Physical complaint arising!

Frisiangal

Hi All,
I thought those interested in health astrology might find this a good example of correlation.

I have Jupiter on 18 Leo in the 12th house square Sun on 21 Taurus in the 9th house. This square is under the influence of the transiting Jupiter-Saturn-Neptune square in the fixed signs in my 3rd-6th and 9th houses. What I had never noticed until now is that Jupiter is within orb of a semi-square (health indication) to my natal Neptune on 1 Libra 43R, whilst sec. progr. Neptune, now direct, has exactly reached its natal position . (Taking birth time equiv. to months and days, a 'new year' begins for me end October!). Jupiter rules my 4th house, Neptune my 7th house.

As a Taurean Sun I love gardening and have never had trouble when it comes to digging over part of my allotment (soil = Taurus) that is on a complex 'in the country' surrounded by open fields (9th), which I did in the week. My Libran Sun son-in-law usually digs it all over with his digger machine but he's so busy I didn't want to call upon him now and thought to save him the trouble. I just wanted to get that particular patch dug over before the winter, ready for early spring planting. Heavy clay soil following rain, it took about 2 hours but I enjoyed it and felt no discomfort of taking on too much and overdoing it (Jupiter)! What I failed to take into account was Saturn-ruled age.:(

Health astrology places the back under rulership of Leo. The thigh/hip and pelvic region is ruled by Sagittarius/Jupiter; the knees are designated to Capricorn/Saturn, and Aquarius/Uranus rules the calf/ankle region as well as motoric circulation within the nerve system .

By late Wednesday afternoon, the first niggles of physical pain (Saturn) in the back (Leo) began. By evening, I couldn't bend. Just a question of lazy muscles which warmth (Jupiter in Leo) will help, I thought. So I went to bed looking like a Japanese Geisha with a folded sleeping bag tied around my lower back. It did the trick; pain gone by Thursday morning. But by Thursday afternoon, I was beginning to feel a pain in my hips that went down one leg to the ankles. It felt as if I had rusty screws in my hip( Jupiter), knee (Saturn) and ankle (Neptune in 6th house in Aquarius?). By Friday I was hobbling around like an old crone when a friend mentioned that I had all the symptons of sciatica, for which my definitive English dictionary says:... "a form of neuralgia characterised by intense pain and tenseness along the course of the body's longest nerve extending from the back of the thigh to the calf of the leg."
Sleeping (Neptune) is an on and off affair because of the pain spasms (Aquarius) down the one side with every movement. The only thing to help is absolute REST; reclining on an easy chair, feet up, and being waited upon hand and foot by a Sagittarian Sun (personified Jupiter?) husband.:) I've always said that he is the thoroughbred and I am the working horse.:p At least, if only for a day or two , I may be enjoying the positive that comes out of a transiting T-square. And I've learnt my lesson. No more digging, even to help another out.;)

F.

Elianah

Hi Frisiangal!

Sorry you are in so much pain. I can sympathize with you with all the pain I am having in my mouth.

Have you considered getting a medical massage? What may be happening is that your piriformis muscle is pinching the sciatic nerve against the greater sciatic notch. If you did a lot of squatting or laterally rotated the leg in an unusual way during your gardening, it could have injured this muscle enough to inflame it in such a way to press the sciatic nerve against the greater sciatic notch.

Now the trick is finding a medical massage therapist that you can fully trust because the piriformis attaches to the anterior sacrum. This means that the therapist must work on both sides of the pelvic bone to release the muscle. Most people are uncomfortable having massages in those areas.

One can't use topical creams like Ben Gay to release the muscle because the piriformis is an extremely deep muscle, with several layers of muscle tissue above it on both sides. Your gluteus maximus, external oblique and rectus abdominus muscles might enjoy the heat from the cream but they would be the only ones to be affected by it. A heating pad may go down to the next layers of muscles, but it would still not reach the level of the piriformis muscle. The heat of a jacuzzi might penetrate deep enough, but it would only reach one side of the muscle since you would be sitting on its other side.

Here is a website that will give you an exercise that may help release the piriformis muscle:

http://egy-pt.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=0d94dab963d026c7f1beced986be2776&topic=36.new

Now to the medical astrology portion of the discussion....:eek:

I have always wondered if there are subrulers for the back for specific portions of it. Where as the whole back is ruled by Leo/Sun, perhaps the cervical vertebrae are ruled by Taurus/Venus, the thoracic vertebrae co-ruled by Gemini/Mercury (1-4) Cancer/Moon (5-8) and Virgo/Mercury (9-12), the lumbar vertebrae by Libra/Venus and the fused vertebrae of the sacurm by Scorpio/Pluto-Mars co-rulership (talk about being double fixed...:D ). The other thing I have pondered is that since the vertebrae are also bones and joints, they also may have the undertone of Capricorn/Saturn.

The pelvic muscles would be co-ruled by Scorpio and Sagittarius since they begin on the paired fused bones of the illium, ischium and pubis (the pelvis) or on the sacrum and attach to the femur (hip bone) in each leg. The sciatic nerve is ruled by Gemini and it is the lower portion of the piriformis (the Sagittarian portion) that is pressing against the nerve. This sends the nerve's communication network into a tizzy, sending pain messages all through the leg and foot.

I think I'll leave this here for now. If you want the more psychic energetic information, let me know.

Elianah

Frisiangal

Hi All,
An interesting P.S. to my original posting.

I have Jupiter on 18 Leo in the 12th house square Sun on 21 Taurus in the 9th house. This square is under the influence of the transiting Jupiter-Saturn-Neptune square in the fixed signs in my 3rd-6th and 9th houses. What I had never noticed until now is that Jupiter is within orb of a semi-square (health indication) to my natal Neptune on 1 Libra 43R,

Transiting BML has now entered Libra so I was wondering what, if anything, it would do when in orb of natal Neptune. HAH! Believe it or not, as a result of the sciatica (which is MUCH improved), this last week I have lost all feeling sensation (BML) in an area around my big and second toes (Pisces/Neptune ruled). Both transiting Uranus and Neptune are not activating my chart, although the transiting Mercury-Jupiter conjunction oppsed natal Sun and is now inconjunct natal Saturn in Gemini (nerve endings?). I was concerned that it could be a signal of 'hidden' Diabetes but the physio. has assured me that it is all part of the 'back problem'.

I received a letter from a fellow Taurean yesterday, born 12 days earlier than I, so also with Neptune in Libra. She mentioned that she has also had back problems and is not allowed to swim !

F.

Frisiangal

Hi Jag,
Thank you for your concern. Very sweet of you. I can assure you that I'm doing fine. Sciatica just needs TIME and with transiting Saturn-Neptune hovering around the natal Jupiter in Leo-Sun in Taurus square, it's going to be a while. Lots of walking necessary apparently....uuuuugggghhh!

It's difficult to sort the chaff from the corn where the transits and progressions are concerned, let alone appreciating the psychology behind it all, of which I am totally aware:D. But when did Neptune (ruler 7th house)/Libra ever think of themselves first?

Facts:
Secondary progr. Sun is sextile itself.
Sec. progr. Mercury (ruler Virgo Asc.) is applying conjunct natal Pluto in Leo (back/spine region);
Sec. progr. Moon in 9th is applying to natal Mercury, already activating Pluto in the close natal Mercury-Pluto square. (coincided with a recent death in family).

What I also find interesting, yet without really being able to understand or explain the significance of it, is that I have natal Vertex on 16* Aquarius in the 6th house opposing Jupiter (hips/thighs) and square 9th house (health) Sun, under influence of the transiting square in the fixed signs.
Sec. progr. Vertex is now conjunct natal Sun; the 'fated encounter' with a health problem? In retrospect, I have had 'twinges' of pain down my lower right leg (Aquarius) for years, which I suppose is the result of digging and bending in the garden in a wrong posture. I took on the allotment as of spring 2004, which EXACTLY coincided with transiting Neptune crossing my Placidus 6th house cusp. A physical complaint in the making, seeping in unawares, that became actual once the transiting T-square (of first post) reached the natal one ?:confused:

F.

Frisiangal

O.M.G !! Apologies !

I have just seen the message from Elianah, posted whilst I was reclining :p.
thank you.

I have always wondered if there are subrulers for the back for specific portions of it. Where as the whole back is ruled by Leo/Sun, perhaps the cervical vertebrae are ruled by Taurus/Venus, the thoracic vertebrae co-ruled by Gemini/Mercury (1-4) Cancer/Moon (5-8) and Virgo/Mercury (9-12), the lumbar vertebrae by Libra/Venus and the fused vertebrae of the sacurm by Scorpio/Pluto-Mars co-rulership

The medical astrology book I have written by a Dutch medical practitioner querying other practioners' astrological studies says something quite similar, Neck 1-5 = Taurus, 6 and 7 = Gemini,
Chest 1-3 = Gemini, 4-7 = Cancer, 8-11 = Leo, 12= Leo/Virgo?
Back 1 and 2 Virgo, 3-5 =Libra,
Sacrum 1-5 Scorpio,
tail (?) 1-5 Sagittarius, or Scorpio?

The rest of your post strongly correlates to the reasoning behind the pain expressed by the physio. and the latest loss of sensation in the toe(s).

Your knowledge of the physical body is very extensive. Did you have medical training of any kind ? So great that you can apply it astrologically; there seem to be so few who actualy can and do so.

Thanks again.

F.

Frisiangal

Frisiangal said:
Transiting BML has now entered Libra so I was wondering what, if anything, it would do when in orb of natal Neptune. HAH! Believe it or not, as a result of the sciatica (which is MUCH improved), this last week I have lost all feeling sensation (BML) in an area around my big and second toes (Pisces/Neptune ruled).

For anyone interested:
I kid ye not!
Natal Neptune is on 1.43 Libra.
I noticed on Friday that the sensation (can feel the tickle) is returning to my big toe. Transiting BML had reached the latter minutes of 3 degr. Libra. and is now out of orb to natal Neptune!

F.