A Scorpionic Love...

The rules of this forum say that it's okay to post charts for interpretation, as long as the user who posts the charts offers their own interpretation and insight. So here goes...

My name is Kimberly, and I started dating a man named Justin just over two months ago.

The sexual attraction between us is incredibly intense. I think there's a lot in both our synastry and our composite charts that explain that.

Although I'm only 24 years old, I've been through a lot, as far as the area of sexual/love relationships is concerned. The major factors involved with me are:

1. The 7th house dominates my natal chart, although I have no planets in Libra, the 7th house sign. The shape of my natal chart is the "bucket". For those here who are new to astrology, a bucket chart is when all but one planet is clustered within three adjacent houses, and the one planet that isn't clustered in those three adjacent houses is directly opposite of them. That planet that is opposite all the other planets is called the 'handle', and in a bucket chart, the handle becomes extra important.

I'll explain how that works in my chart, IMHO. All but one planet in my chart is clustered between the middle of my 12th house, and the cusp of my 3rd. All those planets in the bottom left quadrant of my chart make me a very 'self-oriented' person. (I guess that's a nice way of saying I'm selfish, LOL.) But, the handle of my chart, my Taurus Moon, is exactly conjunct the descendant, the cusp of my 7th house. It's been explained by others that I have a compelling urge to satisfy the needs of my 7th house Taurus Moon, in order for the rest of the planets in my chart to feel fufiilled. So, although I'm a self-oriented (okay, self-centered) person, I need to work on one-on-one relationships with OTHERS, the primary 7th house issue, and that's what I ultimately need and want.

Ever since puberty, I've had a compelling need to be part of a couple and to be in love. This drive in me has resulted in me having a lot of experience with love relationships. I know very well that for the rest of my life, I'll always either be in a relationship or dating.

2. My Sun (and Mercury) are Capricorn, and the planet that rules Capricorn, Saturn, is conjunct my Ascendant. The men I've been involved with so far have always been 10+ years older than me. Part of this is perhaps because I find guys who are a bit older than me easier to relate to. (That doesn't mean I'm more mature. LOL) And I have a feeling that, by the time I'm 50 or so, I'll be involved with guys who are younger than me, in their 20s or 30s. That tendency has been associated with Capricorn influences. But, although the men I've been involved with are a bit older, they are probably all psychologically 25 years old or so. That certainly applies to Justin, the man I'm with now. He turns 38 in October, but he's never been married, never had kids, lives in a one room apartment, and he's a musician. A musician, FOR A LIVING. No 'day job'.

So, here are the charts involved. The one below is my natal chart.

zzzkimnatalzk0.gif

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi Kimberley,

Thanks for the good bit of explaining in your post, firstly:).

:confused:Either I've missed it completely, or else what is actually your question?
What would you like us to look at?
And you have only posted your own birth chart..
If you do desire us to look at, say, how compatible you and your mate are astrologically, then you might want to post a synastry or a composite chart.

:)aquarius7000

Okay, so here are my basic quick observations about my chart:

1. The Ascendant/Descendant axis is emphasized.

Saturn, Eros (the erotic asteroid) and my Ascendant are conjunct, in Scorpio. That really fascinates me. I'm an intense, mysterious Scorpio Rising. I have at least a few planets in Scorpio. I was born near the very beginning of the Pluto in Scorpio (the sign Pluto rules) generation. And the 'Scorpioness' of my chart is probably emphasized even more, because the planet that rules my Sun Sign, Saturn, is in Scorpio, and the two planets that are associated with Scorpio, Mars and Pluto, are both CONJUNCT in Scorpio. Eros is ocnsidered by many to be at it's most comfortable and intense in Scorpio. But all of my Scorpio planets are technically in my 12th house. Having all that dark Mars, Pluto, Saturn energy in my 12th house is a little disturbing to me. And Scorpio is the darkest, most intense sign. But whereas my intense Mars/Pluto conjunction is in the middle of my 12th house, Saturn/Eros are conjunct my Ascendant. Having a Scorpio Eros Ascendant makes me erotically intense, especially to others, but then, the planet of restriction, Saturn, is conjunct that!

And opposing my Scorpio Saturn is my Taurus Moon, which is exactly conjunct my Ascendant. Having a Saturn/Moon opposition, especially on my Ascendant/Descendant is really tough, even though my Moon is exhalted in Taurus. But, I guess one positive aspect is that my Capricorn Sun comfortably trines my Moon.

2. My chart is dominated by Scorpio and Sagittarius

I have a cozy Capricorn Sun/Taurus Moon trine and my Mercury is in Capricorn as well, but all my other planets are either in Scorpio or Sagittarius. Most of the time, I feel a lot more Scorpionic or Sagittarian than Capricornian or Taurean. All that Capricorn/Taurus/Scorpio energy in my chart would normally make me a very serious person who'd probably need to 'lighten up' from time to time, but that's not always an issue for me because I have four planets in Sagittarius. And, my Capricorn Mercury is conjunct my Sagittarius Jupiter and Neptune. Come to think of it, with the planets associated with Scorpio, Mars conjunct Pluto, in Scorpio, and the planet associated with Sagittarius, Jupiter, in Sagittarius, that probably strengthens my Scorpio/Sagittariusness even more so.

3. And back to the 7th house emphasis of my chart

My Taurus Moon is conjunct my Descendant. My Chiron (Wounded Healer) is also in Taurus, in my 7th house, but not conjunct my Moon. And my North Node is in my 7th house, too, but in Gemini. Having a Gemini North Node is difficult for me because I have no planets in Air Signs, and I have four planets in the same sign as my South Node, Sagittarius.

But, on a final note, despite the 7th house emphasis, I really enjoy being alone a lot of the time. I live alone, so I get to enjoy that. Having all those planets in the bottom hemisphere of my chart makes that easier for me, as do my 12th house planets. Overall, I think I'm 50% Introvert, 50% Extrovert.

Okay, now on to Justin's chart, which is below.

zzzjustinnataldw9.gif

Aqua7000...

I suppose what I'm looking for is comments about my relationship with Justin, whether or not, from an astrological standpoint, one thinks it's a good relationship or not.

Okay, here are my comments about Justin's chart. Honestly, I feel I understand my own a lot better.

1. The MC/IC Emphasis

Whereas the emphasis in my chart is more ASC/DSC, his is more MC/IC. His Mars/Pluto conjunction is in his 3rd house, and Mercury, Uranus, Jupiter, and his Libra Sun are in his 4th. Although he has no planets near his MC or in his 10th house, his Chiron is right near is MC. And his one planet in Pisces, his Moon, is not TOO far away, in his 9th. His 11th house Taurus Saturn isn't TOO far away, either. And his Moon and Saturn are both kinda opposite all of his other planets, which are clustered between his 3rd and 5th houses. He has no planets near his Ascendant or Descendant, unlike me.

2. There's not a lot more to sum up. But here goes:

He's basically just a very watery Libra. In interacting with him, his Libraness is very obvious. He has his Sun and his Mercury/Uranus conjunction in Libra. And as far as the Water emphasis of his chart is concerned-

Although he has no planets in Cancer, he has a Cancer Ascendant, and four planets, including his Libra Sun, in the house associated with Cancer, his fourth. His Moon is in Pisces. I feel his Pisces Moon rather strongly too. And he has his Jupiter, and his Venus/Neptune conjunction in Scorpio.

3. And, fitting for a 37 year old man who works as a musician for a living, he's very romantic, artistic, and somewhat wounded.

I attribute that to his Libra Sun/Pisces Moon, his Venus/Neptune conjunction in his 5th house, and perhaps to his Cancer Ascendant, too. Perhaps his Mercury/Uranus conjunction plays a role, as well.

Okay, this is the Relational Astrology forum, so, onto our synastry! Our synastry chart is below.

zzzsynastryaf7.gif

So, here's what I notice about our synastry.

The (potentially) bad:

Our Saturns are opposite. Ouch! But, the upside is perhaps the saturn/Saturn opposition is a stablizing force.

My Capricorn Sun is square his Libra Sun. But, I haven't found that to be too much of a problem, yet.

The good:

The Scorpio emphasis in our chart kind of brings us together. Although not conjunct, I have a Scorpio Mars and he has a Scorpio Venus. But, I'm the woman and he's the man! Hee, hee. And with my Scorpio Ascendant, his Venus (and his Neptune, too!) fall in my first house. Astrologers often consider that an element of attraction. And we both have an intense Mars/Pluto conjunction in both of our natal charts. Mars and Pluto are the Scorpio planets. But, his Mars/Pluto conjunction is in Virgo.

Another element of attraction is that my Capricorn Sun is conjunct his Descendant.

And, taking his Libra Sun, and my Capricorn Sun into consideration again, his Chiron is in the house associated with Capricorn, the 10th, and my Chiron is in the house associated with Libra, the 7th.

Perhaps the most important planet in synastry, as far as feeling comfortable in a relationship is concerned, is the Moon. My Taurus Moon and his Pisces Moon are nicely sextile.

My last notes about our synastry:

His Capricorn Eros isn't too far away from my Capricorn Sun. And my Scorpio Eros is kind of Capricornic, having my Saturn conjunct.

Jupiter is the 'Great Benefic' planet. His Scorpio Jupiter is conjunct my Scorpio Eros/Saturn/Ascendant conjunction.

And my last chart in this thread, our Composite, is below.

zzzcompositeke0.gif

Last edited:
Ahhh. In our Composite:

There's a nice Sun/Moon trine. And a nice Venus/Jupiter/Sun conjunction! Eros is conjunct Neptune. Well, that's all I've got to say.

Thanks for your interest, Aqua7000.

aquarius7000

Kimberley,

I can only make this brief today, need to grab a bite, tummy's rumbling, and then it's straight into bed, it's pretty late at my end of the world:rolleyes:.

What I like about your synastry, after a general glance, and considering the main aspects only, is that your Sun sits on his DC - very favourable. Your Venus falls into his 5th house, which would speak for a nice romantic affair; Ura is close at hand, and also squ the Moon, so there could be sudden disruptions from time to time, but the relationship will be lively with never a dull moment, just keep recharging those batteries of romance;). Going back to your Ven, it aspects Justin's Sun and Moon, which is superb; even though it squ his Moon, but IMO, sometimes even a hard aspect is better between such personal planets than no aspects at all. His deeply passionate Sco Ven might, at times, though find your Sag Ven a bit flighty and simply fun-seeking. Also, his Mars and Ven aspect your Sun in a trine and sextile respectively, so we know partly where the (physical) attraction is coming from. This gets further fuelled by your Venus sextiling his Sun;). Another good thing, when speaking of (sexual) attraction is, when Chiron (yours) of one is aspected by Mars (his) of another.

Since earth and water, though temperamentally a bit different, but on the whole do well together, his sensitive and emotional Piscean Moon will find stability and patience with your nurturing Taurus Moon, which can act as a steady rock for him to lean on. Both of you have watery Asc, which also do well together Can and Sco are great together. The Sat-Moon connections both ways can be taken as either restrictive and stifling, or structuring and stabilising, and since Saturn is either in a conj or a trine to Moon (so no hard aspects); it could help in 'cementing' your relationship. What interests me are you Mercuries, do you see eye to eye on things, or is communication somewhat problematic? Libra and Cap can certainly be on two different wavelenghts.

So much for now Kim, well actually the above has ended up being rather detailed..

Hope I could help
:)aquarius7000

Aqua7000... thanks for your awesome insight.

Yeah, with our Mercury square Mercury, I've noticed there are often misunderstanding in our communication. Fortunately, they're just the kind that make one of us go 'huh?', not the kind that lead to fights.

One of many examples;

One very hot summer day about a month ago, we went on a very long walk together. We intended to walk together for several hours. After the first twenty minutes of our walk, we walked by a grocery store. Justin (the man with the Libra Sun and Mercury) said, "Let's go in." "Sure," I with the Capricorn Sun and Mercury said. He led me to the aisle with the juice and pop (soda to Americans). "Which drink do you want?" he asked me. At the time, although I have a job that pays the bills, I was between paydays and very short on cash. I thought he was offering to buy me something because he felt sorry for me having no juice or pop (soda) in my fridge. "Don't worry sweetie, I'll be okay," I said. He shrugged and took a bottle of grapefruit juice he wanted for himself off the shelf. A few minutes later, before we reached the checkout and after a little bit of banter with him, I realized he was offering to buy me a drink to take with me because we were going on a long walk on a hot summer day, and I would probably get thirsty very quickly. So, I went back to that aisle and got a bottle of lychee juice.

See, with my Capricorn Mercury, if I was in his position, I would say, concretely and clearly, "I think you're going to get thirsty while we're on this walk. Choose a drink and I'll buy it for you."

We have miscommunications like this quite often. As I said, they're not the kind that cause emotional problems in a relationship, they're just the kind that make one of us go, "huh?"