Hairdressers - Venus or Mars?

Mandy

Ah, well, I am a hairdresser (of 12 years) and I have Mars (sharp tools) conjunct Venus (self-explanatory) in 10th. In hair-cutting, you cant have one without the other, can you? In colouring now, there is no sharp objects, so maybe just Venus. Hair-up again, Venus. But, I do have to say that for all these imagination is so important. My Mars/Venus conjunction squares Neptune. There is nothing worse than a mechanical hairdresser. Its an art that is applied uniquely to each person's appearance/taste/personality etc. I'll bet many good hairdressers have Neptune aspects to Venus. Also, all the top names I know have gone though the "drugs" tunnel.

P.s., A bit of Virgo/Mercury detail-ism doesnt go amiss either!

Last edited:

Moog

Ah, well, I am a hairdresser (of 12 years) and I have Mars (sharp tools) conjunct Venus (self-explanatory) in 10th. In hair-cutting, you cant have one without the other, can you? In colouring now, there is no sharp objects, so maybe just Venus. Hair-up again, Venus. But, I do have to say that for all these imagination is so important. My Mars/Venus conjunction squares Neptune. There is nothing worse than a mechanical hairdresser. Its an art that is applied uniquely to each person's appearance/taste/personality etc. I'll bet many good hairdressers have Neptune aspects to Venus. Also, all the top names I know have gone though the "drugs" tunnel.

Ha, that's brilliant, how apropos. Thank you. :biggrin:

What is the 'drugs' tunnel?

Mandy

Cool! I forgot to mention Mercury/Virgo too, but edited it in above ;)

The drugs, I just meant that you know how people with the Venus/Neptune square always get informed about the likelihood of escape through drugs. Well, in hairdressing, drugs are very common in salon staffrooms, and definately after hours. Hairdressers like to party and often stylists are still tripping on Saturday morning whilst cutting your hair. Salons are always pumping with music. It only just struck me now that Neptune may be the common denominator to the imaginative/creative works and the drug/alcohol/escapist culture, in general. So, I'd definately say that Neptune seems prominent in the trade. In regard to your question, I'd say for imagination.

Mercury/Virgo for perfectionism is nice, but its a trade, so I'd assume you can perfect your skill without a prominent Virgo.

Moog

Cool! I forgot to mention Mercury/Virgo too, but edited it in above ;)

The drugs, I just meant that you know how people with the Venus/Neptune square always get informed about the likelihood of escape through drugs. Well, in hairdressing, drugs are very common in salon staffrooms, and definately after hours. Hairdressers like to party and often stylists are still tripping on Saturday morning whilst cutting your hair. Salons are always pumping with music. It only just struck me now that Neptune may be the common denominator to the imaginative/creative works and the drug/alcohol/escapist culture, in general. So, I'd definately say that Neptune seems prominent in the trade. In regard to your question, I'd say for imagination.

Mercury/Virgo for perfectionism is nice, but its a trade, so I'd assume you can perfect your skill without a prominent Virgo.

I never knew the hairdressing industry was such a hotbed of narcotic use.

dr. farr

I can see the Mars connection (cutting instruments, etc) however I would consider "beauticians" and related professions, largely under the Venus affinity; note that many consider Neptune a higher octave of Venus**, and in light of the above post re to drug use, this is an interesting and suggestive possible connection.

(**personally I consider Neptune an amalgam of Venus, Moon and Jupiter qualities)