Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie

pwadm

Staff member
pisceskitty said:
Is angelina going to eventually dump brad pitt?

September 8th
6:01pm
Brooklyn, Ny[Kings County]
No, she won't!!!

Look at the ASC-DSC axis in the middle of the fixed signs, with Saturn as ASC ruler in a fixed sign in the 7th house > commitement, with the Sun as DSC ruler SEPARATING from Uranus (breaking up is not a thing of the future).

As I got here I realized this horary chart is 2 years old and obviously the above is correct as the couple is still together and doing fine as much as I know.

pwadm

Staff member
archergirl said:
Horary should be saved, in truth, for questions that have strictly to do with you that affect your day-to-day existence.
Come on - this is fun! horary is about questions, basically. Celebrities lives are nowadays often better known that the lives of many of our relatives. For one, I know I have such relatives I haven't seen for years.

Even Lilly asked questions "none of his business" if I recall well.

archergirl

Lilly didn't ask 'none of his business' questions: he asked questions that were of political importance to him and his time. He was a Parliamentarian, and asking whether the King would summon forces from Ireland was an important question, since people got killed in those days for their political and religious beliefs. Remember, it was Lilly who said:

Judge not upon every light motion, or without premeditation of the Querent, nor upon slight and trivial Questions, or when the Querent hath not wit to know what he would demand.

IMO this is about as slight and trivial as they come. But then, as Draco once noted, most horarists are grim Saturnian types, so we don't have much patience for the slight and trivial.:D

AG:)

pwadm

Staff member
Alright.

But why do you consider the breaking up of a long-term relationship as slight or trivial? As far as I am know, this is a matter of major importance in many people's lives. It also makes the bread of most horary astrologers as 80% of questions are on either relationships or carreer.

The question might find itself under "Judge not upon every light motion" category, as the as the querent might not be very interested after all,but how can you know for sure? Maybe, due to the overwhelming media presence in modern life, celebrities lives really matter to people.
And again, how can you know that ANY question that you receive is asked upon merely a light motion of mind or not? Of course, if people pay for the reading, it happens because they really need an answer and the question is genuine.

Obviously I am not Saturnian.

archergirl

I wouldn't consider the breaking up of a relationship trivial, if I were asking about myself or someone close to me...where the question mattered. Asking about someone I do not know, nor am ever likely to know, nor have any influence over whatsoever, is to me trivial. *Especially* when it's someone famous; if it really matters to them so very much, I would suggest therapy instead to deal with projection/transference issues. If people want to fluff around with these types of party questions, they can buy a Magic Eight Ball to get their answers...leave the stars to answer questions of some import. Horary is a serious art; it takes years of study. Why would I waste it on such dross? If someone paid me to answer this question, I'd give their money back and kick them out.

I, obviously, am VERY Saturnian. I'm even wearing all black today...apart from striped knee socks.:D

Last edited:

Well I personally don't have problems with such questions. I ask them myself and for me personally, I think its good to because it helps people get a better grasp of astrology by practicing on these situations.

archergirl

Why would you want to practice on a question that isn't real for you? You can, of course...you're free to do what you want, really, but what's the point, when you can 'practice' on questions that actually affect you?

*shrug*

Sometimes you can't practice on yourself because you don't have objectivity. I find it very hard to ask questions on my own life because of this.

archergirl

This is absolutely true. :) I, too, cannot practice on my own charts...and this is after years of study! I can understand the fascination of celebrity-watching, I guess, and in this light I *suppose* one can ask such questions...it seems to me that there are plenty of 'askers' out there, especially on a site like this, who have questions that matter deeply; I'd rather practice on those, where I can get instant feedback and know that I've not only learned something, but helped make a difference to someone else.

I *suppose* what Brangelina does might matter to someone...:rolleyes:

pisceskitty

The question was just for fun. Sorry if I offeneded anyone. I didn't know it would cause such a ruckus. it won't happen again. I had originally postd the question in the celeb. section. It was moved here because it's a Horary question. As far as the smart-*** comment about about what "Brangelina Does" mattering to someone, once again it was just for fun. I know better now.

Nicole

Last edited:

Buttercup

Maybe it's my sag rising...I think astrology is fun and I think celebrities are fun! As far as the horary chart goes, wouldn't they both make better bachelors since the sun (Brad) and venus (Angelina) are in the sign of Virgo?

barbh

Account Closed
Hey pisces kitty

I think its a perfectly valid question and you have every right to ask it. Only you can decide if its of interest to you or not...no one else can decide for you. The fact that you asked it means that it is, and therefore valid to be answered. If the chart is radical, then go for it! Even if it isn't, you can still judge it. This is a board to practice and learn, and if the chart doesn't want to give up an answer, then why not see and find out? It's all about experimentation, so I say go for it! Others may say that its not worth asking about etc...but they didn't ask it, you did, and what you think is the important piece here, since you're the one that asked it. Don't let anyone tell you that you don't have a right to ask a question. At the very least we can read it and learn from it...let the chart tell us if it wants to give us a clear answer or not. I've been using celeb charts as a learning tool for years, so why not horary charts as well. It's also a fascinating question...one that many people are interested in. I myself am quite interested in the answer, since they symbolize Hollywood in so many ways, and I was interested to see how all that hard Uranus between them would be channeled.

cheers
barbh :)

Last edited:

Vista

Hi PisciesKitty,
I agree with Barbh, 23, and Radu that it's ok to ask any questions one wants to know the answer to. To me it's still a learning tool, therefore worthy of answering if one wants to give it a go. If I don't like the topic or question I just simply move on to another thread that I am more interested in.

Celebrity charts are something that I have used for many years while studying astrology. I also use friends and family member's charts as learning tools as well. For me they give validation of past and future events and it helps me pick up on trends and synastry between charts.

I look at it as purely educational.:D

I am very Saturnian myself, but with a little bit of an Aquarian flair in the mix. ;)

Vista

Last edited:

planetmotion

Breezing late to this brangelina discussion (also of the opinion that all charts are good learning tools), I hope Radu is right - they are both so gorgeous, especially together (also my romantic opinion). But this isn't why I am adding my note: It is to share the time of Knox Leon, born in Nice, 12 july 2008, at 18:27, which my scorpio saturn rising spied in a photo on a french news site. Seeing KL is the bigger boy, who would probably have come out first, plus petite Vivienne Marcheline may be minutes later - or earlier...

starlink

Radu, sorry, I have to agree with AG about this one. Trivial questions do not get a good answer. The question about a breakup is in itself a serious one, but it has nothing serious about it in Pisceskitty's case. She is just curious about it and this is not serious enough for a horary question. When it comes to horary, I am also very Saturnian.(and love to wear black also).
I have indeed wondered why I always get Saturn on the Asc. when I ask a question. Happens over and over again. Now I think I have the answer LOL:)
In my experience, only really urgent and serious questions get a good answer "from the heavens". Questions like this get wishy-washy answers.

If you really want to know if these two will divorce, then look at their natal charts and progressions. That would also show if divorce is eminent. Solar Arc is great for this as well.

Starlink

Last edited:

barbh

Account Closed
Star wrote:
She is just curious about it and this is not serious enough for a horary question.

Curiosity by itself has been more than enough for a lot of questions on this board, with clear answers, so don't dismiss it out of hand. A horary question does not need to be deathly serious to be asked. Lots of people ask questions about other people or other situations that are not directly related to them or their lives. It's the nature of the human condition to be curious. And if the chart does turn out to be wishy washy.....that's great! Let's all learn from it. You can only learn from experience...you can't learn from 'blanket judgments'. Blanket judgments don't help anybody...indeed..they probably hinder us from learning.

Frawley even mentions in his book that to while away long evenings..Lilly would 'in merriment' ask a servant to hide something and then cast a chart to find it. Serious? I should think not. Simply practice. Frawley himself admits to loving to predicting the story line in soap operas...his preference being Coronation Street. He has no particular interest in the subject of the story, but loved to practice.

Quote from Frawley
'
To smooth the feathers of those horrified at the asking of so 'trivial' a question - merriment being forbidden in some outposts of contemporary horary - I should add that Deidre's imprisonment (storyline of Coronation Street) brought front-page headlines in the national press and questions in parliament. Not, perhaps, quite so trivial! The story unfolded as the chart shows."

Judging a question as 'too trivial' or not relevant or whatever is like saying that you know more than the heavens do. Let's keep ego out of it and have a look...blanket judgments aside. If you don't like the question, then don't read it.

yep, i'm pretty uranian...with a strong Saturn to boot!
barbh:)

starlink

OK barbh, you are right in what you say here. Still, what William Lilly did was really exercising, trying to find the answer and see if he was right or wrong. With the Jolie question, this is not really the case. It is not an exercise where you can check if the answer is right or whether you did it wrong.

Frawley's question of the coronation street affair is similar in that it provided an answer. He did the chart and checked with reality, which did not last very long, if he was right or wrong, also an exercise (yes, about a trivial thing).

But when do we get an immediate answer to the question if Brat and spouse will divorce?
You said:
that you know more than the heavens do

You are seeing this quite wrong.
I am probably a bit too serious about this. I see it as a sign from heaven, giving me the answer when I am in need of it. It is like praying for me in a way. I would not pray if I know more than the heavens do. If I am not serious about my question, the heavens wont like to answer me on it.
Starlink

Last edited:

pwadm

Staff member
I think the whole point here is involvement, any other considerents aside. Questions on major events of one's life are bound to be asked genuinely and even dramatically. So this is what it is all about. So, presumably charts generated by such questions are easier to read as the intense mind turn at the time of questioning calls the astrological forces to generate a crystal clear chart.
I confess I find it easier to read the primary horary charts (set for the inquiry moment) rather than the secondary charts (set for the time I receive the question). The primary charts are pure inquiries' charts, while the secondary charts include also information on the astrologer (7th house), the reading success (10th house), they are actually astrology readings' charts.

Getting to the so-called "trivial" questions, do you really want to say that a person, after watching a well-made 1/2 hour documentary on Brad and Angelina, is not entitled to THINK about it? Thinking often includes asking questions. As from a modern psychological perspective there is really NO difference between the imagination and real life. Have you guys seen the movie "What the Bleep do We Know"? That's what I'm talking about. The mind cannot tell the difference between imagination and one's life. It's all about emotions. If a thought is supported by emotions it becomes reality for the mind, regardless of the physical reality. This is also the base principle of horary.

barbh

Account Closed
Hi Star

Well, sure, I get what you mean when you say you ask for a sign. That's great if that works for you. What I meant when I said that last part is to keep ego out of it when judging other people's charts. Pre-judging and saying a question is trivial or not worth judging even before one looks at the chart is sort of like saying you already know what the answer is...a wishy washy one that isn't worth looking at. Well, how do you know that for sure? Maybe it is relevant to the person who asked it. Maybe there' some amazing mirroring going on for them in the lives of these celebrities. Maybe there will be some big realization or message there for them...who knows. Who are we to say what it means to the querent? That's what I mean by ego. Only the querent has the right to say if its worthy of judgment or not, since they are the only ones who came up with it. It may indeed be trival or irrelevant to you, or somebody else...but you didn't ask it! That's all I'm saying....we can't go around deciding for other people if their questions are trivial or not, even if, in our limited viewpoints of their lives...it seems so to us. You mentioned how you came to your own horary questions, and I happen to agree that it's an amazing way to do it, but that's your way. This person's question will indeed be answered one day....either they'll get divorced or they won't. She will get her answer..and it may be fun to see if the timing is correct or not.
I believe in total respect for the querent, even if the question seems silly to someone who didn't ask it. Besides, what is the harm in looking and seeing? I'm all about experimentation. I personally don't believe that there is any such thing as a trivial question. If it came up, and someone asked it, then they have their reasons and they deserve to be respected. That's all I'm saying. And if their chart doesn't yield a great answer, or its wishy washy, that's great too, cause then they'll learn from that as well.

barbh:)

Last edited:

barbh

Account Closed
Radu said
The mind cannot tell the difference between imagination and one's life. It's all about emotions. If a thought is supported by emotions it becomes reality for the mind, regardless of the physical reality. This is also the base principle of horary.

Exactly! That's the basis for the Law of Attraction as well. I was sort of trying to get to that...who are we to decide what's real for the querent or not....but you put it much more succinctly!!

barbh