Most embarrasing/funny thing you did when first starting out with Astrology

Chrysalis

Okay so this is like when you FIRST started out and knew hardly anything about Astrology.

There must be something you've done that's funny/cringeworthy just like mine ill share :p
Due to lack of knowlegde (of course)...or should i say lack of AW.

Ok mine is.....

So when i very first got into horary, i used and still do Astro.com for the charts, and where you type in the "first name" box, the actual question your asking...
Well bless me, i used to type the whole actual question in, trying to fit everything in, changing you's to u's etc to make sure it all fits, as i thought thought there was a "horary god/master" in the sky who read through the questions that people sent in :biggrin:

Now please... come on, there must have been something you lot have done too, that's cringeworthy from when you first started out :w00t:

waybread

Actually, this one is cringe-worthy from when after I'd studied astrology for a long time. I gave my adult daughter a reading for her "year ahead" and said, with Venus moving into her 7th house, that the next year looked good for love and romance. Instead, she broke up with her long-term boyfriend, and had some female health problems that nearly resulted in her having a hysterectomy.

Also, I had read that the moon in Pisces makes for good dancers. I suggested this once during a "blind" on-line chart reading, and learned that the woman was physically lame and couldn't dance at all.

Big Oops there.

Which is why I think astrology is best practiced with a lot of humility.

Chrysalis

Actually, this one is cringe-worthy from when after I'd studied astrology for a long time. I gave my adult daughter a reading for her "year ahead" and said, with Venus moving into her 7th house, that the next year looked good for love and romance. Instead, she broke up with her long-term boyfriend, and had some female health problems that nearly resulted in her having a hysterectomy.
Well i can't really even laugh here with the outcome...but lol, did you take into account also the aspects etc too ?
Also, I had read that the moon in Pisces makes for good dancers. I suggested this once during a "blind" on-line chart reading, and learned that the woman was physically lame and couldn't dance at all.
Lol this is also funny too...but actually not, with how you've explained it <cringe>
Big Oops there.

Which is why I think astrology is best practiced with a lot of humility.

oh yes i agree with this.:biggrin:

Ive got some more experiences to share i just need to remember them.

CapAquaPis

I thought I had a Sagittarius Rising for like 2 months because I never checked my birth certificate.

You did check your natal chart and found something gave you a strong Sag influence, as well the post about the Pisces "moon" woman may have a strong Pisces planetary influence-but it's not the moon. In my tropical natal chart, the Sun is close to Pisces (26' Aquarius)-and Mercury is in Pisces (9th), but the sidereal version places the Moon in Capricorn-the sun is cusp Cap/1'Aquarius. Now you see why I feel kinda Capricornian and Piscean despite I'm a double Aquarian.

wan

For the longest time I thought I was an Aries rising, because the website I used gave me the wrong info. Not really my fault though but quite a few of the posts I made and questions I asked on this board from that period of time did not make sense.

katydid

Mine is so cringe worthy I still try and block it out of my memory.

Late 70's, I was student at UC Berkeley. I had been taught Astrology by my friends grandmother. She gave me an ephemeris and some books by Isabel Hickey and Llewelyn.

I was doing charts for other students. Mostly about what type of guys to date etc. I thought I knew a lot about Astrology...lol

One day I stumbled into an amazing Metaphysical Bookstore. They had flyers about a Sunday small group lecture with Laela and Dane Rudyhar. I had no idea who they were. :tongue:

I went to the small group discussion, which was also attended by Micheal Meyer, who wrote Humanistic Astrology and the discussion was around things I had no clue about.

I asked some very simpleton, cringeworthy questions to Dane Rudyhar, one of the greatest minds of Astrology that has ever lived....:pouty: He visibly cringed when I asked them....:whistling:

Michael Meyer did give me a copy of his book and it changed my entire view of life and astrology.

Last edited:

david starling

Mine is so cringe worthy I still try and block it out of my memory.

Late 70's, I was student at UC Berkeley. I had been taught Astrology by my friends grandmother. She gave me an ephemeris and some books by Isabel Hickey and Llewelyn.

I was doing charts for other students. Mostly about what type of guys to date etc. I thought I knew a lot about Astrology...lol

One day I stumbled into an amazing Metaphysical Bookstore. They had flyers about a Sunday small group lecture with Laela and Dane Rudyhar. I had no idea who they were. :tongue:

I went to the small group discussion, which was also attended by Micheal Meyer, who wrote Humanistic Astrology and the discussion was around things I had no clue about.

I asked some very simpleton, cringeworthy questions to Dane Rudyhar, one of the greatest minds of Astrology that has ever lived....:pouty: He visibly cringed when I asked them....:whistling:

Michael Meyer did give me a copy of his book and it changed my entire view of life and astrology.

What question made Rudyhar cringe? Did you ask him, "what's your sign"? :lol:

katydid

What question made Rudyhar cringe? Did you ask him, "what's your sign"? :lol:

LMAO---I cannot really remember exactly what I asked---it was about 45 years ago. lol

But they were speaking about things way beyond my comprehension at the time. So my questions made no sense and just showed how clueless I was. :whistling:

I do have an exact opposition between my Mercury in Scorpio and my Jupiter. I sometimes get mixed up, in a big way. :pouty:

david starling

Seems funny now--I assumed at first that there was a "standard" version of Astrology, that everyone was agreed upon!:lol: Hadn't even heard of Sidereal!

ImDragone

My first experience with astrology as a child was to read Sun sign horoscopes, which isn't real astrology.
And, I would try to base expectations upon Sun signs that aren't related to the Sun.
I know that's how people start out, but it's embarrassing after knowing the Sun isn't the planet of self.

Last edited:

david starling

katydid, this is such a good story. On the other hand, I've done things like this so many times (in non-Astrology fields) the experiences are no longer memorable. I can happily report that many speakers and teachers have become adept at picking up "where people are" in their journey and getting their ego out of the way to remain gentle in discourse.

The magic of learning hides within the science.

david starling

Can you say that another way? Less elegantly perhaps?

The transmission of knowledge is a magical process, in and of itself. A teacher who loses the magic is disconnected from the alchemy of the learning process, which applies equally to both the most ignorant and the most learned students, and becomes nothing more than a soulless pedant.

MaBroon

My experience of geminis is not good despite being gemini rising myself. A good number of female relatives have it and they cause so much trouble with their gossip spreading. I stay well clear.