"What astrological age are we in?"

Good question. The astrological ages move backwards through the signs, according to what is known as the precession of the equinoxes.
The ages are thought to be roughly around 2300 years, and we are coming toward the end of the Age of Pisces, Pisces being the fishes, Ichthus [from Greek ikhthus ‘fish’: the initial letters of the word are sometimes taken as short for I esous Ch ristos, Th eou U ios, S oter (Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior)] The part of the body that the sign Pisces rules is the feet, as when Jesus washed the feet of his disciples as a ritual act of humility.

There is some overlap between the ending of one age and the beginning of another, so it is said that we are also entering into the Age of Aquarius. If the overall Age of Pisces is the Age of Faith and Reason, then the Age of Aquarius is the Age of Individuality and Cosmos.

There is a very cool book on this subject by Alice O Howell, entitled Jungian Synchronicity in the Signs and Ages, and I highly recommend it! It is the source material for my comments here.

I think the somewhat uninformed references to the Capricorn Age are to Saturn being in the sign it rules right now in Capricorn. Saturn moves through signs in about 2.5 years and leaves completely by the end of 2020, so not so long from now. Also, perhaps less informed people are referring to the Age of Cap because Pluto is in Cap? But Pluto in only in Cap for something like 16 years total exiting finally in 2024.

I would think these transits of Saturn and Pluto hardly constitute an Age of Capricorn. More like a period? And we are at the end of the Age of Pisces and entering the Age of Aquarius.

I hope this brings a bit of clarity to the references you hear about Cap and Aq.

They changed the title of my thread. My original intent of the question I asked I read that Mars is retrograde. While reading it said that the Earth was in Capricorn going in to Aquarius. And I wanted to know how is the the Earth in Capricorn going on to Aquarius when it is Leo currently? I think what they were referring to is the signs that Mars was passing through in the sky why going in retrograde and they mis-labeled it. Is that correct?

Here is the original post that got me confused. What caused the misunderstanding is in the first few sentences of the article. https://www.yourtango.com/2018315869/how-mars-retrograde-will-affect-your-zodiac-signs-love-horoscope-and-relationships-according-astrology

JUPITERASC

How are we in Capricorn supposedly going in to Aquarius?
Today is August, 12th Leo.
VISUAL ANIMATION EXPLANATION OF TROPICAL & SIDEREAL PERSPECTIVES
WITH DESCRIPTIVE NARRATIVE
at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-DYgGFjI

Using the MOON as our example
although Astrologers
– whether Tropical or Sidereal
– are commenting on and making predictions regarding THE IDENTICAL MOON in the skies
computer generated Tropical Chart differs by DEGREE OCCUPIED BY THE MOON

from Sidereal DEGREE OCCUPIED BY MOON
Sidereal location of Moon may be confirmed BY VISUAL observation of local skies
there is a minimum difference of 20° up to a maximum of approximately 24°
between TROPICAL AND SIDEREAL MEASUREMENT
ANY planet at 0° OF any TROPICAL SIGN
is SIDEREALLY between approximately 6° - 10° to a maximum 24° of the PREVIOUS SIGN
dependent on the ayanamsha

mCycles_prec.png

siderealDay.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

precession.gif

siderealsynodic.jpg

IleneK

Premium Member
They changed the title of my thread. My original intent of the question I asked I read that Mars is retrograde. While reading it said that the Earth was in Capricorn going in to Aquarius. And I wanted to know how is the the Earth in Capricorn going on to Aquarius when it is Leo currently? I think what they were referring to is the signs that Mars was passing through in the sky why going in retrograde and they mis-labeled it. Is that correct?

Here is the original post that got me confused. What caused the misunderstanding is in the first few sentences of the article. https://www.yourtango.com/201831586...roscope-and-relationships-according-astrology

Oh, well, you are quite welcome!!
I am glad you appreciated the effort put into answering your original post.

PS Reread the article and write the blogger to see if you can get an answer.

Last edited: