Houses of Wealth

poyi

Premium Member
Hi all

I am trying to understand more about different types of Wealth by Signs, Houses and Rulers. I would like to open a thread and hopefully members of the forum would also find this topic interesting.

My purpose is to investigate which type/s of wealth enriches your life and how to find these blessings in a natal chart in both traditional and modern methods. Any different type of astrology is welcome here! :cool:

My goal is to assist myself and everyone who reads and discusses this thread to discover their happiness in their own chart!

First of all, there are many different types of wealth in life and below are my descriptions of how I classify them...

Material Wealth vs Spiritual Wealth

Within Material Wealth, we have self-earned wealth vs inheritance, from marriage partner vs children and from irrational gambling vs rational investment. Material Wealth gives us the Power of Control in earthy matters, comfort living in physical form.

Within Non-Material/Spiritual Wealth, we have the understanding of the wisdom of God vs the understanding of the meaning of life (not necessarily related to religion), wealth of self-respect vs respect earned from others (Fame), relationships (such as happy love life, friendship and being a parent) vs personal achievement. Non-Material/Spiritual Wealth gives us the Sense of Fulfillment and internal well-being.

Anyone can share their personal understandings and experiences here! :happy:

Some interesting YouTube to watch about wealth in astrology:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10dprq_LgX8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=stBqCGfulXU

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
The 2nd house is the first house that most people aware of it importance in term of possessions and attitude toward money etc in a lower level. In higher level, 2nd hous also represents our personal values such as self-esteem etc.

The sign, ruler of the 2nd house' cusp, the ruler's location in the chart, for and against aspects from other planets are some basic cues.

2nd house represents how a native spends and save money and what kind of things this individual treasure the most. For example, ruler of the 2nd house in 2nd house, the native has stronger than usual urge to acquire security in both material or/ and spiritual.

In positive way, ruler in his own house has the greatest power, in 2nd house will motivate this native to learn the skill to earn stable income and even motivate other people to do the same.

In a negative way, this native can become overindulgent, desire for possessions, luxury, money and a life of ease can also blind this person and therefore as an obstacle this person may have difficulty to reach spiritual enlightenment.

However, what sorts of things this native really treasures about will depending on the planet/s in the house and sign as well as the aspects with other planets and the native's overall personality. After all, 2nd house is only 1/12 part of a person. We should also remeber current attitude and trends are also depending on the planteary period at the time.

Last edited:

dhundhun

Well, 2nd house is house of Material Wealth.

Spirit is 8th house. 2nd to 8th = 9th house is Spiritual Wealth. 9th house stands for religion and higher form of learning.

Partner/Spouse is 7th house. 8th house represents partner's money and joint finances.

CapAquaPis

The mentioned houses ruled by Taurus (and/or Gemini and Leo) came to mean material if not monetary wealth. To reconsider the definition of wealth: Taurus tends to view themselves prosperous when most seem to disagree and are content with what they have no matter what others tell them :tongue: ; and Gemini is the "double" innovative/"get rich quick"/"yuppie" personality, but associated with an urgency to "con" or scam others, and greediness to achieve personal gain. :annoyed: Leo is not only the sign of kings, royality and nobility; they can fall into sorrow and grief of things they are lacking in their lives, because they know "money doesn't buy happiness".

Some astrologers included parazodiacs Ophiuchus (Scorpio) and Cetus (Aries) with some Pluto and Mars-ruled qualities: an ability to achieve goals in life associated with Mars-the god of success and triumph, with Mercury co-ruler of Virgo and Gemini is a youthful hard-working focusing ability to "go ahead, go at it and get it when you can." The other two parazodiacs: Orion by his club/left arm and Hydra of its fin/tail are prone to failures as the sun "sometimes" crosses the ecliptic more closer to the successful signs of Gemini and Virgo, as sagas have it: the Hunter was killed by (a) Scorpio(n) and the sea-serpent/dragon is killed by Hercules.

The houses ruled by Scorpio as well Capricorn & Aquarius came to mean financial loss, despair, stagnant income and economic depression seem to follow afterward for some periods of time. The unlucky, innocent or "prone to" accident houses: Cancer, Virgo & Libra; are the type of lives not suited for money and material wealth, nor trying to earn "enough" income or cannot buy anything they want: Not to obtain possessions, but obtain a piece of mind in the typical Cancerian sense of family, Virgo when it's romantic and a Libran need for balance to maintain emotional well-being. Aquarian-Uranian hopes overcomes negative Capricorn-Saturnian woes.

And finally the houses of Aries (Herculean), Sagittarius & Pisces: spiritual growth, with health or wealth in soul & faith, supports ones' religious belief, positive thinking, and good luck in obtaining personal goals to fulfill a rewarding life. The 1st, 9th and 12th houses are the start, peak and end of what's part of Judeo-Christian, as well pagan European traditions of the beginning, climax, decline and not only death...but a "rebirth" of life as well the world around us. The cycle of life, death, reward, replenishment, restoration, in addition to salvation & resurrection, is what the 12 houses came to (the sun in one house) specifically an individual's quality of life.

poyi

Premium Member
Well, 2nd house is house of Material Wealth.

Spirit is 8th house. 2nd to 8th = 9th house is Spiritual Wealth. 9th house stands for religion and higher form of learning.

Partner/Spouse is 7th house. 8th house represents partner's money and joint finances.

11th house perhaps is not as easily understood which I would like to explore more. 11th house is the house of Friends, hope and fortunes. I have heard that your actual income will depending on the condition of 11th house and it's ruler and aspects with other planets...and 11th house is the opposite of 5th house which rules earning from gambling and or investment?

dhundhun

11th house perhaps is not as easily understood which I would like to explore more. 11th house is the house of Friends, hope and fortunes. I have heard that your actual income will depending on the condition of 11th house and it's ruler and aspects with other planets...and 11th house is the opposite of 5th house which rules earning from gambling and or investment?

11th house is 2nd to 10th, so it is representation of wealth through Job/career. This is basically what your employer gets by employing you. In case of self employed, it is self earning.

In Vedic Astrology, 11th house is income house.

poyi

Premium Member
11th house is 2nd to 10th, so it is representation of wealth through Job/career. This is basically what your employer gets by employing you. In case of self employed, it is self earning.

In Vedic Astrology, 11th house is income house.

In that case...12th is the second house of 11th would that means the wealth of 11th house? Since 8th is also the second house of 7th which is other people possessions, your spouse's possessions.

5th is the second house of the 4th your wealth from home and family which is your children, the "Product" of haha!

4th is the house of deepest unconsiousness...so 5th is the expression of your inner being???

I just can't help but love this wheel (horoscope) :)

My 11th is empty house in Cancer sign and the ruler is in 5th opposites to 11th. In 11th house, I have part of fortune. I have to say that I earn my income by mothering, nurturing others (registered nurse) how interesting this career is being expressed in a chart in such a manner!!

Last edited:

JerryRR

The 11th is the place of Good Spirit,opposes the place of Good Fortune,5th House,Jupiter in its Joy in 11th.
11th place of commerce and longevity according to Al Biruni.

Robert Pelletier wrote an interesting book about the Derivative Houses and how to employ them with the natal chart.

J.R.

poyi

Premium Member
The 11th is the place of Good Spirit,opposes the place of Good Fortune,5th House,Jupiter in its Joy in 11th.
11th place of commerce and longevity according to Al Biruni.

Robert Pelletier wrote an interesting book about the Derivative Houses and how to employ them with the natal chart.

J.R.

Thank you for your reply and suggestion.

I am wondering POF in the 11th house in Cancer due to being in water sign...it also trines all my Scorpio signs Pluto, Saturn, Sun and Mercury in the 3rd house in whole sign system or both 2nd and 3rd in Placius system. Do you know any book talk a outs aspect of POF and planets or houses? I bought some books on Amazon still waiting for delivery!!!

JUPITERASC

Do you know any book talk about aspect of POF and planets or houses? I bought some books on Amazon still waiting for delivery!!!
poyi, fwiw Culpeper and dr. farr have some useful advice re: PoF aspects :smile:

The Part of Fortune and other Parts/Lots do not cast aspects. However, real planets can aspect a part.

No matter what the aspect, the benefics strengthen the Part of Fortune and the malefics weaken it. Mercury with a benefic planet is itself benefic. The dispositor of the Part is also important more so than an aspect. An aspect between Part of Fortune and ascendent does not signify much unless there are also planets directly involved in the aspect
Historically, if the POF, Moon and Saturn are all in the same sign, they would be considered in conjunction together (regardless of the degrees which might separate them)

The Lots cast no rays, however the symbolic geometric relationships involving the Lots do indicate important influences, when properly understood.

I myself only consider planets conjunct (or parallel) the reference Lot as having inter-relationship with that Lot; however, points of space to points of space I do consider under the + or - of their geometric relationships: thus I would consider POF (a point of space) trine (by either degree or sign) to the ascendant (another point of space) to indicate a + relationship involving the matters connected with each.

JerryRR

Hi Poyi,
I recommend "The Arabic Parts in Astrology" by Robert Zoller.This book covers how to apply them,their metaphysical basis and contains natal and mundane examples.

Joseph Crane's book "Astrological Roots" looks at the Hellenistic Lots,chapter 6.

If you are interested in Karmic Astrology,Martin Schulman's Vol III,Joy and Part of Fortune.
"The pot of gold at the end of this rainbow is the joy received by being a privileged participant in the birth process which occurs in all of nature and the mind.Joy results also from the nourishment of all things that are in need of tender care so that they develop and flourish.As one watches the growth of that which has sprung from within,there is great fulfillment in knowing one is a real part of the foundation of life."
POF in Cancer. M Schulman.

J.R.

CapAquaPis

The 8th and 11th are cultivation of the spirit: the houses of sex(uality), birth, puberty blossoms to adulthood, aging or the elderly, and death. The Scorpion and Water-carrier are both fixed signs, while the planets Saturn and Uranus (ruler of Aquarius, but Uranus has an affect on Scorpio plus Leo to some extent...and Saturn should affect Taurus) represents time and chronology, in addition to planning and invention of proposed projects.

poyi

Premium Member
Hi Poyi,
I recommend "The Arabic Parts in Astrology" by Robert Zoller.This book covers how to apply them,their metaphysical basis and contains natal and mundane examples.

Joseph Crane's book "Astrological Roots" looks at the Hellenistic Lots,chapter 6.

If you are interested in Karmic Astrology,Martin Schulman's Vol III,Joy and Part of Fortune.
"The pot of gold at the end of this rainbow is the joy received by being a privileged participant in the birth process which occurs in all of nature and the mind.Joy results also from the nourishment of all things that are in need of tender care so that they develop and flourish.As one watches the growth of that which has sprung from within,there is great fulfillment in knowing one is a real part of the foundation of life."

J.R.

I agree with you. My greatest joy is seeing the person that I look after, nurture is getting stronger and happier or when the time came, they can die in harmony.

In my Chinese horoscope, it shows a tendency that I might have difficult childbirth particularly the first daughter. If I have a daughter in the future. She would give me a lot of grief most likely due to illness, in extreme case even death of a first daughter. I remember when I analysis my detriment Moon in 5th house I remember it also suggested the same thing. In face reading, you can see in my Avatar, underneath my right eye, I have a tidy mole in the first part (divided in to 3 parts) which represents the first born, right side which represents the daughter, left sided=son. In Chinese face reading, eye's bag represents Offspring. The mole there is a symbol of Tear.

Interesting enough, in the Chinese horoscope indicated the best luck of my life is regarding to land and property particularly later in life. Which is similar to the interpretation of Jupiter in Sagittarius conjunct IC. The house/palace of property is the opposition of the house of Offspring, but in the Western chart, Jupiter is located at his friend's house, 4th naturally ruled by Moon. The house of property also represents the inner most quality of a person. When we examine a person's deepest personality (unconsciousness) we also look at this house.

In Western and Vedic astrology, 4th, 8th and 12th are the spiritual houses? The water houses right? If so, the material and spiritual wealth that indicated in the 4th houses would also have double meaning then?

poyi

Premium Member
Hi Poyi,

J.R.

Thanks J.R. !!:tongue:

I love books! I already have 9 books in hands and waiting for another 20 to arrive....yea...:andy:

I have already bought "The Arabic Parts in Astrology" by Robert Zoller!!! hahaha

I will have a look of the other two.

poyi

Premium Member
You mentioned Derivative Houses and it is a complex subject - while you wait for your books to arrive here is a helpful "Little Snippet On Derivative Houses" from Roy MacKinnon at http://www.bristolschoolofastrology.com/derivative_houses.87.html#Derivative%20houses :smile:

Thanks for the link! :)

I don't know why the Derivative house, 11th house is more mystical than 12th house to me :surprised:!! Yes Arabic part is not a planet so no aspect between parts and other planets. Sigh!! other than looking at Moon the cusp's ruler, I really don't have much clue!!

The only interesting thing is ruler of 11th in 5th house. Moon trine Mars 1st and Venus 2nd, sextile Mercury 3rd, square Pluto 3rd; also have some minors aspects semisquare Jupiter in 4th, semisextile Neptune in 4th, Sesquisquare both AC and MC. I know some of you don't use minor aspects even. I use them to explore personality mainly.

I reckon knowing what really fulfilled you in this life time is the MOST important data to examine in the whole horoscope.

I have a Moon in Capricorn, I don't like to waste time and energy to things that I am not destined to have and hold (some may want to argue about this attitude). I simply want to know what is given to me so I don't mess things around!

People always ask about love relationship, having children, career, money, how and when they will receive such blessings or remedy to improve. But I have the attitude of knowing what is already given and what is indicated in the chart that is not meant to be yours in this life time. Basically, I have an attitude of not to have false hope when it already said No in the chart. I rather enjoy what I have and not to jealous or hold rage when I don't have what other people have. I understood that life is not perfect BUT we all have our hidden treasures!! So here I am doing the digging! :lol:

Last edited:

SniperBomber328

If I'm correct, the succeedant houses all concern material wealth. The 2nd house is the material wealth one earns, as well the manner of living. The 5th house concerns children's wealth and wealth through creativity. The 8th house concerns spouse's wealth, others' wealth and inheritence. Last but not least, the 11th house concerns friends wealth as well income. The PoF and Jupiter are also indicators of material wealth, and possibly Mercury and the Moon.

For Spiritual Wealth, the 9th and (too many of this era) the 12th house are good for spirituality. Some also add the consider the 8th and 4th houses since they deal with the subconcious. Jupiter, the Sun and the PoS are all good indicators for spiritual wealth.

I dunno where Venus, Mars and Saturn fall in all this, but if many are correct, then Saturn shoulr also have to do with Spiritual Wealth as well the S. Node and N. Node. Well more in the sense of educating your morals and learning from past mistakes.

In regards to the Outers, I can only guess they all have to do witj Spiritual and Material Wealth.

poyi

Premium Member
If I'm correct, the succeedant houses all concern material wealth. The 2nd house is the material wealth one earns, as well the manner of living. The 5th house concerns children's wealth and wealth through creativity. The 8th house concerns spouse's wealth, others' wealth and inheritence. Last but not least, the 11th house concerns friends wealth as well income. The PoF and Jupiter are also indicators of material wealth, and possibly Mercury and the Moon.

For Spiritual Wealth, the 9th and (too many of this era) the 12th house are good for spirituality. Some also add the consider the 8th and 4th houses since they deal with the subconcious. Jupiter, the Sun and the PoS are all good indicators for spiritual wealth.

I dunno where Venus, Mars and Saturn fall in all this, but if many are correct, then Saturn shoulr also have to do with Spiritual Wealth as well the S. Node and N. Node. Well more in the sense of educating your morals and learning from past mistakes.

In regards to the Outers, I can only guess they all have to do witj Spiritual and Material Wealth.

Thanks for your reply. :smile: Everyone has something in their chart to be joyful about. We are all very Rich:p in our own way!!

What happens when PoS conjunct Sun and Mercury in 3rd house? I can't find information about PoS in detail....But I am really fascinated about the Arabic parts! I also have Part of Nemesis in 5th which is similar to Saturn?

"Nemesis becomes a contributing cause of subterranean fates and of everything which is ice-cold, of demonstration, impotence, exile, destruction, grief, and quality of death." -- Paulus Alexandrinus

Opposed

Poyi, thanks for this.

I've always found my Moon in 2nd House the most difficult to understand. In research I've just heard about money fluctuation and being close to my possessions but never knew it was linked with self-esteem too. I did have quite a massive money drop this year where I had to learn some lessons about watching how I spend, up until then I've always been known as being extra good with money and always saving. Being without money for a while made me realise how much money meant to me I was so cranky and on edge, I didn't feel comfortable. Then when I began earning again it made me realise how much more at ease I was knowing I had it again. I don't know if it's just the Moon in 2nd house placement or if any other factors add to this.

poyi

Premium Member
Poyi, thanks for this.

I've always found my Moon in 2nd House the most difficult to understand. In research I've just heard about money fluctuation and being close to my possessions but never knew it was linked with self-esteem too. I did have quite a massive money drop this year where I had to learn some lessons about watching how I spend, up until then I've always been known as being extra good with money and always saving. Being without money for a while made me realise how much money meant to me I was so cranky and on edge, I didn't feel comfortable. Then when I began earning again it made me realise how much more at ease I was knowing I had it again. I don't know if it's just the Moon in 2nd house placement or if any other factors add to this.

I am glad to hear this thread helping you to get some understandings of your own chart. My purpose is to explore and to help both myself and people interested to understand "Wealth" in all forms more. My goal is to help people to understand there is always something good in our chart for us to explore. No need to feel depressed, since we all have our own hidden treasures to discover and to develop.

Perhaps because Moon represents our emotions, security; Moon rules Cancer and 4th house which represents your root the fundamental security. Moon locates in your 2nd house, the house of all kind of wealth and attitude toward your possession. Should we say your security based on money and possession without them, you are more emotional then other people? Most of us will loss our sense of security when we are out of job and without income. But to you would that be more extreme?

But then we need to look at the cusp sign and ruler of this house where it is located. I also remember the planets in 2nd house will tell us how we handle or spend our money. Do you use them on your mother, woman or family in general more? Since Moon represent mainly the mother and in some case female in our life.

I would like to share with you that the GREATEST wealth in a human's life is FAITH. We all have ups and downs, everyone suffer at some point in time, physically, materially, mentally, socially and spiritually. But how do we deal with these sufferings. They are unavoidable so we must conquer them! With what? we only need one weapon which is FAITH itself. It is faith keeping us alive.

Look at your Mars, he is your Will power and initiation; Jupiter is your faith and optimism. Look at their signs, condition and understand their unique strengths so as weaknesses. Use them wisely, so you shall overcome challenges in life.

As you can see I am a great believer of both light and darkness co-exist, and I believed that each warrior carry their own weapon to fight back!! Look carefully to discover your own talents.

Last edited: