Chinese Astrology, Seasons. Months, Days

duan

According to a Chinese Astrology interpretation, the twelve Chinese signs are associated with years, seasons and months.

Here are the twelve animals, their favorable month and the associated season of the year:

Rat: Winter | December
Ox: Winter | January
Tiger: Winter | February
Rabbit: Spring | March
Dragon: Spring | April
Snake: Spring | May
Horse: Summer | June
Sheep: Summer | July
Monkey: Summer | August
Rooster: Autumn | September
Dog: Autumn | October
Pig: Autumn | November

Animals are very active during their favorable month and season. All their attributes and characteristics are far more obvious and bold during their associated month. Chinese signs rule over days of the week too:

Rat: Thursday
Ox: Saturday
Tiger: Saturday
Rabbit: Friday
Dragon: Tuesday
Snake: Friday
Horse: Wednesday
Sheep: Monday
Monkey: Sunday
Rooster: Saturday
Dog: Friday
Pig: Thursday

So the twelve Chinese Horoscope signs rule over years, seasons, months, days. They also rule over hours of the day. I will present hour categorization in another post. When an animal rules over a year it is more powerful than when it rules over a season or month. When an animal rules over a month or season it is more powerful than when it rules over a day. Let's see how this works:

Let's say its Monday. July 28, 2008
Let's find the rulers for this day..

Year 2008 is ruled by the Rat.
It is Summer and the rulers for this season are the Horse, the Sheep and the Monkey.
It is July so the ruler for this month is the Sheep.
It is Monday and the ruler for this day is the Sheep.

So this day (28/7/2008) is ruled by:
- The Rat which is the most powerful ruler since it rulers over the year.
- The Sheep which follows as a ruler of the month and the specific date.
- The Horse and the Monkey which are less powerful during that date, since they are season rulers.

You can find more information about each Chinese sign in my free website about Chinese Astrology and Chinese Horoscope.

starlink

Hello Duan, welcome to this Forum, I see you are new here. Also thank you for posting a new thread. I have a question. I am a pig but I really dont like November or Autumn. I do like the autumn colours (I am a Taurus), but that is about all. I was born in the far east (Indonesia) so maybe that has to do with the fact that I only thrive in warm weather. I freeze as soon as it gets below 18° LOL!
Could this be explained in Chinese astrology? In Western natal astrology you also cannot say "oh, you are a Taurus, so you like fine food". Some Taurusses dont like fine food. It depends greatly on other factors in the natal chart, like the Ascendant. Is there something like that in Chinese astrology? I mean an Ascendant? I know there are different materials, so you can have a wood Pig or a metal Pig or water Pig (I think) and this should give some nuances, but that is really all I know.
I wonder how you look at these things.

thanks & cheers, Starlink

fensi88

Respect Duan!
Chinese signs rule over days of the week too:

Rat: Thursday
Ox: Saturday
Tiger: Saturday
Rabbit: Friday
Dragon: Tuesday
Snake: Friday
Horse: Wednesday
Sheep: Monday
Monkey: Sunday
Rooster: Saturday
Dog: Friday
Pig: Thursday

Thanks for this info, but your example is very simple, because Monday rule only one animal, Sheep. My question is how could you pick up animal for example some Saturday, because as I see in your post it may be Tiger, Rooster or Ox?

Also, do you know some site where I can find explanation about predicting winner of some sport contest by chinese astrology. What do you think it is more important to look in that case (I am a big sport fan), for particular day and time?? Do you have some example?

They also rule over hours of the day. I will present hour categorization in another post. When an animal rules over a year it is more powerful than when it rules over a season or month. When an animal rules over a month or season it is more powerful than when it rules over a day.

Thanks also for this info, I always ask myself on particular day what is more important.

jiasha

Hold on...the whole each animal rules a day thing doesn't really make sense.
If pig is Thursday, then that means the day after the pig day should be the rat day, which is Friday. But according to the post rat is also Thursday...:confused:

athan

hi there
Chinese astrology is still greek to me but I really want to find out the way it works... sure waiting more of your input Duan.

cheers
Athan

Last edited: