Modern Astrology Vs Traditional Astrology Placements

Which Astrology do you use Modern or Traditional?

• Traditional Astrology

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Modern Astrology

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Love2Know

Re: please do not attack the responders, to All

All,

Please do not attack the responders to your questions. Some responses you will like and some you won't. Ignore the one you don't and respond to the ones you do like. Just a reminder that attacking other members is NOT permitted on the AW forum, either attacking directly or attacking someone's astrological response. Focus on the PROBLEM not the PERSON and you should be OK. I deleted some posts from this thread that were attacking personally.

Following up,

Tim
I just sent you a personal message asking who was attacking who??????? I feel this thread is very positive and joyous.

Love2Know

I don't think it was about you, DS you arnt attacking anyone you are presenting me with my ocd stats lol Which I found embarrassing and humerus all at once *pets DS on the head

Love2Know

Drowzy, you're brilliant. I should totally add "This is not an attacking comment" to my signature, just in case.

Yeah, I'm also very confused as to why this thread required mod intervention. o_O

Yes this is a Debby Downer of a situation! Hi ho Hi ho its off to work I go, pray for me:( workpfft

sandstone

Banned
note to choe and mso on the equal house system...

this is the house system used primarily in indian or vedic astrology.. they also use the sidereal zodiac in their calculations.. they also consider a planet in the sign to be a planet in the same house, so it is very similar to whole/sign houses, except it is in sidereal and they put more emphasis on the degree.. as waybread pointed upstream - the whole sign/house system is quite old and might explain why the indian astrology use of equal house system is very similar...

i use a variant of equal and whole sign/house... to me the cusp of the ascendant is like the crest of the wave.. it is a fun way to think of cusps if you are into vibrational connections off a point such as the rising degree.. instead of thinking like planets in boxes, think of the possibility of a planet sitting somewhere between the crest and the gully of waves.. planets close to the crest will be more visible - planets making aspects to the ascendant degree for example - while planets in between the wave tops will operate in a less obvious fashion..

the idea of houses as boxes has never appealed to me though, so i am stating my personal preference.. the fun thing about equal and whole sign house is they keep the planets connected to the sign (based off the ascendant) in the same house regardless of where it is with relation to the crest of the wave - cusp.. something to consider....... cheers

Too much Aquarius

Hi all, sorry to interupt here!

I mainly study astrology for family, friends and myself but recently I saw a professional astrologer of 30 years plus and is a teacher here in australia. She put me on to whole signs, it makes so much sense for my chart 7 planets have moved and I feel my chart really reflects me now. For example I had Neptune in the tenth, which didn't reflect my career or work aspirations but using whole signs I have Uranus in the tenth now which is much more accurate now. So I'm a definite convert!!

There is a good thread on this site about whole signs and it's history if you're interested further,

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42163

Last edited:

SniperBomber328

Wow this thread has gone quite far for a day ( I think). Anyway's to L2K, the house system you choose is all a matter of research, and reflection. Like test yourself whether you think you fit the bill of a 12th House Sun or 11th House Sun? Read the descriptions on both of those, do some research and identify yourself with either one. Doing this, and reflecting on your planets will help you. Eventually you'll come down smack to which house system works best for you.

At least, it is what I did, cause I use to use Placidus, then Koch. Now I am a 'Whole Sign House' user, and happy about my choice. That, and tha fact that I had it easier, since none of my planets really changed that much, except my sun.

To someone who said that Mercury isn't fall in Leo, I only meant since she was a modernist (L2K), and I think (don't quote me on this) Modern Astro. say's Mercury is Exalted in Aquarius.

Love2Know

ok so I found this in a website; "Not everyone with a 12th house Sun loses a father so literally, but in some way, the fathering influence will be dampened or sacrificed. Dad’s support or encouragement of the child’s special gifts will be lacking."
(http://skywriter.wordpress.com/2010/07/02/the-twelfth-house-comparing-ancient-and-modern-views/)
This is totaly false, I have one of the best dads in the world.He is the one who supported me especially education wise even when teachers doubted my ability he would always be an example to me telling me how he was diagnosed with several learning disabilities and he got 2 degrees (I think maybe 3) and a masters with top grades while working full time, and he pays for my university. Emotionally I am not very mushy with my dad or super bonded as hang out buddies (which I think is weird)... we relate more intellectually. Though, if I must relate to this the people around me (like friends) do tell me I never talk about my dad..... which is odd I guess.... The same thing happens in person no one realizes I have a boyfriend, and they always ask me why I didn't say I did, but I don't think I need to randomly bring it up if it is irrelevant to the conversation.. I do though.. people just don't seem to think I do. Also I think he has several 12th house planets including a 12th house gemini moon. Though, I guess I should be taking the placement of the sun, cancer into consideration as well as it's aspects.

Last edited:

Love2Know

You have a present for me what? That is true I spent(d) a lot of time screwing around and my dads parents died when he was a teen, plus his family was extremely poor and had to become very independent very fast. His life is devoted to helping people in need he always tries to make me go in his field lol.

Rebel Uranian

I know this is late to post and doesn't have much to do with trad, but I found an answer to your question a while back:

Does 6th house mars Capricorn mean my teeth will fall out?

For example - A Capricorn Mars in sixth house is an awesome placement and many of the great worriers and leaders have it - Cricketer Imran Khan of Pakistan has it. Maharaja Ranjeet Singh of punjab had it. The effects are shown in the right dasha periods.

The 6th house (trad):

"Mars joys here.
Lilly notes: "we usually find that Mars and Venus in conjunction in this house are arguments of a good physician" ([CA], p.54).
Cosignificators are Virgo and Mercury. "

I've tried trad. My experience with it is that it's just as bad as modern. I still have other types of astrology to dabble with before I decide either which one to use or to become a full-time skeptic (or at least a little bit closer to one) in the mainstream sense of the word.

Last edited:

waybread

Love2know-- Apologies if you know this already.

It is important to be a connoisseur of astrology writing. There is the good, the bad, and the downright idiotic. (Sun as Dad) + (12th house as misfortunate) = Dad problems, according to the interpretation you posted. I would place this in the idiotic category, unless other chart factors support it. For one thing, we have to look at how that sun is aspected.

To many astrologers the sun is Dad only in a day birth: it's Saturn in a night birth. Then the 4th house and IC traditionally represent the father. However, it gets more complicated, and perhaps the best thing is to look at the MC/IC axis.

Hopefully if you read the sun as a modern astrologer would, as your identity, you've found some things that make sense about the 12th house placement. The 12th house isn't unusually problematic in modern astrology, and nice sextiles or trines to the sun could make it fortunate, indeed.

Love2Know

Love2know-- Apologies if you know this already.

It is important to be a connoisseur of astrology writing. There is the good, the bad, and the downright idiotic. (Sun as Dad) + (12th house as misfortunate) = Dad problems, according to the interpretation you posted. I would place this in the idiotic category, unless other chart factors support it. For one thing, we have to look at how that sun is aspected.

To many astrologers the sun is Dad only in a day birth: it's Saturn in a night birth. Then the 4th house and IC traditionally represent the father. However, it gets more complicated, and perhaps the best thing is to look at the MC/IC axis.

Hopefully if you read the sun as a modern astrologer would, as your identity, you've found some things that make sense about the 12th house placement. The 12th house isn't unusually problematic in modern astrology, and nice sextiles or trines to the sun could make it fortunate, indeed.

Thank you once again, I would have 11th house sun in modern astrology and a 12th merc but my sun opp mars is my strongest aspect. I see what you mean cuz I have a great father, but then again in modern astrology my saturn is 4th... again with that my father was away for travel for humanitarian work... I didn't view it as bad maybe I would be a bit nervous for him in dangerous countries..... I would want to go with him but it was too dangerous for me thats the most I can think off.

Rebel Uranian

The Vedics copied my sect system and Plato copied a few other of my ideas. I think a lot of ideas are just universal.

Last edited: