hello! I'd appreciate if you helped me a bit...

plutonic

I'm new here, and just recently got interested in the horary..I'm a bit confused cause I don't know whether I should "follow" William Lily's teachings, or modern horary..anyway I posted a question "Will we ever get married" and am reluctant whether to continue with analyzing it, or consider it "not valid", cause the moon is in late degrees, and the ascendant is in pretty early degree :confused: .
If the chart is, regarding these facts, still readable, any kind of input is appreciated :)

Wish you all a nice day :)

Attachments

• will.gif
    will.gif
    79.3 KB · Views: 32

archergirl

Hello, plutonic, and welcome to the forum!

William Lilly's teachings still hold true for the most part, but the more I do horary the more I feel that Frawley and the 'modern' horarists are correct, that any chart can be read.

It would be very helpful to know, before providing you with some assistance in reading your chart, a bit of background information about your question/situation. Are you and this person together now? How long have you been together, are you not together, etc.? Without the background of a question, any astrologer is basically shooting into a dark room and won't know where to aim. It is easy enough to give a 'yes or no' answer, but a 'yes or no' answer is seldom what is needed or wanted; human beings and their lives are complicated, and this is borne out by horary charts! :D

If you could fill us in a little bit on your situation, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks a bunch.
Best wishes,
AG:)

eonechoes

I say the chart is radical either way. Didn't Lilly say less than 3 degrees and no more than 27 for a not radical chart? I don't think a void of course Moon makes a chart not radical either, by his definition, does it? I think it just leans towards a negative answer, if I'm correct in my understanding (and remembering) of Lilly's teachings.

plutonic

Hello Archergirl and Eonechoes!
Your feedback is very appreciated :) :)
I was in a relationship with this man, but it ended abruptly, meaning I'm not a very tolerant person (girl), and at any sign of "preaching" i'm gone...so not quite happy ending though it was a great love..met him recently and it was a pleasant encounter; a great respect between two of us...anyway, i admit is the odd question even for me, but somehow i have a feeling we'll end up together again, in something serious...

Thank you for taking time for this :) ;)

archergirl

Hello plutonic,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'll have a look at your chart now.

The most interesting thing about horary, for me, is the questions people ask, and the reasons they ask them.

In your chart, there are a number of considerations that give us a negative answer, and here's why:

1. The ascendant is still in early degrees, although it is past the '3 degrees and earlier' mark. The chart can certainly still be read, but what this early ascendant tells us is that the question is premature. You are not even *with* this guy right now; in fact, you have split up, so with the question, "Will we ever get married?", the chart says, "too soon to tell; you are not together now."

2. The moon, your co-ruler, is VERY late, and void of course; nothing will come of this question. 'You' are about to have some sort of change of heart.

When the moon changes signs, it enters 'your' (Venus') sign, maybe saying that your heart and your head will be speaking the same language. :p The Moon's first aspect will be an immediate square to the Sun, natural ruler of 'Men', and so the co-ruler for your Ex. In this square, there is mutual reception, but not 'equal' reception. The Sun in Cancer 'loves' Cancer's ruler, the Moon (you), but the Moon in Libra will 'hate' the Sun (from Frawley's definition).

3. Venus and Mars, rulers of the 1st and 7th, apply eventually by trine, with Venus as the initiator, but before the trine can take place, two things happen: Venus meets Saturn, ruler of obstacles; and then Mars leaves his domicile and enters his detriment. In his detriment, he is in your domicile (Taurus/Venus) indicating that his feelings for you continue, but Mars is very weak in Taurus and is only in Venus' terms: you are barely interested in him.

The fact that Venus conjuncts detrimented Saturn, prohibiting contact with Mars, is sufficient for a 'no' answer. What is interesting is, while you are asking this question, it appears to be *you* who grows less interested in your ex, rather than vice-versa.

Being that you are not now together and have not indicated that there is movement toward a reconciliation with him, it seems unlikely from this chart that you will reconcile, let alone marry him. :(

Best wishes,
AG:)