View Single Post
Unread 06-12-2011, 06:07 PM

Re: METHODS for past lives/reincarnation

I had studied your natal chart for about an hour after I had read your first set of instruction and attempted to retrace your steps and remake the connections you'd made, but I became frustrated because I could not make the same intuitive leaps. I also was not 100% percent certain I had done the calculations correctly.

From what I can gather from this latest set of examples, you've moved the Sun and the Moon backwards through the zodiac (I prefer to think in terms of clockwise and counterclockwise, so "backwards" to me means clockwise) until they've reached the closest angle. For the Sun, the closest angle is the IC at 25 Scorpio 51. For the Moon, the closest angle is the Ascendant at 1 Virgo 10. This clockwise movement works in my own natal chart because I have the Sun and the Moon in the first house, but what if someone's key planet was located close to the Ascendant but on the twelfth house side? Would they simple continue "turning" the chart clockwise until they reached the Midheaven, or would they "turn" the chart counterclockwise because the planet was positioned more closely to the Ascendant? Would this depend upon the longitude in which the individual was born? For example, if they were born in west longitude, would they turn the chart clockwise, but if they were born in east longitude, they would turn the chart counterclockwise? Is this what you were trying to explain with this excerpt?

Quote:
If you take your birth longitude and key degrees, the sun, asc, mc, moon.
Now go 1 degree longitude (go east ahead in sign, go west backwards) from that place using each of these until you reach to any planet or one of the keys.
I will use my own unrectified natal chart as an example simply because it's less contested, to most people. It's a chart set for the time that appears on my birth certificate, although the chart differs significantly from my rectified chart. Perhaps I will attempt this method with the rectified chart, as well, and see how they differ.

I too was born at 74 west longitude, and as I mentioned earlier, my Sun and Moon are placed in angular houses like in your chart, so I can utilize the same clockwise motion to reach the closest angle.

Here are my stats:

Ascendant: 1 Aries 10
Sun: 15 Aries 36
Moon: 5 Aries 13
Midheaven: 0 Capricorn 37 (less important in my case, I believe)

The closest personal planet to an angle is the Moon; it is conjunct my Ascendant from the first house side. I'll move it clockwise to the Ascendant--a distance of approximately 4 degrees. In your example, you added this number--the distance of the planet from the angle--to the birth longitude. I was born at 74 degrees west longitude, so I add four degrees and result in 78 degrees west longitude.

The next closest personal planet to an angle is the Sun, which also is located in the first house. I'll move it clockwise to the Ascendant--a distance of 14 degrees 26", or about 14.5 degrees in the decimal system. In your example, you added this number--the distance of the planet from the angle--to the birth longitude. I was born at 74 degrees west longitude, so I add 14.5 degrees and result in 88.5 degrees west longitude.

I'm finding lots of websites where you can click a place on a map and find its exact latitude and longitude, but fewer where I can type in a longitude and identify all of the countries that run through that line of longitude. I've spent about forty minutes attempting to find images on Google of maps, but none of them zoom in closely enough. I click around randomly and hope to get close, but even so, none of the approximate longitudes appear to correspond with an area with which I know I have karmic ties. (There only are a few.) Perhaps I should try my rectified chart, even if some people question the method used to rectify.

Arian Maverick

Last edited by Arian Maverick; 06-12-2011 at 07:01 PM.