Beginner Astrologer Interpretation

Hi Fellow Astrology Students, Practitioners, and Masters:

I have been just beginning my studies in Astrology and wondered if someone here would bless me with your interpretation of my chart. I have been taking some Astrology classes and been studying online, but I would love to have a reading by someone else. My finances are not up to par right now, so I do not really want to purchase a reading as of right now.

I would like to thank you anyone in advance for their reading, and I will in turn reciprocate any further exchanges of ideas and thoughts.

Attached is my chart.

I would like to hear about life calling, relationships, and any other neat little perceptions received.

Attachments

• john-lorince-natal-chart.jpg
    john-lorince-natal-chart.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 24

miquar

Hi. The first things that jumps out at me are the angular planets in earth, with both of these planets being concerned with security in one way or another. The Moon is also square Pluto.

So there's a suggestion of a strong need for order on some level of your life - a need to feel that you can manage your life and keep control of it.

The need for self-reliance suggested by the earthy factors is also echoed in the Aquarian emphasis (also with Sun square Uranus). Pluto also aspects Venus and Mercury, so there is a powerful drive to relate to others truthfully. If you feel insecure in your understanding, the Pluto trines could throw up problems in the way you connect with others - perhaps a tendency to stubbornness and opinionatedness, especially with the square from Mars to Mercury. The sextiles from Neptune soften this affect a little and enhance the seductive power of Pluto - so you can probably be quite persuasive when sharing ideas (Mercury) and values (Venus), as long as you don't go over the top in your approach.

I'd say that issues of pride are likely - reluctance to admit when you need support. You may be inclined to try to get through by using your innovative and insightful mind, and you probably always manage to do this. But if you rely too much on your own resources, you'll miss out, so try to trust that things will work out if you pool resources with others and ask for help sometimes.

As for relationships, it really depends on the kind of people you get into relationships with. You might go for earth air types like yourself, in which case the compatibility is there, but you may sometimes wonder where the romance is (fire and water being the more romantic elements) - though you may not be too bothered about that being an earth air type. Or you may get involved with water fire types, who challenge your orderly disposition with turbulent emotions and unpredictable behaviour.

Although basically an independent person, you may feel possessive of partners sometimes due to the Pluto aspects to Moon and Venus, and with Mars in Taurus on the IC and Moon rising in Capricorn - this being partly to do with your need to keep control of things and avoid humiliating rejections - this fear especially strong due to the square of rising Moon in Capricorn to Pluto.

Its a strong and creative chart, but you might want to consider whether you feel genuinely strong, or if there is a sense of vulnerability hidden beneath a capable exterior which needs to be healed before you can feel truly strong.

Don't know if all this applies to you and is useful...

Very interesting reading, for I have not really look at all the Aspects as of yet. I am learning about the Houses, Quadraplicities/Triplicities, and Charts Patterns now. You had mentioned all planets in the Angular planets in Earth. I know I have 4 planets in the first house, and 1 planet in the 4th house. Both of which are Angular houses, but there elements are fire(Life)first house, and water(endings)4th house. Is this what you are referring to there?

What are thoughts on career? I am considering going back to school and have thought of philosophy (North Node Sag in 12th house).

miquar

Hi. By 'angular', I meant 'conjunct one of the four angles'. Your Moon and Mars are angular and therefore strong in your chart. The IC, i.e. the 4th house cusp when using a quadrant house system, is the natural cusp of the Moon, while the Ascendant is the natural house cusp (1st) of Mars, so they are in one another's houses. Mars is quite terratorial in the 4th, while the Moon can be quite vulnerable at the ascendant, and the earth trine between them suggests that it will feel very natural to you (trine) to protect (Moon Mars) your boundaries (earth).

Yes you also have all the Aquarian planets in the first house which will add another influence to your sense of how the world around you is best approached (first house).

I don't tend to get into vocational choices. Its such a personal thing and the chart more faithfully shows the values we seek to realise through vocation, than the actual form it will take. You may need a vocation which will give you financial stability due to the earth trine on the angles, and perhaps give you a sense of a stable work-life too. But ultimately the most important thing is probably the expression the Aquarian planets through your vocation.