View Single Post
Unread 08-29-2012, 01:48 AM

Re: equivalent of Scorpio to Chinese Zodiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by theM View Post
Sorry,but bogus sounded really unfriendly.
Merriam-Webster defines 'bogus' as 'not genuine'.

Quote:
How should it work if the month pillar is calculated using the chinese lunar calendar?
See The 60-day and 60-month Cycles for an explanation of the element-animal associated with the month in the Chinese lunar calendar.

Quote:
I found even on chinese sites that the Spring begin is 315 degrees of the solar year meaning February 3-5.
The solar term designated J1 is 'lichun' which is translated as 'Start of Spring'. This is the time in the solar year at which the Sun reaches 315 ecliptic longitude. So?

Quote:
On this site- the problem is explained and they assigned it the way I say but your idea is not wrong as there's a system where they use lunar and solar months.

Without this knowledge, above-mentioned,
most people will be confused about the solar months and lunar months.
They may think all Chinese Fortune-Telling system use lunar months. Actually, the Fortune-Telling system called Eight Characters only uses the solar month, not the lunar month. The other popular system called Dipper uses solar month and lunar month together.

Source: http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/clc/LunarCalendar.htm
Another source: http://discoveringmandarin.blogspot.de/2010/01/four-pillars-of-destiny-months-and.html
The first source quoted is the site I mentioned in an earlier message. The author of this site is confused as to how the Chinese lunar calendar is constructed. This website contains misinformation.

The second source that you cite does little more than display the table associating animals with pairs of solar terms. I showed in an earlier message that this table is misinformation (false, bogus, unreliable).

Wikipedia contains much misinformation. Some people assume that whatever they read on Wikipedia must be true because it's on Wikipedia, and Wikipedia is an encyclopedia! But Wikipedia's promoting itself as an 'encyclopedia' does not mean that it merits that name, and it does not mean that it is a reliable source of knowledge. And if you are going to cite websites as reliable then I ask: How do you know? You can know only if you do some study of the subject. Sometimes, however, you can trust what is said on a website, but only if the author knows what he is talking about. Wikipedia is rife with the opinions of people who think they know what they are talking about but don't.

For (mostly) reliable information about calendars see the Calendar Wiki.