A Discussion Thread About Racism in America

Sagcap88

Whew great! Thanks for wholehearthy advice. Appriciate it!

You’re welcome. Feel free to private message me if you want to talk further. I’d love to help. You got my private message I assume?

I would be categorized as trad based on my characteristics. But I don’t label myself that. I know a lot about it, though.

Edit: you might also meet a nice girl in a library — that’s another place I’d try

Last edited:

david starling

You’re welcome. Feel free to private message me if you want to talk further. I’d love to help. You got my private message I assume?

I would be categorized as trad based on my characteristics. But I don’t label myself that. I know a lot about it, though.

Edit: you might also meet a nice girl in a library — that’s another place I’d try

SagCap, are you tropical or sidereal when referring to your placements?

SunConjunctUranus

When you are the victim of prejudice, one reaction is to sooth your injured pride by becoming prejudiced. I was unaware Magic had a problem in that area though. If so, he hides it well.

Are you being prejudice because you were Detroiter? Or came from around community of ethnic background that endured the absolute type of slavery and persecution in the U.S?

david starling

Are you being prejudice because you were Detroiter? Or came from around community of ethnic background that endured the absolute type of slavery and persecution in the U.S?

I never experienced it. I was on friendly terms, racially speaking. But police were definitely known as prejudiced and aggressive when Magic was a boy. There were extremely violent riots in downtown Detroit in 1967 and '68. Depends on the neighborhoods you grew up in. These were the years of Motown, which appealed to all races. It's said that the Detroit Tigers winning the Pennant, and then the World Series helped calm things down. The Tigers are immensely popular across racial lines, and sports is the best integrator.

Last edited:

david starling

There were LOTS of well-paying jobs in the automobile industry, so unemployment wasn't a big issue. You had to be able to dance, and to style, if you wanted to be "with it".

JUPITERASC

There were LOTS of well-paying jobs in the automobile industry, so
unemployment wasn't a big issue.
You had to be able to dance, and to style, if you wanted to be "with it".

hqdefault.jpg

CapAquaPis

Unfortunately, millions of people believe in racism, as well in radical religion, communism and the paranormal like UFOs and extraterrestrial life. Personally, I don't believe in racism, communism and radical religion. I have an interest in the UFO phenomena and of course, astrology, but taken with a grain of salt. We shouldn't judge people really by their sun sign like with skin color, we need to value people as equals regardless of how they look or how they (or in this case, when they) were born.