What placements can make a person talented at many things?

Forgotten Warrior

Yeah. I mean, everything can't be connected with everything else, but the more connections there are the more versatile the person I'd think... Especially so if it's a splash chart with planets in many different signs/houses. A chart wth a couple stelliums where most of the planets connect will still be kind of limited. So a splash chart with lots of aspects would perhaps be the most multi-talented.... but probably the type to be 'jack of all trades, master of none'.
I also believe a Splash chart would indicate a multi-talented person...

Ekonomist13

Well, I think defining multiple talents should be our first step.

For starters, one can be talented in similar, interdisciplinary areas, such as in science or sport. No matter how many sports or sciences you're talented at, it's still not multi-talent, is it? It's just lesser degree of specialization. I would most often consider the best ones here to be Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn (fixed signs).

Then there's the polymath type of talented, meaning you get to be talented at multiple different areas (such as science, music, literature) at the same time. Those would have to be adaptive, that is, mutable, therefore Pisces, Gemini, Virgo and Sag. They often have analytical minds which combined with multiple different interests most likely result in a polymath or a drug addict (nevermind the last one it's a joke xD).

And finally, there are the most specialized types of people who don't like to vary it around a lot. Those would be cardinal, in my opinion, including Aquarius, Taurus, Leo and Scorpio. While they don't neccessarily have just one talent, it's easily summed up with one word. Aquarius are people's people and oriented on altruism and gift economy. Anything they do will revolve around that one talent, other ones being temporary and experimental. You can easily think about all the other 11 examples based on people You know.

Also keep in mind I'm talking about modalities, which means that people will most likely have a conflict between their Sun sign/ asc and the number and position of other planets - for example, I'm Pisces/Cancer with multiple talents but with problems at focusing them at multiple areas because my other planets are mostly in Cardinal and fixed signs. Therefore, even a splash chart won't help you if it's shattered totally equally or totally unequaly; You would like your chart to cover most of the same modality not to have that kind of a conflict.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Hey Ekonomist, good post but just a couple of minor corrections. Cancer, Libra, Aries and Capricorn are cardinal signs while Aquarius, Taurus, Leo and Scorpio are fixed signs.

Ekonomist13

Hey Ekonomist, good post but just a couple of minor corrections. Cancer, Libra, Aries and Capricorn are cardinal signs while Aquarius, Taurus, Leo and Scorpio are fixed signs.

Yeah, figures, it was 50-50 and I was too lazy to check.

Besides, when you slip a mistake in a well-crafted reply, you seem more humane and closer to your listeners. I believe it's a psychological phenomenom called the Pratfall effect :lol:

greybeard

If the planets are scattered all over the map, with some support here and there....

Just as when all of the planets are clustered tightly, there is a special one-pointed talent, an intense focus.

Last edited:
I was thinking of the mutable signs/planets/houses,because they show change and adaptability.And some aspects like a Kite,a Mystic Rectangle...or even the Splash chart,the one with the shattered planets through the whole zodiac.
Maybe even Aquarius itself would fit here?Not sure...:(
What's your opinion?

Definitely think each planet has its own gift... can get really interesting depending on the aspects.
Especially with trines. Seems like talents with ease.
But I’ve noticed individuals themselves don’t seem to notice their trines.
They seem to stay more focused on the hard aspects in their charts, or via transits.

Forgotten Warrior

Definitely think each planet has its own gift... can get really interesting depending on the aspects.
Especially with trines. Seems like talents with ease.
But I’ve noticed individuals themselves don’t seem to notice their trines.
They seem to stay more focused on the hard aspects in their charts, or via transits.
You do have a point,I really see trines as a natural talent,it comes unconsciously to the native,so of course they wouldn't notice.

OuterPlanets89

If the planets are scattered all over the map, with some support here and there....

Just as when all of the planets are clustered tightly, there is a special one-pointed talent, an intense focus.
Agree with this.

I would start by looking at Jupiter, Uranus and Pluto touching personal planets, with enough Saturn/Earth to balance any imbalanced aspects out (and to give the individual the focus/drive to actually work on those talents). Neptune too if we're talking about imagination/tapping into the collective, but it can be more dangerous in hiding certain things as well.

Sun conjunctions shouldn't be overlooked either (with inner or outer planets), because the individual will have direct flow of energy from that planet playing a large role in their life.

Forgotten Warrior

Agree with this.

I would start by looking at Jupiter, Uranus and Pluto touching personal planets, with enough Saturn/Earth to balance any imbalanced aspects out (and to give the individual the focus/drive to actually work on those talents). Neptune too if we're talking about imagination/tapping into the collective, but it can be more dangerous in hiding certain things as well.

Sun conjunctions shouldn't be overlooked either (with inner or outer planets), because the individual will have direct flow of energy from that planet playing a large role in their life.

Definitely agree.