How on earth is Megan Fox a Leo Ascendant?

How on earth is Megan Fox a Leo Ascendant? Look at the chart: Pluto square Asc.

Generally, by comparison, the same way Marilyn Manson is. His chart as seen at astrodatabank shows an Asc [14N33] within 1*41' of exact Parallel with Pluto [16N14].
180px-Marilyn_Manson_Cannes.jpg

I041936.PP2NMTQ0VA3FxPLkTu8JJQ.c2atw.250.jpg

Interestingly both have Sun in earth sign and Moon in Leo.

By the same token, you could ask how Tom Cruise has Asc in Scorpio ... He doesn't fit the stereotype touted here that could be seen in some ... Moon in Leo up high in 'public' position.

I do not know if Megan Fox is Leo or Scorpio rising. I have not followed her career, seen her in any movies I can recall, nor have I worked with her chart at all. But Leo types are expressive and their full-up vitality generally creates a more active ownership of their bodies, not afraid to stand out (tattoos, etc).

Always look to the ruler/co-ruler planets of the sign the person seems to fit.
I wouldn't have expected Marilyn Manson to be a Scorpio Rising to be honest, even with his image, his facial features scream Leo. His fuller face, his lips, etc.

After a thorough investigation of her natals and progressions I can tell you that Megan Fox is in fact Leo rising - about 10* - and that her husband, Brian Austin Green's Jupiter at 9 Aqua is directly opp/cp her Asc. In addition, his North Node [23S13] is within 0*01' of exact Parallel to her 7th house (Aqua) ruler Uranus [23S14].
Very, very interesting...

She was born in Tennessee. If you really want to know her birth time and true ascendant, her birth certificate is available from the state for informational use only.

https://health.state.tn.us/vr/Certificate.htm
LMFAO! What an investigator and smart person you are. Great idea. :joyful:

But I am way too lazy to give this a go. I think I'll just go with most people's comments in here and trust that she is a Leo Rising... A very different Leo Rising. lol.

SueLou

She looks Leo to me. The mane. The teeth (big). The body is leonine, to me ...I guess all lanky yet curvy women remind me of lionnesses though.

Are scars considered a Scorpio thing? I have Leo ascending and I still have a scar by my eye from my Leo brother who burned me lighting a fire cracker when we were kids. I have another scar on my chin from running and tripping on a rabbit cage (I'm year of the rabbit ....I'm not into Chinese Astro, but it's funny all the same.)

I guess scars make me think of fire signs b/c I have so many all over my body. (I'm Sag sun, and ascending in Leo.)
They remind me of the carelessness when it comes to fire signs and being reckless or too aggressive in general.
Of course, actor Joaquin Phoenix has an awesome scar and he's a Scorpio. Wonder what his asc. is.

Kannon

Lascivious,

Your numerous observations about Leo risers are pretty good with one essential exception: the "the curve in her back" that you've observed is somewhat common, particularly when it is in the mid/upper spine, creating a slightly pushed out chest. I have observed this even in Leo risers as young as 3-4 years old. See Leo Rising on my Asc Sign Descriptions page here on AW ...

Other than that, I think you're very observant and were mostly on-target. The key on your end is how often you appropriately used the term "tends to" in relation to many of the physical qualities you associate with Leo on the Asc.

Any rising sign is a wide 30-degree area, so it is generalized, not specific. So it is important to leave leeway for when planets of a very different nature make angular aspects to the Asc.

The key principle at work here is one that I had to learn to become a good rectifier:
Planets are stronger than signs (and more specific).
When there is an angular planetary aspect to the Asc it can create the illusion of its corresponding sign.

There is something else at work in Megan Fox's chart and Marilyn Manson's: Declinations, the planets' north/south positions that are not seen on the east-west flat wheel chart. The parallels and contra-parallels are every bit as strong as angular aspects as conjunctions, squares and oppositions.

She was born in Tennessee. If you really want to know her birth time and true ascendant, her birth certificate is available from the state for informational use only.

https://health.state.tn.us/vr/Certificate.htm

From that page...
"The request must be made by the person named on the certificate, or a parent, guardian, child or spouse of the named person."

Astrologers cannot just obtain the birth certificates of others unless it is a copy with permission of its owner or from someone listed on the document. That is the way many data collectors work (like Steven Przybylowski See source for Oregon Gov Kitzhaber's birth info on astrodatabank ). Sometimes a dta collector may call up and sweet talk a vital statistics or medical person into looking at it and quoting it by phone. But it is considered theft or just unethical to do otherwise.

In any case, a birth certificate is not an astrological document. The time of birth is the least important piece of data on that document. Some of my clients have had birth certificates show times of birth that differed by hours from what numerous family witnesses agreed was the correct time range. Such a medical document comes with no guarantee of accuracy, which is why rectification becomes necessary so often. There is no one-to-one synonymous relationship between the time on a birth certificate and the Asc of one's true and accurate birth chart.

Last edited:

theM

Hi everyone.

For me, personally, the main problem is the stereotypical image of a zodiac sign most people have nowadays.
Some years ago there really was a time when I wanted to modify many birth times according these stereotypes.
I couldn't imagine that a a person with strong Fire/Air emphasis can be introverted.But it can be.
A Virgo Rising has to look like a shy, boring librarian and a Scorpio Rising has to look like a mystic vampire.
In my life most Virgo Risings doesn't fit the imagine at all, neither are they notably shy, neat nor are they notably prim or something like that.
In my opinion all 12 zodiac signs are strongly misunderstood, which has many reasons but this would be too extensive and inappropriate for this thread...

I think that it's possible that Megan Fox has Leo Rising.
Eva Green, Johnny Depp or Marilyn Manson (like mentioned above) also give off mysterious and enigmatic vibes and have Rodden Rating AA.
They are not like that smiling, sunny, open-hearted, flamboyant stereotype of Leo Rising either.

Besides look at the Scorpio Risings.I personally know many of them that don't fit the "vampire type" but have accurate birth times.
Some examples of celebrities:
Grace Kelly (Rodden Rating AA) - does she really look so much like a typical stereotype Scorpio Rising?
Or Katherine Kelly Lang, Amélie Mauresmo, Émilie Dequenne, Chris Evans or David Guetta (all of them have Rodden Rating AA)?
Or Justin Bieber? (at least he tries to look bad)

Maybe some of you just can consider it worth thinking about. :smile:

SueLou

theM I tend to agree with you. There can be a simplistic fixed way of thinking around what certain signs should look like. There are astrologers who say water rising signs will usually have blue or green eyes. It's childish/simple, it follows then that black or Asian people would rarely have a water sign as ascendant. Not saying that was said here, I'm just saying it gets a little dicey trying to say any person *must* look a certain way to fit their ascending sign.

Cascada

I seriously thought she had some Scorpio in her too, but the source says that she simply said she was a Leo rising, she never stated an exact time (or did she?). Perhaps she's an early Leo rising, with the Pluto square/Saturn trine (I've seen tight aspects between Saturn/Ascendant a lot in actors/actresses). I think the way you described her though, with her physique etc, that could easily be applied to a Taurus. The things you quoted her on- that's very similar to how I express myself. I'm a Leo rising with an exact Pluto square, so maybe that's something we have in common. I think she does have obvious Leo pride, overall. Making her ascendant square Pluto, she'd have Aries as her midheaven, which I think would suit her. Anyway, she has her Sun trine Mars and her Sun square Moon... I can imagine why she gives off that intense/Mars like energy, especially since Sun rules her chart.

luke123

I have followed megan fox. From what I have gathered from both astrology and her life path is that she is in fact has a scorpio rising. Firstly when simply researching her early childhood you can clearly see the pluto conjunct the ascendant. For example if you read this interview megan fox did for Rolling stones you can confirm her pluto rising.

Interview link: http://www.megansafox.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=279 (If the link does not work I can provide the interview once requested).

Namely to outline what is mentioned in the interview, firstly she says her birth was difficult (experienced by most who have pluto rising), secondly she says she was severely bullied at school and was called a whore for no reason (Sexuality is prominent in the physical facial features of plutonians). She says she never made friends which again is what pluto rising people are known for which is being loners. Now many of you has said she publicly appears to be a leo but that can be alternatively explained as a result of a leo midheaven. She always expresses how shy she is which is a trait of a pluto rising where they are seemingly shy.

Some charts show her to have a retrograde pluto in scorpio conjunct her scorpio ascendant that may further intensify the effects of pluto. Additionally would explain the difficulties she has faced with a retrograde planet such as pluto occupying her first house and conjunct her ascendant. If you watch any of her interviews she is very variable in her behavior where at times she is very expressive and vocal and at other times timid and shy. This is an indicator of pluto conjunct her ascendant where these people either express themselves enthusiastically however without revealing their true selves or being very seemingly shy.

People with pluto conjunct their ascendant are said to face marginalization from others. "I’ve learned that you can’t please everyone. So don’t even try it. It’s a waste of time trying to make everyone like you. Just be you. I’ve learned the hard way and in the end, some people are just so full of hate that no matter what you say or do, they’ll always have something to say. They’ll never like you. So **** them." Megan fox . The hate she has experienced indicates the pluto rising.

Small talk is also said to be avoided by first house pluto individuals "I like to cut through the BS. I don’t like small talk and I don’t like to have to be a cookie cutter." Megan Fox

Megan always mentions how insecure she is which is not a trait usually of a leo rising which is the complete opposite "I'm self-loathing, introverted, and neurotic." Megan fox.

Additionally Megan is very private in the sense that she has no social networking accounts "Im one of those people who fiercely guards their privacy, so I hate doing interviews." Megan fox. She also says she does not leave her house "I have no friends, and I never leave my house" Megan fox.

Below are links that outline the traits of pluto on the ascendant:

http://scorpioland.org/pluto-first-house-act-like-a-scorpio/

http://darkstarastrology.com/pluto-ascendant-aspects/

Lastly I would just like to say these are just a collection of my personal observations I do not have concrete evidence. Please read the rolling stones interview as it is very informative and reliable, it will help you confirm her actual rising sign.

Last edited:

Cascada

I have followed megan fox. From what I have gathered from both astrology and her life path is that she is in fact has a scorpio rising. Firstly when simply researching her early childhood you can clearly see the pluto conjunct the ascendant. For example if you read this interview megan fox did for Rolling stones you can confirm her pluto rising.

Interview link: http://www.megansafox.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=279 (If the link does not work I can provide the interview once requested).

Namely to outline what is mentioned in the interview, firstly she says her birth was difficult (experienced by most who have pluto rising), secondly she says she was severely bullied at school and was called a whore for no reason (Sexuality is prominent in the physical facial features of plutonians). She says she never made friends which again is what pluto rising people are known for which is being loners. Now many of you has said she publicly appears to be a leo but that can be alternatively explained as a result of a leo midheaven. She always expresses how shy she is which is a trait of a pluto rising where they are seemingly shy.

Some charts show her to have a retrograde pluto in scorpio conjunct her scorpio ascendant that may further intensify the effects of pluto. Additionally would explain the difficulties she has faced with a retrograde planet such as pluto occupying her first house and conjunct her ascendant. If you watch any of her interviews she is very variable in her behavior where at times she is very expressive and vocal and at other times timid and shy. This is an indicator of pluto conjunct her ascendant where these people either express themselves enthusiastically however without revealing their true selves or being very seemingly shy.

People with pluto conjunct their ascendant are said to face marginalization from others. "I’ve learned that you can’t please everyone. So don’t even try it. It’s a waste of time trying to make everyone like you. Just be you. I’ve learned the hard way and in the end, some people are just so full of hate that no matter what you say or do, they’ll always have something to say. They’ll never like you. So **** them." Megan fox . The hate she has experienced indicates the pluto rising.

Small talk is also said to be avoided by first house pluto individuals "I like to cut through the BS. I don’t like small talk and I don’t like to have to be a cookie cutter." Megan Fox

Megan always mentions how insecure she is which is not a trait usually of a leo rising which is the complete opposite "I'm self-loathing, introverted, and neurotic." Megan fox.

Additionally Megan is very private in the sense that she has no social networking accounts "Im one of those people who fiercely guards their privacy, so I hate doing interviews." Megan fox. She also says she does not leave her house "I have no friends, and I never leave my house" Megan fox.

Below are links that outline the traits of pluto on the ascendant:

http://scorpioland.org/pluto-first-house-act-like-a-scorpio/

http://darkstarastrology.com/pluto-ascendant-aspects/

Lastly I would just like to say these are just a collection of my personal observations I do not have concrete evidence. Please read the rolling stones interview as it is very informative and reliable, it will help you confirm her actual rising sign.

But Megan Fox is actually into astrology and she has stated herself that she is a Leo rising.
Besides, everything you just said could literally be applied to Pluto square the Ascendant/Pluto in the 4th.. I relate to her. I have Leo rising with an exact Pluto square, I feel like I'm on the same page as her for many reasons.. the attitude, the childhood, the inability to relate to others.
If you watch any of her interviews she is very variable in her behavior where at times she is very expressive and vocal and at other times timid and shy. This can easily be applied to Moon in the 1st.
Megan always mentions how insecure she is which is not a trait usually of a leo rising which is the complete opposite "I'm self-loathing, introverted, and neurotic." Megan fox. Insecure simply means she's very aware of the attention she gets, she's very aware of her body image. That is Leo rising all over. Leo rising, Moon in the 1st, ascendant ruler in 10th in Taurus.. she must feel like she's constantly under scrutiny (which is obviously the case for her).
You're judging a book by it's cover. I have Leo rising and I very rarely leave the house, too, just like her. Though she has no planets in the 4th house like I do (unless Pluto is indeed in her 4th), she does have Moon in the 1st, which must make her extra sensitive to the impressions she gets from others, she must "pick up" a lot from her environment.. it must be draining.

luke123

Your argument is quite valid. However can you provide with a reliable source that shows her stating her rising sign to be a leo. The main reason I argue for her being a scorpio ascendant is due to the interview published in rolling stones magazine it points to the conjunction. Additionally the square aspect can make sense however is not as strong as the conjunction. I believe that she appear to be leo as a result of a midheaven in leo.

Cascada

Your argument is quite valid. However can you provide with a reliable source that shows her stating her rising sign to be a leo. The main reason I argue for her being a scorpio ascendant is due to the interview published in rolling stones magazine it points to the conjunction. Additionally the square aspect can make sense however is not as strong as the conjunction. I believe that she appear to be leo as a result of a midheaven in leo.

On an astrology website, it states how she has an interest in astrology, and there's a link that shows a conversation where she is talking a little about astrology. On this site, it states she's a Leo rising with Taurus Sun.

(birth time source: http://m-fox.org/pix/displayimage.php?pid=11046&fullsize=1 In this article Megan Fox herself talks about her interest in astrology. The interview mentions that "For the record, she is a Taurus with a Leo Rising" And as Megan Fox is into Astrology (she spoke about it on the Ellen show) it's likely that she knows her risign sign.)

luke123

Oh okay I guess your right. Can you please explain to me the difference of pluto conjunct the ascendant and pluto square the ascendant. If its not any trouble could you be somehow elaborate most sites are very brief and vague.

Cascada

Oh okay I guess your right. Can you please explain to me the difference of pluto conjunct the ascendant and pluto square the ascendant. If its not any trouble could you be somehow elaborate most sites are very brief and vague.

We're kind of gatecrashing the thread now.. If you want to discuss something else other than Megan Fox's ascendant, then we can private message?

Kannon

After a thorough investigation of her natals and progressions I can tell you that Megan Fox is in fact Leo rising - about 10* - and that her husband, Brian Austin Green's Jupiter at 9 Aqua is directly opp/cp her Asc. In addition, his North Node [23S13] is within 0*01' of exact Parallel to her 7th house (Aqua) ruler Uranus [23S14].

Just correcting for the record -- that I was wrong here too.

Last edited:

theM

Finally the answer from her birth certificate:

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Fox,_Megan

This rising sign and Mars in conjunction look revealing to me.

But another celebrity that left most of us clueless about her Ascendant.
Eventually I can say it's just too difficult to guess someone's Ascendant in Hollywood
where people play roles constantly, with the whole make-up, plastic surgery, lights and costumes and so on.
We don't get to know the real people behind the facade.
That's maybe the problem and so it's not that bad. :wink:

MaybeNow

You might be able to figure it out more easily from videos where they are themselves, not from still pics or when they are acting.

savanna

Mars on the ascendant explains why people guessed Scorpio ascendant (traditional ruler of Scorpio being Mars)

She must have got the AM and PM confused with her birth time. 12:35 PM chart has Leo rising.

Kannon

Finally the answer from her birth certificate:

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Fox,_Megan

This rising sign and Mars in conjunction look revealing to me.

But another celebrity that left most of us clueless about her Ascendant.

No kidding!

Eventually I can say it's just too difficult to guess someone's Ascendant in Hollywood
where people play roles constantly, with the whole make-up, plastic surgery, lights and costumes and so on.
We don't get to know the real people behind the facade.
That's maybe the problem and so it's not that bad. :wink:

Yeah, this can be a problem in using celebrities for examples of rising signs and such, and I should know better than to take such word of mouth stuff from someone who clearly over estimates her understanding of astrology.

Mars on the ascendant explains why people guessed Scorpio ascendant (traditional ruler of Scorpio being Mars)

She must have got the AM and PM confused with her birth time. 12:35 PM chart has Leo rising.

Yes, and it happens more often than people would like to think. I should have known to check for both times. I've done it before.

Alexandria22

I saw on a site that her Midheaven (reputation) is Scorpio. Remember, the Midheaven is a person's reputation, and I've noticed that a lot of people appear more like their midheavens' than their ascendants'. But I saw on another natal chart Megan has a Pisces midheaven, so who knows. I think she has a scorpio midheaven though, hence, her dark reputation.

I am scorpio sun, sag ascendant, but everyone around me, from high school, to college, to the workforce, etc talks about my style, and "elegance." Turns out it's my Libra Midheaven taking over sometimes. Elizabeth Taylor and Catherine Zeta Jones are Libran Midheavens, too.