Countries with Capricorn Suns

flea

Thinking about Pluto moving through capricorn....there's a fair few countrues with cap suns.....as they often take the date 1 jan...wondering if we are seeing countries with big challenges....Britain comes to mind.....economically not going so well. But the fed chart of Australia is Cappy, and Australia seems to be holding up reasonably well.

Greece has a uranus neptune conjunction that has been nudged a lot by Pluto resently

Worth looking at some countries at the mo???

FleaXX

dr. farr

Mexico (allegedly) is allocated (historically) to Capricorn (note the recent earth quake there, as well as drug gang warfare-just today 7 police were murdered there)

(Note: I personally have difficulty with the various country sign/planet allocations found both in historical and contemporary mundane practice: not that I necessarily have anything better to offer!!)

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Ok-I agree with Dr Farr on this one.
Let's use Australia as an example. If we use the chart for when Australia became a commonwealth (1st Jan 1901), Australia has a Cap sun, and an Aries ascendant.

If we use the *first Landing* chart-26th Jan 1788, we see the sun in Aquarius.

I'm sure there are anomalies like this regarding *which chart* to use for many countries.
However, both charts for Australia show Saturn being the sun's ruler. Perhaps this upcoming Sat/Uranus opposition may shed light on which chart is more applicable. The Commonwealth chart shows sun in h9 conjunct Saturn(in Cap).
The First Landing chart shows the Sun in aqu right on the ascendant. In that chart, Pluto is in h1, and Saturn and Venus are conjunct in Aquarius in h1, so either way, for Australia, Saturn is a big player.

As the Aboriginals had preceded the British by like, 40,000+ years, it's hard to see a birth chart only beginning when the white people came.
To me that would be more of an Event chart.
The Dutch had also discovered Australia in 1606-another potential natal chart .
The eastern half of Austr. was claimed by the British in 1770. Yet another option.
The first recorded use of the word *Australia* was in 1625.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia

So I'm very interested in the upcoming transits in terms of which chart it validates, if any.
Cheers
Lilly

flea

hmmm maybe better than saying it is a country chart is to look at it a when a certain government system came into being.... Which is a kind of a Capricorn subject??

FleaXX

Ebenia

Iceland must be under Capricorn too. Saturn=cold
Thinking about recently collapsed bank system and volcanic erruption seems like classic sign of saturn opp uranus with pluto t-sq.

I have head that actually the Saturn opposition with Uranus is the main reason for Iceland's problems, cause it hit's the chart of Iceland very hard. Saturn is conjunct Iceland's MC, but I would think that is more about their way of being in the world as a country (limiting, not very open etc.).

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/countries/iceland.php

dr. farr

According to the old time authors, Greece is also under Capricorn (this is a very old allocation)-as all know, Greece recently barely escaped national bankruptcy.

Another country which has been allocated to Capricorn by authors since the time of Al-Biruni (1000 AD) is Afghanistan-no comment regarding that country's situation is necessary.

Yet, as I wrote earlier, I still have problems with the current (and historical) allocation of countries/regions/cities. to signs and planets...

Last edited:

Claire19

Thinking about Pluto moving through capricorn....there's a fair few countrues with cap suns.....as they often take the date 1 jan...wondering if we are seeing countries with big challenges....Britain comes to mind.....economically not going so well. But the fed chart of Australia is Cappy, and Australia seems to be holding up reasonably well.

Greece has a uranus neptune conjunction that has been nudged a lot by Pluto resently

Worth looking at some countries at the mo???

FleaXX
Yes as Australians we are holding up reasonably well but at a huge financial cost. The Government has spent billions on a stimulus package for most of the citizens who have spent it on largely imported goods and some overseas holidays. Many got it who didnt need it or really want it and then others who badly needed a cash injection, who missed out.
THere is a huge division about whether it was worth it. The future generations will carry that debt but then again there may be heavier taxes imposed in the future. There have been billions wasted especially with an ill conceived insulation programme for houses and other things...
Dont get me started...

Claire19

Mexico (allegedly) is allocated (historically) to Capricorn (note the recent earth quake there, as well as drug gang warfare-just today 7 police were murdered there)

(Note: I personally have difficulty with the various country sign/planet allocations found both in historical and contemporary mundane practice: not that I necessarily have anything better to offer!!)
I tend to agree with you on assignment of county rulership. I feel that some are quite suspect...... I do tend to think that Capricorn is suggestive of our national character here in Australia but we are a melting pot more and more of various nationalities. We have strong Aquarius in our national chart as well. We were pioneers in aviation and we are known for our humanitarian activities. :happy:

Claire19

Iceland must be under Capricorn too. Saturn=cold
Thinking about recently collapsed bank system and volcanic erruption seems like classic sign of saturn opp uranus with pluto t-sq.
Also Neptune must be in connection with Saturn for ice....
I think the Neptune in Aquarius and Uranus in Pisces as mutual reception and in the same degree is also very telling.

Yes us English people have a Capricorn Sun, and I feel at home here. I like our inhibitions. I once had a thread deleted for talking about stereotypes and countries, so tread carefully. Germany have Sun in Libra and so they will be affected by Saturn, Uranus, Pluto. Apparently they have Capricorn rising. The movies get away with "bad guy" stereotyping. The Americans are always the good guys and the Russians are the baddies.

We have to tread to carefully Templeton, or we could easily start a war. Blackmail could work. I always thought America and England were mates. Only because at one time the old Presidents were friendly (Tony Blair and Bush) or put on a united front. I have my own synastry with America and England and I should see who I get on best with. America has two Cancer planets (I think). This might fair well with my Pisces planets.

I am shy in personality and I wouldn't fit in :biggrin:. If you don't agree with your own country's values it would show in synastry. America gets tagged with doing everything in a BIG WAY like resizing the Horary Rules. I won't give them a hard time, they created "The Simpson's" and it's pretty funny, actually I like quite a few American shows. What in America's chart shows that they make far better movies? English movies are boring.

Last edited:
My Pisces Sun trines their natal Sun and so I could get along with America. We have a Moon-Mars conjunction in Aquarius, according to the chart online. My Sun in Pisces squares their Asc and this is the conflict we have. My Sun trines their Jupiter so that is nice too. My Moon-Mercury in Pisces squares Mars in Gemini, we have some emotional friction and different ways of communication. America's Mercury trines my Mercury, we flow there. A Sun-Venus trine too.

I might be OK with America on the whole. I have difficulty with the way they come across (Sag Asc) and their quit wit (Mars in Gemini) or fast talking :biggrin:. I have a mute Moon-mercury conjunction in Pisces and commune with the sea. My Moon-Mercury has been labelled a public-speaker but I can't speak in public. Apparently the thing that people fear most is public speaking even over death. :whistling: I would rather die than talk anywhere in public. I was called a mute in school, because I couldn't talk publicly. It's not that I don't have anything to say. I just can't do it. Well anyway, that's my love affair with America and my weaknesses exposed. England next, I hope that's good.

Last edited:
Good observations Templeton. In my honest opinion, American's come across as if they have a lot of self-belief are always happy (OTT) :sagittarius:. However, it seems you are a deeply sensitive and defensive country considering the Sun is in :cancer: and perhaps you all feel vulnerable to attack and the square to Saturn shows you have an inferiority complex. I would think family values and such would be at your core. There seems a lot of over-compensation. America appears patriotic and you all believe you can achieve anything. The self-belief books and motivational DVD'S mostly come from there. Yet, if you fail at something, I am not sure as a country you admit your failures. Maybe the hype of the Asc :sagittarius: and Sun-Jupiter conjunction, is a defense.

So you belive that you are a country that likes war. You would think war would be the last defense/resort. What about that Mars square Neptune though, how does that operate. Mars (war) is in Gemini in the 7th house would this rule how the country goes about war. I get that we are different at core and do present a united front. I really like that analysis, so true.