why did my engagement break up?

tiny

Dear all, thank you in advance for taking the time to read my chart.
I am now 34 years old and would like to know why I have had difficulty in getting married, if/when I will get married according to my natal AND D-9 chart. I was engaged in Oct 2011, but it was called off in May 2012.

I am also trying to learn astrology and was wondering if someone can tell me what is the significance of combust jupiter (signifying husband) in the 9th house of my natal chart - both sun and jupiter are at approx 24 degrees gemini. Also Ketu is at approx 5 degrees in Pisces in my 6th house, which means that most of the body of ketu is in the 7th house!!! Does this mean marriage is denied?

Thanks again!

Born 10 July 1978; 13:50; Mumbai, India
(Currently living in London, UK)

kimbermoon

As we see from the chart there is a lot of counter-active energies at play, enough to set up a great deal of imbalance between you. Are there perhaps cultural or religious issues involved, due to you being away from your homeland? Moon in Capricorn depicts 'emotional repression' or limitations: this might involve problems in communication and an inequality of maturity. Perhaps the situation could involve a breech of trust, or 'dishonesty' [ fidelity and honor are important to you and disrespect is not taken well] Your personal relationship chemistry is quite polarized : it would appear that he likely does not fulfill your personal needs or meet your expectations. An involvement with dependency issues on your part may have been problematic. Were you feeling disappointed or disenchanted in this relationship? He may not be suited to provide for your emotional needs, and this can be a distancing factor. Your own Mars in Cancer is in detriment and working through the energy of Capricorn; you may be personally dealing with emotional repression, or depressive tendencies, and a definite sense of something lacking in the relationship. What do you feel is lacking? Were there dependency issues involved? Perhaps you were too domestically oriented for his liking. I personally believe that the loss of trust and respect are sure signs that the relationship is not being beneficial. It seems likely that one or the other was also feeling their creativity being stifled.

As per the outcome: Saturn says it is an issue of independence and individuality, whereby you are undergoing a process of re-identification in the next two years. As such your needs and desires may be changing quite a bit at this time. Uranus transiting the 5th house can indicate relational upheavals that can seem quite sudden or unexpected: the need for freedom in the relationship is high. I believe you may be experiencing the lessons of 'emotional detachment' and separation, things that you must learn to accept. On the surface, I do not see any overt indications of a re-union at this time, if you have the self-empowerment to let it go and look further for a more suitable connection. Saturn is opening a new cycle of release and new beginnings, and it would appear from this reading that it is indeed time to let go and move on in your life. These are my impressions of the current transits and their affect on your natal birth chart. A more detailed analysis of your 7th and 5th energies could be helpful in answering your specific question about marriage. :lol:

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

You were engaged in the Mahadasha of Mars, Anterdasha of Ketu both are placed at the distance of 8-6 house. Pratyanter dasha was Rahu.
Rahu, unconditional karak for the relationship, has given engagement.
Engagement break-up in the period of Mars-Venus. Venus is lord of eighth house, so has given disturbance in engagement.
At the time of engagement, sixth house and Ketu was involved and at the time of break up eighth house was involved.
In Navmansha chart, Venus is placed in sixth house and is malefic. That's why there was break-up.

tiny

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Does combust Jupiter (signifying husband) being combust mean that I will never get married?

gul

plz someone help me ... my engagement got break after 3 yr of relation . and was about to married in december .
my dob - 18/11/1995
jambusar gujarat
time- 6-00 am
my partner dob -06/12/1989
gandevi gujrat
time - 11-00 am

mathur_dinesh

@Tiny:
“would like to know why I have had difficulty in getting married,…… I was engaged in Oct 2011, but it was called off in May 2012.”

The above have been your relevant observations. Marriage is seen from Aries in your chart which is the seventh house. Mars rules this house. Any obstruction to marriage will be seen from the twelfth house which is the sixth from the seventh.
Mars also owns the second house from the ascendant which is the eighth house from the seventh. Therefore with respect to the seventh house Mars is not innocent. It hides in its nature the tendency to create trouble, break and unhappiness (eighth house effects) relating to the house of marriage.
Now look at the conjunctions that Mars is forming. It joins Venus and therefore it is a staunch significator of marriage. It joins Saturn and therefore it is a staunch significator of the eighth house affairs (with respect to the seventh house). Hence Mars is undependable vis-à-vis the seventh house.
Mars joins Libra navamsha which is the ascendant in the birth chart. The rule rashi tulya navamsha is clear. We should take Mars to be in Libra in the birth chart. Therefore Mars will cause marriage after initial hiccups and disappointments.
You are currently in Rahu major-period. It is in Virgo in the twelfth house (sixth from the seventh). It is in a navamsha of Saturn. Therefore Rahu will basically give effects of Mercury and Saturn. Saturn is a yog karaka planet for the chart. It is placed in the eleventh house. Therefore Saturn is a favourable planet for you not withstanding its association with Mars. Mercury is definitely not favourable insofar as marriage is concerned. Therefore Rahu will cause obstructions and delay in marriage.
Rahu has cleared Cancer after a sojourn of 18 months over natal Mercury. Delays and obstructions in marriage. It has come to Gemini where it remains till 20/September/2020. This does not cause marriage being in a sign of Mercury. It then moves to Taurus where you should look forward to getting married after some minor delays.
The karaka for marriage is Venus. The karaka for husband is Jupiter.
This is a prospective analysis. Therefore break up happening ten years ago has not been considered. The question whether marriage is possible and if yes when is addressed.

Last edited:

bipkad

My engagement recently broke up. Can anyone analyze my horoscope ?
Any chance of patch up / reconciliation of existing match? If not, When will I get married ?

DOB : 9-jan-1986
Time : 16:05 pm , Sompeta Andhra Pradesh India
Dhanu : Moola