Modern Astrology Vs Traditional Astrology Placements

Which Astrology do you use Modern or Traditional?

• Traditional Astrology

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Modern Astrology

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Choe

Very very interesting and educated response waybread, I am pleased with this thank you. Also, if I want to continue studying astrology I would like to focus on one system to start. I can get really scattered and flighty with things so I need to stay focused then branch out! I do believe I need more research on the houses instead of getting caught up in the negatives and look at them more rationally, I need to keep my ego out of it. I am protective of my precious chart!

Whole signs system is cra-p. I acknowledge more the equal house system.

I have the same problem , my Sun,Mars and Venus change in another house when I change the house system from Placidus to equal or Koch! :pinched: I hate that! I don't like changes on something that personal a.k.a. the personal planets.

Last edited:

Love2Know

I'll bet you would seem more Cancery in person. Online, Venus and Moon in Leo come out to play. :D

Yeah in person people swear I am leo but I do randomly bake stuff for people and throw dinner parties. But I DO LIKE to say cancer sun :) That I am a sweet delightful innocent crab :D

Ok MSO let us just agree that all cancers worship Larry David from curb your enthusiasm

Attachments

• larry_david_photo.jpg
    larry_david_photo.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

saturnsayshi

LOL.

And for some reason I naively though that whole house system was the same as equal house. Just pulled it up on astro so I can stop being an uninformed idiot and DO NOT LIKE. Everything moved! :pinched: Looks like I need to take waybread's suggestion of reading up on the different house systems.

MSO

Well, I was going to say it earlier but I didn't want to sound like a whole sign nazi. But eh, whatever.

Take on the whole sign chart. Instead of looking for the planets to fit the houses, look for the personality traits to fit the planets.

You're outgoing. Nice, but does that mean your Sun is in the 11th? Probably not. There are other placements and aspects that do the exact same thing.

Me and L2K have an eerily similar chart. We have a lot of similarities in our personality. Ordinarily I'd assign my hostility to Mars being in Aries, yet hers is similar to mine. It's just the Sun/Mars opposite aspect.

See? 2 different ways of looking at the same problem. Whole signs for life!

waybread

Thanks, Love2Know!

If you can spring for a couple of books, I recommend: Helena Avelar & Luis Ribeiro, On the Heavenly Spheres: A Treatise on Traditional Astrology. It is essentially an introductory-level textbook on traditional astrology, with workbook examples. The authors are Portuguese, but I haven't heard that their system differs from Anglophone traditional astrology. They use a quadrant (unequal) house system.

Benjamin Dykes, Traditional Astrology for Today: An Introduction is a small book that works well as a companion volume. Dykes explains the "why" behind traditional astrology, more than the details of application.

Both these books are available through amazon.com and (I believe) the on-line bookshop at the American Federation of Astrologers' website.

Both of these books are really sensible. They explain traditional astrology without getting into the more negative assessments that you can find in some traditional sources in the original.

Also, as you learn more traditional astrology, you will find that there are mitigating chart factors for many negative house placements, depending upon what you've got in your chart.

MSO

Also, as you learn more traditional astrology, you will find that there are mitigating chart factors for many negative house placements, depending upon what you've got in your chart.

Yep, I gave her an example of this last night. While reading about the Sun in 12th, the site said she'd be more of an introvert, unless her ascendant was Aries or Leo.

Love2Know

No I you are right, I am too sweet to relate sorry saturn! Mso YOU WISh you were like me :p Jkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk you strive to be a male version of me don't you? JK group hug I appreciate all the info astro peeps.

Love2Know

Thanks, Love2Know!

If you can spring for a couple of books, I recommend: Helena Avelar & Luis Ribeiro, On the Heavenly Spheres: A Treatise on Traditional Astrology. It is essentially an introductory-level textbook on traditional astrology, with workbook examples. The authors are Portuguese, but I haven't heard that their system differs from Anglophone traditional astrology. They use a quadrant (unequal) house system.

Benjamin Dykes, Traditional Astrology for Today: An Introduction is a small book that works well as a companion volume. Dykes explains the "why" behind traditional astrology, more than the details of application.

Both these books are available through amazon.com and (I believe) the on-line bookshop at the American Federation of Astrologers' website.

Both of these books are really sensible. They explain traditional astrology without getting into the more negative assessments that you can find in some traditional sources in the original.

Again, amazing thank you I will pass by the book store this week I have gift cards from Christmas for it oxoxoxoxo

sandstone

Banned
houses are one of the quagmires of astrology... astrologers typically don't agree on them... according to my reading signs and houses were terms that were interchangeable a long time ago.. this still doesn't address the many ins and outs to the numerous house systems..

an alternative way to look at your chart is to consider learning as much as you can about astrology to let you make a better informed decision on just which house your planets land in..

either way love2know i see planets on angles having the most amount of say... in your chart moon/venus on the ascendant dominates and i say this from the limited amount of time i have been on this site watching the activity of members like yourself.. indian astrology, or vedic places more emphasis on the ascendant in comparison to pop astrology here in the west with emphasis on the sun... also, i think the moon is much more informative in a womens chart then the sun position..

moon/venus on your ascendant with venus connected to the midheaven suggests finding some artistic outlets for your leo energy... moon strong in a chart, and it has an even more important role in a sun in cancer person - suggests you need to be on stage, or doing something artistic where you can be the center of attention with a certain degree of drama going on to keep you entertained.. mercury at your sun/moon midpoint in combo with a focal moon might imply writing as well.. mercury is stationary as well which makes its position in your chart quite powerful given the nature of stationary planets..

i wouldn't get caught up on the house sign conundrum that tends to plague those new to astrology, as well as those who have been doing it a long while.. instead you might learn more from understanding planetary relationships through knowing more about aspects.. sun/mars opp in your chart is quite pronounced and saturn feeds right into this too via 45/135 aspects.. your sun has a very nice trine from jupiter to help offset some of the challenges associated with how it is set in your chart.. hopefully this is of some value to you.. cheers james

Love2Know

Thank you sandstone that is true I need to focus more on basics before I get discouraged over house systems and placements......... and I am happy for my sun opp mars and sun trine jupitur <3
Stillone how many ways was mso's post funny in? :)

wilsontc

Staff member
please do not attack the responders, to All

All,

Please do not attack the responders to your questions. Some responses you will like and some you won't. Ignore the one you don't and respond to the ones you do like. Just a reminder that attacking other members is NOT permitted on the AW forum, either attacking directly or attacking someone's astrological response. Focus on the PROBLEM not the PERSON and you should be OK. I deleted some posts from this thread that were attacking personally.

Following up,

Tim