Gems + Stones: Tridosha Affinities

Red Dragon

Quick look suggest need to support the combust Jupiter and Moon in its cadent 6th house (by whole sign) and in its Scorpio sign of Fall; strengthening Moon will also strengthen the Lucky Strike NN, posited in Cancer (ruled by Moon)

Therefore the possible astro-therapeutic stones could be:
-Yellow Sapphire (Jupiter)
-Pure clear quartz or Moonstone (or Larvakite)* (Moon)
-Hessonite (optional, related to NN supplementation)

*I prefer either Moonstone or Larvakite for supplementing Lunar influences

Thank you so much!
I always thought that it would be better avoiding stones related to the Moon since it is very "hurt" in my chart ( not to mention your considerations,is in square with Saturn ).

dr. farr

When a planet is hurt (afflicted) we need to support its afflicted energies with supplementation, just lke if a person has a vitamin deficiency we need to supplement that vitamin.

Caro

Very interesting lists.

No mention of gold though. Is there any reason for that?

I was told recently I should work with gold(colour - cant afford a bar just yet).

Caro

Thank you Dr Farr.

Although I use crystals in healing I have not related this to the chart of the person I am working on. The crystals I choose relate to the issues I percieve in the person I am treating. When in the healing room often certain crystals seem more appropriate than others.(A sense of receiving appropriate guidance) (conditions are not treated)

however it may be interested to discuss what crystals people are drawn to taking account their astrological chart. Comparing the tables above.

Then looking at vedic chart/normal chart(!) try out healing with recommended crystals as listed above.

Im a big Fluorite fan! I also work with a lot of blue/green stones. Blue mainly.(Im a an aqua sun with lots of pisces)My take on this is this reflects the space I create ie a calm environment(often commented on) However when you look at my chart it reflects that water theme.(using the western chart)

Most recently I have been drawn to rubies in my own healing and with some of the people I treat.

Feel free to add your thoughts/results.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Re: Gems + Stones: blue sapphire

Does the blue sapphire help in completing studies? I read it somewhere.One or the other problem shows up whenever I aim to finish my studies.Is this stone essential in aiding educational success?
Yes, but I would combine blue sapphire and yellow sapphire in order to obtain benefits of both Jupiter and Saturn.
blue sapphire and yellow sapphire can not be wear together, they are enemy of each other.
Theoretically this is correct, but in actual practice they often work very well together. In classical jyotish, Jupiter and Saturn are "enemies', however, jyotish also lists several circumstances in which Jupiter and Saturn can become "temporary friends"; perhaps these circumstances relate to why these 2 stones in combination (or alternation) frequently give favorable results.
What are the 'circumstances in which Jupiter and Saturn can become "temporary friends"'?

dr. farr

One example is when say Jupiter is in a pitted degree in, say Libra, and Saturn-in its dignity (exaltation) in Libra-is within orb of conjunction with Jupiter: Saturn then extricates Jupiter from the influences of Jupiter's pitted degree, and they are temporary friends (see, Ibn Ezra, also Abu Mashar, among other authors, for examples of this sort of temporary friendship) Also, Vedic textbooks give rather extensive information regarding conditions causing "temporary friendship" among planets who are "natural enemies" (like Jupiter and Saturn)

JUPITERASC

One example is when say Jupiter is in a pitted degree in, say Libra, and Saturn-in its dignity (exaltation) in Libra-is within orb of conjunction with Jupiter: Saturn then extricates Jupiter from the influences of Jupiter's pitted degree, and they are temporary friends (see, Ibn Ezra, also Abu Mashar, among other authors, for examples of this sort of temporary friendship) Also, Vedic textbooks give rather extensive information regarding conditions causing "temporary friendship" among planets who are "natural enemies" (like Jupiter and Saturn)
Thanks dr. farr - so much to read and so little time!

btw what if Jupiter is precisely in the degree of Saturn's exaltation in Libra AND Saturn is within orb of a conjunction with Jupiter and in its Exaltation in Libra. Presumably the matters of the house ruled by Jupiter would be somehow enhanced/benefit... would Saturn also benefit in this case? :smile:

Also with regard to gemstones, would you say that quartz crystal is a stone that resonates well with most other stones?

dr. farr

Regarding the Jupiter/Saturn question, to my understanding the answer is yes, Saturn would also benefit; however, remember that (in hermetico-astrological traditions, such as were largely followed by Hellenists and earlier Islamic transitional era adepts) the flow of beneficence is always from the greater to the lesser, from the superior to the inferior: Saturn is superior to Jupiter, so most of the benefit (according to this concept) would flow to Jupiter (Jupiter is superior to Mars, Mars to the Sun, Sun to Venus, Venus to Mercury, Mercury to the Moon, according to the oldtime schema)

Relative to the the quartz crystal question: yes, in my understanding of dynamic lithotherapy, quartz goes well/resonates with most other stones (particularly so with the numerous crystals in the various silicate-groups)

Last edited:

Bina

This is so interesting, thank you, dr. farr.. I've been working with gemstones for a long time, but never knew about connecting stones to the 3 doshas.
I don't quite know how to work it out. My chart is mostly Kapha (earth+water), so then i would need Vata/Pitta stones to balance? Please would you mind to take a look at my chart and advise me what gemstones could be beneficial for me? Thanks..:smile:

Attachments

• Bina chart.jpg
    Bina chart.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Bina sidereal.gif
    Bina sidereal.gif
    73.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

dr. farr

Yes, a quick look indicates Vatta+Pitta need supplementing, especially Pitta: note that this is based upon the TROPICAL chart elemental indications (which I generally consider to be the more accurate-no offense to our siderealist friends!!) Using that chart, I would actually go with the Pitta list of stones and crystals primarily, and test among them for the most resonant: only if none test very strongly, would I then move into the combined Vatta+Pitta list, for testing which 1 or 2 crystals, would be most strongly indicated.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Im a big Fluorite fan! I also work with a lot of blue/green stones. Blue mainly.(Im a an aqua sun with lots of pisces)My take on this is this reflects the space I create ie a calm environment(often commented on) However when you look at my chart it reflects that water theme.(using the western chart)

Most recently I have been drawn to rubies in my own healing and with some of the people I treat. Feel free to add your thoughts/results.

Any advice on the use of Fluorite? :smile:

Bina

Thank you again, dr. farr! :smile:
Interestingly from the list of Pitta stones, Rose Quartz and Smoky Quartz are the ones that resonate the most with me and I use them a lot, especially Rose Quartz. I have also at times felt strongly drawn to Carnelian and Sugilite .
This is giving me some confirmation and explanation for feeling attracted to those crystals. :happy:

Last edited:

Caro

note that this is based upon the TROPICAL chart elemental indications (which I generally consider to be the more accurate-no offense to our siderealist friends!!)

oh good.
im going to post a crystal healing case study in a few weeks when I use crystals as listed in this post. but will use the normal western chart. this person has a stellium in aries - there is no way that she is a pisces stellium!

JA - re Fluorite. I find it uplifting and protecting. it was very popular in china in times gone by for protection. it is quite common in himalayas.
some writers say it brings order to chaos.

I would recommend you try and find out what it means for you by having a piece around you.There are many different colours of fluorite. Im trying to collect them.

JUPITERASC

JA - re Fluorite. I find it uplifting and protecting. it was very popular in china in times gone by for protection. it is quite common in himalayas.
some writers say it brings order to chaos.

I would recommend you try and find out what it means for you by having a piece around you.There are many different colours of fluorite. Im trying to collect them.
I randomly picked up a piece of Fluorite recently in a crystals shop, with interesting patterns... what does Fluorite protect? :smile: