Need help with this...

Anyone? Question about difficult aspects

I have tried to work this out on my own, as I'm going through a tough time of things right now but I still can't make much sense of it.

I have a few difficult aspects in my natal chart, apparently, 2 yods and a t-square and that's not counting the supposedly poorly aspected venus yadda yadda yadda...

This is my first time posting on here so not sure how to link a chart but I'll try:

https://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_w2gw_f_s.36126.301548.png&res=63

The yods:

Mars 11° in Cancer (12th House) - apex
Uranus 15° Sagittarius (5th house)
Jupiter 16° Aquarius (7th house)

Uranus 15° Sagittarius (5th house) - Apex
North node 15° Taurus (10th House)
Mars 11° Cancer (12th house)

The T-square:

Is between Venus, Saturn and Jupiter - with Venus opposing saturn and Jupiter as the apex. Venus is in taurus in house 10, saturn is in my 4th house in scorpio - Jupiter is in my 7th house in aquarius.
Venus at 20°
Jupiter at 16°
Saturn at 22°

If anyone could tell me what this means and what the transiting "Activation" of these points would do? I think the yods may mean a life of service, or sacrifice for others? Or maybe that's way too literal?

Any help would be massively appreciated as I feel completely lost.

Attachments

• natal chart.png
    natal chart.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Just want to expand a little, from my research on yods I think only one of these is a "true" yod and that's the one with mars at the apex - apparently all three points must be planets (so ascendent, north node and MC don't count) and the apex has to be a fast moving planet.

So you can likely discount the other yod - still interested in hearing from other "true" yod havers though and what effects T squares have?

waybread

Can you say a bit more about the difficulties you're experiencing now? Are you feeling "lost" about life, or more about interpreting your chart?

So far as your yods go, I wouldn't count them in your chart because the orbs are too wide. A quincunx should be pretty close to exact. It's considered a minor aspect, and once you get into this territory, you can find that they bump into other minor aspects that might actually better indicate the relationship between two planets. Also, I think you need 3 actual planets for a chart pattern like a yod.

The major formations that I see in your chart are the T-square with Venus, Jupiter, and Saturn; and a Pythagorean triange with sun, Neptune, and Pluto. This latter one is formed by an opposition, yet where a third planet trines one planet in the opposition and sextiles the other, having a somewhat mitigating effect.

Can you say a bit more about the difficulties you're experiencing now? Are you feeling "lost" about life, or more about interpreting your chart?

So far as your yods go, I wouldn't count them in your chart because the orbs are too wide. A quincunx should be pretty close to exact. It's considered a minor aspect, and once you get into this territory, you can find that they bump into other minor aspects that might actually better indicate the relationship between two planets. Also, I think you need 3 actual planets for a chart pattern like a yod.

The major formations that I see in your chart are the T-square with Venus, Jupiter, and Saturn; and a Pythagorean triange with sun, Neptune, and Pluto. This latter one is formed by an opposition, yet where a third planet trines one planet in the opposition and sextiles the other, having a somewhat mitigating effect.

So a 5° orb is too wide for a quincunx? The yod I was referring to does involve planets, but if the orb is too wide then ok.

Your last paragraph is confusing, what is this mitigating effect of this other aspect you're referring to?

As for the difficulties I'm experiencing, it's complicated but I guess you could reduce it down to me feeling a little lost and aimless. I've spent a long time working towards certain goals, and now that I've achieved them and I'm contemplating the next step I feel pretty lost and whenever I've tried to move on it's like I'm blocked; either from my own indecision or from things outside of my control. I dunno, it's just a **** position and so I've turned to astrology to try and find some answers.

waybread

A 5 degree orb is too wide for a quincunx. Consider that two planets 154 degrees apart form a tri-septile (360/7) and two planets 144 degrees apart form a bi-quintile (360/7.)

Your chart indicates a sun-Neptune opposition, which is stressful. Neptune makes it hard to develop a consistent and clear sense of self. But Pluto sextiles Neptune and trines your sun. Pluto here acts as a "helper" because sun trine Pluto is a very powerful constructive aspect.

Your goals in life are probably a 10th house matter, both because of the MC and your north node being located there. The NN shows where your growth lies. It conjuncts a domiciled Venus. Here we see another Pythagorean triangle. Saturn opposes Venus, which is stressful, yet Mercury helps the situation, in sextiling Venus and trining Saturn.

I'd be surprised if you don't have artistic talent, be it music, writing, or painting. Is it time to pursue it more seriously? I think the key is not letting Saturn drag you down with self-doubt, but activating its virtue of self-discipline.

Thanks so much for the reply.
It's funny that you mention art; I used to be very into art and I was an arts' student until it came to university where my practical side took over and I switched to chemistry.
So yes, I am very artistic and it's funny you mentioned it as I've only just recently started painting again to help me through this "funk".

I've never considered pursuing it seriously, but it's definitely helped me recently.

So my goal in life will be my work if there's all of that pointing to my 10th house? This is why I've always liked astrology, it's absolutely fascinating but really complicated lol.

Thanks again for your insight.

waybread

The 10th house rules one's vocation in life, in the sense of a calling; as well as one's vocation in life. The modern concept of "career" falls a bit short here.

Your NN conjunct Venus in the sign it rules does suggest a focus. So watch out for Saturn: he's kind of the wet blanket of the zodiac, and not only does he oppose your Venus-NN, but your SN conjuncts him. The SN is our comfort zone, but where we can stagnate if we stay in it too long. The NN, indicator of our personal growth, often demands some risk-taking.

The good side of Saturn, however, are its valuable lessons of hard work, self-discipline, and deferred gratification.

With Aries on the cusp of your MC, Mars also plays an important role. Its location in the 12th house makes me wonder if you would prefer working on your own.

Your chart has a preponderance of the water element, which is one's feeling, emotional nature. While chemistry might pay a lot better, to me, art seems more consistent with your horoscope.

I do prefer working on my own, yeah. Thanks for your insights - didn't realise saturn was conjunct my south node until you mentioned it - and in my fourth house it actually makes a lot of sense. I have a tendency to retreat into my home life and basically become a hermit when the going gets tough, and it always depresses me so I know it's bad for me to stay in one place for too long; especially when that place is home - it feels like stagnation or going backwards whenever I do it.

waybread

Even if you stick with a chemistry career, you might try to spent a little time each day or week with your art as a hobby-- see where it takes you.