Can a relationship work with a bad synastry but good Composite?

ElenaJ

The composite is a snapshot, a quick look, at the relationship itself.
It cannot replace the synastry, but can only give an idea of how the synastry aspects work out when the two are together.
Because the composite consists of midpoints, it could happen that these midpoints are between two planets in square or two planets in trine, for example, which are quite different.
And it can also happen that several stressful aspects in the synastry come out as easy aspects in the composite. This just shows that the combination of aspects in the synastry can be worked out, but it does not mean that the relationship will be a smoother one.

ChildOfVenus

The composite is a snapshot, a quick look, at the relationship itself.
It cannot replace the synastry, but can only give an idea of how the synastry aspects work out when the two are together.
Because the composite consists of midpoints, it could happen that these midpoints are between two planets in square or two planets in trine, for example, which are quite different.
And it can also happen that several stressful aspects in the synastry come out as easy aspects in the composite. This just shows that the combination of aspects in the synastry can be worked out, but it does not mean that the relationship will be a smoother one.

I'm just trying to understand why this guy likes me so much when we have bad synastry. My Pluto conjuncts his Sun, Mars, and IC so I think that's the reason. I told him I thought he was just sexually attracted to me. Because those aspects are basically about sex but he says he likes me.

IleneK

Premium Member
If the synastry is poor, the composite cannot overcome that, since the composite is derived from the two natals.
But also,
if the guy is very sexually attracted to you, due to your Pluto to his Sun/Mars, then he may be totally entranced by you and willing to say anything, including that he likes you a lot, in order to be able to have sex with you. He may be so overpowered by Pluto to Sun/Mars that he can't even see or feel the negative aspects in synastry between you.
That is how hormones work, esp [but not exclusively or always] with guys.

Last edited:

ChildOfVenus

If the synastry is poor, the composite cannot overcome that, since the composite is derived from the two natals.
But also,
if the guy is very sexually attracted to you, due to your Pluto to his Sun/Mars, then he may be totally entranced by you and willing to say anything, including that he likes you a lot, in order to be able to have sex with you. He may be so overpowered by Pluto to Sun/Mars that he can't even see or feel the negative aspects in synastry between you.
That is how hormones work, esp [but not exclusively or always] with guys.

This is the composite and synastry chart.

7ngyJqsm_t.png

4oA0QQXx_t.png

ElenaJ

Yes, in the synastry most of the energies are really not interacting well.
Remember when you do the chart to insert also the south moon's node. If you do you'll see in the composite that mars is exactly conjunct south node, that reflects the actual argumentative nature, and the sexual pull of the relationship.
In the composite Venus/jupiter with a sextile of mars is very positive, as is moon sextile sun/mercury.
The Neptune/saturn/uranus shows all the conflicting energies bundled together.

ChildOfVenus

Yes, in the synastry most of the energies are really not interacting well.
Remember when you do the chart to insert also the south moon's node. If you do you'll see in the composite that mars is exactly conjunct south node, that reflects the actual argumentative nature, and the sexual pull of the relationship.
In the composite Venus/jupiter with a sextile of mars is very positive, as is moon sextile sun/mercury.
The Neptune/saturn/uranus shows all the conflicting energies bundled together.

So this would only be good for a sexual relationship then?

JUPITERASC

Assuming times of birth are reliable :smile:
then
notice that the two MOONS ARE TRINE - that's good potential
The suns are in aversion aka disjunct - that's not good
HOWEVER
BOTH SUNS ARE RULED BY THE SAME RULER - MARS
and
THE ASCENDANTS ARE BOTH FIRE SIGNS and therefore trine - that's good potential
that's skimming the surface - check aspects and rulerships
of planets aspecting Sun/Moon/Ascendant rulers

synastry chart.

4oA0QQXx_t.png

waybread

Your synastry isn't the best of the best, but your moons are trined, which gives some emotional compatibility and feeling "at home" with the other person.

ChildOfVenus

then
HOWEVER
and

Taurus is ruled by Venus and the other person is Ascendant in Scorpio.

sea_of_qi

I agree the Synastry has challenges. Perhaps you should think about how you feel when you are with this person and compare that to previous partners then compare the various charts to separate your personal wheat from the chaff.

That said, two together are more than the sum of their parts! Perfection is a chimera that too many waste good time chasing. The composite does indicate great sex (very tight sextile Venus/Jupiter conjunction to mars) among other great things. The neighbors will not appreciate the cries of ecstasy. As far as the South Node conjunct Mars some say a certain amount of tension is necessary.

Evaluate your own natal promise for what relationships can offer you in this life, then look at his and imagine what it feels like when you are together. If you haven't spent much time together, then spend more time together. Nothing makes astrology more meaningful than experiencing it!

Disclaimer: I'm a hopeless romantic for a good Composite!

ChildOfVenus

I agree the Synastry has challenges. Perhaps you should think about how you feel when you are with this person and compare that to previous partners then compare the various charts to separate your personal wheat from the chaff.

That said, two together are more than the sum of their parts! Perfection is a chimera that too many waste good time chasing. The composite does indicate great sex (very tight sextile Venus/Jupiter conjunction to mars) among other great things. The neighbors will not appreciate the cries of ecstasy. As far as the South Node conjunct Mars some say a certain amount of tension is necessary.

Evaluate your own natal promise for what relationships can offer you in this life, then look at his and imagine what it feels like when you are together. If you haven't spent much time together, then spend more time together. Nothing makes astrology more meaningful than experiencing it!

Disclaimer: I'm a hopeless romantic for a good Composite!

So far the best sex I've ever had is with this Virgo guy. Our synastry and Composite are bad but the Saturn aspects are really like glue for us. It's so hard for me to stop talking to him. I just think I feel comfortable with him he's like family to me.

VrFo769S_o.png

058poqti_o.png

ElenaJ

Mars trine mars/pluto, sun opposite Venus are very nice to have between friends and lovers.
Over time, however, the moon on Uranus/saturn will take its toll. Emotional moon wants acceptance, even in flirty sagittarius, but instead finds a stone wall or an unreliable partner. Squaring Venus, it blows hot and cold, between ecstasy and turn-offs.
Neptune opposite mars is fascinating at first, but then becomes cloudy, weak and unreliable too.
Saturn square mercury/jupiter puts a damper on communication between you two.
Sun opposite mercury/uranus repeats the theme of unreliability, not being there when the other needs it.
Note his moon not integrated in the charts, uninvolved emotionally in the relationship.
These are all present in the composite with infatuated Neptune opposite Venus, full of illusions that will dissipate with time, mercury/moon is communication and opposes sun and while this is not negative in itself it adds to the general picture of lack of harmony and understanding between you two. Plus this opposition squares powerful compulsive pluto on the ascendent, controlling and tyrannical.
Seeing this synastry and the other one, it looks as though maybe you are evaluating your partners on their sexual compatibility, but there is a lot more to consider in the relationship. The sex wears off with time and routine, and then you want a reliable, understanding, loving partner that you can talk to about what is in your heart. Try to look for these qualities in your next one.

ChildOfVenus

The Virgo and I have been involved for 5 years. We have 4th house overlays hence the reason why he feels like family to me. He trusts me and I’ve been there for him financially. Regardless of my Saturn being on his Moon and Venus I care about him. I am aware of how Saturn can be cold but I think I’ve become better with not being that way towards him. He and I are friends though but he knows that I’ll be there for him even if it’s not physically. I have actually considered relocating to be closer to him but he’s a free spirit. I honestly don’t think I’ll ever be able to end things with him. I’ve talked to and been involved with other guys but I still can’t forget about him. I agree that sex isn’t as important as communication in regards to having a relationship.

ElenaJ

The Virgo and I have been involved for 5 years. We have 4th house overlays hence the reason why he feels like family to me. He trusts me and I’ve been there for him financially. Regardless of my Saturn being on his Moon and Venus I care about him. I am aware of how Saturn can be cold but I think I’ve become better with not being that way towards him. He and I are friends though but he knows that I’ll be there for him even if it’s not physically. I have actually considered relocating to be closer to him but he’s a free spirit. I honestly don’t think I’ll ever be able to end things with him. I’ve talked to and been involved with other guys but I still can’t forget about him. I agree that sex isn’t as important as communication in regards to having a relationship.

Saturn is also responsibility, reliability, stability. It is the parent acting towards their offspring in a helpful teaching way.

JUPITERASC

synastry chart.

4oA0QQXx_t.png
then
HOWEVER
and
for clarity I shall not edit the above

Taurus is ruled by Venus and the other person is Ascendant in Scorpio.
THE TWO ASCENDANTS LEO AND SCORPIO ARE SQUARE then :smile:

Leo ascendant ruler Aries Sun is in aversion/disjunct
to Scorpio ascendant ruler Scorpio Mars assembled with Scorpio Sun Mercury assembly
Aries and Scorpio suns are disjunct/in aversion BUT both are ruled by Mars
the upper portion of the synastry chart is snipped/invisible
BUT IT SEEMS THAT THE TWO MARS ARE ALSO IN AVERSION/DISJUNCT
and so regarding this partially obscured synasty chart
Aquarius Moon trine Libra Moon appears the least challenging aspect
nevertheless check aspects between ruler of Libra Venus
and ruler of Aquarius Saturn