Creating a human personality

zoumizzouzou

Has anyone ever tried to "create" their child's personality based on astrological aspects? Ex: You want a scorpio child so you try to get pregnant in January/February, then you look at the possible due date of said child. You cast a chart, looking at times for rising signs, aspects and planetary positions (depending on time and year). Or have you tried to make a chart with the most "favorable" aspects, and tried to aim to have a child born during said time? Like having favorable planets in II house to indicate wealth, or having Venus and/or Mars in VII so they could have nice/favorable relationships/marriage...?

chris10

Has anyone ever tried to "create" their child's personality based on astrological aspects? Ex: You want a scorpio child so you try to get pregnant in January/February, then you look at the possible due date of said child. You cast a chart, looking at times for rising signs, aspects and planetary positions (depending on time and year). Or have you tried to make a chart with the most "favorable" aspects, and tried to aim to have a child born during said time? Like having favorable planets in II house to indicate wealth, or having Venus and/or Mars in VII so they could have nice/favorable relationships/marriage...?

I think this raises a morality issue.
It feels like manipulation.
I believe each soul "chooses" a chart to be born into so that,
that particular soul will experience the lessons that will need to be learnt.
Why try to change that?

just my two cents though

God bless you

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle
Plato
Matt. 7:1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.”
John 8:7 “Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.”

Saturnian

I thought this was listed in one of the DON'Ts of astrology.
Let alone that you can't actually control that sort of thing.I was supposed to be born late January but I came out 15 days earlier.So the same could happen in each case.Or even 2 months earlier.
From there on,how can you make sure that person will act on the positives of the chart?Is that something that can be "controlled"?After the birth there's a whole nature vs nurture thing you have to deal...so pretty much it's unpredictable.It's like plans...do they always work they way you want them?Nope

zoumizzouzou

I thought this was listed in one of the DON'Ts of astrology.
Let alone that you can't actually control that sort of thing.I was supposed to be born late January but I came out 15 days earlier.So the same could happen in each case.Or even 2 months earlier.
From there on,how can you make sure that person will act on the positives of the chart?Is that something that can be "controlled"?After the birth there's a whole nature vs nurture thing you have to deal...so pretty much it's unpredictable.It's like plans...do they always work they way you want them?Nope

Yes, I know this may not work, seeing as we live our charts through other people, and it depends on their placements too. Its just a thought if someone has actually tried to do this...

zoumizzouzou

Why try to change that?

just my two cents though

God bless you

I'm gonna try to make this as nice as possible because I don't want to offend you. I'm Atheist, so seeing this as a morality issue doesn't really speak to me, but yes, this is manipulation. As for someone choosing their chart, yes babies come when they feel like coming (too bad docs in my area now more than ever are pushing C-section like its candy :sad: ).

JUPITERASC

zoumizzouzou apparently, according to this source: http://www.moonsigncalendar.net/plannedChild.htm

“The moon can influence the sex of a child, depending if it is fathered on a male or a female day. A child, who is fathered on a day, when the moon stands in female sign, (Taurus, Cancer, Virgin, Scorpion, Aries, Pisces) tends to be a girl, a child, who is fathered on a male day (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, Aquarius) tends to be a boy :smile:

zoumizzouzou

zoumizzouzou apparently, according to this source: http://www.moonsigncalendar.net/plannedChild.htm

“The moon can influence the sex of a child, depending if it is fathered on a male or a female day. A child, who is fathered on a day, when the moon stands in female sign, (Taurus, Cancer, Virgin, Scorpion, Aries, Pisces) tends to be a girl, a child, who is fathered on a male day (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, Aquarius) tends to be a boy :smile:

I have read this too! I also wonder if it works...? Another astrological birth thing I wonder about is if a Scorpio is born a person in that family will die a year before to a year after the Scorpio child's birth. The many wonders of astrology :lol:

Moog

Are you talking about the conception date?

JUPITERASC

Are you talking about the conception date?
The theory on the link I gave refers to the date of conception. Obviously in that sense there is a potential choice of which sign the potential child may be IF born (as planned) at 'full gestation' :smile:

Saturnian

I'm gonna try to make this as nice as possible because I don't want to offend you. I'm Atheist, so seeing this as a morality issue doesn't really speak to me, but yes, this is manipulation. As for someone choosing their chart, yes babies come when they feel like coming (too bad docs in my area now more than ever are pushing C-section like its candy :sad: ).
Yes but that doesn't stop you from having your own moral code and limits.
Or call them ethics.
As far as science goes now,which is consisted of atheists for the most part,there is this thing called bioethics for a reason.Because we cannot afford to have crazy scientists running experiments of any kind(which is no always in favor of humanity).
There are also more specific ethics regarding the medical world: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_ethics#Values_in_medical_ethics

A baby is a human being,therefore it is entitled to all of the rights the rest of us have.Now whether you wanna "experiment" on it,it is up to you or anyone.But you should be responsible of the consequences that follow.
What you are describing is very alike the cloning debate.Mostly concerning the part where you get to choose "how to make the baby" either look or behave.
Simply in this case you do it in a different way.Not sure if it'd be as accurate but it does raise many questions.

zoumizzouzou

Yes but that doesn't stop you from having your own moral code and limits.
Or call them ethics.
As far as science goes now,which is consisted of atheists for the most part,there is this thing called bioethics for a reason.Because we cannot afford to have crazy scientists running experiments of any kind(which is no always in favor of humanity).
There are also more specific ethics regarding the medical world: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_ethics#Values_in_medical_ethics

A baby is a human being,therefore it is entitled to all of the rights the rest of us have.Now whether you wanna "experiment" on it,it is up to you or anyone.But you should be responsible of the consequences that follow.
What you are describing is very alike the cloning debate.Mostly concerning the part where you get to choose "how to make the baby" either look or behave.
Simply in this case you do it in a different way.Not sure if it'd be as accurate but it does raise many questions.

I for one am not against cloning nor do I care if scientists want to try it or not. I do know for a fact that you can determine physical traits by IVF, doctors/scientists look for hair color, eye color, height, ect. determined by the genetic makeup of the sperm/egg. As for an ethical issue, I don't care if someone wants to try these methods or not. I honestly thought about trying them myself, especially the Moon phases one, because I'd like my first child to be a girl, and the "conception" method to get a solar Scorpio child.

Zuri

A few months, I had asked a similar question on this board. Personally, I don't see the problem in trying to maximize your child's chart. It's not immoral to seek the best circumstances for your child. Had my parents been astro-aware, perhaps I wouldn't have been born under Saturn retrograde, Venus retrograde, with my Moon square Saturn/Venus/Neptune making two stressful T-squares, Venus opposition Saturn, and Jupiter opposition Saturn. Plus, being born on the Last Quarter Moon, which further deepens the depressive indicators in my chart.

If and when I have a child, I will do everything that I can to prevent him/her from having as difficult of a natal chart as I've got. Obviously, I can't completely control his/her birth. However, I would have some control over conception and could likely schedule a C-section to maximize his/her birth date and time as much as possible. I will definitely avoid conception periods that would put his/her birth date within three months of a Venus or Saturn retrograde! I'll avoid those two like the plague, because it's been disastrous in my own life. I don't want my child to suffer like that.

zoumizzouzou

A few months, I had asked a similar question on this board. Personally, I don't see the problem in trying to maximize your child's chart. It's not immoral to seek the best circumstances for your child. Had my parents been astro-aware, perhaps I wouldn't have been born under Saturn retrograde, Venus retrograde, with my Moon square Saturn/Venus/Neptune making two stressful T-squares, Venus opposition Saturn, and Jupiter opposition Saturn. Plus, being born on the Last Quarter Moon, which further deepens the depressive indicators in my chart.

If and when I have a child, I will do everything that I can to prevent him/her from having as difficult of a natal chart as I've got. Obviously, I can't completely control his/her birth. However, I would have some control over conception and could likely schedule a C-section to maximize his/her birth date and time as much as possible. I will definitely avoid conception periods that would put his/her birth date within three months of a Venus or Saturn retrograde! I'll avoid those two like the plague, because it's been disastrous in my own life. I don't want my child to suffer like that.

You make a good point. All my Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn aspects are negative. I was born with four retrograde planets (Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto). And I was born during a waning Moon. :sideways:

chris10

Why try to change that?

just my two cents though

God bless you

zoumizzouzou:

First of all, my best friend is Atheist and she's the most moral person I've ever met.

Secondly, thank you for starting this thread, it has helped me on a paper I'm preparing.

Thirdly, no, you ... haven't offended me... :smile:
I was just expressing my personal opinion. :smile:
Sorry ....

It's probably my pluto conjuct ASC ... again... maybe I come on too strong and people "get" me wrong....

Sorry zoumizzouzou :innocent:

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle
Plato

Matt. 7:1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.”
John 8:7 “Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.”

Last edited:

tokyo.lights

I've thought about avoiding having a child with the same Saturn as me ( supposedly the worst placement for Saturn according to Liz Greene:bandit:), I just don't want them going through what I went through lol:sideways: Other than that, no. They are bound to end up with some horrendous aspects one way or another, I'd go crazy trying to pick a date. I would be totally okay with having a Pisces baby though!:lol:

JUPITERASC

I've thought about avoiding having a child with the same Saturn as me ( supposedly the worst placement for Saturn according to Liz Greene:bandit:), I just don't want them going through what I went through lol:sideways: Other than that, no. They are bound to end up with some horrendous aspects one way or another, I'd go crazy trying to pick a date. I would be totally okay with having a Pisces baby though!:lol:
That's why astrologers who are knowledgeable regarding these matters are frequently consulted :smile: