A Voyage of Discovery: Astrological Ages for the Tropical Zodiac

david starling

The credit for labeling the new Precessional, sidereal Age "the Aquarian Age" goes to Karl Jung, who secularized it. He also added the weight of his fame and recognized authority to it, and added greatly to its popularity.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
He turned down the job offer. :biggrin:

Krishnamurti turned down the job offer that people were freely offering to him #notmymessiah. Jesus accepted his mission and knew that he had to keep the commandments of God (usually called covenant, not contract :smile:), and to suffer for it:

He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
yet he opened not his mouth;
like a lamb that is led to the slaughter,
and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent,
so he opened not his mouth.
By oppression and judgment he was taken away;
and as for his generation, who considered
that he was cut off out of the land of the living,
stricken for the transgression of my people?
- Is. 53:7-8 esv

david starling

Krishnamurti turned down the job offer that people were freely offering to him #notmymessiah. Jesus accepted his mission and knew that he had to keep the commandments of God (usually called covenant, not contract :smile:), and to suffer for it:

He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
yet he opened not his mouth;
like a lamb that is led to the slaughter,
and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent,
so he opened not his mouth.
By oppression and judgment he was taken away;
and as for his generation, who considered
that he was cut off out of the land of the living,
stricken for the transgression of my people?
- Is. 53:7-8 esv

Attended a question and answer lecture by Krishnamurti in Santa Monica in the late 1960's. He made no claim to be of Divine status. Highly intelligent though.

david starling

This voyage of discovery regarding tropical Ages came about, in large part, due to the failure of the sidereal Age of Pisces to explain the events, attitudes, and abilities of the past 2000 years. What the sidereal Age of Pisces can't explain is covered by the tropical Age of Capricorn. And, vice versa.

david starling

If there are any tropical or sidereal Pisceans wondering why "your" sidereal Age of Pisces turned out to be so contentious and adversarial, this method for determining the tropical Ages explains it.

david starling

Current, Dominant Age-ruler Saturn will be exactly conj the 2020 True-setting of the tropical Age Indicator on March 14th, @ 29 degrees 25 minutes Capricorn.

Saturn will be exactly conj the 2020 Mean-setting of the tropical Age Indicator on Feb. 25th, @ 27 degrees 47 minutes Capricorn, as the Dominant, tropical Age of Capricorn slooowly nears its ending.

The Mean-setting moves constantly Direct, at about a minute of arc per year, and will reach the 0 degree of tropical Aquarius in 2149, which is the EFFECTIVE start-date of the Dominant, Uranian-ruled, tropical Aquarian Age. It's about a 21,000 year cycle since the last effective beginning of the Dominant, tropical Aquarian Age.

The True-setting swings back and forth due to the Lunar orbit around the Earth, +/- nearly 2 degrees relative to the Mean-setting. It will ingress tropical Aquarius in 2047, signaling the PRELIMINARY start-date of the Dominant, Uranian-ruled, tropical Aquarian Age.

Last edited:

david starling

Although I can demonstrate the accuracy of the PLACEMENT of this tropical Age-indicator using the standard, Western historical time-line, it doesn't really tell us what the Age of Aquarius will be like. Each indicator has its own characteristics when in a particular Sign.

We therefore shouldn't use the Sun in Aquarius, for example, to describe what the Earth's Age Indicator in Aquarius will bring, just as looking at the Sun in Capricorn doesn't fully describe the Age of Capricorn we're in now. Also, the Age is the AGGREGATE result of the placement of the Age-indicator in all Charts at once, for many Centuries, relative to ALL placements in the specific Age-sign.

I contend that we can't fully comprehend what the PREVIOUS Ages were really like either, because we project the nature of the current Age back into the distant past. Things that are incomprehensible to us now made sense then.

So, I think it's about time for me to start logically and intuitively considering what the as-yet-unknown results of the tropical version of the Aquarian Age will be like. :biggrin:

Last edited:

david starling

We can use decans (the 30 degree Signs divided into three 10 degree segments) to see how the Modality relates to when a tropical Age becomes most effective in manifesting the intrinsic nature of the Age-sign itself. Fortunately, the timeline of Western history includes an entire seasonal quadrant of Ages: Tropical Age of Libra (Cardinal), c. 4850-3100 B.C.E.; then, the tropical Age of Scorpio (Fixed), c. 3100-1350 B.C.E.; and, completing the Fall quadrant, the tropical Age of Sagittarius (Mutable), c. 1350 B.C.E.-400 A.D.

The Cardinal-sign Age begins a new seasonal quadrant: Innovative and inventive, with great resistance from the ways of the previous quadrant, which pushes the most representative developments into the 3rd decant.

The Fixed-sign Age then inherits the new theme which fully develops at the ENDING of the LAST decant of the Cardinal-sign Age. Fixed-sign Ages are established and intense, with almost no resistance from the preceding seasonal quadrant; and, the result is an immediate response at the BEGINNING of the FIRST decant of the Age in accordance with the nature of the Age-sign.

The Mutable-sign Age inherits the theme introduced in the last decant of the Cardinal-sign Age, and all of the intense developments of the Fixed-sign Age. The result is a variation on the theme, exploring the possibilities, especially in the MIDDLE decant.

As this pattern predicts, we're now in the most materialistic, innovative and inventive phase at the ending of the tropical, Cardinal/Earth-sign Age of Capricorn, ruled by Saturn, which became an imperative in Western Europe at the beginning of the last decant c. 1570 A.D.

It also predicts that the tropical Aquarian Age developments will get off to a full and immediate start when the Mean-setting of the Age-indicator reaches 0 degrees Aquarius in 2149.

Until then, our current situation is mostly about advancements in Capricornian-Age technology, enabling the implementation of the new theme of this Winter Age-quadrant which is superseding the city-state cultural theme of the Fall Age-quadrant: This new theme, which will be inherited by the Aquarian Age, is an interconnected and interdependent worldwide culture. BUT, it will be under URANIAN, not Saturnian rulership authority as it is now--HUGE difference!

Last edited:

david starling

Just as the ruler of one's Ascendant-sign, in one's own Chart, strongly affects one in a personal way, the ruler of the Age-sign, which is in everyone's Chart, strongly affects us all in a shared way.

david starling

Each succeeding 58.1 year Age-degree generation has had an increase in the (Mean-setting) Orb Effect already activating the Uranian-ruled Age of Aquarius. With a 5 degree Orb, this activation first ingressed tropical Aquarius in the year 1859, which explains why the Aquarian Age concept itself arose in the decades that followed, along with a revitalization of Astrology using the planets beyond Saturn.

At the same time, the HEAVILY dominant Longitudinal-point Age of Capricorn, under Saturnian rulership, went into high gear, accelerating in influence towards the end of the Age-indicator's transit through the Cardinal/Earth-sign. This explains the incredible rise in the development and use of modern technology.

The tropical Aquarian Age isn't about materialistic technology, which is the province of the tropical Capricornian Age. It's about an increase in our Cosmic Awareness and "paranormal" mental abilities.

Last edited:

david starling

Since the tropical Aquarian Age, (synchronistically occurring with the sidereal version of the Aquarian Age and the ending of the Kali Yuga) will take us beyond the 4th Dimensional realm of the Space-Time Continuum, an interesting question arises--is it possible to defy Saturnian imposed barriers and restrictions, and transcend, or be suddenly "pulled across" the linear-time period between now and when the Uranian-ruled Aquarian Age takes full, dominant, Longitudinal-point effect in 2149?

Last edited:

Hkk

Account Closed
I’m trying to read it all but just want to comment above that I really do believe that we are in Kali Yuga right now.

Do you think going into or in the Aquarian age, things will get better or worse as I have a strong belief that things will get worse, so much worse before it all gets better....

Hkk

Account Closed
And then..... we’ll not sure what the world will look like it if there will be one at all.... the end? Aquarian age ends it?

david starling

I’m trying to read it all but just want to comment above that I really do believe that we are in Kali Yuga right now.

Do you think going into or in the Aquarian age, things will get better or worse as I have a strong belief that things will get worse, so much worse before it all gets better....

The first thing is knowing the timing for certain, based on an appropriate setting for the Age-indicator in the tropical zodiac. That's mostly what the long posts are about. The sidereal Ages can't be pinned down as to timing because there's disagreement about the Sign-placements.

The Aquarian Age isn't the end of everything, just the caterpillar existence we're now forced to live on the material plane. But, you're right about the difficulties in making the transition to butterfly. :biggrin:

As I understand it, the Kali Yuga is ending.

david starling

Capricorn is a civilization-building Sign, and its Age has been one of great materialistic inventiveness, now introducing a theme of globalization. This is the new quadrant of Ages, the Northern hemispheric Winter quadrant. The Age of Libra, c. 4850-3100 B.C.E., introduced the Fall quadrant theme of city-state civilization. In both cases, these innovative Cardinal-sign Ages had to wait until their endings, to show their true results.

The Fixed-sign Age of Scorpio, c.3100-1350 B.C.E., came on quickly, with full access to the new ideas and inventions of the Age of Libra, which continued as the overlapping, background Age to foreground Scorpio.

The same will be the case for the Age of Aquarius, with Capricorn as background-Sign to foreground Aquarius. The change in RULERSHIP is what needs to be taken into account. One major difference is the lockstep, conforming nature of the Saturnian imperative, versus the highly individualistic nature of Uranian influence.

david starling

Saturn will be at the seat of its True-setting Age-authority on March 14th this year. The world-wide tension is obvious. Meanwhile, the 5G transmitters are being deployed across the U.S., coming to a telephone pole near you!

This isn't about the Age of Aquarius, it's about the conclusion of the Age of tropical Capricorn.

david starling

I went back 29 years to see if any world-changing, globalistic events correlated to the last time Saturn was conj the tropical Age-indicator.
Right to the day, Jan. 17, 1991, Desert Storm was unleashed on the Iraqi forces in Kuwait. This was the opening salvo against Saddam Hussein and led to the subsequent invasion and take-over of Iraq and its aftermath. 35 nations from around the world took part.

Last edited:

david starling

I'm waiting to see what Saturn conjunct the True-setting of the tropical Age-indicator will bring, on March 14th. The lead up, still half a degree from exact, isn't looking good for the world health and economic situation.

Last edited:

david starling

The only immediately obvious result from Saturn conjunct the True-setting of the tropical Age-indicator was the U.S. Congress passing major legislation regarding the pandemic in the U.S.

But now, Saturn is no longer situated in the Age-window, which is where its influence is greatest. It's still the Age-ruler though. In two days, in my opinion, Saturn will temporarily lose somewhat more of its still overall, dominant Age-influence, when it ingresses Aquarius.*

*[I say, "in my opinion", because I don't consider Saturn to be a Domicle-ruler of Aquarius, whereas many others do. In fact, Traditionalistic tropical astrologers aren't using :uranus:, the Modernistic Domicle-ruler of :aquarius:, at all. And, some Modernistic astrologers are still using both planets as Domicle-rulers of that same Sign.]

Last edited:

david starling

It isn't just about Saturn vacating the Age-window, because three major players will be in conjunction there at the same time--Mars, Jupiter and Pluto. Anything going on in the Age-window has a global effect, so we'll be seeing the results of this conjunction worldwide.