Parallel Aspects

Kerrie

Would someone kindly put up a chart that shows a parallel aspect. So I can see how it is worked out. I have tried to understand by reading info on the internet but find it easier when I have an example. :crying:

EJ53

Banned
"View my chart" from my signature, Kerrie......Uranus is parallel to Pluto because both are the same distance in declination from the equator (Uranus=North 23degrees Libra : Pluto=North 23degrees Leo)......But you will not see it in the chart, because there is no means of depicting how far each planet is above/below the Earth's equator [So we consult the "Table of Declinations"]......However, in the sky, the two planets will appear to be at the same level (because both are at the same "height").

[Note : If planets are in opposite hemispheres but at the same declination degree, they are contraparallel......Eg. Jupiter=South 23 degrees Capricorn : Pluto=North 23 degrees Leo]

Last edited:

Kerrie

Im still not getting it. So you cant see it in a chart like you could see a trine?

So I need to look at the Table of Declinations? to work this out? :unsure:

vanila

Kerrie,

you need software or you can check if you have any planets in parallel or contra-parallel from astro.com the PDF file...but it is little teasing to check them one by one....this is what I know and what I have been trying......

If you find table let us know..... :)

EJ53

Banned
...So you cant see it in a chart like you could see a trine?
No, Kerrie......Declination is the planets "apparent height" above (or below) the Equator......(We really need a picture but) imagine a ine drawn from the centre of the Earth to the Equator and another from the centre to the North Pole, making a 90 degree triangle at the Earth Centre......This enables us to measure the distance from the Equator to the North Pole in degrees...O degrees being on the Equator and 90 degrees being on the North Pole/as far above the Equator as we can get......If we then look from the Earth Centre at our planet in the sky, it falls somewhere on that 0-90 degree Equator/North Pole line......and the degree on which it falls is the declination.

So I need to look at the Table of Declinations? to work this out?
Yes....The Astrological Table of Declinations is part of the Chart information, providing the declination degree of each planet......which is not the same as the zodiac degree that we use to calculate astrological aspects.

EJ53

Banned
...check if you have any planets in parallel or contra-parallel from astro.com the PDF file...If you find table let us know..... :)
That PDF file is the table, Vanila/Kerrie.
On Astro.com, draw the natal chart and click on "view the additional tables" in the top left-hand corner......This brings up a "Data Sheet" showing each planet's zodiac and declination degree......[But, as Vanila says, you do have to work out for yourself (from the table) which planets are/are not parallel or contraparallel.]

vanila

EJ53 :)

I thought there might be tables like ephemeris or something similar for the parallels and contra-parallels.....

:)

JerryRR

I recommend 'The American Ephemeris 2001 to 2010',ACS Publications.
ISBN 0 935127 51 8. $13.

Example: Thu 25/2/2010. Sun P Jupiter 9:54 am.

Jerry :)

JerryRR

I also recommend reading 'Horoscope Symbols' by Robert Hand,Chapter 6 The Aspects.

'Essays on Astrology' also by Hand,Chapter 9 Astrology's Second Dimension: Declination and Latitude.

'Primary Directions Made Easy', by Sepharial for calculating Zodiacal,Mundane and Rapt Parallels.

Jerry :)

Kerrie

So looking at my chart then I have the Moon and Saturn parallel?

Moon at 10'36 North
Saturn at 9'32 North

Or do I now need to look at something else? How do I get the the sign? As in...

EJ's (Uranus=North 23degrees Libra : Pluto=North 23degrees Leo)

Attachments

• Declinations.jpg
    Declinations.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 60

vanila

Kerrie,

yours...but I'm not sure about the degrees ..orb

Jupiter/Neptune contra-parallel
Mars/Moon too
and Venus/Uranus parallel

:)

Attachments

• Declinations1.JPG
    Declinations1.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 53

EJ53

Banned
Yes....Moon-Saturn/Venus-Uranus=Parallel : Moon-Mars/Jupiter-Neptune=Contraparallel

Also parallel=Saturn-Pluto.....and Moon-Pluto (if we allow no more than a 2 degree orb)

Or do I now need to look at something else? How do I get the the sign? As in...EJ's (Uranus=North 23degrees Libra : Pluto=North 23degrees Leo)
Signs don't apply/matter, Kerrie......I should have written Uranus=North 23 degrees : Pluto=North 23 degrees......We need only to know that planets are or are not parallel/contraparallel......Sorry:eek:

jerryRR said:
...I recommend 'The American Ephemeris 2001 to 2010'....'Horoscope Symbols' by Robert Hand,Chapter 6 The Aspects....'Essays on Astrology' also by Hand,Chapter 9 Astrology's Second Dimension: Declination and Latitude....'Primary Directions Made Easy', by Sepharial for calculating Zodiacal,Mundane and Rapt Parallels.
Thanks for the information/"heads up", Jerry

Last edited:

Kerrie

What is the orb allowance for parallel's and contraparallel's?

Edit: Just looking at Magi Astrology they give 2.2degrees. Although they say 1.2degrees is stronger.

Last edited:

theV

Pluto Contra Parallel Sun Venus Conjunction
Jupiter Parallel Neptune Uranus conj
Pluto Parallel Saurn
Mercury Parallel Saturn
and some of others....

You can do it morinus software

waybread

I wouldn't look for parallels and counter parallels in the standard chart, but in the little data table that you get with the Astrodienst extra tables. Treat the parallel like a conjunction, and the counter-parallel like an opposition. I would allow a one-degree orb, maybe 2 degrees for luminaries.

If it helps you visualize them, just print off your chart and draw in some "aspect" lines for them.

theV

I wouldn't look for parallels and counter parallels in the standard chart, but in the little data table that you get with the Astrodienst extra tables. Treat the parallel like a conjunction, and the counter-parallel like an opposition. I would allow a one-degree orb, maybe 2 degrees for luminaries.

If it helps you visualize them, just print off your chart and draw in some "aspect" lines for them.

Should I really take them seriously ? for example what could mean my Sun Pluto Contra Parallel should I read the Opp

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
This wikipedia page on Declination was helpful for me, as there are some diagrams which help you to visualise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declination

Also, at astro.com if you select the 3-Dimensional Chart from the Special Charts drop down box (found in the extended chart selection)... that gives you a chart. It helped me to visualise and understand better! :smile:

Last edited: