Love with foreigners or in foreign land

KristyDarling

I know some aspects that could make you marry a foreigner or getting married far a way from your birth place:

Are there other aspects besides this ones?
-ruler of the 7th in the 9th
-Ruler of the 9th in the 7th
-Ruler of the 7th in Sagittarius.

Other thing is that the word foreigner is very general. All of us imagine someone from a different country. But it can also mean someone of your same country but different region. How can you figure this?

I have read some text.
if one's 7th Ruler is Naptune or Jupiter , one has high chance to married foreigner.
If the 7th Ruler in 9th => your partner comes from another continent or very far away from your country.

If the 7th Ruler in 3rd => your partner from the country , near to you.

I just really don't know about how things work with others.

Here is mine.

My 7th Ruler is Neptune .
I have my Neptune in 3rdHouse , Neptune in Saggitarius.

I had 4 serious relationship (not include dating/flings)
All are foriegners:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The first one was from the same continent , but live in Australia.
The second , same Nationality as me but we are not the same race.
The third , he live in my country, but he 's from far away land , in Europe.
My current relationship , he is from Europe too.

Sometimes I do tried of the differences of my relationship , I just want to settle down with someone who totally think/feel/believe as same as I do.
But I think I always atrracted to forieghner than my friends .
Maybe the answer is in my chart.

bittermoon

Yeah, funny, I lived in the uk for 7 years and I only very occasionally hear people mention my accent is slightly different. Its usually English people or someone with a very good ear that can hear the subtle change. I really have a hard time believing that amount of time in a foreign country can totally alter your language. It does seem phony. Although I did love

listening to expats of 10 plus years and hearing their funny syntactical mutations. Really

great.

Although I do think being married or similar to a native and living in their country can hasten your immersion. You want to communicate clearly, unfettered by cultural stigma, so you adopt phrases and the turn of speech pretty quickly.

phony? i think it's actually rather normal. or perhaps it's my pisces rising, but whenever i spend enough time in a different country, i pick up the accent, too.. if only subtly. even when i speak my native tongue, i apparently have a slight english accent. that doesn't surprise me as i've spent the majority of the past 15 years in english speaking countries. nothing phony about it.

Ixaee

phony? i think it's actually rather normal. or perhaps it's my pisces rising, but whenever i spend enough time in a different country, i pick up the accent, too.. if only subtly. even when i speak my native tongue, i apparently have a slight english accent. that doesn't surprise me as i've spent the majority of the past 15 years in english speaking countries. nothing phony about it.

I agree... :pinched:

This also happens to me whenever I even spend much time with someone who has a strong, foreign accent.. I tend to pick up on some of their nuances the more time I spend with them. My accent doesnt fully change, but I do get a slight/subtle tinge..

We humans are extremely adaptable creatures, and we're designed to fit into whichever environment and/or culture that we find ourselves in. Its natural...... instinctive, unconscious survival..

MaeMae

Banned
it seems it would be commonplace, then, about expats of any country.
i have a college friend i've known 30 years who is from southern california but has lived last 25 yrs in hong kong. she works and has family there. she hasn't lost her cali sound.
another friend, london born and raised has been living in u.s. for 40+years and he still sounds cockney. barely understandable.
so what creates the difference in language orientation / shifts?
if i guess, i'd say it would be related to merc and neptune and 3rd house ruler.
~pardon the detraction

bittermoon

my 3rd house ruler is mercury, which sits in the 5th house in cancer. no aspects with neptune. i do tend to pick up on other people's body language, words, and even mannerisms rather quickly. if you are british and i'm talking to you, chances are that my accent will be more british than if you were american. maybe this is because english is not my first language?

it's interesting though. when i was in high school, i would also pick up on my best friend's handwriting and 'mimic' it.

MaeMae

Banned
my 3rd house ruler is mercury, which sits in the 5th house in cancer. no aspects with neptune. i do tend to pick up on other people's body language, words, and even mannerisms rather quickly. if you are british and i'm talking to you, chances are that my accent will be more british than if you were american. maybe this is because english is not my first language?

it's interesting though. when i was in high school, i would also pick up on my best friend's handwriting and 'mimic' it.

yep, that might be the mercurial "adaptability" and ability to subtly pick up on all forms of communication.
my thoughts on neptune's role are that neptune likes to smoothe self along, not standing out for fear of not blending in or fear of being noticed/standing out. it could be either or.

Last edited:

scorpittarian

I pick up people's accent, body language, mannerism, etc but only for a while. I've to hang out with any person for minimum 2 weeks & then I begin to mimic that person's communication style(mostly if I find it interesting).

I've an empty 3H in Aries.
Mars in Sagittarius in the 11H.
Mercury in Sagittarius in the 10th.
No Neptune aspects.

I think it's my Neptune conjunct ascendant that makes my communication style very chameleon like. But then ummm....I too find lingual twists phony & telling of an innate insecurity.

bittermoon

I pick up people's accent, body language, mannerism, etc but only for a while. I've to hang out with any person for minimum 2 weeks & then I begin to mimic that person's communication style(mostly if I find it interesting).

No Neptune aspects.

I think it's my Neptune conjunct ascendant that makes my communication style very chameleon like. But then ummm....I too find lingual twists phony & telling of an innate insecurity.

i would say that's neptune conjunct ascendant. i am also very chameleon like and can adapt very quickly to different (social) situations. neptune is my chart ruler, sitting in sag in the 8th/9th house.

MaeMae

Banned

No Neptune aspects.

neptune rules 3rd house in your natal?

MaeMae

Banned

No Neptune aspects.

where is ruler of asc in chart and what house does it rule?

scorpittarian

Sagittarian Mars, the ruler of my 3H in natal, sits in the 11H.

Hmmm....I never thought about the chart ruler & the house it rules....:pinched:

My ascendant's in Capricorn so that makes Saturn the chart ruler. Saturn also rules my 12H, sits in Aquarius & is intercepted in my 1st. Now, that makes sense.

MaeMae

Banned

My ascendant's in Capricorn so that makes Saturn the chart ruler. Saturn also rules my 12H, sits in Aquarius & is intercepted in my 1st. Now, that makes sense.

house rulerships show a lot.

labelledujour

My Virgo fiance is from the same country, but of a place around 200 miles away from mine, while he's half-Belgian due to his mother. Ruler of my Cancer DSC is in Moon in Scorpio in the 9th house. I also have mostly foreigners as friends or half-Greeks, since my Sag 11th house is ruled by my 5th Jupiter in Gemini (singleton). Leo is intercepted on my DSC, btw

Ironically enough, my Leo sis, even though she has a triple Sag conjunction (Moon/Jupiter/Uranus), she doesn't get along with foreigners and doesn't even speak English well. Weird, because ruler of her Pisces Asc is Neptune in Sag in the 9th house conj her MC! Maybe that's because ruler of her Virgo DSC is Virgo Mercury in the 6th house.

labelledujour

My God, scorpittarian, we both have Saturn ruling our Asc and Aquarius intercepting my 1st. I also have my NN intercepted in Aquarius. In what degree is your ASC? Mine is at 24 deg 48'.

scorpittarian

My God, scorpittarian, we both have Saturn ruling our Asc and Aquarius intercepting my 1st. I also have my NN intercepted in Aquarius. In what degree is your ASC? Mine is at 24 deg 48'.

WOW!!!!!my ascendant's at 25'35 in capricorn:biggrin::cool:. My Saturn sits at 24'59 in aquarius. My ascendant chooses to hold it close. It's my lord of geniture, chart ruler & the only planet in an air sign.

MaeMae

Banned
My Virgo fiance is from the same country, but of a place around 200 miles away from mine, while he's half-Belgian due to his mother. Ruler of my Cancer DSC is in Moon in Scorpio in the 9th house. I also have mostly foreigners as friends or half-Greeks, since my Sag 11th house is ruled by my 5th Jupiter in Gemini (singleton). Leo is intercepted on my DSC, btw

Ironically enough, my Leo sis, even though she has a triple Sag conjunction (Moon/Jupiter/Uranus), she doesn't get along with foreigners and doesn't even speak English well. Weird, because ruler of her Pisces Asc is Neptune in Sag in the 9th house conj her MC! Maybe that's because ruler of her Virgo DSC is Virgo Mercury in the 6th house.

sounds like sister might be fixed in nature. fixed signs on 3rd or 9th could also indicate resistance to adapting to foreigners or language differences. however, in academic settings, other "languages" - science (chem, physics, engineering, etc ~ languages of their own ~) music, mathmatics can be areas of mastery for 3rd & 9th, merc and jup ruled natives.

jjj

I have NN in Aqua in my 9th house and nearly all my loves have been foreigners. I have been living abroad for the last 6 years, but it was like that even before, when I lived in my homeland.
I am not sure if I will return to live permanently in my homeland, but you never know... I have been attracted by foreign countries (and languages) from my early age.

Claire19

interesting. all my relationships have been with 'foreigners' and in a 'foreign land', but i have none of the indicators above. my chart ruler, neppy, is in sag in the 9th house (or rather on the cusp) but that's about it.
What does Neptune aspect? What does your Jupiter do? Venus?
Show your chart and we can find the answers.

C0rnholio

i have venus in pisces on 9th house cusp. ruler of 4th is venus and ruler of 9th is neptune in 4th.
i have had several boyfriends in my life from other countries but i have never lived abroad.
i've been told by several astrologers in life that i would likely end my days in a foreign land.
WOW! I too have the ruler of 4th in the 9th. Also, I am a guy and my image of a woman is Moon is in Sag. I moved to a foreign land and date foreign women. Pretty cool!

C0rnholio

The fifth house cusp and planets are important too, for flirts and love relations.
And of course, planets in the seventh house with aspects to Uranus or Jupiter.
Wow again. I have Aquarius on the 5th house cusp, and my 7th house is ruled by Mars in the same 7th house with an opposition and a square to Uranus and Jupiter. I am doomed to date hot foreign women.