Your "Destiny" & the North Node

EdgesOnCircles

I recently read about the importance of the North and South nodes in a natal chart and I was just wondering if it holds true for anyone reading this. It is my understanding that throughout life, we try to move away and mature from our South Node and take on the characteristics of our North Node. Some have compared it to the North Star of our destiny. I have my North Node in Pisces (12th house) and consequently my South Node is in Virgo (6th house).

I realize there are other amateur astrologers on here such as myself - your South Node is directly opposite of your North Node.

Out of curiosity, what's your story? Do you feel a pull to your North Node or do you feel like you made a transition in life that correlates with your North Node? After the transition do/did you feel complete in a sense? Or do you think the North and South Nodes are a bunch of rubbish?

*Just my personal experience*

South node in Aries 8th house/North node in Libra 2nd house...
I agree with astrologers who believe that much of a chart can be condensed to these placemants. I know that I am a strong person who can weather all storms alone and be the warrior in life. I find what the "other" values as being as important to me (or more) than what I value. I feel that with the nodes on the 2nd/ 8th axis, it is a journey to establish personal values, and protect them...add in libra/aries...my life has unfolded beautifully the more people that I am including in that. The more healthy relationships I have that respond to and cultivate my core values, the more fulfilling my life. My south node is not at all "bad", I love that I am couragous and strong, but tenderness and vulnerability is what makes me grow.
and lets not forget rationality and balance. In short, I think the nodes are extremely important in personal growth...and to speak to your nodes, I feel there may be a lot of creativity there, good luck!

Last edited:

EdgesOnCircles

Twelthnight, may I ask where you personally find information about your North and South node? I tend to google everything so I fell upon cafe astrology and other small sites but I'm always skeptical about sources.
HA! Tickles me that you mentioned that. I have dreams every night and I always criticize movies and books that are produced/written today for lack of imagination. I have the urge to write but my fastidious nature is like a ball and chain. To my dismay it sounds like I'm still trapped in my South Node and I don't know how to let go. I'm sure there are other aspects in my chart that exacerbates this inclination.

Twelthnight, may I ask where you personally find information about your North and South node? I tend to google everything so I fell upon cafe astrology and other small sites but I'm always skeptical about sources.
HA! Tickles me that you mentioned that. I have dreams every night and I always criticize movies and books that are produced/written today for lack of imagination. I have the urge to write but my fastidious nature is like a ball and chain. To my dismay it sounds like I'm still trapped in my South Node and I don't know how to let go. I'm sure there are other aspects in my chart that exacerbates this inclination.

It may just be that my north node is in libra, so it requires interaction, but you may wish to get to know pisces-esque folks (or just people with strong neptune) btw, my bf has this pisces nn, and he is an incredible musician...he integrates his virgo sn...he is meticulous...always learning and growing, but he looks to the nn to inspire and balance his attention to detail...you can do it!...also, there was a book I will have to search out in my library that was very informative...will post the title when I find it!

EdgesOnCircles

It may just be that my north node is in libra, so it requires interaction, but you may wish to get to know pisces-esque folks (or just people with strong neptune) btw, my bf has this pisces nn, and he is an incredible musician...he integrates his virgo sn...he is meticulous...always learning and growing, but he looks to the nn to inspire and balance his attention to detail...you can do it!...also, there was a book I will have to search out in my library that was very informative...will post the title when I find it!

:joyful: That's wonderful to hear! I wish I knew how to play an instrument, particularly the piano or guitar...but I think I would have to be ADD to have that many hobbies/interests. Starting to feel like a Jack of all trades and a master of none.

Thanks for sharing by the way :biggrin: I will definitely come back for a title.

Also, it must be said that there is quite a nice situation going on with pisces 12th virgo 6th...you really understand Virgo and are open to Pisces...don't force it, it will unfold in your lifetime...

EdgesOnCircles

Also, it must be said that there is quite a nice situation going on with pisces 12th virgo 6th...you really understand Virgo and are open to Pisces...don't force it, it will unfold in your lifetime...

Sorry I'm probably going to be booted from forums for responding too much hahah...but are you referring to the transition from Virgo to Pisces (don't force it, it will come naturally) or is this a side reference for relationships including friendships with Virgos and Pisceans? Or a bit of both and I'm reading wayyyy too deep into this and need to slap myself...

Now that I think about it I don't think I've made friends with a Virgo or Pisces yet...I always find every other sign. How odd.

bittermoon

12th house in Aquarius, conjunct my Mars. I am not too sure what to make of it but according to my astrologer, I shouldn't have to worry about it too much. It will become clear to me. Awesome, as I'm still too busy with myself :/

12th house in Aquarius, conjunct my Mars. I am not too sure what to make of it but according to my astrologer, I shouldn't have to worry about it too much. It will become clear to me. Awesome, as I'm still too busy with myself :/

let's not forget the 12th is THE most cadent/hidden house. Even reaching for North Node can be soooo subtle almost a subconscious drive. It's not like you wake up one day and say to yourself, "Oh I must stat doing something with my life." it's an internal knowing, growing and yearning that is subtly conveyed.

I have N Node in scorpio 10th house and stellium in taurus 4th conj south node. So family matters,needs and wishes had to take precedent over what I personally wanted or my soul wanted to develop. It's suggested that in previous lives I either abused or owed a lot to family and it's karmic payback time to be sole caretaker/parent/head of family and until their needs are met I am not meant to have career or vocation.
Scorpio is all about intensity, deep and extremely analytical, make great researchers,detectives and always want 'deep and meaningful' whatever they do..Superficial is not an option for scorpio's

Healing Pluto Problems by Donna Cunningham
North node
http://www.cafeastrology.com/northnodesouthnode.html
http://www.astrologycom.com/nodes.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrology-articles/north-node-karma.php

http://northnodeastrology.blogspot.com/search/label/North%20Node%20and%20the%20Quest%20for%20the%20Authentic%20Self
http://northnodeastrology.blogspot.com/search/label/North%20Node%20in%20Taurus
http://northnodeastrology.blogspot.com/search/label/South%20Node%20Seventh%20House
http://www.north-node.com/astrology-tutorials/nodes

Karma & planets +retrograde
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290
http://karma.astrology.com/pastlife.html

hope this helps

North Node in 12th shoud take on some qualities of that sign (and aspects to them) but South Node in 6th virgo suggests coming away from worrying, overanalysing all those little details that tie you up in knots and learning to go with the flow more perhaps. To be of service to people, behind the scenes, to trust in a higher power other than yourself and learning to let go even...

Sorry I'm probably going to be booted from forums for responding too much hahah...but are you referring to the transition from Virgo to Pisces (don't force it, it will come naturally) or is this a side reference for relationships including friendships with Virgos and Pisceans? Or a bit of both and I'm reading wayyyy too deep into this and need to slap myself...

Now that I think about it I don't think I've made friends with a Virgo or Pisces yet...I always find every other sign. How odd.

Yes I was referring to moving toward pisces. You are already expert at all the Virgo stuff, so if you feel like your entire life is about details, being a bit nit-picky, critique, presicion, refinement and hard work then you might want to take some time off and dream and drift. Or, perhaps like my bf, use all that Virgo precision to make art...i feel like the south node helps with the north node. My natural strength and independence helps me be a great backbone for my family and a good partner (once I've also integrated the libra). So it's kind of like all those abilities from the sn will only shine once you've embraced the nn...before i started to think of others first, I was just scrappy and lonely. I was deep in the aries sn. Hope this makes sense, and will find that book now!

EdgesOnCircles

It's suggested that in previous lives I either abused or owed a lot to family and it's karmic payback time to be sole caretaker/parent/head of family and until their needs are met I am not meant to have career or vocation.
Scorpio is all about intensity, deep and extremely analytical, make great researchers,detectives and always want 'deep and meaningful' whatever they do..Superficial is not an option for scorpio's

Ha I was waiting to see if anyone would mention past lives - read about the possible association and thought it was interesting. Thanks for the links. I'll have to take a look sometime today. :joyful:

EdgesOnCircles

Karmic Astrology by Martin Schulman

Seems like there was another one I liked, don't have it now...

Thanks again for checking. I will have to look around for that one.
I'm highly interested in the subject now and with the addition of comments, it only makes me more curious. I forgot that the 12th house is rather mysterious and that might explain the feeling of destiny or an unknown pull towards a goal. Just funny that it rules prisons, hospitals and mental institutes...I wonder if Vincent van Gogh had his North Node in Pisces in the 12th house considering he was artistic and a little crazy lol! :whistling:

Fulcrum

Have you looked at your Draconic chart yet and seen which aspects it makes to your natal planets? You can do that at astro.com if you root around with the chart selection, there's an option to view the draconic and the natal chart together.

Me? NN in Leo second house, ergo SN in Aqua eighth. I'm coming out of past lives having been a part of the group and am being called to stand out from the crowd and acquire the tools necessary to lead.

Other aspects I notice in my Draconic-to-natal chart comparison but have not yet researched for want of time (I intend to, but if anyone wants to comment, as always, feel free):

Draconic Moon conjunct natal Jupiter
Draconic Venus sextile natal Mars
Draconic Saturn opposite natal Mars
Draconic Uranus sextile natal Saturn
Draconic Neptune sextile natal Uranus
Draconic Pluto conjunct natal Sun
Draconic Chiron opposite natal Sun and quincunx natal Mars
Draconic Vertex conjunct natal Moon and square natal Sun

EdgesOnCircles

Have you looked at your Draconic chart yet and seen which aspects it makes to your natal planets? You can do that at astro.com if you root around with the chart selection, there's an option to view the draconic and the natal chart together.

Oh I had no idea. I have an account and still exploring all the side links, it can be overwhelming. :pinched:
I assume it's under Free Horoscopes?

Just a question for anyone - http://www.lunarliving.org/moon/nodes.shtml
I know it has a basic chart at the bottom, but is it a general chart that I could refer to for a quick read? It's accurate for me just wondering. I could see some correlation with what some of you said - I'm sure it's more accurate if it's a combined chart such as N.N. in Leo (2nd House) rather than splitting them up by sign and house.

MantisReligiosa

I try to basically ignore the houses, because I am not sure which I should go for.
In Placidus, I have South Node in the 12th, as well. But I tend to use whole signs more, which puts it in the 1st.

I read this very interesting article once that said South Node in the 12th means you've spent your past lives in isolation, cut off from the rest of the world, and that now, you have to learn to get back into the world, and make your contribution(the 6th is the house of work, anda house of physical achievements, being an Earth house).
I found this to be very fitting, because I always felt outside of the world, and totally isolated.

The funny thing is I also have South Node in Virgo, North Node in Pisces, and Mercury conjunct North Node and Vertex, in Pisces, and the 6th house.
It's a very confusing situation.

You see why I prefer whole sign, although the 1st vs the 7th is a similar issue.
Being self-absorbed vs learning to relate to others, which I am famous for.

I mean, 22 and never had a relationship, and have very few friends.

But enough of this..you have to look at aspects to the Nodes, as well.

The houses show where your Nodes activate, the signs show how. For instance, South Node in Virgo, in the 12th can show that in the past, I've used my analytical abilities to isolate myself, or maybe ended up in the loony bin because of my high strung nature..who knows.
In the 1st, it can mean I've used Virgo qualities to assert myself and shape my identity through a conscious self-analysis process.

Planets conjunct the North Node show parts of you that will help you learn your karmic lesson.
So having Mercury conjunct my North Node, I will still have to apply my communication skills, intellectual abilities, maybe merchant abilities, but in Pisces mediums, maybe.

Planets conjunct the south Node show parts of you that you are very comfortable expressing. For instance, Mars conjunct south Node would mean that through your past lives you have perfected the Martian qualities, and know how to assert yourself, and be bold and confident.
Or Venus conjunct South Node means you master the art of tact and diplomacy. etc.

Planets in square to the Nodes are funny..I have read several takes on them. One theory says that the planets are in your way, one theory says you have to express those planets' energies to learn your lesson.
Maybe both are true, and both actually refer to the nature of the square, which is a tense aspect, requiring compromise on both sides.
Trines and sextiles show talents that you can use to get to your Node's mission.

StillOne

I've been interested in this recently as well... among so many other things (wonder why?). Anyhow I have my NN in the 6th in Cap 0'58'' and wondering since it's so close to Sag if I might be a blend of those signs for my NN?

Last edited: