Could you please give me some insight into my past life?

AnastasiyaEnchanted

Would anyone be able to please give me some hints or ideas about who I was and what I did in my past life? I am trying to interpret my own chart but I am having a lot of difficulties. Any information would really be appreciated.

Attachments

• Anastasiya Russo Chart.jpg
    Anastasiya Russo Chart.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 48

JUPITERASC

Would anyone be able to please give me some
hints or ideas about who I was
and what I did
in my past life?

I am trying to interpret my own chart but I am having a lot of difficulties. Any information would really be appreciated
Action has consequence :smile:
so......

Inspirational-Quotes-If-You-Want-To-Know-Your-Past.jpg

Your present conditions
are your daily experiences

and

natal chart potential

HOWEVER

it is important to have a reliable official time of birth

waybread

Past-life astrology is highly problematic. There is no way to check it for accuracy, in the way that you could for your current life and natal chart. For example, if I make a prediction about your future or analyse your character in this-life, you have some potential to determine whether my analysis is correct or incorrect. A lot of astrological work on past lives is demographically implausible. There simply weren't enough seers and prophets in the past to account for Neptune placements in billions of people's charts today. Most people throughout history were poor agriculturalists.

karthik20

Interesting observations by rahu .but then i do agree with waybread. I would suggest u read sanjay raths books if u are keen past life astrology , and ive been very curious about this myself n thinkin of a plr. Thanx

Last edited:

waybread

A couple of good books on reincarnation are by Jim Tucker: Life Before Life and Return to Life, but then they don't deal with astrology.

AnastasiyaEnchanted

In what way would interpreting a past life blueprint describe how to explain your current blueprint of life?

I am studying evolutionary astrology based off of Steven Forrest's work, and in his belief unresolved past life dynamics shapes your current life circumstances and behaviors. This claim obviously can not be proven so he encourages people who are skeptical of reincarnation to look at the south node as heredity. If you choose to believe in karma, then the principle is that whatever scarred, vexed, or trouble us in the prior life will come up in the chart as an unresolved issue that needs to be worked upon in order for our soul to evolve. Because our rational mind does not remember all the details that happened to us in the prior life, the south node would represent the feeling that we carried from the past life trauma into this life. The way we felt about our past experiences would linger with us in this life until those issues are resolved via the north node. Since karma is habitual and negative, we tend to fall into the same habits that harmed us in the past because they feel the most comfortable to us. The only way that we can prove that it works is by trying to understand what happened in our past life through the chart and seeing if those same circumstances and dynamics are repeating in the present life. This type of approach penetrates the heart of the matter faster and changes the interpretation of the chart to be more insightful. The karma doesn't have to be specifically from the most recent prior life, but it is usually collected over many lifetimes because the soul was not able to resolve those issues. Until those issues are solved, we will keep reincarnating with them.

waybread

I have a lot of respect for Steven Forrest's earlier work. I don't find some of his more recent work to be so helpful. People have enough unresolved issues in this life that they don't need to go looking to imagined past lives in order to address their problems for the here-and-now. I find a lot of westerners' comments on karma to be just so much cultural appropriation; whereas the original Hindu version seems to have the effect (if not the goal) of keeping misfortunate people in their place and reinforcing an unjust hegemony.

This isn't to deny the probability of reincarnation, but it is to suggest that we look at how astrologers too often use past lives astrology simply to criticize people for supposed past actions that they cannot recall and may never have committed.

I think it makes more sense to interpret one's SN as one's comfort zone, and the NN as where our growth lies.

AnastasiyaEnchanted

I don't think the point of basing readings on reincarnation is to criticize people. Instead its used more as a tool to help guide a person in a better direction by acknowledging and breaking harmful behavior. Even if reincarnation is not true, I hope that most astrologers can agree that the south node can be looked at as a point that will not lead to self evolution if those patterns are repeated.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I am studying evolutionary astrology based off of Steven Forrest's work, and in his belief unresolved past life dynamics shapes your current life circumstances and behaviors. This claim obviously can not be proven so he encourages people who are skeptical of reincarnation to look at the south node as heredity.

OK... then you are all set.

mdinaz

You have likely lived hundreds of other lives; your current chart encompass any of them because your natal chart is who you decided to be in THIS life, not any other. You choose when and where and who from to be born so that you can create the experiences you want to have in this life. If there is carry over there is no way to tell what experiences are from what life time. I've had many karmic relationships in this life that are pointed to experiences in other lives, and they cover many different life times. My south Node is in the 7th house, so I guess in this life past relationships will be relevant to my current spiritual growth of the north Node in the 1st. WHICH specific relationship and when it occurred is really irrelevant. While they will tend to be "recent" (within the past 100-150 years) some of the past life relationship stuff I'm dealing with goes back 500 years while others are within the 20th century even though I'm aware of dozens of lives in the past 500 years and I'm sure there are more I'm not aware of.

Zarathu

Account Closed
You have likely lived hundreds of other lives; your current chart encompass any of them because your natal chart is who you decided to be in THIS life, not any other. You choose when and where and who from to be born so that you can create the experiences you want to have in this life. If there is carry over there is no way to tell what experiences are from what life time. ......

MDINAZ is correct here. We live in a spiral of lives, which is the non-linear dynamic system of being. We don't live in a linear sequence of lives. Circumstances don't all you to build directly on you last live into this life. Elements of many previous lives come together in this time with these people with these circumstances to build a set of processes for you to grow in this life.

Your south lunar node can help you with knowing what specific strategies you came into this life with and were good at, but also which you need to move forward from and build on. But that is not learning about your immediate past life.

What you came in with is what you are good at. You can keep doing those things that you were good at and that you built into your repertoire of skills from previous lives, or as your Soul wants you to do(and ultimately you travel together, and your Soul will tell you that when you develop soul consciousness), AND you can build on those skills and do things that take you out of your comfort zone and learn new things.

But trying to find out about past lives is simply procrastination from the work of the present, IMO. And astrologically, again in my opinion, without knowing a good bit more about your life in this time, learning your life's mission won't help you because you won't know enough about how your ming works and how changes happen to yoou to use the information in the first place.

Last edited:

mdinaz

But trying to find out about past lives is simply procrastination from the work of the present, IMO. And astrologically, again in my opinion, without knowing a good bit more about your life in this time, learning your life's mission won't help you because you won't know enough about how your ming works and how changes happen to yoou to use the information in the first place.

Finding out about past lives just for the sake of finding out is a waste of time as you say - while entertaining, it is essentially a distraction. Finding out about a SPECIFIC past life as it relates to a current situation that is impacting you now is often very important. For instance, if you are deathly afraid of water and discover at some point you drowned in dramatic fashion in a past life, that information is helpful as it will help you get past this current irrational fear and allow you to enjoy the ocean with your kids. But for me to search and find out that at one point I drowned in dramatic fashion isn't particularly relevant for ME right now because I have no fears of water or boats or anything else. Focusing on that life and trying to learn more about it would just be a distraction as there are plenty others that are impacting me NOW in dramatic fashion and those are what is important. When spirit needs you to know about a SPECIFIC past life, it will send you the information or relevant people as you need it at the correct time.

waybread

I don't think the point of basing readings on reincarnation is to criticize people. Instead its used more as a tool to help guide a person in a better direction by acknowledging and breaking harmful behavior. Even if reincarnation is not true, I hope that most astrologers can agree that the south node can be looked at as a point that will not lead to self evolution if those patterns are repeated.

I think we're on common ground re: the south node, here. However, I don't think the SN is necessarily negative: it operates more like a comfort zone. It won't lead to growth but, if well aspected, it can indicate your assets. For example, my SN is in Libra in the 2nd house. While I recognize that this could all change in an instant, I have been fortunate so far in that my money has almost always worked out for me, even when I had very little. I've never been wealthy, but comfortable.

I think incarnation exists. My only concern on this thread is that I don't think astrologers have done a particularly good job with it. They don't all agree on how to interpret it off a birth chart, either. I have several books on past-lives astrology, and can report the following:

Martin Schulman, Karmic Astrology: Retrograde planets indicate unresolved issues from previous lives that we try to revisit.
(Fair enough, but then almost half the population has Pluto retrograde and there is no way to test Schulman's thesis.)

Mary Devlin, Astrology & Past Lives. Past life birth dates can be gleaned through hypnotism or "hypersentience." In rare cases, young children recall recent past lives (see Tucker books cited above.) Once former birth data are learned, a horoscope can be constructed. Her method has one advantage of being theoretically testable, as in some cases it is possible to determine whether such a historical personal actually lived, but a life "recalled" under hypnotism could equally be the product of a rich imagination.

Devlin dismisses the rule from esoteric astrology that: the moon is your most recent past ascendant, the ascendant is your past sun, and your sun now is your future ascendant. She also dismisses the belief that souls reincarnate "around the zodiac" with sun signs "evolving" from Aries to Pisces. Based on her research, she feels that the soul incarnates with the circumstances most conducive to its particular mission in this life.

Independently of any past life connotation, I do like her statement, "We view the natal chart as an 'assignment sheet' showing the curriculum to be mastered in a particular grade of this planetary school for souls." (p. 5)

(To be continued.)

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Finding out about past lives just for the sake of finding out is a waste of time as you say - while entertaining, it is essentially a distraction. Finding out about a SPECIFIC past life as it relates to a current situation that is impacting you now is often very important. For instance, if you are deathly afraid of water and discover at some point you drowned in dramatic fashion in a past life, that information is helpful as it will help you get past this current irrational fear and allow you to enjoy the ocean with your kids. But for me to search and find out that at one point I drowned in dramatic fashion isn't particularly relevant for ME right now because I have no fears of water or boats or anything else. Focusing on that life and trying to learn more about it would just be a distraction as there are plenty others that are impacting me NOW in dramatic fashion and those are what is important. When spirit needs you to know about a SPECIFIC past life, it will send you the information or relevant people as you need it at the correct time.

We all have those things in our past lives. All of us have died violent sometime painful deaths. I'm not sure that knowing a specific pieces of information like that is useful at all since its a pretty common experience.

I'm not afraid of water, but one day I had one of the most real dreams of my life. I was a fish, and I got hooked on a fishing line. For 45 minutes I fought it, and finally got away at the cost of ripping half my mouth apart. I was so scared. I will never ever fish again. Of course I am a vegan anyhow, but for the past 8 years I thought it was for my acid reflux and have recently discovered that my Soul arranged it "for religious reasons".

waybread

(continued)

For my money, Devlin's is the best researched, most sensible work on past-lives astrology, and she says that you cannot "determine who and what a person was in the past by studying that person's horoscope.... No one can say exactly who you were in a past life; we can only tell you what other people with similar chart patterns appear to have been." (p. 8) She bases this comment on extensive research into "then and now" horoscopes of people whose past selves have been identified (hypothetically) through an external method like hypnotism.

Devlin suggests that the 12th house (not the SN!) indicates "unfinished business of the past," with Saturn showing one's past-life "inclinations and characteristics."

Judy Hall, The Karmic Journey, is different yet again. Deja vu, Jungian "ancestral spirits," "morphic resonance", and regression experiences are good enough evidence for her, without locating an actual historic person, even if the average person might see them as the product of a vivid imagination.

To Hall, difficult aspects in a chart are karmic, indicating the need for a behavioural shift in this life. Then she has a list of planetary pairs which, if linked in the horoscope through aspects, indicate past life experiences to resolve in this life. For example, a hard Jupiter-Saturn aspect would indicate an optimism/pessimism or spendthrift/miser dilemma. Saturn's placement particularly indicates karmic issues. Each house indicates karmic issues. For example, planets in the 5th point to karma involving children. The 12th, however, is the main house of karma. Hall also uses the nodes to indicate what is "carried over" (SN, mostly negative) and what should be developed now (NN).

A problem I have with Hall's approach is its circular reasoning. She sets forth some principles of chart interpretation without really demonstrating their reality-grounding, then goes on to interpret clients' charts through her assumptions. For example, a troubled female client, a business executive with the SN in Aries, is told that she is coming off of multiple past lives as a man!

There is a lot more material of this nature: the moon is your unconscious past-lives residue. Judy Hall's book on the Hades Moon has some further karmic interpretations on moon-Pluto contacts.

Then there are past-lives astrologers who pretty much rely on the nodal axis, like Steven Forrest (Yesterday's Sky) and his chapter in Rafael Nasser's Under One Sky. I love Forrest's earlier books, but his past-lives approach truly doesn't work for me. As I mentioned previously, my SN is in the 2nd house. I've had times of little money and mostly times of comfort, but I've generally felt my money is not a big issue for me, any more so than the average person. To Forrest, I am supposed coming off of some past-life extreme of either poverty or wealth, leaving an emotional scar regarding my security. I've had personal insecurities, yes-- but not about income any more than the average person. In Forrest's "Evolutionary" astrology chapter in Nasser's book, he speculates that the mystery chart belongs to a woman who was a Cherokee spiritual leader in a past life!

Isn't this just a bridge too far for some of you? It is for me.

(to be continued)

waybread

(continued)

Perhaps anyone reading my "literature review" has come up with the same questions I have. For example, there seems to be an assumption in all of the books I've read except Devlin's, that past lives were rather homogenous in their problems and needs for development. Further, much of astrology, notably horary, is theoretically testable. If I predict that you will have many children, are an introvert by nature, or that your lost keys are under the bed, you can report back on your family size, your results on the I-E scale of the Meyer-Briggs personality test, or whether the keys were under bed or not. In contrast, we have to take past-lives/karmic astrology on faith.

But just to wrap up with the books on my shelf.

Jan Spiller, Astrology for the Soul, also relies heavily on the nodal axis. Unfortunately she conflates sign and house number. The NN in Aries or in the first house has the same meaning for her, leading to confusion for, say, people with the NN in Aries in the 7th house. Spiller's NN Aries people are apparently coming off of past lives as "housewives, secretaries, counselors, and assistants." (p. 22) Their past lives had remarkable similarity in primarily being a support person for somebody else. This is one book untroubled by demographic realities of the past. For example, NN in Gemini people had past lives as wandering holy men, nomads, and hermits. They have had many incarnations as "Philosopher Kings." (p. 113)

Since roughly 1/12 of the world population today will have the NN in Gemini, demographically there just were not sufficient numbers of philosopher kings in the past to accommodate all of them. Spiller's delineations seem to be entirely intuited or imagined.

Stephen Arroyo, in Astrology, Karma, and Transformation, views karma as intrinsic to reincarnation in an "eye for an eye" or "tit for tat" model derived more closely from Hinduism. Saturn is the "lord of karma" and squares and oppositions indicate past life issues to be worked on in this life, but people have the ability to improve their situations through pro-active uses of their horoscopes. The element of a stressed planet indicates excesses according to the element's nature that need to be disciplined. Virgo, Pisces, and Scorpio are karmic signs, as well as the 4th, 8th, and 12th karmic houses, because they symbolize shifts in human consciousness. Arroyo is not specifically interested in who you might have been in a past life. Rather, he has some generic delineations of this-life personal difficulties with suggestions on how to move forward.

Finally, Jeff Green views reincarnation through the lens of Pluto, which he equates to the soul. He takes past lives for granted, and views the SN as indicative of past-life residues in Pluto: The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul. If you want a modern "evolutionary astrology" take on karmic relationships, Green's Pluto: The Soul's Evolution Through Relationships, vol. 2, may be your book. Just don't ask for a particle of evidence in this book on synastry from a past life perspective.

Obviously the above list is not exhaustive. A Vedic astrologer would have a different take on past lives. I just hope to show that the topic is more complicated than merely a SN/NN delineation, and that different past-lives or evolutionary astrologers don't all agree on how to read a current birth chart for past lives; or even, whether it would be the right chart to read.

mdinaz

Personally, I think the natal chart is useless for determining anything about any past lives, as that is not what the chart indicates - it only indicates your spiritual lessons for THIS life. Whether those lessons are based on negative or unfinished experiences from the "past" (lives are not lived linearly but simultaneously) or whether they are brand new experiences is really irrelevant. The only area where a previous life time experience can be seen IMO is in the composite charts of people, who have come together in multiple lives for some experience to be seen through. In that instance you can see the focus of the lives and perhaps where the 'past' is relevant as it relates to the current experience. Not every relationship has this karmic aspect however, many do not - some may be brand new relationships and others may have known you in other lives but only superficially. There is always a large cast of "extras" in your play, with only a few main characters that you work with repeatedly.

mtobler

What about those better established cases: i.e Anne Frank, James Leininger etc. Wouldn't those cases be a good starting point into studying Past life Astrology ?
From what I've looked into thus far about the aforementioned cases is that there does indeed seem to be a Node correalation in the comparison charts, however it should be noted that the Node itself can simply mean giving something social awareness (Both cases garnered a lot of media attention which could be attributed the node and have less to do with a past-life interaction ? ?)
From what I gather it would make far more sense to experiment with methods that put your current-self into the past such as Regressions as opposed to Progressions and perhaps then you will discover a shoe that fits.