Aspects to Ascendant: Conjunctions and Parallels

Kannon

NOTE: Conjunctions within 3* of longitude and Parallels within 1* of declination will alter physical appearance, face, physiology. They will determine the fundamental constitution of the person along with the Ascendant sign.

SUN at the Asc creates a body that can be larger or sturdier than normal for its sign and a personality that wants the spotlight, to be on display or perform. At its height, there can be an Apollonian beauty or stature. There is a self-importance that desires to be at the center of things. Generally, it gives physical strength, stature, even athleticism. Physical issues can show up in heart, blood system or spine.

MOON at the Asc puts feeling and rhythm into the person. This is a personality with soul. This necessarily takes on physical expression, at least part of the time, inclining them to travel. These people will be inclined to music, rhythmic sports (like tennis), dance. They can be particularly in tune with the public, giving them notoriety. There is an instinctive need for change, variety, ebb-and-flow. The need to feel and receive is more pronounced than usual. Health issues can show up in the fluid and hormone systems of the body.

MERCURY is the messenger, and at the Asc puts thought, intellect or communicative ability into the personality. Computer programmers, radio personalities, writers, speakers, etc. Height is almost always increased over average or the sign. The nervous system may display greater sensitivity, depending on the sign and there is an active search for knowledge and interaction, travel, etc. The need to contemplate or communicate is more pronounced than usual.

VENUS is the planet of love, pleasure and beauty. These natives are more attractive and appealing than usual, or at least considered cute, but sometimes with a tendency to plump up a bit from enjoyment of life's leisurely pursuits. Venus brings out the most handsome or beautiful qualities associated with its sign, and the most considerate or kindest according to sign. Venus smoothes the lines and edges of any face from what is normal for the sign on the Ascendant. The height may decrease from average for the sign on the Ascendant.

MARS is the planet of action, energy, impetuousness and courage. There is an enjoyment of speed, athletics, competition, military, hunting, motorcycles and other things normally considered masculine. It nearly always brings accidents, injuries (especially to head or face), burns, puncture wounds, etc. There is a fighting spirit that can be applied gracefully or abrasively, depending on sign and aspects. There is often a ruddy complexion and/or reddish hair, as well as a sharp tongue or quick temper.

JUPITER is the expansive principle, ruler of all that is bright and at the Asc of one's birth chart gives added height and size, as well as added promise early in life. These people are jovial, vocal, with good humor, sociability and popularity with many pleasures and friends. There is a breezy friendliness about them, at least initially. There can also be a philosophical bent, giving good perspective on life to those around. Travel and variety in both people and experience is desired. Often dramatic tendencies are indicated if supported by aspects and sign. Generosity is notable, both with self and others. Circulatory and pancreatic issues, as well as weight gain can arise from overindulgence, but the health can repair easily with good measures. Far-sightedness is also common.

SATURN restrains and/or solidifies the body and personality when at the Asc. Often it means a smaller body than normal for one's family and Asc sign. Many are farmers or involved in agriculture in some way. There is a serious outlook, nearly the opposite of jovial, in which responsibility and obligation are put before pleasure. They are circumspect, cautious, conscientious, sometimes with serious health issues. The personality is sober and grounded to create a special type of leadership by example. Often they mature early but can also be delayed in discovering and expressing their particular talents. Will often have more the respect of their elders than their peers.

URANUS at the Asc creates something unusual in body or personality. There is distinction in talent or ideas or an unorthodox mindset, often both. Odd, unusual people, nerds, people whose foresight or intelligence surpasses their ability to communicate it. These people can be more advanced mentally, progressive, technological as inventors, engineers, scientists or working in radio, TV or internet. These people change the terms with which the rest of us understand and communicate about our world. Many of them will seem ahead of their time or discounted as revolutionaries.

NEPTUNE at the Asc creates a dreamer, visionary, artist, actor, illusionist, escapist, magician. A person with creative talent that, at its height, can mesmerize or inspire, and at its lowest can be filled with illusions and problems with drink, drugs, etc. Either type can be compassionate, sensitive and perceptive. There can be a special flair in the appearance or an extra quality of attractiveness that can be hard if not impossible to pinpoint. There is a love of color, visual arts, poetry, writing, music (especially stringed instruments). Sometimes psychic/intuitive faculties are enhanced noticeably and sensitivity is increased to create a shy person regardless of the sign on the Asc.

PLUTO at the Asc creates a person of depth and power who goes all the way with whatever they are and do. Resourcefulness and unrelenting determination are qualities that will be apparent. There is the capacity to rejuvenate, as they always keep something in reserve. However, they can be secretive, even unto themselves, with inability to compromise at times, creating a special kind of commmanding or intimidating persona. These people may operate with a different (but guarded) moral code because they will not allow spurious rules or traditions to prohibit their purpose. Even if not outwardly evident, these are people of great power - at least after middle age - and are great allies to have during tough times. There is often another side to these people that only those closest to them can see.

Pluto contra-parallel the Asc tends to create a shy, non-verbal person who feels everything around them intensely regardless of the sign that is on the Asc. They remain this way until they gather enough confidence and the sense that their power is equal to others.

CHIRON at the Asc at minimum creates flaws or weaknesses of physical constitution with health issues to deal with, but at its best creates a healer or teacher, whether artist, mystic, prophet, sorcerer or herbalist. The person may have maladies themselves that cannot be permanently remedied, making them more empathetic to those with serious problems, whether physical or psychological. There may be physical qualities suggestive of a satyr, with a lusty but pleasantly earthy nature, particularly for those of the earth signs. The hips or buttocks can be emphasized, even if the rest of the body is thin. The forest can feel like home, but they are not at their best in isolation, but with people around them. They can be natural gurus, teachers, tutors, great with children, patient and understanding. This quality may not be evident early in life, but will eventually develop.

NOTE: Planets actually in the 1st house when conjunct or parallel Asc will affect physical structure or be expressed through it. Planets actually in the 12th will be expressed through outward appearance that is taken on or affected in speech, dress, etc, because the effect is through the mind more than the body. Example: Adolph Hitler's unique mustache can be seen as an outward expression of Uranus near Asc, but in 12th house. The mustache did not grow that way but was trimmed in that manner and is a virtual identifying mark associated with Hitler.

Recommended reading: John Willner's The Rising Sign Problem.

Last edited:

Kannon

lacellrein,

The correct Asc sign always shows up. It is quite possible that you are actually Libra rising with Plutonian influence. I think since your Asc is "cuspy" you should have it rectified to ensure that you know the timing of your transits to the calculated points. 90% of charts have to be corrected more than just a couple degrees. If your chart is correct as is, then you'd have 4th-10th house matters as your life focus: using early life experiences or training to master your own life, own a business, build an empire, become a CEO, etc.

The key is first verifying the Asc sign.
Acendant Sign Descriptions

If your Asc is Scorpio with Pluto conjunct and/or Parallel, then you'd be pretty typical for Scorpio rising. Next identify if any aspect(s) to Asc fit you.

Tamara

i have pluto conj asc in scorpio and the description fits me..i also have two mates with sun on the asc and both of them have a little bit big head, round face and curly hair..they look really good!!!
my friend has mercury con asc in virgo and he`s got slim body, slim face..

Pisces-Leo-Leo

NOTE: Conjunctions within 3* of longitude and Parallels within 1* of declination will alter physical appearance, face, physiology. They will determine the fundamental constitution of the person along with the Ascendant sign.

Hi Kannon

can this also be conjunctions by degree (as well as sign)...?

Saturnian

Hm...I have many planets conjunct my Ascendant in Capricorn.
My Capricorn Ascendant is at 13 degress and those nearer to it are Sun in Capricorn 16 degrees.
Venus 14 degress and Mars 13 degrees.

The rest of the planets conjunct my Ascendant are farer but stil conjunct.
Mercury 18 degrees.
Uranus 21
Neptune 20

I wonder can you really see those planets influencing me?
I have pics if you'd be as kind as to tell me.
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab47/valeria_kitsune/IMG00009.jpg
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab47/valeria_kitsune/IMG00005b.jpg
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab47/valeria_kitsune/IMG00003-1.jpg
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab47/valeria_kitsune/IMG00006.jpg

Do my looks have anything to do with those 3 close planets conjunct my Ascendant?Or I look just like a Capricorn rising alone?

Athene

As i allready told to Kannon :
Depending on my energy state my appearence changes strongly, from a babyface that can get it's cigarets on the traffic without an ID(i'm almost 26 lol) to aging to an over 30 shape of someone you wouldnt really want to mess with.
I cant stop marveling over the regenerative potential of a Pluto rising :innocent: I have undeniable assurance, whole way down to the gut level that whatever 'dammaged' could be 'repared' without fail, but it requires a targeted, adequate approach in taking care of the problem and enormous faith, that is what set's in motion the regenerative flow :wink:

Athene

i change appearances as well. older/ younger and even masculine/ feminine.
Yes, egsactly :andy: But i wuldnt precisely put it in therms of appearence, i see it as a much more substantial mather. It all depends on the energy levels i have at my dispone. The feminine/masculine 'pivotality' in my chase think can be retraced within the Venus/Mars cj and Uranus squaring them both with the Moon too. But maybe isnt to wise to extent in such direction now :whistling:

Oren

URANUS at the Asc creates something unusual in body or personality. There is distinction in talent or ideas or an unorthodox mindset, often both. Odd, unusual people, nerds, people whose foresight or intelligence surpasses their ability to communicate it. These people can be more advanced mentally, progressive, technological as inventors, engineers, scientists or working in radio, TV or internet. These people change the terms with which the rest of us understand and communicate about our world. Many of them will seem ahead of their time or discounted as revolutionaries.
Color: pure green (100% saturation).
Metal: silicon, semiconductors.

I have uranus conjunct ascendent...
yes...I'm a nerd :lol:

Attachments

• astro-my chart.gif
    astro-my chart.gif
    50.7 KB · Views: 132

queenfluff

I have uranus conjunct ascendent...
yes...I'm a nerd :lol:

See? I told you Oren! Uranus Conjunct Asc = unique person! I like that description he put up. I like odder original looking people so good thing in my book! :)

haha! I like the metal for the Uranus conjunct asc. Silicon and Semiconductors! There must a lot of Uranus conjunct Ascendants working at Google! :)

Last edited:

queenfluff

NEPTUNE at the Asc creates a dreamer, visionary, artist, actor, illusionist, escapist, magician. A person with creative talent that, at its height, can mesmerize or inspire, and at its lowest can be filled with illusions and problems with drink, drugs, etc. Either type can be compassionate, sensitive and perceptive. There can be a special flair in the appearance or an extra quality of attractiveness that can be hard if not impossible to pinpoint. There is a love of color, visual arts, poetry, writing, music (especially stringed instruments).
Color: pure blue (100% saturation).
Metal: petroleum (rock oil).

Haha! Me, a dreamer an escapist - naw! Except I am not artist in the conventional sense and no drugs for me. This is me: " Either type can be compassionate, sensitive and perceptive. There can be a special flair in the appearance or an extra quality of attractiveness that can be hard if not impossible to pinpoint." :happy:

I do like blue but Petroleum ---- ewww!!! I am now responsible for global warming! :pouty:

I wonder how these descriptions might be altered depending on what your ascendant is. :unsure:

Oren

See? I told you Oren! Uranus Conjunct Asc = unique person! I like that description he put up. I like odder original looking people so good thing in my book! :)

haha! I like the metal for the Uranus conjunct asc. Silicon and Semiconductors! There must a lot of Uranus conjunct Ascendants working at Google! :)

yes :lol: I think I subconciously emphasize my oddness too considering how many "nerd" t-shirts I've collected :andy:...and my taurus venus is jealous of every single one of those people at Google!:pinched: haha

adrianastrologer

I have Saturn conjunct my ascendant. But can you really call it conjunct - it's practically on top of my ascendant. My ascendant is Taurus 14'22 and Saturn is 14'13, provided my birthtime is exact. (I'm not sure since it is 5:30 on my birth certificate, and I know some hospitals round off - still even if I'm a few minutes off, it's still a very tight conjunction.

Kannon

Adrian, the best way to confirm Asc and aspects to it is to work first with a broader persepective to see what Asc sign actually fits you. Ascendant Sign Descriptions
If Taurus, then watch transits of the fire planets through the area of your sign. Its easy to get confirmation of a narrow Asc arc (say a few degrees) by watching the Sun, Mars, or Jupiter transiting across or at angles to the Asc. Recently, a friend's chart that I'd rectified turned out to be within 1* once she described the timing of her 'second birthday' when the Sun passed over her Asc, which was 25* Scorpio, some 11* previous to the 11* Sag suggested by her birth time.

queenfluff, you may have Neptune in your 1st house, but probably not conjunct or parallel Asc.

Munch

Hey Kannon. I have one for you (actually a few). I have both Saturn and Jupiter at 9 degrees Libra and conjunct my ascendant. How do you see this playing itself out?

To make this even more interesting, I was trying to determine which planet is stronger and realized that both Jupiter and Venus disposit each other as my chart rulers (not a modernist) and that Saturn is exalted in Libra. Is this still a perfect balance?

Saturn is squaring my rather poorly placed Capricorn sun in the 4th as well. Does this influence my ascendant in any way? And a little off topic, I'm having trouble clarifying what it means when the sun's sign ruler is squaring it. Help?

I see it as Saturn simultaneously laying out the role which my sun is to play and then being an impossible to please director coming down on it's star pupil. Make sense?

I can not believe I didn't even say please. My most sincere apologies. Thank you Kannon. :)

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_lila_wilson_hw.55650.23635.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_lila_wilson_hw.55650.23635.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

fushiafairy

venus in 12th conjunct ascendant. Both in Virgo.

The statement above about venus conjunct asc. describes me.
Short, shorter than anyone in my family and shorter that doctors said I would be.
plump...well, at times i have been. I like my food, it comforts me. Mostly I am curvy though.
More appealling or attractive...why thank you...but I don't know about that. I have never been a raving beauty, but I have a certain quality, a blend of gaelic, fairy, and native american, that intrigues people.

Virgo rising...I look like a quiet mysterious librarian at times.

fushiafairy

What about a planet parallel the ascendant but not in the first house? I have chiron in the 9th parallel my ascendant. What Kannon posted about chiron and the ascendant is true for me in many ways. I have had health issues my whole life. I have been told twice by my doctor(for 2 different conditions) that i will be be in pain or sick my whole life:crying: I cant even tell you what that is like to hear in your 20s and again in your early 30s. seriously depressing. I do want to help people heal. I have great empathy for others and often take on their pain emotionally.

queenfluff

queenfluff, you may have Neptune in your 1st house, but probably not conjunct or parallel Asc.

Missed this before. I actually do have Neptune Conjunct my Ascendant (Scorpio) and yes, in my 1st house. :biggrin: (see chart)

(and oh, I was being sarcastic before when I said "Me an escapist a dreamer - naw!" I forgot to put the sarcastic smiley there. I am TOTALLY a dreamer and an escapist - to the extreme! :) )

Attachments

• astrochart BIG.jpg
    astrochart BIG.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

MaeMae

Banned
From Kannon-

'NEPTUNE at the Asc creates a dreamer, visionary, artist, actor, illusionist, escapist, magician. A person with creative talent that, at its height, can mesmerize or inspire, and at its lowest can be filled with illusions and problems with drink, drugs, etc. Either type can be compassionate, sensitive and perceptive. There can be a special flair in the appearance or an extra quality of attractiveness that can be hard if not impossible to pinpoint. There is a love of color, visual arts, poetry, writing, music (especially stringed instruments).'

I'm of the opinion that the aforementioned bolded applies.

Yes they're artists, because they paint a figure, an image, an illusion of themselves. They can't help it. They are whomever whoever wants them to be. They often succeed in getting all the perks in life through others by the projection of the fantasy that the other holds of them. Good or bad perks. I have a young female friend with Neptune in Cap 23' just 2' degrees from Asc. in 12th. She's got everybody fooled but me and her sister, who both have planets in Cap (me Saturn 22' and her sister 21' Neptune Cap. (The ol' "it takes one to know one).

Neptune on Asc. is as dazzling as it is disillusioning. It's all right there in our eyes and minds when we're looking at it through Neptune's shades, but it doesn't really exist when we walk away from it. They are a dream to us.

It's the ultimate indication of one who skates, swims through life, creating a groove or wake for us to ride. It will never change except always.

More likely, as I see it, they are artistic inspiration for others (7th house) - they are muses, models, props, for those with planets whose Neptune haze is clouding their vision. I know a man with Neptune rising - Scorp - he is in his late 40's. His boss, the head of a State of Oregon department, thinks he is the most artistic person she has ever met. She hires him to play at her big events and parties and personal events and he is indeed charming and talented in a quirky way, but no one really gets him, but she thinks he's the end all. That's how Neptune conj. Asc works for people.

They will always portray the image in the eyes of the beholder.

queenfluff

From Kannon-

'NEPTUNE at the Asc creates a dreamer, visionary, artist, actor, illusionist, escapist, magician. A person with creative talent that, at its height, can mesmerize or inspire, and at its lowest can be filled with illusions and problems with drink, drugs, etc. Either type can be compassionate, sensitive and perceptive. There can be a special flair in the appearance or an extra quality of attractiveness that can be hard if not impossible to pinpoint. There is a love of color, visual arts, poetry, writing, music (especially stringed instruments).'

I'm of the opinion that the aforementioned bolded applies.

Yes they're artists, because they paint a figure, an image, an illusion of themselves. They can't help it. They are whomever whoever wants them to be. They often succeed in getting all the perks in life through others by the projection of the fantasy that the other holds of them. Good or bad perks. I have a young female friend with Neptune in Cap 23' just 2' degrees from Asc. in 12th. She's got everybody fooled but me and her sister, who both have planets in Cap (me Saturn 22' and her sister 21' Neptune Cap. (The ol' "it takes one to know one).

Neptune on Asc. is as dazzling as it is disillusioning. It's all right there in our eyes and minds when we're looking at it through Neptune's shades, but it doesn't really exist when we walk away from it. They are a dream to us.

It's the ultimate indication of one who skates, swims through life, creating a groove or wake for us to ride. It will never change except always.

More likely, as I see it, they are artistic inspiration for others (7th house) - they are muses, models, props, for those with planets whose Neptune haze is clouding their vision. I know a man with Neptune rising - Scorp - he is in his late 40's. His boss, the head of a State of Oregon department, thinks he is the most artistic person she has ever met. She hires him to play at her big events and parties and personal events and he is indeed charming and talented in a quirky way, but no one really gets him, but she thinks he's the end all. That's how Neptune conj. Asc works for people.

They will always portray the image in the eyes of the beholder.

Hmm, I don't really get any perks in life - I guess maybe I get the bad ones? The Neptune on Asc causes problems for me in the way you described "the projection of the fantasy that the other holds of them" - this herein lies the problem - I have a hard time getting people to see the true me be cause they already have the fantasy version of me in their heads. It gets frustrating because people will misunderstand me because they have already assumed I am the way they wish me to be - in reality, I am not. Neptune conjunct Scorpio Asc btw. Scorpio Rising makes it even harder - people never get you.

There can be a special flair in the appearance or an extra quality of attractiveness that can be hard if not impossible to pinpoint. There is a love of color, visual arts, poetry, writing, music (especially stringed instruments).

Well, the above in red I have - I have had several people say to me in my life "I don't know what it is about you, I can't describe it but I like it." Yep, very vague - they can't pinpoint. Lots of comments on my eyes - they look like blue glass and I have been told they appear "faraway." I LOVE LOVE music - it is healing to me (Moon conjunct Neptune too!) I don't play an instrument but I love guitar and violin sounds esp. when they are dramatic and powerful.

"Neptune on Asc. is as dazzling as it is disillusioning. It's all right there in our eyes and minds when we're looking at it through Neptune's shades, but it doesn't really exist when we walk away from it. They are a dream to us.

It's the ultimate indication of one who skates, swims through life, creating a groove or wake for us to ride. It will never change except always."

So, as above part, do you see Neptun on the Ascendant people as a dream? Does this mean that others forget about us once they are not looking at us? If so, no wonder I feel invisible most of the time! Very few people remember my name - they always think it is something else. That is probably they fantasy image of me in their brains. I definately haven't skated through life (unfortunatley) - I wish! If I swimmed or skated through it, well, its been rough waters and dangerous ice.

Is the artistic inspiration for others you speak of others 7th houses or the Neptune persons 7th house? Or are we only muses for people who also have Neptune prominent in their charts or in the 7th house?

I totally understand your friend "charming and talented in a quirky way, but no one really gets him" - ha! That is me to a T. Quirky and nobody gets me (well, very very few people). Than again, I am apparently a dream so well, that would make sense.

Thanks MaeMae for the interpretation. Its a very beautiful one. :)