Christ Consciousness...

Ruka_5

Banned
...Is what, exactly?

And - do you think it's possible to accidentally develop Christ consciousness?

divine g

Banned
Basically compassion for human beings...comes with being an advance evolved soul over many lifetimes..

We'll probably be seeing more of this in the Aquarian Age we're entering, and Aquarius rules humanitarians. The symbol of a man pouring out life-giving water shows wisdom being poured out for humanity. Aquarius rules the air, and that wisdom is in the air. Also, Google.

divine g

Banned
Yes, traditionally Christ is associated with Pisces and Neptune, but I think this question has more to do with the age of revelation, which is ruled by Aquarius. 11th and 12th house do go together. But 12th can be hell as well as heaven, 11th is a bit more clear-headed and visionary. Pisces water, when muddy, can cause some serious problems with people, hence all the drug and alcohol problems so many people deal with, which is the temporary, artificial illusion of Christ consciousness. A lot of ppl fall into that trap..

Last edited:
I think when you are speaking of christ consciousness, there is no where to go but the 12th. The twelth is the end of the cycle, it is the only house where every earthly experience has been incorporated into the ego...once in the twelth...it is now possible (and only in the 12th imho) to transcend. Thing is, it requires so much spiritual fortitude that so many people allow themselves to be swallowed by all that is illusory there...addiction, mental illness...but there is another way...straight through....no wincing or flinching....every step of the way....that is christ consciousness, in my opinion...of cousre, that's just my humble opinion...

Ruka_5

Banned
I think that is all in the realm of the 12th house...the dissolution of the ego...

The 12th isn't dissolution of the ego, it's the house of self undoing or self-destruction.

I always see 'spiritual' people harping on how bad the ego is, but I'm thinking that if we were all born with one, it must be somewhat necessary for survival and have some useful purpose. I don't see how trying to force people to kill off a part of themselves is useful.

A broken person isn't even of use to themselves, how can they be of use to or help anyone else?

This is a lot of my problem with new-age spirituality; it's a lot of things that look and sound good, as long as you don't look at it too closely or think about it too much. Then you realize how impractical and counter-effective, even harmful it is. I think the ultimate end result that new-agers are after, is positive, that they mean well but ultimately that their idea of how to get there is ultimately terribly misguided and damaging and destructive, both to themselves, and the people they preach it to and the world at large.

Last edited:
Ruka 5,
That's a lot of assumptions you're making about me based on one post, meanwhile you are not displaying much understanding of the 12th. If you think it's about "broken" people, I'd say you are misinformed. :sleeping:

Ruka_5

Banned
Ruka 5,
That's a lot of assumptions you're making about me based on one post, meanwhile you are not displaying much understanding of the 12th. If you think it's about "broken" people, I'd say you are misinformed. :sleeping:

I said nothing about you - I don't know you. I'm talking specifically about 'new-age' ideology. Sometimes a re-read is in order to make sure you actually understand what the other person is saying, before you fly off the handle. :biggrin:

The Water-Bearer

It's an interesting theory... I was always under the idea that every Age has a savior or martyr.. and Jesus was the Pisces savior for this current age.. perhaps in Age of Aquarius, there will be a different martyr.. or maybe it will be Jesus again, in a different disguise.. no one could really say for sure...

divine g

Banned
Ruka does have a point, there are a lot of quacks out there with the new age stuff, and it can get confusing to a novice. I read a lot of stuff in my college years, and sure enough, a lot of what's out there sounds good, but is really worthless, and has no practical value.

As for the 12th house, twelfthnight, it is said that it deals with the dissolution of the ego, but you have to face the ego first and know all the forms it comes in to dissolve it. Some ppl just dissolve it the easy with with drugs and alcohol and thats the problem of the 12th house.. It's the house where you go to face your inner demons, and if you're lucky, you can come face to face with God, Christ, or angels. But this is a house infamous in astrology for a variety of problems, specifically the ones I mentioned above. The 12th house rules prisons, hospitals, hospices, rehab, and all places far from society. When you think about it, Jesus circulated among the people, which is a very Aquarian thing. He would have been of no use to us in the Piscean Age if he meditated in the desert and died unknown now, would he?

12th house is a retreat from the world, and not necessarily sharing what you learn there, as you face your own karma here as well. Aquarius, right next door to Pisces makes sense to share in some of the Christ consciousness in the 12th. In fact, as Aquarius is known for being cool and detached from being too emotional, his mastery of emotions would show in his control over the jar of water he's pouring out for humanity. We're thirsty for knowledge, but too much water, and we drown.

Anyway, I'll just use myself as an example. I was born with my Sun in the 11th, and was way more sociable than I am now. My philosophy is more Buddhist now, and my work more inward, and the 12th house is all about inner work. You still have compassion for the world, or it could be the opposite fish of Pisces, and have total contempt for the world. It's this very type of confusion that keeps people in the 12th house there for a long time, and they need to be there for a while to figure it all out. My sun is progressed to the 12th, so I can tell you from experience.

Long story short, I think your view of the 12th is a bit too idealistic. This house is notorious in astrology for its confusing nature. 11th house humanitarianism, and work for social reform is more in line with Christ-consciousness, and what Christ actually did in his lifetime.

BUT, there is a loophole here, as the flip-side to the person who's miserable in the 12th house, is the compassionate worker who sacrifices his life to help that person. This is where you find your saints, martyrs, even your drug-counsellors, priests, etc, who take on people's "sins" as their own. They can be said to have a Christ-consciousness, or at the least, a deep empathy and understanding of the suffering of others, so you do have a point. But the "new age" Christ may be a bit more technologically savvy and revolutionary, and who doesnt come to bring peace, but a sword.

Last edited:
divine g, thanks for your post. I can see the 11th house connection as well....but as far as the story goes, Christ SUFFERED, he was persecuted and then betrayed...all of that made his transcendence possible. All of which are as 12th house as can be...that is the reasoning behind my post. But, actually, I am not interested beyond where that may link in astrologically. And I've said my two cents, so.....:kissing:

divine g

Banned
I dont deny Christ's connection to the 12th, his symbol is the fish. He was the avatar of the age of Pisces...BUT, ppl are expecting him to return at the age of Aquarius, so he will probably return with more Aquarian characteristics...That's all Im saying.

I also dont believe in the official suffering and crucifixion story decided on by the child-molestors over at the Vatican, but that's a whole other thread..

...Is what, exactly?

And - do you think it's possible to accidentally develop Christ consciousness?
yes absolutely, go get attuned to Shamballa MDH healing system

shamballa, working with Christ consciousness
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162642&postcount=21

Re: the TRUE purpose of the planets according to Edgar Cayce
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29

david wilcock 2012 – youtube - Is Edgar Cayce reincarnated
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21203

Ruka_5

Banned
yes absolutely, go get attuned to Shamballa MDH healing system

shamballa, working with Christ consciousness
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162642&postcount=21

Re: the TRUE purpose of the planets according to Edgar Cayce
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29

david wilcock 2012 – youtube - Is Edgar Cayce reincarnated
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21203

Yeah, but those are intentional routes/means of developing Christ Consciousness. What I'm wondering is, can you just develop it without even really trying; no meditation, no 'spiritual' studies....

Yeah, but those are intentional routes/means of developing Christ Consciousness. What I'm wondering is, can you just develop it without even really trying; no meditation, no 'spiritual' studies....

I think if it's meant to be on your *path* this lifetime around then it will happen, accidentially like you suggest. Could you perhaps elaborate on why you asked the question/thread in the first place?

Ruka_5

Banned
I think if it's meant to be on your *path* this lifetime around then it will happen, accidentially like you suggest. Could you perhaps elaborate on why you asked the question/thread in the first place?

Because I looked up some stuff I was wondering about on Google the other day, and the results I got kept mentioning that what I'd experienced was a sign of developing Christ Consciousness. Which, if I am, I have no idea how that happened because I don't participate in or practice anything 'spiritual' at all, and a lot of people that are deeply into this stuff have made it very clear to me that they think I'm very unevolved and unenlightened. :lol:

So I was wondering what the hell was going on, basically.

Mark

According to Edgar Cayce reading 5749-14 (one of the Sugrue readings):

Q. Should the Christ-Consciousness be described as the awareness within each soul, imprinted in the pattern on the mind and waiting to be awakened by the will, of the soul's oneness with God?

A. Correct. That's the idea exactly!