We don’t experience each planet the same.

or1000

I’ve been thinking a lot lately on the influence of each planet on the person. How I experience Neptune, the planet of dreams and illusion, is different to the next person.

This may be a far reaching discussion but it does interest me a lot as to how we develop our own solid, individual perspection of the archetypes. Especially when the outer/collective planets touch personal planets.

Why is it that 2 individuals (twins, for example) with Merc-Neptune of the same age, grown up in the same environment, both planets positioned in the same houses, don’t express this aspect in even remotely similar way?

What is the major influence here?

Last edited:

Neptunian Rainbow

That is an interesting question!

If you believe that we are incarnated souls, it would depend on how evolved the soul is and how it perceives things and how it chooses to deal with things.

Otherwise I guess that it simply would have to do with the fact that we all make choices all the time. We choose what to think, what to read and we choose our actions. Every choice we make has consequences and every thought we think has consequences. For example we may avoid our feelings or we may allow ourselves to feel. We may isolate when we feel bad or we may choose to connect to people. We may choose drugs and fast food or we may choose a healthy life style. We may choose to think about how victimized we are day in and day out or we focus on trying to improve our situation. Two people with identical charts will make different choices all the time and therefore they turn into different people.

I find it interesting as well to analyze the differences between how the planets are expressed in different cultures. For example plutonian people seem to be more jealous, controlling and obsessive in other cultures than they are where I live. In my country is it seen as weak to need other people and you will be seen as childlike, dramatic and weak if you express strong feelings. I believe that many plutonian people here feel that they must repress their emotions and turn cold.

wan

The same planet can rule different houses in different people's charts. This could be why the same planet is felt differently by each person.

conspiracy theorist

An infinitesimally small difference in time and space, and the phenomenology of consciousness (Jung described the self - the sum total of consciousness, the personal unconscious and the collective unconscious as 'smaller than small and bigger than big', which indicates that everyone experiences themselves as the center of the universe) is such that totally different outcomes can occur in lives of those born minutes apart, as the level of perception that we use for normal everyday life, is not the same level where the "reality" 'structures and orders itself'. This is accounted for in jyotish with the divisional charts and in western with dodecatemoria, degree symbology and harmonic charts.

If you imagine a point and two lines that are drawn just a degree apart (baring in mind that a degree difference is not the smallest measurement) and you draw those lines out indefinitely, you will realize that the lines move further and further away from each other the longer the line gets. From the same starting point, there are two different paths which gets increasingly divergent the longer they get.

We know that different manifestations of chart energy can manifest itself in the same person at different times in their life, so why is it hard to believe that this is not the case with persons who are different but born "at the same time" (which they aren't)?

About twins experiencing their aspects in remotely different ways, I've seen where through timing techniques of a sufficiently fine-grained resolution, the astrologer was able to see that the same events happened to twins (for instance, marriage) but the timing where months and sometimes years off - this again shows the difference that the very tiny change in time and space can make when multiplied to the level of human life and consciousness.