Is my cat dying?

jenluvsblackcat

Hi guys,

My cat Murp is very ill. We've taken him to the vet and they say it's a virus and gave us antibiodics. The cat can barely walk and when he tries, he falls over. I fear he is going to die. Can anybody help?

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I might not be a horary astrologer, but I do have a comment. If your cat is suffering from a virus (which I am very sorry to hear, if my cat was sick I don't know what I'd do), antibiotics aren't going to help. Antibiotics are for bacteria...they don't do much, if anything against viruses. I smell a malpractice suit!

Frisiangal

Hi,
I'm still learning the rudiments of horary and attempting to put them into practise but, from what I understand, small domesticated animals fall under the 6th house. I'm not sure if the 1st house represents you, as enquirer, thus Mercury in Scorpio in 5th (enquiring about life/death of a loved one?), or your cat. Moon gives 'the situation' and is in the 6th house conjunct Mars, ruler 6th house (horary does not use modern planets?). With such a full 6th house, it would seem that you have one very sick kitty, hanging onto life by a thread. That thread might be seen in the closest applying aspect from Moon-Mars, the square to Saturn which is ruler of the 8th house. There is an 8 degree separation between Moon and Saturn, which I understand could mean 8 days, weeks, months, or even years before it is full ?
I don't know what would count as 'a virus' in traditional astrology if Neptune is not included. Something spread through air....thus Mercury influence perhaps, which is separated from Moon-Mars by 7-9 degrees, thus days,weeks, etc.?
It would seem that the critical time is within the next 9 days.

Is you cat very old? Saturn in LEO ?
Its symptons resemble so much those of my own dear cat who held on for dear life until 'I' reached the point when, always wanting him to live out his life naturally, I couldn't see him suffer further. He'd never licked me but in those seconds before the injection took effect, he licked my hand 4 times as if in grateful thanks.
Nothing to do with horary but don't let your love for your cat and your pain on being without him be the reason you let him suffer in silence. Let your love be that which can release him from it.

F.

jenluvsblackcat

Thanks to everyone who reached out. It means a lot to hear of your own stories of kitty loss. I'm not certain how old my little sick guy is. A neighbor gave him to us last summer. I can assure you he must be over 6 years though. Right now, he can't even get himself in the cat-litter pan...so he's peeing right next to it on the wee-wee pads I set up. I've been getting my self prepared to let him go. I know he'll never be as lively as he once was. I just can't stand to see him suffer for much longer. I know if his health continues this way, I'll have to put him asleep. I know that is the right thing to do.

And as far as antibiodics for a virus, that is wrong! But I wasn't the one who took him to the vet (my Mother and brother who have no medical background did because I was caught at work, or else I would have asked some better questions) I'm convinced he has distemper. He's showing all of the signs of that disease except the lack of appetite. I've seen this distemper with rabbits and will never forget the symptoms. I know that his kidneys are going. I wish I had the tools and medicine to make his last few days better.
Thanks guys,
Jen

Francesca

Jen, I'm so sorry for your kitty's suffering and for yours. I miss my old girl so much after a year, that I still cry sometimes. But I am glad I put her down quickly so her suffering was minimal. Loss of a loved one is terrible, and I will send you good thoughts.

jenluvsblackcat

Hey,

The vet called today to disclose Murp's test results. He tested positive for neurotoxins. The vet gave us another medicine that should help. I'm still pulling for the little guy. He needs all the prayers/love/help he can get.

THanks,
Jen

Draco

And as far as antibiodics for a virus, that is wrong!

Not necessarily so. If a viral infection causes the susceptibilty to a bacterial infection due to decreased immunity, then this explains the antibiotics.

To clarify on neurotoxins, these are often found in the components of the venom of creatures such as spiders and scorpions and neurotoxins work on the nervous system in order to paralyse the prey, this is why the cat is disorientated and cannot walk properly. I find this very significant, because in the horary chart, both the cat and his illness are represented by Mars in the venemous sign of the Scorpion, this makes a lot of sense in light of neurotoxins at work in his system.

One creature that does produce neurotoxins when they bite is certain American and Austrailian ticks, so it is likely that the cat has been bitten by something, particularly as the significator of illness is predatory Mars in Scorpio.

About 'paralysis ticks', one species is native to Northern Australia, and one to the Northern States. I found this on wikipedia:

also:

http://cat-world.com.au/ticks.htm

The funny thing is you haven't mentioned ticks, but maybe the cat has had a tick and nibbled it off or it is hidden under the fur. The wiki, article says cats seem to be resitant, but this isn't a certainty.

It might be worth printing this out and showing it to your vet as you have mentioned neurotoxins and not paralysis ticks. Might there be a tick beneath the cats fur? I have a forest cat that is very, very bushy. If it had a tick it would be able to hide very easily.

As for the cat's chances of overcoming his illness, then we can compare the strength of the significator of the cat, and the significator of his ills to see which is stronger. Both these significators are one and the same, Mars in Scorpio, which is in the radix sixth and the cats twelfth, so his suffering is apparent. Mars is Scorpio is in strong dignities of it's own, so the cat is innately strong, but the trouble is, the illness is just as strong as he is, so this is a serious ill.

Now, to get two different significators for the cat and his ailment we could use Radu's tecnique and use the almuten of the cats turned sixth so we have different significators to observe. Jupiter, along with Mars, is the almuten of the cats turned sixth, so we can see Jupiter as the illness.

Looking at it this way, then the cat is stronger than his illness as things stand at the time of question, showing that it is quite possible that this illness can be dealt with, because Jupiter is peregrine, but consider that Mars and Jupiter are both combust, the most terrible affliction to any planet, at the time you ask the question, but as the cat is stronger, he manages to fight it at that time.

Now, the Sun has just moved into Sagittarius, which at this time is good, because being in a different sign to Mars, it's combusting effects are much less severe, so since the Sun's ingress into Sag., and considering that Mars is so much stronger than Jupiter, it may appear that the cat is starting to show a slight improvement - but - Jupiter moves into Sagittarius tomorrow, making the illness so much stronger than before! However, when Jupiter gets into Sagittarius, his combustion with the Sun, being in the same sign, becomes very severe for the illness. Now, with Jupiter at the beginning of Sag, and Mars where it is in Scorpio, the cat and the illness become of equal strength again, but the combustion of Jupiter is worse, so there is still a little hope of this illness being dealt with. Also, Mars is (currently) in the face of the Sun, so Mars is, even if only very slightly, on better terms with the combusting Sun than Jupiter, being in a little dignity of the Sun and in a different sign.

I don't however know if this is strong enough to show a real recovery, or if this just shows a very brave cat trying his best to resist this illness. :(

In the chart, the eighth from the sixth shows death of the cat, and this is Mercury, and Mercury desposes Mars, so if death is desposing of the cat, then, and I sincerely hope I am wrong, this shows just how great a risk death is, especially as the cat has only a minor chance of recovery.

I feel that there is a possibility that the cat may die, but within this there is the small chance of being able to take action, but the illness is about to gain power, despite its combustion, so the cat has a lot of innate strength to fight the illness off, but I am not sure it will do so unless it gets something can be done swiftly.

Surely there are antidotes for venemous bites???

Can anyone give another opinion on this?

I do hope that you can use the chance it has to recover, but this is a hard battle it is fighting, and death is likely, but I do believe that an improvement can be possible.

Best of luck to Murp, and I hope he gets well. :) x

Francesca

Excellent post, Draco. I'm wondering too, if "neurotoxins" refers to the chemicals found in certain flea and tick compounds here in the states. Many cats have died as a direct result but not all the products are off the shelf.

Last edited:

jenluvsblackcat

Draco and all,

Yesterday, the vet gave us a new prescription medicine and it seems to be making a difference. Now when Murp falls over, he can pick himself up. Before, one of us had to help him. The only bad thing I can see right now is that his appetite is diminishing. He's not eating nearly as much as he did before. He is still eating though, which is significant. We have to crush his pills and put them in milk, then draw this mixture up in an eye dropper and shoot it in his mouth. He cries a little (I would too) when this is done. But it's for his own good. By the way, thanks so much for the article on the poison of tick bites. Murp has longish orange hair, so it could be easy for a tick to hide. Besides that, I had an unusual dream lastnight before reading your post...I was sitting with the cat and thinking he had lymes disease or something to do with a tick bite. According to the vet, Murp does not have lymes disease.
But I will give the little dude a comb down and investigate any imbedded ticks.

Thank you soooo much!!!!
Jen

Draco

Yesterday, the vet gave us a new prescription medicine and it seems to be making a difference.

Good. Hopefully he will recover well, Jupiter (his illness) is tomorrow combust the by the Sun in the same sign, and the Sun is out of his sign, so it doesn't affect him as badly, so if all is well he'll be okay as the action has been taken.

thanks so much for the article on the poison of tick bites.

You're welcome. I found it quite interesting myself, I had no idea about 'paralysis ticks' until I looked it up. I typed in 'cats/neurotoxin' and then I found sites about the venomous fleas, which was news to me, and with predatory Mars in Scorpio, it seemed quite symbolic.

If you find no tick, then how on earth has the cat succumbed to neurotoxin?

I was sitting with the cat and thinking he had lymes disease or something to do with a tick bite.

Weird!

jenluvsblackcat

Despite his new treatments and everything, Murp took a turn for the worse in the night and we brought him to the vet today where he was put to sleep.

I do believe in reincarnation....and I trust he will come back as something great because of the joy he brought to me and my family.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to answer this post. And a special thanks to all of you who put Murp in your thoughts and prayers.

Jen

Draco

I'm so sorry Jen. You must be devastated.

I did feel that the cat would have an improvement, all to do with the significator of the illness Jupiter moving into the same sign as the combusting Sun, meaning that the illness gets a bit of an ass kicking, and this was verified by you saying that the cat had made an improvement, but having said that, there was still quite strong testimony of death for the cat.

Now, the Sun has just moved into Sagittarius, which at this time is good, because being in a different sign to Mars, it's combusting effects are much less severe, so since the Sun's ingress into Sag., and considering that Mars is so much stronger than Jupiter, it may appear that the cat is starting to show a slight improvement - but - Jupiter moves into Sagittarius tomorrow, making the illness so much stronger than before! However, when Jupiter gets into Sagittarius, his combustion with the Sun, being in the same sign, becomes very severe for the illness. Now, with Jupiter at the beginning of Sag, and Mars where it is in Scorpio, the cat and the illness become of equal strength again, but the combustion of Jupiter is worse, so there is still a little hope of this illness being dealt with. Also, Mars is (currently) in the face of the Sun, so Mars is, even if only very slightly, on better terms with the combusting Sun than Jupiter, being in a little dignity of the Sun and in a different sign.

I don't however know if this is strong enough to show a real recovery, or if this just shows a very brave cat trying his best to resist this illness. :(

In the chart, the eighth from the sixth shows death of the cat, and this is Mercury, and Mercury desposes Mars, so if death is desposing of the cat, then, and I sincerely hope I am wrong, this shows just how great a risk death is, especially as the cat has only a minor chance of recovery.

I'm glad that I seemed to do well with this horary, but I wish it was wrong and Murp would have lived. Sorry Jen, and sure, he'll come back to you, somewhere, somehow.

I know how I'd feel. :(

xxx.

Arian Maverick

I send my condolences, jen; I was absolutely devastated when my ferret died several years ago and look upon my eleven-year-old dog with some concern.

You may be interested in reading through Animals - their death in Kryon Question and Answer Index:

QUESTION (54) Dear Kryon: What happens to animals (such as dogs and cats) when they die? Do they live after they pass? Do they reincarnate, also? Do they evolve?

ANSWER You're asking specifically about pets. These are animals whose purpose is to help humanity. They're workers in that respect, and reincarnate in that same group. These are entities that are not necessarily scheduled to "evolve" into Humans any more than Kryon is set to "evolve" into another form. Some of us are divine universal workers, and we're all very different-looking to you in your reality, but very much understood and seen as appropriate on this side of the veil. We've said this before: We all have separate tasks, but we're not compartmentalized. The "soup" of divinity has many flavors, but it's still "the soup." So consider the animal-issue part of the flavor of God.

For those Humans who have lost animals (since they don't last very long), here's some advice: When you lose a beloved friend, an animal who has unconditionally given their existence to help you all its life, naturally you're sad and mournful. Here's the good news: They reincarnate! Not only that, they do it in the areas where they passed over for the very purpose of letting you find them again!

The rules of finding the same "soul" energy again:

- Wait three months.
- Don't make up your mind that the animal will be of the same breed or size. In fact, don't even pre-decide that they'll be the same kind of animal! It's common for cats and dogs to swap, just to keep the balance correct.
- Look into their eyes... nothing else. They'll show themselves to you.
- Name them anything you wish. They're not attached to anything but your energy.
- If you don't find them again, there's no negative thing attached to this. It's only an opportunity. They'll go on to love humanity just as much, and help others as they helped you.

Not all animals you find have been here before. Many are coming in for the first time, having volunteered their part to make you feel more loved and peaceful, so that you can be a stronger Lighthouse.

The purpose of the animals on the planet is to support humanity while it develops peace on Earth. They're also divine. But then, you knew that, didn't you?

Arian Maverick

Claire19

Put up your natal chart and we can have a look. The 6th house is domestic pets and we can look at the transits there. We recently lost our dog when my Saturn conjuncted Mercury in 6th and then Pluto. We suspected neighbours poisoning her but the vet said more likely snake bite. This was one of my losses on my second saturn return.

Yes I do wonder about these flea collars and their toxicity. We dont use them.

Claire

Draco

Put up your natal chart and we can have a look. The 6th house is domestic pets and we can look at the transits there.

That might be quite interesting. What time did you have the cat put to sleep?

jenluvsblackcat

I'm doing ok now that the initial sting of Murp's passing is over. To answer Draco, we had Murp put to sleep around 12:48PM in Branchburg, New Jersey on November 24th 2006.
As far as my natal chart...have a looky here:

Frisiangal

Hi Jen,
So very sad about your kitty but I'm glad your love for him overpowered the suffering he was undergoing. His kitty heart will bless you for that.

F.

Frisiangal

If Jen doesn''t mind, I have a few general questions regarding the horary chart that I hope someone more experienced can answer. I know so little about traditional rules and techniques.

Draco wrote:
in the horary chart, both the cat and his illness are represented by Mars

I take it that this means that Jen is represented as enquirer, Ascendant, and the cat as her domestic pet is represented by the 6th house cusp.
Are you looking at its ruler also being in the 6th house, OR is it the coincidence that the 6th house (illnesss) of the cat is represented by the 11th house of the horary, which has Aries on its cusp? Had e.g. Taurus been on 11th house cusp, you would have taken Venus as representing the illness?
I understand that the Moon's movement is very important in horary. Would the fact that it was applying to Mars and would be exact within 4 days overrule all the other aspects mentioned regarding the cat's illness?

In my own totally theoretically wrong attempt at this horary, I took the chart as representing the cat and the 8th house ruler's aspects as HIS possible demise. Draco used the 8th from the 6th to represent the same.
Does this mean that, as Jen is the enquirer represented by the 1st house, the 8th house will represent HER experience through sign and ruler of the cat's demise?
The cat's 8th house is represented by the Ascendant in Gemini and the influence of Mercury. Would the time that Mercury took to aspect Moon be significant of time between question and demise of her cat?

Apologies for the questions but I learn better from practical examples rather than theories:).

F.