Saturn in the 9th house

StillOne

I have a couple of friends with Saturn in the 9th house. They usually shy away from, and become disinterested or even disturbed, when I bring up unconventional subjects that are not proven, especially any topics on religion, spirituality, higher levels of existence, or... astrology.

One of them even has a yod with Saturn as the Apex in the 9th...

Are there any members here with Saturn in the 9th house? How do you feel about this position?

Just goes to show wherever Saturn resides is where we *lack confidence* and have to work harder to make things gel

Saturn in the 9th house
· Saturn's best positions are the 3rd and 9th houses. Gives a practical philosophy of life.
· Not good for relationships with in-laws if afflicted. Best to live at a distance.
· Makes good teachers, professors, workers in publishing fields or scientific pursuits.
· Good at detailed work. Exacting and concentrative.
· Can be fanatical and intolerant in religious concerns if Saturn is afflicted.
· These people are influenced by the conservative religion and traditional values of their background. Even rebellion will change only the form and not the reality of their basic beliefs.
· Life or travel in foreign countries may be most successful if connected with work.
· Care should be taken to avoid difficulties in travel.
· Systems of belief you will judge according to their practical value and you will seek and desire personal ­distinction through some achievement you have studied.

StillOne

Thanks a50,

One is a teacher and the other an engineer. The engineer has traveled exstensively due to work... Haha, spot on! :smile:

mahaira

I've got Saturn in the 9th, but I've never been disinterested or dismissive about unconventional topics. Quite the opposite. It could be because of the stelium in the 9th: Sun, Moon, Saturn.
If anything, Saturn helps me approach these subjects in a "scientific" manner or at least gives me a possibility to take the necessary distance.
However, there was a bit of a delay, as it is almost always the case whenever Saturn is involved. I didn’t get to fully explore that part of my personality until I was 25, although it began shyly around my 22nd birthday. And considering how interested I had been, it’s unusual. Reason? Circumstances above my control. I was strongly advised not to do anything about it until I got my degree. And judging by the Saturn’s placement, it took me a while.
After reading astrologer50's post, I can add that indeed I live abroad (work related and thanks to studies), I teach and write and still am continuing my studies (thesis), which involves a lot of research and analysis. Just one remark, even though I find pleasure in teaching and studying, it's often not my choice, but something I have to do to get to where I want to be. Typical Saturn.

StillOne

I've got Saturn in the 9th, but I've never been disinterested or dismissive about unconventional topics. Quite the opposite. It could be because of the stelium in the 9th: Sun, Moon, Saturn.
If anything, Saturn helps me approach these subjects in a "scientific" manner or at least gives me a possibility to take the necessary distance.
However, there was a bit of a delay, as it is almost always the case whenever Saturn is involved. I didn’t get to fully explore that part of my personality until I was 25, although it began shyly around my 22nd birthday. And considering how interested I had been, it’s unusual. Reason? Circumstances above my control. I was strongly advised not to do anything about it until I got my degree. And judging by the Saturn’s placement, it took me a while.
After reading astrologer50's post, I can add that indeed I live abroad (work related and thanks to studies), I teach and write and still am continuing my studies (thesis), which involves a lot of research and analysis. Just one remark, even though I find pleasure in teaching and studying, it's often not my choice, but something I have to do to get to where I want to be. Typical Saturn.
Hi, thanks for chiming in! Would you mind posting your chart? Just curious... :biggrin: It could possibly be the stellium or maybe other aspects?

socrates

I have a couple of friends with Saturn in the 9th house. They usually shy away from, and become disinterested or even disturbed, when I bring up unconventional subjects that are not proven, especially any topics on religion, spirituality, higher levels of existence, or... astrology.

Are there any members here with Saturn in the 9th house? How do you feel about this position?
I used to be open and naive,now i have a more skeptical approach and am very much an atheist,but i have saturn and a few more planets in 9th
i lived abroad but without qualifications it wasnt easy.Im now doing a TEFL, so maybe ill be teaching in China and such places

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_ll_m_hp_42715_7433.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_ll_m_hp_42715_7433.gif
    45.1 KB · Views: 69

StillOne

I used to be open and naive,now i have a more skeptical approach and am very much an atheist,but i have saturn and a few more planets in 9th
i lived abroad but without qualifications it wasnt easy.Im now doing a TEFL, so maybe ill be teaching in China and such places

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing. Do you believe that astrology provides you with a deeper understanding to your existence in a more concrete (scientific?) way than a religion or a philosophy would?

socrates

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing. Do you believe that astrology provides you with a deeper understanding to your existence in a more concrete (scientific?) way than a religion or a philosophy would?
it gives me a feeling of connection with the universe
religionwise i practice meditation but only for keeping balanced, cause im not sure there issuch thing as enlighenement

StillOne

it gives me a feeling of connection with the universe
religionwise i practice meditation but only for keeping balanced, cause im not sure there issuch thing as enlighenement

Since astrology makes you feel connected and your meditation more balanced, does your meditation have any connection to astrology?

Rebel Uranian

Just goes to show wherever Saturn resides is where we *lack confidence* and have to work harder to make things gel

Saturn in the 9th house
· Saturn's best positions are the 3rd and 9th houses. Gives a practical philosophy of life.

Why is one of Saturn's best positions in (one of) the house(s) of Jupiter? I can see it working well in the house of Mercury, but Jupiter not so much.

Why is one of Saturn's best positions in (one of) the house(s) of Jupiter? I can see it working well in the house of Mercury, but Jupiter not so much.

I would think the communication/cadent houses best placed, it can give a structure to philosophy (9th house matters) a need to research these. Some things you just pick up along the way of learning...

Lovely anecdote about Saturn from member mahaira,
There's an interesting thing I read somewhere, which I would never take as a rule as it oversimplifies matters - we can guess where someone's Saturn is placed, broadly speaking, by asking him/her "What do you want (or did want) but don't have?"

invivo

I have Saturn in the 9th.
I consider myself a Pantheist with a superficial affinity for Paganism. Though I have to admit, as a child I was fascinated with aspects of organized religion and insatiably curious of the God figure, even if my mother did nothing to encourage this. Instead, she introduced me to Astrology very early on. My only real link to religion was my Roman Catholic grand-mother who took me to church to light candles whenever she had the opportunity. Ghosts and paranormal activities were other aspects that I found quite alluring as a kid.

Finally, I grew up becoming very skeptical of it all and ended up not believing in God in its most common sense or any phenomena not scientifically proven. I still find it enjoyable discussing religious and spiritual philosophies, as long as the subject remains respectful and open-minded. I do not tolerate fanatical behaviors.

Along the line of what astrologer50 added, I did have to relocate to pursue higher education in my chosen field but this was combined to the need for emancipation and beneficial distance from my mother. I also had to relocate for work, as it turns out, this was more temporary than I had anticipated. I am about to return Home after 11 years abroad.

If I can add something new but speculative about this Saturn placement, it would be the sense of rejection experienced at a point in time in the areas pertaining to House 9; religion, education, work abroad. Has anyone else experienced that too?

In case some of you were interested in the effects of Saturn conjunct Midheaven, some of it about 9th house placement:
http://www.myastrologybook.com/Saturn-conjunct-midheaven-astrology.htm
It mentions a distant or absent father and problems with dominant parent, which is accurate in my case.

Attachments

• my chart.gif
    my chart.gif
    49 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

StillOne

Invivo, have you considered using a different house method besides Placidus? Your 8th and 9th houses are rather large. It certainly looks like your Saturn could be (should be?) in the 10th house...

invivo

Invivo, have you considered using a different house method besides Placidus? Your 8th and 9th houses are rather large. It certainly looks like your Saturn could be (should be?) in the 10th house...

Hi StillOne,
I've had my chart redrawn using the equal House system, yet I am not familiar with this system nor am I entirely clear as to why this would make more sense in my case... I'd love to understand.

Attachments

• equal house system.gif
    equal house system.gif
    70.9 KB · Views: 39

Claire19

Saturn is where we need to feel safe, conventional and abide by the rules. In the 9th deals with matters of faith, higher education and laws, universal truths etc...THey would also find that they may have to travel alone for some reason but not like it...... It is where we feel weakest and most vulnerable often.. SO what you say makes sense.

Claire19

Hi StillOne,
I've had my chart redrawn using the equal House system, yet I am not familiar with this system nor am I entirely clear as to why this would make more sense in my case... I'd love to understand.
Saturn in the 10th is its natural place. It deals with our father figure, authority, our public image and our goals, our career and vocation. Transits to that area will give a better picture of what may be going on....Depending on the aspects elsewhere,

Claire19

Saturn doesnt do well necessarily in the 3rd or 9th unless it is to give discipline for study and knowledge. It gives the ability to be alone to study and the ability to be diligent...bu again all depends on the whole chart.... Just citing a planet in a house in general doesnt really tell us anything...

I have Saturn in the 9th.
Along the line of what astrologer50 added, I did have to relocate to pursue higher education in my chosen field but this was combined to the need for emancipation and beneficial distance from my mother. I also had to relocate for work, as it turns out, this was more temporary than I had anticipated. I am about to return Home after 11 years abroad.

If I can add something new but speculative about this Saturn placement, it would be the sense of rejection experienced at a point in time in the areas pertaining to House 9; religion, education, work abroad. Has anyone else experienced that too?

In case some of you were interested in the effects of Saturn conjunct Midheaven, some of it about 9th house placement:
http://www.myastrologybook.com/Saturn-conjunct-midheaven-astrology.htm
It mentions a distant or absent father and problems with dominant parent, which is accurate in my case.

I read the link you provided and wasn't terribly impressed. I have couple of better ones for you...plus your saturn is 7' away from MC
planets conj MC
http://rugdeeaustralia.tripod.com/id18.html
http://www.skyviewzone.com/articles/asrticle3sc.htm

I have saturn wide orb conj MC in 11th house 8' so I identify with 11th house placement. Plus like mine your saturn is retrograde, going backwards and THIS suggests lack of structure, boundaries in early childhood. Mine was there physically, but self employed and worked 24/7 and unavailable most of the time to me..

Now your saturn is well aspected to mercury and neptune trines...:cool:

AND in Equal house your saturn would be 10th not 9th, so research this see if you can relate perhaps.....

Saturn in the 10th house
· Pride is the great danger here. Called the Napoleonic complex. A rise to the top followed by a fall. This is only true when the person has not learned humility and built his foundation on secure ground.
· Can be social climber and make money and prestige more important than service.
· Not an easy incarnation for it is a testing one.
· Power will be the test, self-reliance and ambition strong.
· Good business ability.
· Apt to have trouble through dominant parent. Often lack of father image in early life.
· There may be delays in finding a career, but once the search is over these people will be stable and responsible workers, overcoming difficulties with effort and gaining gradual ­promotion. Work should be practical, and bring status and ­authority.
· Probably been dictated to all their childhood by at least one parent ‑ hence the need to prove themselves -- will want certificates to display on walls, to prove to everyone and yourself that you are capable of achieving
· You will exercise caution concerning your ­principles, because your social standing will be very important

Last edited: