Positive and negative orbs

LovelyMissAries

I'm not speaking of applying or separating aspects, but the aspect's numbered units. Sometimes it's (example) "7" or "-7" orbs. What does it mean when it's an applying aspect but "-7"?

JUPITERASC

I'm not speaking of applying or separating aspects, but
the aspect's numbered units.
Sometimes it's (example) "7" or "-7" orbs.
What does it mean when it's an applying aspect but "-7"?
could you post a screenshor or image illustrating :smile:
whether you are using traditional software
or some other software
because
you have asked this question on our traditional board

LovelyMissAries

No, here's an attachment of what I mean. Look at Sun's sextile with Mars. It's "-1". I thought at first it's because it's separating, but further down there's those square aspects also separating and they have positive numerical units.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 2.16.33 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 2.16.33 AM.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 36

IleneK

Premium Member
+ positive value: the aspect angle is larger than it would be, were it exact.
- negative value: the aspect angle is smaller than it would be, were it exact. Positive and negative are purely mathematical terms, here. The expression has nothing to do with 'good' and 'bad'.

https://www.astro.com/faq/fq_fh_legend_e.htm

:smile:

Thank you for this, P.
Just to be sure I understand, could you explain employing the context you illustrated "What does it mean when it's an applying aspect but '-7' ?"

petosiris

Banned
Thank you for this, P.
Just to be sure I understand, could you explain employing the context you illustrated "What does it mean when it's an applying aspect but '-7' ?"

Are you asking about the post preceding my last one with the legend?

Occasionally when a retrograde planet is moving towards a slower retrograde planet, they might complete their aspect in degrees that are preceding their current ones. Initially I thought that the negative value implied this phenomenon, but it actually depicts the angular value. This is why the value for the conjunction is always positive. I've never seen one using this traditionally or in modern, and I don't know why it is there.

IleneK

Premium Member
Are you asking about the post preceding my last one with the legend?

Occasionally when a retrograde planet is moving towards a slower retrograde planet, they might complete their aspect in degrees that are preceding their current ones. Initially I thought that the negative value implied this phenomenon, but it actually depicts the angular value. This is why the value for the conjunction is always positive. I've never seen one using this traditionally or in modern, and I don't know why it is there.

Yes, I am referring to the OP's example of -7 applying or +7 separating and the aspect table she uploaded. Thank you for saying more, P.