Void of Course Moon in Natal Chart

Selene

Not sure if this would be the place to post this...

I was asked by a fellow astrology student who is not on these forums if the void of course moon applies to the natal as well.

I know it applies to horary, but I have no idea how to interpret it in a natal hosroscope.

The astrology books I own do not speak about this either...

Is there a natal interpretation for the void of course moon? If so what is it?

BobZemco

Is there a natal interpretation for the void of course moon?

You mean like a Magic-Bullet Generic Internet Voodoo Formula?

No.

Why is the Moon Void of Course? Because it won't make any aspects before leaving its current sign.

If you understand that, then you know that any Planet and the Sun can be Void of Course as well (and that reminds me of something).

A Void of Course Planet is the same thing as an Unaspected Planet.

It's going to draw a lot of attention, like sand in your eyes and you keep rubbing and rubbing your eyes and the sand is still there. The outlet is the House the VOC/Unaspected Planet rules.

Nobody cares about a VOC Moon in a natal chart. Does anyone want to know why? Because of the movement rate of the Moon.

A VOC Planet is another animal entirely. A VOC Planet through progression may (or may not) eventually progress to form an aspect, so that problem is resolved.

But, an aspected Planet might progress to become a VOC Planet and now you have a new problem. The solution is still the same, focus on the house the VOC Planet rules.

A VOC Moon is only VOC for a few days, maybe a week at most (except under some really bizarre circumstance). A VOC Planet could be VOC for years and years, maybe your whole life.

dr. farr

For me, while VC Moon makes a big difference in divinations, beginning of undertakings, events (to a certain extent), I join Mr. Zemco's statement above and have not found Moon VC of any significance in natal.

Differing from Mr. Zemco (and also the traditionalist outlook in general) in my personal belief and experience I give no attention whatsoever to VC planets, either in natal or horary or any other astrological practice; perhaps this attitude of mine is based upon my acceptance of the ancient "connections" concept of degree based planetary monomoiria, and also of the ramifications of the Pauline dodekatermorion "connections": also my consideration of the parallels of declination (and contra-parallels) and sometimes also of parallels of latitude (which Dorotheus of Sidon valued)-looked at with these additional considerations of mine, it actually is rather uncommon for a planet ever to be "void of course" ; these concepts might also account for my (personal) rejection of the doctine of "peregrine" relative to planetary dignity/debility. Now I don't apply these concepts relative to the Moon in "saving" it from VC "status", but for me the Moon (and the Sun) are special cases (actually neither are "planets"-the Moon is a satellite, and the Sun is a star), and, in my little mind, special factors apply to them which are not the same as other factors which apply to the planets (note that everything I have written in this paragraph is offered merely as my own experience and personal outlook)

Last edited:

Selene

I appreciate both responses and they confirm what I told her, however I wanted to make sure because there's so much I don't know about astrology yet :)

Thank you!

Silver Moon

I am posting here because this is the topic of interest which brought me to your forum.

My interest in this topic started several months ago when, by chance I discovered that I was born while the moon was VOC.

I do differ from the earlier posts in this thread in that I believe that it most definitely affects the life of individuals who are born during a VOC moon.

It truly explained so much of the frustrations I've experienced all my life, and seek more information to fully understand it and hopefully be able to advise others who share this natal occurrence.

JUPITERASC

I am posting here because this is the topic of interest which brought me to your forum.

My interest in this topic started several months ago when,
by chance I discovered that I was born while the moon was VOC.

I do differ from the earlier posts in this thread in that I believe that it most definitely affects the life of individuals who are born during a VOC moon.

It truly explained so much of the frustrations I've experienced all my life, and seek more information to fully understand it and hopefully be able to advise others who share this natal occurrence.
these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwadm

DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address

2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)

3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...d.php?t=118441

kaktuzz offers FREE online software chart calculation :smile:
at https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/birth-chart-horoscope-online
with traditional chart calculation option
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

Silver Moon

Thanks for that link. It appears to be the same post from the other site.

There is a lot of very useful info regarding the VOC moon in a natal chart in that post.

One of my favorite quotes from that post is:

"The Moon is in place to reflect the light of day into the darkness of night. It is our candle in the night. She helps us to feel how we are connected to our world. She rules the womb. When the womb is void it is fully cleansed and prepares once again, a fertile home for potential life. That seed is planted in darkness, ruled by the waters, the Moon. As the waters below were gathered into one place, dry land appeared (a fetus in development, a place for evolving life to step to higher ground and into the light?). "

Silver Moon

In that post AquarianEssence quotes the following from an article by Ann Massy that"

"I have also observed how void-of-course Moon individuals tend to fall into jobs, marriages, and other situations that form the basic story lines of human life, through fluke not by apparent design. These void-of-course Moon individuals are not in the least materialistic; pursuing riches is not on their agenda. They go with the flow unless we are talking about moral issues and ethics; they do not take injustice lightly. Void-of-course Moon people, in my opinion, take a very strong stand on what is right and what is wrong, no shades of gray here. Mind you I do not think they are judgmental, but strong ethics appear to be a very inherent, natural trait."

Having been born during a VOC moon, I can truly relate to the truth of this statement.

In another article I'll need to find again it stated that those born during a VOC moon also are prone to making bad decisions. When I look back over the course of my life, I can see where I often made poor choices.

Years ago, I guess it was the early 80's I lived near NYC and visited an astrologer there. I've often wondered about her comment to me that I was particularly "fated", that things seem to just happen for me. I now wonder if she stated that because of my birth date being during a VOC.

Attachments

• Birth chart.pdf
    155.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Karmic Moon

Continuing.

I found an additional forum that has some good info regarding a natal VOC moon . . . however the last active posts were from 2010.

I'm not sure if the forum will allow me to provide a link to that thread, but here is the link.

http://erosastrology.proboards.com/thread/22/natal-moon-void-course

I am curious to hearing from others who were also born during a VOC (void of course) moon.
I was surprised to find this forum topic. I have researched, from time to time information on having a birth time during a VOC moon. Needless to say, over the past few years since I discovered that I was born during one, I have thought of finding others who share this situation. Which is never found discussed re charts.

Your comment:
"Years ago, I guess it was the early 80's I lived near NYC and visited an astrologer there. I've often wondered about her comment to me that I was particularly "fated", that things seem to just happen for me. I now wonder if she stated that because of my birth date being during a VOC."

I could easily have written that entire statement as my own. I think its often too easy for those who are not born during a VOC to dismiss it. Learning this about my birth was very enlightening to understanding why I've seemed to experience so many uncanny frustrations through life.

Not sure anyone will even see this post, but I too am interested in hearing from others whose natal charts have a VOC moon.

Blessings to all.
Judy

Last edited:

ChevyD

I am extremely close to VOC moon in my natal chart.
On my birth date VOC moon ended at 12:14pm at 00 00' Capricorn
I was born at 12:34pm with moon in natal at 00 10' Capricorn.

I place more importance on degree of moon than VOC. I too have things that just seem to happen, I have no logical reasoning for this. It's why I do believe in fate. Many things beyond my control happen, being in the right place at the right time is the story of my life. I thought for years it was luck, controlled by Jupiter. But now, I do believe my moon is partly responsible.

Last edited:

Karmic Moon

What led me to this forum was an indepth report I just purchased which states:

"Your path of personal development in life will be quite unique since you were born with one of
those rare charts that contain no Semi-Sextile and no Quincunxes between planets." There are no "growth aspects" and it sounds suspiciously like VOC. Again, of all the reports I've purchased over the years, none ever reference this situation in my chart.

I'm not certain the degree makes too much difference if the time of birth falls into an area that makes no aspects. It seems like to me, as far as my own life and understanding, having aspects to any planet would provide certain forward moving influences in life depending on the planet.

If you consider Hillary Clinton for a moment. Who was born during a VOC. With all the success she has achieved in her life, the golden ring she so strived for was never reached, no matter how much effort was put into it. I can see that type of thing happening over and over throughout my own life. Getting close, but no. I've had many wonderful things happen my life - perhaps rather "fated", but those I pursued with a deliberateness and much determination never seemed to work, for one reason or another. I think if I had understood this early in life, I could have orchestrated my life course a bit differently.

What led me to this forum was an indepth report I just purchased which states:

"Your path of personal development in life will be quite unique since you were born with one of
those rare charts that contain no Semi-Sextile and no Quincunxes between planets." There are no "growth aspects" and it sounds suspiciously like VOC. Again, of all the reports I've purchased over the years, none ever reference this situation in my chart.

I'm not certain the degree makes too much difference if the time of birth falls into an area that makes no aspects. It seems like to me, as far as my own life and understanding, having aspects to any planet would provide certain forward moving influences in life depending on the planet.

If you consider Hillary Clinton for a moment. Who was born during a VOC. With all the success she has achieved in her life, the golden ring she so strived for was never reached, no matter how much effort was put into it. I can see that type of thing happening over and over throughout my own life. Getting close, but no. I've had many wonderful things happen my life - perhaps rather "fated", but those I pursued with a deliberateness and much determination never seemed to work, for one reason or another. I think if I had understood this early in life, I could have orchestrated my life course a bit differently.
Really interesting! I’ve been studying astrology for many years and have only within the past 1+ year even learned what a VOC moon was and started planning around it. And then just tonight realized I was born during one! What you said about Hilary is scarily accurate to me so far as well. I feel like I can’t afford another thing to prevent me from getting what it is that I want, sigh. At 36 I have a lot of time left to be denied things. Having studied Human Design over the past year or so too I’ve learned that “going out and getting things” doesn’t really work with my design. But since I consider myself more of an astrologer and trust it more than HD, this makes so much sense too.

Last edited:
In that post AquarianEssence quotes the following from an article by Ann Massy that"

"I have also observed how void-of-course Moon individuals tend to fall into jobs, marriages, and other situations that form the basic story lines of human life, through fluke not by apparent design. These void-of-course Moon individuals are not in the least materialistic; pursuing riches is not on their agenda. They go with the flow unless we are talking about moral issues and ethics; they do not take injustice lightly. Void-of-course Moon people, in my opinion, take a very strong stand on what is right and what is wrong, no shades of gray here. Mind you I do not think they are judgmental, but strong ethics appear to be a very inherent, natural trait."

Having been born during a VOC moon, I can truly relate to the truth of this statement.

In another article I'll need to find again it stated that those born during a VOC moon also are prone to making bad decisions. When I look back over the course of my life, I can see where I often made poor choices.

Years ago, I guess it was the early 80's I lived near NYC and visited an astrologer there. I've often wondered about her comment to me that I was particularly "fated", that things seem to just happen for me. I now wonder if she stated that because of my birth date being during a VOC.
Just realized tonight that I was born during a VOC moon and it’s kinda blowing my mind. Having only within the past year even learned what the VOC moon is and planning around it (and now being hyper aware of them and things going wrong during them) being born during one just makes so much sense. I thought I was always being told NO by the universe because of Saturn in an overcoming applying 2° square to my Mars. Sounds like it’s probably both.

I just looked up a couple of my fellow single girlfriends (same age 36) and like 4 of them were born during VOC moons too. Pretty wild. Sorta depressing tbh. Just feels like nothing will ever manifest fully or how I want it to. I don’t know how else to interpret it! Less emotional or something, meh, snooze

redlila

I was surprised to find this forum topic. I have researched, from time to time information on having a birth time during a VOC moon. Needless to say, over the past few years since I discovered that I was born during one, I have thought of finding others who share this situation. Which is never found discussed re charts.

Your comment:
"Years ago, I guess it was the early 80's I lived near NYC and visited an astrologer there. I've often wondered about her comment to me that I was particularly "fated", that things seem to just happen for me. I now wonder if she stated that because of my birth date being during a VOC."

I could easily have written that entire statement as my own. I think its often too easy for those who are not born during a VOC to dismiss it. Learning this about my birth was very enlightening to understanding why I've seemed to experience so many uncanny frustrations through life.

Not sure anyone will even see this post, but I too am interested in hearing from others whose natal charts have a VOC moon.

Blessings to all.
Judy
Hi Judy,
I just found out about natal V/C moons....despite having studied astrology for most of my life. I have a Pisces Moon v/c.
I can relate to a couple of the things claimed by others.
I see that your post is relatively recent, so hopefully you're still around!

"Nobody cares about a VOC Moon in a natal chart. Does anyone want to know why? Because of the movement rate of the Moon."

------he answers his own false answer here. the movement of the moon is different for everyone, i have a fast moving moon. so because it is unique, everybody cares about moon VOC. also, women who want to get pregnant at one point in their life also look if their moon is voc in their natal charts.

IleneK

Premium Member
"Nobody cares about a VOC Moon in a natal chart. Does anyone want to know why? Because of the movement rate of the Moon."

------he answers his own false answer here. the movement of the moon is different for everyone, i have a fast moving moon. so because it is unique, everybody cares about moon VOC. also, women who want to get pregnant at one point in their life also look if their moon is voc in their natal charts.

I did not see Bob Zemco's comments as false. I wonder if you would want to share what made you characterize it that way? What is when he says that nobody cares at VOC Moon in a natal chart?

Humanitarian

Not sure if this would be the place to post this...

I was asked by a fellow astrology student who is not on these forums if the void of course moon applies to the natal as well.

I know it applies to horary, but I have no idea how to interpret it in a natal hosroscope.

The astrology books I own do not speak about this either...

Is there a natal interpretation for the void of course moon? If so what is it?
It also applies to natal too. VOC moon is the state of the moon when moon is major aspected, there are only seperating major aspects and no applying ones, even conjunctions. Applying minor aspects doesn't save the Moon from being VOC though, so if you only have minor aspects to the Moon when Moon was in a higher degree than all planets, the Moon is VOC

youljah

Not sure if anyone will read this because the thread is a bit older- but what I learned from my astrology teacher is that in ancient astrology you would consider the VOC moon only if it does not make an aspect to another planet within the next 30 degrees. So what you use in horary is a different definition of the VOC moon - and having a TRUE VOC moon in a natal chart is quite rare, but if it’s the case it is quite significant!