Your view on oppositions and basically taking ownership

or1000

What is your view on oppositions and basically taking ownership of them. In other words, teaching yourself to be aware of your projections and put them to good use. Do you do this? Basically reminding yourself that this is just you putting that out into the world. When really it belongs to you. Especially in mercury oppositions

greybeard

Personal opinion:

We do not take charge of, or "own", our horoscope or its parts. It owns us.

What a horoscope does is tell us truthfully who we really are. Because, if left to our own devices, we invent a fictitious personality far from our real selves. We all do it, no exceptions.

To say "I own my opposition" is just one more self-deluding lie we must overcome.

It is like dreaming (and believing) that I'm the Olympic 100-meter champion, when in fact I was born lame and limp everywhere I go.

This arouses the ever-present question of free will. I do not own life. I'll be lucky to get through it in one piece.

Last edited:

Hkk

Account Closed
Personal opinion:

We do not take charge of, or "own", our horoscope or its parts. It owns us.

What a horoscope does is tell us truthfully who we really are. Because, if left to our own devices, we invent a fictitious personality far from our real selves. We all do it, no exceptions.

To say "I own my opposition" is just one more self-deluding lie we must overcome.

It is like dreaming (and believing) that I'm the Olympic 100-meter champion, when in fact I was born lame and limp everywhere I go.

This arouses the ever-present question of free will. I do not own life. I'll be lucky to get through it in one piece.

But G I would like to think that the crappiest parts of my chart I can try and overcome. It makes me feel there is light at the end of the tunnel otherwise I feel doomed if I know I can’t do anything with eg mars square Pluto so what I’m asking G is that is there no way to work with these things?

greybeard

Work with them?
On the personal level, I deal with them.

I find myself in some "situation". I muddle through it. On the way through I try to see what I did and what I can do. I examine the situation in retrospect, make such adjustments to my behavior (in the future) as I can, and smile.

Which all boils down to living each day as it comes, peacefully and contentedly.

The first of our tasks is to see and accept ourselves just as we are, warts and all...not to "fix" ourselves.

What we see in ourselves as "defects" are often the very things that make us valuable. What is a weakness in one situation is the greatest virtue in another.

Learn to love who you are, right now. Do the best you can and enjoy life.

Yes, you can "work with" planets. It's hard. First requirement: conscious awareness.

Consider:
Adolf Hitler. Evil personified. Destroyed lives, property, society.
He was created by the universe for the purposes of the universe. Cataclysmic change was necessary at the time. Hitler was the agent of that change. Not everything in the world is "good". It just is, and is for a reason -- which our human mind fails to see.

Last edited:

Hkk

Account Closed
Work with them?
On the personal level, I deal with them.

I find myself in some "situation". I muddle through it. On the way through I try to see what I did and what I can do. I examine the situation in retrospect, make such adjustments to my behavior (in the future) as I can, and smile.

Which all boils down to living each day as it comes, peacefully and contentedly.

The first of our tasks is to see and accept ourselves just as we are, warts and all...not to "fix" ourselves.

What we see in ourselves as "defects" are often the very things that make us valuable. What is a weakness in one situation is the greatest virtue in another.

Learn to love who you are, right now. Do the best you can and enjoy life.

Yes, you can "work with" planets. It's hard. First requirement: conscious awareness.

Consider:
Adolf Hitler. Evil personified. Destroyed lives, property, society.
He was created by the universe for the purposes of the universe. Cataclysmic change was necessary at the time. Hitler was the agent of that change. Not everything in the world is "good". It just is, and is for a reason -- which our human mind fails to see.

Thanks G

I feel it’s hard for our human mind to see when the evil is just so cruel In many different circumstances in many different lives. When bad happens due to others doing bad to us we don’t see it as or don’t want to see it as this happened due to our squares etc. We want to believe that person was bad and refuse to see the good of why bad happened eg abuse etc.
I understand what you say about the weakest being our valuable traits. That sounds comforting. I also get what you do personally with looking back and learning from it and moving on with a smile. I suppose all this takes time and practice and comes with experience in time

or1000

Thank you for response. I meant that instead of feeling like ‘victim’ to an opposition, to more so accept it or ‘take ownership’ by accepting it. In terms of it being something like Neptune, like you said, greybeard, you don’t know until you hit a glass ceiling.... and of all glass ceilings, Neptune can be the saddest one to hit into. In relationships for instance. Accepting it, but not letting it rule us.

Last edited:

greybeard

Thanks G

I feel it’s hard for our human mind to see when the evil is just so cruel In many different circumstances in many different lives. When bad happens due to others doing bad to us we don’t see it as or don’t want to see it as this happened due to our squares etc. We want to believe that person was bad and refuse to see the good of why bad happened eg abuse etc.
I understand what you say about the weakest being our valuable traits. That sounds comforting. I also get what you do personally with looking back and learning from it and moving on with a smile. I suppose all this takes time and practice and comes with experience in time

I'm 77 years old and in no hurry. It takes a lifetime, and you're still not done.

I try to improve myself as opportunity arises (every day), but don't make a Crusade of it.

I will help you read your own chart. I will not read it for you.

Begin with chart pattern. That underlies everything else, is the foundation.

greybeard

Thank you for response. I meant that instead of feeling like ‘victim’ to an opposition, to more so accept it or ‘take ownership’ by accepting it. In terms of it being something like Neptune, like you said, greybeard, you don’t know until you hit a glass ceiling.... and of all glass ceilings, Neptune can be the saddest one to hit into. In relationships for instance. Accepting it, but not letting it rule us.

I have an angular Neptune, prominent and powerful. I am a card-carrying member of Alcoholics Anonymous. Dependence. Wayward drifting. Lots more Neptune stuff.

Neptune "ruled" me, like you say. As it was meant to.

It posed problems and challenges that I then had to resolve. This continues even as I approach my end.

I think that's how it works.

The horoscope must be lived out.

Hkk

Account Closed
I'm 77 years old and in no hurry. It takes a lifetime, and you're still not done.

I try to improve myself as opportunity arises (every day), but don't make a Crusade of it.

I will help you read your own chart. I will not read it for you.

Begin with chart pattern. That underlies everything else, is the foundation.

Thank you Greybeard😊 much respect ✊ for you

I will start with chart pattern thank you for helping me work out my chart

So chart pattern as in where most of the planets are? Eg in my chart I have most of my planets in 1st and 3rd and then 11th so west of the chart bottom half. Is that what u mean?

greybeard

Thank you Greybeard😊 much respect ✊ for you

I will start with chart pattern thank you for helping me work out my chart

So chart pattern as in where most of the planets are? Eg in my chart I have most of my planets in 1st and 3rd and then 11th so west of the chart bottom half. Is that what u mean?

No.
Look at Trump's chart. All of his planets occupy one zodiacal hemisphere, with the other empty. That's a pattern. We look at the shape or form of the chart as a whole, without regard to individual planets. Each of the patterns brings certain qualities or characteristics to prominence, each different.

Some patterns, not all, bring one specific planet into high focus, and we can hinge interpretation on that planet.