Will they Divorce?

HeartTree

Relationship q

bgzi83.jpg

I’m the one asking the question. So he is seventh ruler Sun, I’m moon and his wife is turned 7th house ruler Saturn. Moon is at 7th and will sextile Sun soon. Not very strong statement to us to be together? But Mars natural significator of divorce is on asc. Sun and Saturn are sepating which is pointing to separation, I read somewhere.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Oddity

Since the question isn't about you, you're not in the chart. Unless the question is something like 'will he and I get together?', in which case you need to rephrase it.

If not, then he gets either the 1st or 7th, and his wife gets the opposite house.

Re-reading it, you're first house, he's seventh house, and his wife is *probably* the moon.

Last edited:

HeartTree

Well underlying issue is of course will he be with me after that. What was in my mind too. I tried to check from past threads how significators where given and that was what I end up doing. I’m not too sure however who is who. Jupiter (4th from 7th) and Mars are also each other’s antiscia if that matters.

Last edited:

Oddity

Sun, him, is detrimented, but receiving strength from his wife, who is moon in Leo. It looks like if they're separated, they're going to get back together. Moon 3 degrees past an opposition with Mars could indicate they recently had a row or even a separation.

Saturn is you, dignified, but in 12, so pretty much helpless in the situation. This makes sense given what you've said so far.

Mars on the ascendant isn't a good sign. I don't think he's going to leave her, or if he has done, it looks like they're going to reconcile from the chart.

ElenaJ

This chart is interesting for two reasons, one is the choice of significators. A similar situation came up with me and I'm still not sure how to assign the significators. Another way to look at it might be that the person asking the question is the Ascendent, the man she is speaking about isn't really her partner/husband, but her lover, no? So he might be 5th. The moon would be the thing being asked about, that is, divorce. Does this make sense? The second thing that strikes me is I've never seen a chart with a 1st house covering so many signs. What location is the chart made for?

HeartTree

This chart is interesting for two reasons, one is the choice of significators. A similar situation came up with me and I'm still not sure how to assign the significators. Another way to look at it might be that the person asking the question is the Ascendent, the man she is speaking about isn't really her partner/husband, but her lover, no? So he might be 5th. The moon would be the thing being asked about, that is, divorce. Does this make sense? The second thing that strikes me is I've never seen a chart with a 1st house covering so many signs. What location is the chart made for?

I really don’t know. As he is not my lover (yet anyway) as I would like to him be straight about what he wants first. Can’t be both of us. But I’m very interested indeed. Location is in Finland :)

ElenaJ

Thanks, being that far up north explains one thing.
So at the moment there is no relationship between you two? Then he would be the quested, and the 7th, ruled by sun.
According to Goldstein-Jacobson, the following applies when asking if there will be a divorce:
Yes, if the ruler of the 1st or 7th is in bad aspect with Uranus or Neptune; or if moon is afflicted by Saturn, mars or Uranus; or the moon weak or afflicted or in the same degree as the nodes; or if there is a malefic in and not ruling the 7th, 10th or 4th.
So, the rulers of the 1st are Saturn and Uranus, but here Saturn is trine Uranus and neither is in aspect with Neptune. Ruler of 7th, the sun, does not aspect Uranus or Neptune.
The moon is afflicted by an opposition with mars, so this is the first sign of a yes.
The moon is weak in Leo, and afflicted by the mars opposition, as well as a square to Venus (love).
The moon is not in the degree of the nodes, nor are there malefic in the houses indicated.
The mars conjunct 1st house indicates conflict and arguments, but the libra sun is trine and looking for reconciliation, as libra tends to do.
The sun will square Pluto, so there will be an explosive conflict, and uranus squaring the moon's nodes would indicate a break-up.
At which point, I also agree with Tikana, because even if he divorces, that is no indication that he will be seeking you out.

HeartTree

Thank you all for contributing. It’s interesting to read different opinions :) I will wait and see. Nothing in this life is certain. And nevertheless it seems he is into me, and he is showing it, future is unknown. I will ask again more directly after some time has passed.

pinkyandperky

What is going on in the world that there are so many situations like this, second only to the incessant online dating ones which are only useful for people who want an insurance number and passport with a marriage certificate.

Standards have certainly collapsed.